Byond Username: SpookyPurpleCat

[Subject217] Given round affecting brain damage

Post by PurpleWitch » #456899

Byond account and character name: SpookyPurpleCat - Len Hollow
Admin: Subject217
Time and Server(Bagil or Sybil) incident occurred: 4:55 PM to 5:46 PM - Bagil
ROUND ID HERE: 97604
Detailed summary:

Started off as a Roboticist, heard a communications agent, mocked that I'd come to lava land to kill them, joking around on communications, Science Channel. I was building a Firefighter cause, we had no materials in and I decided why not to go to lava land for mining, seeing the other Roboticist had Robotics in his hands anyway. I continue building this mech, until the conversation of the communications agent comes up- where they mock that they have spells, and what choices we'd make. "Personally, I like to just bring a bunch of wands and forgo the spell shit.", which I then replied with "I want those wands.", mocking and exaggerating on the fact I'd come to lava land to kill them, (which I wouldn't have, cause I need materials first.) Soon after, Nick says, "Lewd.", me being me, I reply with "N-not that type of wand Nick!!", and then the communications agent later replies with, "You wanna handle my shaft?", soon afterwards I get the red notification, "Your head hurts!", and I thought it was some virus or something, then I threw up, and I used a health analyzer to see that: "Cerebral traumas detected: subject appears to be suffering from a concussion." Which then I knew that admins were admin bussing, resulting in me repeating ahelping to tell them to stop, which they did not- then it was narrowed down to Subject, who threatened to ahelp silent me for telling them to remove the admin bussing they were forcing onto me, which at the time I was stuck because a clown kept lubing the floors using a grenade, making my escape impossible for about 10-15 minutes, as I'd just walk into the lube cause, concussion, or faint. After complaining about it, on ahelps, I was just told "get brain surgery", which is kind of hard to get when medical is full of new players and brainlets at this point. Either way, they imposed something on me that noticeably affected my round, not cool, and refused to reverse it, cause it was something stupid, sure, but no need to affect someone's round over it.
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Re: [Subject217] Given round affecting brain damage

Post by subject217 » #456902

Hi there. All the logs I'm posting are from here. https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/bas ... 4/game.txt

At first I gave you 30 brain damage for posting this.

[2018-11-25 07:53:03.325] SAY: SpookyPurpleCat/(Len Hollow) "S-slime all over?!" (Robotics Lab (145, 75, 2))
[2018-11-25 07:53:18.061] SAY: SpookyPurpleCat/(Len Hollow) "L-lewd!" (Robotics Lab (145, 76, 2))

Usually when I give someone brain damage for saying really dumb things I try to keep it low at first so they get the message without being screwed with too much. That's not some sort of "admin requirement" so much as how I personally feel about it. However, after that you go on to say this.

[2018-11-25 07:57:26.301] SAY: necromanceranne/(Lief Garland) "So, what's your spell choices then? Personally I like to just bring a bunch of wands and forgo the spell shit." (Syndicate Lavaland Telecommunications (122, 129, 5))
[2018-11-25 07:57:40.620] SAY: SpookyPurpleCat/(Len Hollow) "I want those wands." (Robotics Lab (145, 78, 2))
[2018-11-25 07:57:44.040] SAY: SpookyPurpleCat/(Len Hollow) "Gimme." (Robotics Lab (145, 78, 2))
[2018-11-25 07:57:45.277] SAY: DinkleNH/(Nick Johnson) "Lewd" (Xenobiology Lab (126, 97, 2))
[2018-11-25 07:57:54.197] SAY: SpookyPurpleCat/(Len Hollow) "N-not that type of wand Nick!!" (Robotics Lab (145, 78, 2))

I figured you didn't get the message, so I gave you 50 more brain damage. This gave you a random trauma, which happened to be a concussion. That was the end of any "bussing" that happened to you.

Your focus with this complaint seems to be that your round was affected by this. The trauma you were given was chosen by RNG and it's really not hard to fix. Even a major trauma which can't be fixed by mannitol only requires brain surgery, which is pretty quick if there's someone able to do it, which there was. I don't really think the reason I gave you brain damage or the amount I gave you was particularly out of line with what admins normally do.

I also think the ahelp and OOC interactions are probably relevant for this thread but it's very late so I'm gonna leave it at that and head to sleep for now.
Daxxed
Byond Username: Daxxed

Post by Daxxed » #456984

8. Erotic/creepy stuff is not allowed.
No form of erotic roleplay is allowed on the servers, including things that could be construed as sexual by unwilling participants.

I'd say you got away easy, considering if only one "unwilling participant" had ahelped.
Even if nobody ahelped, a rule was broken and the punishment given was very weak I think.

I don't mean to post in a ban appeal for no reason but this confuses me, what are the actual rules on ERP then ?
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #456986

Daxxed wrote:I don't mean to post in a ban appeal for no reason but this confuses me, what are the actual rules on ERP then ?
If you're actually doing lewd stuff you'll get banned.

If you're heavily implying it you may get banned and admins can handle it like any other rulebreak (including giving you trauma).
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
PurpleWitch
Byond Username: SpookyPurpleCat

Post by PurpleWitch » #457252

subject217 wrote:Hi there. All the logs I'm posting are from here. https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/bas ... 4/game.txt

At first I gave you 30 brain damage for posting this.

[2018-11-25 07:53:03.325] SAY: SpookyPurpleCat/(Len Hollow) "S-slime all over?!" (Robotics Lab (145, 75, 2))
[2018-11-25 07:53:18.061] SAY: SpookyPurpleCat/(Len Hollow) "L-lewd!" (Robotics Lab (145, 76, 2))

Usually when I give someone brain damage for saying really dumb things I try to keep it low at first so they get the message without being screwed with too much. That's not some sort of "admin requirement" so much as how I personally feel about it. However, after that you go on to say this.

[2018-11-25 07:57:26.301] SAY: necromanceranne/(Lief Garland) "So, what's your spell choices then? Personally I like to just bring a bunch of wands and forgo the spell shit." (Syndicate Lavaland Telecommunications (122, 129, 5))
[2018-11-25 07:57:40.620] SAY: SpookyPurpleCat/(Len Hollow) "I want those wands." (Robotics Lab (145, 78, 2))
[2018-11-25 07:57:44.040] SAY: SpookyPurpleCat/(Len Hollow) "Gimme." (Robotics Lab (145, 78, 2))
[2018-11-25 07:57:45.277] SAY: DinkleNH/(Nick Johnson) "Lewd" (Xenobiology Lab (126, 97, 2))
[2018-11-25 07:57:54.197] SAY: SpookyPurpleCat/(Len Hollow) "N-not that type of wand Nick!!" (Robotics Lab (145, 78, 2))

I figured you didn't get the message, so I gave you 50 more brain damage. This gave you a random trauma, which happened to be a concussion. That was the end of any "bussing" that happened to you.

Your focus with this complaint seems to be that your round was affected by this. The trauma you were given was chosen by RNG and it's really not hard to fix. Even a major trauma which can't be fixed by mannitol only requires brain surgery, which is pretty quick if there's someone able to do it, which there was. I don't really think the reason I gave you brain damage or the amount I gave you was particularly out of line with what admins normally do.

I also think the ahelp and OOC interactions are probably relevant for this thread but it's very late so I'm gonna leave it at that and head to sleep for now.
So Nick didn't get any consequence for starting it off? It was banter on communications, involved 3 people, which the two others were unaffected resulting in me getting brain damage'd, but not the other two? :thinking:

And yeah, abuse your administrative tools and of course you'll get called out for it, Subject, I don't understand why you're surprised about that.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #457306

We're choosing to not uphold this complaint.

It's been precedent for a fair while that saying especially stupid things, especially (though not exclusively) over general radio, can invoke the wrath of the admins acting ICly (sometimes referred to as divine punishment). We generally draw the line at outright murdering someone or gibbing someone (though even these things can be permissible if the person misbehaves enough or severely). While brain trauma is unarguably annoying its not round ending, and by all appearances you had plenty of ways to deal with the damage.

Under the usual smites, you could have been hit (without my personally considering it excessive):

- a lightning bolt
- a fireball
- a Bluespace Artillery shot
- a braindamage smite (different to what subject did, it shoots you straight to 100 brain damage)
- a supplypod smite (doing some amount of brute and burn)

Generally speaking you should take these things as a hint that whatever you're doing is not the best, and take the IC correction in stride.

We do take misuse of admin tools seriously but in this case, I see nothing actionable.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg