[nabski] gay event

asskek
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Asskek

[nabski] gay event

Post by asskek » #434099

Byond account and character name: asskek, randomname
Admin: nabski
Time and Server(Bagil or Sybil) incident occurred: bout thirty minutes ago as of this posting, bagil
ROUND ID HERE: idk how to get this
Detailed summary: he sent in a medical shuttle in the middle of a traitor round, fun event, sure, but then when it naturally got robbed by crew, nabski got super pissed. he blew up the shuttle killing an assistant that was in it and gibbing the corpse of a guy that i, as a medical borg of the event, wanted to clone after i killed him in self-defense. he THEN teleports the remaining medical dudes including me to the nuke shuttle, spawns a nuke team that then gets 2 discounted assault borgs (he reskins them to an "ERT look"), gives everyone ERT medical suits, and sends them onto the station with antags still alive and traitoring around. station gets nuked in 7 minutes. this was maybe 20 minutes into the round?

i love events dude but you can't lose your shit when they don't go as planned and then just nuke the station lol, especially when there's still traitors alive.
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: [nabski] gay event

Post by Nabski » #434100

The round was https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/bas ... und-92784/

The assistant was asked to leave multiple times and told they could take the mech before the ship "departed". I did a delete with leaving mobs on it, which left their body exactly as is but deleted the mech they were in gibbing no-one.

You were the only remaining medical dude.

I can't help what they get as discounts. They were reskinned to the Fargo colors (blue and green) just so it looked slightly less like standard nuke team. I removed their syndicate suits and gave them the ert medical suits in exchange. The crew had a solid two announcements to figure out that nothing good was happening with that.

It was 35 minutes into the round.

Also this https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3855
Jordb3
Byond Username: Jordb3

Post by Jordb3 » #434104

Round ID was 92784.
The nuke ops after the event failed were definitely not thought out very well, the traitors on station had already caused a lot of damage, blowing up and gibbing the captain. There was no admin message to the station that would let the crew know that they were going to be invaded by the medical staff, and since we all were wearing ERT suits I dont think anybody who saw us even thought we would be hostile, meaning we were just able to walk around and get the nuke disc that wasnt really protected. I dont think the shuttle was actually blown up, when admins move the medical shuttle its sort of like how the escape shuttle arrives, gibbing anyone standing in its place, but there probably should have been a warning that the shuttle was leaving soon.

It was definitely annoying how quickly the event fell apart, even before anyone really knew what was happening, but once the ship was gone it could have just stayed as a regular traitor round.
Edit: Just saw Nabskis reply, it might be helpful to mention the rule about complaining about events in the Admin Complaints Forum Rules post as there is no mention of it there and people would probably only look through that before they post.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #434113

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3855
TL;DR: If you have a problem with an event, it no longer goes here. Use Event Workshop for critique and ideas, use admin feedback to talk about a specific admin's events, and use singulo to bitch. Remember you can also talk to any admin by adminhelping, finding an admin you trust and PMing them or in #supportbus.
asskek
In Game PermaBanned

Post by asskek » #434232

Dax Dupont wrote:https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3855
TL;DR: If you have a problem with an event, it no longer goes here. Use Event Workshop for critique and ideas, use admin feedback to talk about a specific admin's events, and use singulo to bitch. Remember you can also talk to any admin by adminhelping, finding an admin you trust and PMing them or in #supportbus.
yea dude that's some homo shit. i don't care about the event, i'm not complaining about the event, in fact if the crew had gone along with it the event would've been great i'm sure. but the crew chose not to go along with it because the station had just been bombed by a traitor, the shuttle blocked the solars some dude was working on, and your ERT guy was being a dick to crew. it should've ended there, not with the death of two people and then the station WITH ALIVE TRAITORS getting nuked by ops disguised as ERT (sending vague messages to """""warn"""" them isn't an excuse for this) literally 10 minutes later.

this complaint isn't about the event, it's about nabski not being able to handle when not everything goes as planned in a space station simulator. nabski's a good admin i'm sure, though i havent had many interactions with him, but this is behavior that has to be nipped in the bud before it accelerates.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #434235

It's still an event
asskek
In Game PermaBanned

Post by asskek » #434236

Dax Dupont wrote:It's still an event
sending in disguised ops 20 minutes into a traitor round isnt an event
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #434237

asskek wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:The general gist of this post is that if an admin did something that indirectly got you killed, it's not worth whining about. Making new antags, pushing buttons, whatever. If they hop in a mech themselves or confer an incredibly unfair advantage to existing players on the station that would would be an issue. So "HE MADE NUKE OPS ON MY BLOB ROUND" wouldn't be ok. "HE REVIVED THE GUY I KILLED AND TURNING HIM INTO A DEATHSQUADDIE" would.
Source: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 855#p96033
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
asskek
In Game PermaBanned

Post by asskek » #434239

BeeSting12 wrote:
asskek wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:The general gist of this post is that if an admin did something that indirectly got you killed, it's not worth whining about. Making new antags, pushing buttons, whatever. If they hop in a mech themselves or confer an incredibly unfair advantage to existing players on the station that would would be an issue. So "HE MADE NUKE OPS ON MY BLOB ROUND" wouldn't be ok. "HE REVIVED THE GUY I KILLED AND TURNING HIM INTO A DEATHSQUADDIE" would.
Source: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 855#p96033
So "HE MADE NUKE OPS ON MY BLOB ROUND" wouldn't be ok.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #434240

That was an example. Blob can be replaced with any antagonist and it will still be true.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
asskek
In Game PermaBanned

Post by asskek » #434241

BeeSting12 wrote:That was an example. Blob can be replaced with any antagonist and it will still be true.
??? that's literally sticky saying that this isn't ok

all i want is some accountability from nabski for getting salty that his event didnt work and then nuking the station lmao
that's undeniably shit
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #434242

asskek wrote:
BeeSting12 wrote:That was an example. Blob can be replaced with any antagonist and it will still be true.
He's saying making a complaint about it isn't okay, not that the action isn't okay.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
asskek
In Game PermaBanned

Post by asskek » #434244

BeeSting12 wrote:
asskek wrote:
He's saying making a complaint about it isn't okay, not that the action isn't okay.
vague wording
anyway if nabski isn't receptive to feedback, which he obviously isn't judging by his refusal to post in this thread beyond restating what i've already said, then there's nothing to be done but a complaint. after the round with 5 people bitching in ooc about it he didn't say a single word other than "yeah i made those custom reskins"
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #434245

In a way it still did go to plan. Why do you think I had icons ready for both medical AND assault borgs when there was only a medical borg on the ship. This is about the fourth time that the crew has hit the shuttle and just taken stuff out of me running this event enough to lose track. The original version of this was only admin spawned things with no "loot" waiting on the shuttle to be taken. This didn't give as many cool options for traitors that didn't want to play nice.

When the walls were able to be welded down and items stolen from outside I've let that all vanish onto the station for the crew to take.

The time a traitor showed up 20 seconds after I loaded the map I just requested they leave as it wasn't ready it. (Hi Sticky!).

If the thing was coded as an actual shuttle able to move and dock, then maybe this would have seemed less random to you. From your perspective it looked like me just taking my toys and going home "deleting the shuttle", then warping you to the nuke OP team. Since you missed the chaos on the shuttle while going after the engineer it may have looked to you like I just instantly gave up when something started to go wrong. The crew had welded down two walls, took apart the machinery for operations/cloning, taken the mech, one of the gear lockers, and poked towards the hidden gear but I managed to actually protect that stuff this time!

I think you may be confusing my in game comments, which were intended to be IC, with how I actually felt as an admin.

For reference they were (These are comments directly to the "fargo" nuke team)
welcome
from medship fargo command
They fucking robbed us
AGAIN
I'm sick of this shit
if anyone has a request for medical stuff
make it now
yep
(Someone asks if blow up the station)
no, yeah you get to blow them to fucking bits

The crew made a few requests, I fulfilled one of them (eye implants), but then left so I could deal with an ahelp involving an officer torturing the clown while saying lewd things. The officer was then banned for three days (rather than longer) because they had a relatively positive history and were willing to see why what they were up to was bad. This took up a significant amount of time so the next two times I payed any attention to this event were when you again ahelped because you thought a teammate killed you (it was the chemist that had stolen a hardsuit from the ship), and when the bomb went off.
asskek
In Game PermaBanned

Post by asskek » #434246

Nabski wrote:In a way it still did go to plan. Why do you think I had icons ready for both medical AND assault borgs when there was only a medical borg on the ship. This is about the fourth time that the crew has hit the shuttle and just taken stuff out of me running this event enough to lose track. The original version of this was only admin spawned things with no "loot" waiting on the shuttle to be taken. This didn't give as many cool options for traitors that didn't want to play nice.

When the walls were able to be welded down and items stolen from outside I've let that all vanish onto the station for the crew to take.

The time a traitor showed up 20 seconds after I loaded the map I just requested they leave as it wasn't ready it. (Hi Sticky!).

If the thing was coded as an actual shuttle able to move and dock, then maybe this would have seemed less random to you. From your perspective it looked like me just taking my toys and going home "deleting the shuttle", then warping you to the nuke OP team. Since you missed the chaos on the shuttle while going after the engineer it may have looked to you like I just instantly gave up when something started to go wrong. The crew had welded down two walls, took apart the machinery for operations/cloning, taken the mech, one of the gear lockers, and poked towards the hidden gear but I managed to actually protect that stuff this time!

I think you may be confusing my in game comments, which were intended to be IC, with how I actually felt as an admin.

For reference they were (These are comments directly to the "fargo" nuke team)
welcome
from medship fargo command
They fucking robbed us
AGAIN
I'm sick of this shit
if anyone has a request for medical stuff
make it now
yep
(Someone asks if blow up the station)
no, yeah you get to blow them to fucking bits

The crew made a few requests, I fulfilled one of them (eye implants), but then left so I could deal with an ahelp involving an officer torturing the clown while saying lewd things. The officer was then banned for three days (rather than longer) because they had a relatively positive history and were willing to see why what they were up to was bad. This took up a significant amount of time so the next two times I payed any attention to this event were when you again ahelped because you thought a teammate killed you (it was the chemist that had stolen a hardsuit from the ship), and when the bomb went off.
you're word for word saying that you got upset your event didn't work for the fourth time (shouldnt you have learned by now?) so you nuked the station in an autistic fit
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #434247

I actually did get upset the first time it got robbed, and complained pretty heavily in the admin channel at the time.

But that was like a week ago and rather than being shitty and salty I just tried to improve on the event.

For the four times it's failed there's been plenty of times where it's worked. You don't just throw something away because it's occasionally not perfect.
asskek
In Game PermaBanned

Post by asskek » #434248

Nabski wrote:I actually did get upset the first time it got robbed, and complained pretty heavily in the admin channel at the time.

But that was like a week ago and rather than being shitty and salty I just tried to improve on the event.

For the four times it's failed there's been plenty of times where it's worked. You don't just throw something away because it's occasionally not perfect.
"improve the event" =/= "wow it didnt work after i made some minor changes, hm maybe i'll just send in disguised nuke ops in the middle of a traitor round to blow up the station"
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #434250

asskek wrote:
Nabski wrote:I actually did get upset the first time it got robbed, and complained pretty heavily in the admin channel at the time.

"improve the event" =/= "wow it didnt work after i made some minor changes, hm maybe i'll just send in disguised nuke ops in the middle of a traitor round to blow up the station"
This is back to complaining about the event, and I still feel it was thematically appropriate.
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #434263

Holy shit it's a Toronto post that makes sense and is coherent.

But until a headmin or significant section of admins tell me otherwise, I stand by the nuke team.

Also Asskek is just wrong there was an announcement.

No, there's nothing worth complaining about if you get killed by admin created meteors. Sometimes the station is deadly.
Yes there's something worth complaining about if the admin possessed/threw the meteor directly at you.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #434274

What we have here, is an admin running an event, then spawning nuke ops, on a traitor round.

Firstly, traitor rounds are frequently subjected to events because of their less structured nature, and the opportunity for traitors to interact with that event and make it more interesting (Stealing shit from the shuttle for nefarious purposes, for example.) So running this event on this round was fine.

A nuke op team while there are several active traitors might be uncharacteristically short-sighted, but ultimately we have so many rounds with multiple antagonists that this also isn't a huge issue.

I'm neutral on the policy I wrote years ago, it was a different time, but what we have here is essentially someone whining their brains out because a round of a video game didn't go there way, as an indirect result of an admin event. This thread has devolved into poor comprehension, internet-lawyering and pathetically overblown complaints about one round. This is not a bad ban. This is not meteor spam out of rage. This is an admin spawning some nuke ops. The nuke ops, clearly by chance, happened to be competent and successful. Frankly at that point it was out of nabski's hands because you better fucking believe we'd have three valid admin complaints if he spawned a bunch of nuke ops and deleted them if they proved to be too successful.

And so we come back to that policy. The point of it was stop threads exactly this retarded. They used to crop up twice a week and take up inordinate amounts of time and effort, and every permabanned/blacklisted/rarely plays shitter would relish the opportunity to pop their heads in and whine about admins they haven't seen operate for years.

And look what fucking happened here.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #434330

Stickymayhem wrote:Frankly at that point it was out of nabski's hands because you better fucking believe we'd have three valid admin complaints if he spawned a bunch of nuke ops and deleted them if they proved to be too successful.
He spawned them so shouldn't he get to do what he wants with them? Maybe straight up deleting them on the spot is odd however what prevents him from just going 'good job on getting the disk now come to base to complete the mission' and then delete them?

It seems dumb to go 'spawning nuke ops is fine but if you dare fuck with the nuke ops YOU spawned then we're gonna fucking lynch you'
asskek
In Game PermaBanned

Post by asskek » #434334

Stickymayhem wrote:This is an admin spawning some nuke ops. The nuke ops, clearly by chance, happened to be competent and successful. Frankly at that point it was out of nabski's hands because you better fucking believe we'd have three valid admin complaints if he spawned a bunch of nuke ops and deleted them if they proved to be too successful.
they didn't happen to be competent and successful, they followed a medical ship being sent in with two command announcements saying the equivalent of "we're sending more doctors" and were dressed as medical ERT lol. NO ONE fought them. not a single shot was fired by the crew, anyone who fought back was silently ganked.

they also got a free medical syndieborg, me.

once nabski sent in nuke ops it clearly ceased being an event and was just an attempt by him to end the round, 20 minutes in, the station eventually being nuked 32 minutes in, because his event didn't go as planned.

that's lame as fuck dude, and don't call me a shitter because i think this is bad admin behavior. i like nabski as an admin, but this shouldn't be ok and i don't want admins to just end the round whenever their event doesn't work out. that's what you're encouraging here bud
Last edited by asskek on Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
asskek
In Game PermaBanned

Post by asskek » #434335

Nabski wrote:
asskek wrote:

This is back to complaining about the event, and I still feel it was thematically appropriate.
again, you getting salty about your event not working out and force-ending the round because of this isn't an event
it's just shit
this isn't an event complaint
asskek
In Game PermaBanned

Post by asskek » #434345

iamgoofball wrote:
asskek wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:
Ayy Lemoh wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:does it really count as an event when it's already a game mechanic that exists, mulligan is still a thing
Only one lone op spawns if, according to what I heard, you leave the nuke disk alone for a long period of time.

Not an entire team and their assault borgs ft the medical borg that survived
yeah, that's mulligan that will spawn an entire team and their assault borgs

so regardless of whether it was a single op or a whole team, this was still no different from the game doing it
no, they were disguised as medical ert on a round where it already was established that an admin was sending it legitimate medical ert.
last i checked ERTs can be automated from the comms console, and i'm pretty sure we gave nuke ops back their cham kits

actually yeah they'd be able to order cham kits anyways because the uplink doesn't give a fuck about assigned roles, only the active gamemode(which was Traitor)
right but there were active traitors and it was 20 minutes into the round when he spawned the ops, so still, how does mulligan apply here?

i don't care if an admin decides to end a round with ops even just 50 minutes in, i don't care if an admin does a dumb event, i care if an admin gets mad their event didnt go as planned and end the round because of it. there was absolutely no way those ops could lose. nabski set them up for victory.
asskek
In Game PermaBanned

Post by asskek » #434348

iamgoofball wrote:
asskek wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:
asskek wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:
Ayy Lemoh wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:does it really count as an event when it's already a game mechanic that exists, mulligan is still a thing
Only one lone op spawns if, according to what I heard, you leave the nuke disk alone for a long period of time.

Not an entire team and their assault borgs ft the medical borg that survived
yeah, that's mulligan that will spawn an entire team and their assault borgs

so regardless of whether it was a single op or a whole team, this was still no different from the game doing it
no, they were disguised as medical ert on a round where it already was established that an admin was sending it legitimate medical ert.
last i checked ERTs can be automated from the comms console, and i'm pretty sure we gave nuke ops back their cham kits

actually yeah they'd be able to order cham kits anyways because the uplink doesn't give a fuck about assigned roles, only the active gamemode(which was Traitor)
right but there were active traitors and it was 20 minutes into the round when he spawned the ops, so still, how does mulligan apply here?
the concept is that this admin event had nothing unique compared to what the game itself is automatically set up to do

mashing the spawn nuke ops button is not an event as it takes no preplanning or oversight, the game is able to mash that button automatically already, and the fact that he got mad because his """event""" didnt go well(hint: your events dont go well when they aren't actually events and are you just mashing spawn antag) proves he's not mature enough to be smashing the spawn nuke ops button anyways
yea i see where you're coming from, but tbh you might nto be reading the post right, the event was that he sent in a shuttle, 20 minutes in, with a resprited medical syndieborg and a medical ert guy. shuttle got robbed, he blew it up (killing two people), and then sent in nuke ops disguised as the same ERT 5 minutes later to end the round.
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #434417

There was never an ERT spawned.

There was one guy with an ERT loadout,

Then a nuke team that had their red hardsuits deleted and all got the medical ERT suits.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #434422

let's clean this thread up a bit.

Now then, unless you're quoting a rule or policy, if you are a GameMaster or Headmin, or if you are the person making the complaint I ask you to not post in this thread or you're getting put on post approval.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
asskek
In Game PermaBanned

Post by asskek » #434462

again, i don't have a problem with the admin, i don't have a problem with the event, all i see issue in is how nabski reacted when his event went off the rails. i don't want it to become this thing where whenever your 10-minutes-into-the-round event fails, you just start pressing buttons to end the round ASAP. that's stupid bro and i really don't like that behavior
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #434463

After talking to some other admins, I agree that I should have given SIGNIFICANTLY more warning/announcements that a nuke team was in-bound if I wanted to clearly tie the two things together.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #434504

asskek wrote:again, i don't have a problem with the admin, i don't have a problem with the event, all i see issue in is how nabski reacted when his event went off the rails. i don't want it to become this thing where whenever your 10-minutes-into-the-round event fails, you just start pressing buttons to end the round ASAP. that's stupid bro and i really don't like that behavior
This is not behaviour we're encouraging and it has not set a precedent for anything. If this was a pattern of behaviour we'd be concerned but it isn't and Nabski has graciously accepted advice on some improvements. I don't believe there is any evidence that this was done in anger, it was just poorly thought through IC consequences without the announcements and transparency to living players that may have made it more balanced.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
asskek
In Game PermaBanned

Post by asskek » #434505

Stickymayhem wrote:
asskek wrote:again, i don't have a problem with the admin, i don't have a problem with the event, all i see issue in is how nabski reacted when his event went off the rails. i don't want it to become this thing where whenever your 10-minutes-into-the-round event fails, you just start pressing buttons to end the round ASAP. that's stupid bro and i really don't like that behavior
This is not behaviour we're encouraging and it has not set a precedent for anything. If this was a pattern of behaviour we'd be concerned but it isn't and Nabski has graciously accepted advice on some improvements. I don't believe there is any evidence that this was done in anger, it was just poorly thought through IC consequences without the announcements and transparency to living players that may have made it more balanced.
then i'm happy hombre
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #435064

Yeah, I think Nabski should have done a better job here in terms of his actions in this event. Obviously nobody is perfect and people might do events that turn out incorrectly but understand that's a part of the process.

Events may go sour sometimes but that doesn't mean that the admin is doing anything malicious.

Complaint denied, but Nabski should probably change up the way he does his events to avoid similar problems in the future.