Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

[TheBibleMelts] - oranges/unknowns

Post by oranges » #48256

Byond account and character name:oranges/platos syrup
Admin:TheBibleMelts
Time incident occured:NA
Detailed summary:
1st round: Spawns clowns around singularity. They break the glass and an engineer trying to set up the singularity is sucked into the shield and killed. Makes Centcomm reports that "U NEED TO REMOVE CLOWN LOL", nobod does, releases singularity. 20 player round.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
2nd round: Possesses player clown, breaks almost every window on station using the possess verb. Uses summon events. Nuke goes off, doesn't explode, everyone gets back up.

Makes "demon clown" gimmick, when nobody gives a shit (17 players) online, carves the station up with a controlled meteor. Pretty much everyone dies.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I'm not personally involved in this round, but I am making this complaint as a stand in for users on the imageboard who did not want to make a complaint. Although I think they're paranoid this definitely needs at least looking into. These are pretty destructive events.

It maybe the case that users voted to have event rounds in which case it's probably fine.

Hope to hear from you soonest!
Last edited by oranges on Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Re: TheBibleMelts - Large scale station destruction events

Post by Hornygranny » #48291

If nobody who was part of the round wants to give a detailed summary of what actually happened, this is not really actionable.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Re: TheBibleMelts - Large scale station destruction events

Post by Jacough » #48293

Hornygranny wrote:If nobody who was part of the round wants to give a detailed summary of what actually happened, this is not really actionable.
Why did you edit your post from "Please follow the format" to this? Also why did you momentarily lock the thread?
Hornygranny
Horny Police

Re: [TheBibleMelts] - oranges/unknowns

Post by Hornygranny » #48294

because he made a passable attempt at following the format
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #48295

While I can appreciate that first person feedback is nice to get an accurate summary of events in the round, I question if it is truly necessary given that we have robust logging for all events in the game that admins (and only admins I might note) have access too.

If this is going to be a policy going foward please mention clearly in the rules for this subforum thanks.

edit: In which case I think it's important we also come up with a robust system that lets people who are afraid of posting on the forums the ability to express grievances as well.
Last edited by oranges on Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hornygranny
Horny Police

Post by Hornygranny » #48299

you can already speak to scaredofshadows anonymously, i'm sure he wouldn't mind helping with this sort of thing
Bob Dobbington
Byond Username: Bob Dobbington

Post by Bob Dobbington » #48301

Hi. I was Touches, the Demon Clown. Boy, is it fucking salty in here. I'll summarize the following wall of text: TBM DID NOTHING WRONG
I'll explain the order of events for the record.
Shortly after the round started, I noticed that I was moving involuntarily in random directions as I walked down corridors. It was an extremely lowpop round, and I didn't have anything else to do, so I rolled with it, and found myself barrelling down random hallways and into windows and so on. I forget who first voiced the idea that I was possessed, but once they did I of course immediately leaped into it, RPing like I was in some creepy lovecraftian Clown religion and I was the avatar of the Honkmother's vengeance. This being an extended round with nothing else to do, a lot of people got caught up in chasing the possessed clown around. I didn't actually do anything but talk for 99% of my time as dead clown, as I was being moved by admin powers and was content to just roll with where it took me. And it was fucking amazing! I ended up getting brigged by the HoP, whereupon the fucking doors disappeared and everything started rotting and rusting around us. I was yelling about how NOW YOU WILL KNOW WHY THE MIME IS SO QUIET, FOOLISH MORTAL HONK. The HoP was really into it and even gave me a shoutout over OOC at round end. I was going full spookhonk and yelling DEAD CLOWN over and over again, constant maniacal laughter, huge piles of clown corpses materializing all over the station as I shout about their hubris and their folly and their lack of a sense of humor. After a while, TBM stopped possessing me and doing a whole bunch of spooky admin nonsense, but by that point people were freaked out enough that I could swing it on RP alone.
I'll spare you reading the next couple posts and give you the Hater's Edition(TM) of this round: Admin possessed random player involuntarily, used him to cause massive damage all over the station when he was non-antag, resulting in both the brigging of the clown (who had not voluntarily done anything to deserve it) as well as widespread damage throughout the station. As a result, the minigame progression of several players was irreparably disrupted, leading to the flooding of OOC with hot, salty tears. Deadmin he poste haste.
Except that's totally fucking wrong. TBM saw what was shaping up to be a really boring round and ran one of the most creative, spooky, and fun events I've ever participated. Yeah, it was unnecessarily destructive and over the top, and that is completely in keeping with the spirit of this fucking game. Thanks to TBM, me, the HoP, and several other players got to participate in a top-5 all-time event that wasn't just OH HEY GUYS A WILD SHUTTLE FULLA TRADE GOODS APPEARS. It was risky in the sense that the damage to the station did disrupt a lot of normal station activity, but there needs to stop being this idea that disruption of normal station activity is grief (on the admin or player side), since it's literally the point of the fucking game. TBM could have been lazy and just not given a fuck about a boring extended round. Instead he was creative, he took a risk, and I think he succeeded in making a much more fun round than it would have been had he left it as extended. We should reward people for trying to do stuff like this, not shit all over them because ONO HOW WILL I EVER GET MATERIALS 42 FOR THE EIGHTH STRAIGHT ROUND.
Game Admin for /tg/station. I usually play Daisy Holmes, the botanist.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #48303

Thanks for that feedback, I would note however that it would make sense for you, as one of the people directly involved in the event, to enjoy it more than others.
Bob Dobbington
Byond Username: Bob Dobbington

Post by Bob Dobbington » #48321

I guess I don't see how that's much different than, say, nuke ops enjoying the nuke ops round more than the people who didn't roll nuke ops. Like, yeah, I get in any admin event there are gonna be winners and losers, because that's true of any round, event or not. It's built into the design of the game. There seems to be this presupposition that if you want to just be quietly left alone to complete your minigame progression that you somehow have a right to that, which goes completely against the spirit of the game. The same conflict that creates those winners and losers also defines the plot and character of the round itself, as they play out over the course of it. You can't just opt out what's going around you, and an admin running an event should have the power to change what's going on around you.
Game Admin for /tg/station. I usually play Daisy Holmes, the botanist.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #48330

Was one of these rounds the one where there were all the admin summoned meteors?

Because I was spectating that round, and it utterly ass fucked the entire station, basically because it was extended and no one was calling the shuttle.
One meteor carved a path from escape to the captains office, where it exploded the entire office/upload. Because that didn't destroy the other comm console, another meteor was summoned to blow that up, thereby forcing the 25min auto call thing. As well as that one meteor making the entire east corridor uninhabitable, there were atleast another dozen+ of these trail blazing meteors (for lack of a better name), thaat fucked up various areas of the station.

From what I saw/heard, I was under the impression that it was done basically because 'extended', but I wasn't spectating from the start, so can't say for certain.
If this was a different round, please correct me.

Edit: Also this was the round where xenos got spawned atleast twice in like 5 minutes, which I assume was admin caused. I think some other stuff may have happened, can't remember precisely.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #48346

lumipharon wrote:One meteor carved a path from escape to the captains office, where it exploded the entire office/upload. Because that didn't destroy the other comm console, another meteor was summoned to blow that up, thereby forcing the 25min auto call thing.
That one was me, actually. I was getting ahelps and prays from multiple people that "HOLY SHIT ONE HIT THE BRIDGE APC AND THE AI IS BRAINDEAD SO WE CAN'T CALL IT" so I just blew up the bridge console and set the timer to 10 minutes. These new meteors are fucking nasty holy shit, theres at least 3 types i've witnessed that carve out parts of the station until they impact high "density" objects.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #48625

i was AI of at least the first round. i honestly could not tell you why the singularity released. i watched it for some time, the PA was off and it went from stage 3 ---> 5 where it broke containment and went amok. at no point did anything fall into it, save for about 10 grilles from walls it was tugging on. the engineer was rescued by a jani?borg of mine fairly early, and afaik sec killed all the clowns pretty quick anyway; i don't have any memory of the next few rounds, so that might mean i wasn't there. but i remember the first one at least pretty vividly.

i didn't mind it personally, it was a little dull because the pop was low but other than that the clowns didn't bother me.

i do think someone needs to look into how the singulo grows though. the fact that it went from stage 3 ---> 5 with no PA and eating almost nothing is pretty bizarre. i'm almost tempted to say it was the clowns repeatedly bouncing off containment that did it, even though that makes no sense whatsoever.