GreenTea98
Byond Username: GreenTea98

[Virtual John] - Poor judgement/Improper punishment

Post by GreenTea98 » #477578

Byond account and character name: GreenTea98 / Helps-The-Station
Admin: Virtual John
Time and Server incident occurred: 2019-20-02 Sybil
ROUND ID HERE: 102148
Detailed summary: So, the round starts and I'm the Curator, the map is Pubby so I'm in the garden having a nice time, then the Chaplain wants me to join his gang of robed fellas. I deny because I'm having fun in the garden, then he tries to kill me with his sword. I disarm and run, like they say you're supposed to, and space his weapon. A borg flashes me, then him and his friend kill me. They undress me and loot me for all my stuff, including the whip, obviously. I adminhelp, and after I get dragged to cloning, he responds asking what happened. The round continues and I get to endure a rad-storm because the person cloning me thought removing all my limbs was a good idea to fix my clone traumas, but that's besides the point. So, after all of this, the guy who did all this only gets a warning, while I've been banned before for killing someone who was SSD the entire shift near round end.
I think that the way Virtual John handled this wasn't right, and that either he should have gone harder on the guy, or whoever banned me for 12 hours wasn't in the right when they did it.
https://prnt.sc/mnxjcz
https://prnt.sc/mnxjf6
https://prnt.sc/mnxjil
https://prnt.sc/mnxjk5
This is how the entire thing went down, notice how I didn't harm intent once.
Virtual John
Byond Username: Virtual John

Re: [Virtual John] - Poor judgement/Improper punishment

Post by Virtual John » #477584

Hello again! As I told you during our ahelps, factors go into what punishment is suitable for each offence. The severity of the incident, the number of times they've done it in the past, their hours logged, for starters. The person has been noted that is fact, but before this incident, they had no note history of violence or the like. Thus, I felt it was appropriate to note them for it and warm them rather than just outright ban them. If they do this again then yeah, they'll get a ban for it. That's all I feel there is to that.

As for your second issue, you were indeed in the wrong for killing an SSD player. See, SSD players can come back if they log on. Cataonic players are the ones you wanna go for, since there is NO change they can ever come back, as they have ghosts. SSD simply means their browser has shut down, and they can resume playing if they reopen the game. Cataonic players cannot come back. Do you have that down now?

In all, if he repeats himself in this behavior, yes. I will go harder since he didn't learn the first time. I do not think it right however to simply jump straight to ban for this occasion. As I said before, you did do well in this situation, not using harm intent even once, even when you used your whip, which is not shown in the pictures.
GreenTea98

Post by GreenTea98 » #477614

The issue isn't that I was banned, it's that in contrast, he should have been banned too.
My round was ruined because by the time you had replied to the ticket, I was already cloned and on the operating table because the surgeon at hand thought replacing the limbs from my old body was a good idea, then 20 minutes later because the surgeon was bad at his job, I was caught in a radstorm, and after another while I finally got ahealed, but it was too little too late.
While in the previous case, it was just some guy who went SSD for the entire round and would have never come back, it wasn't a 30 second "Oh no I closed Byond on accident" case, it was a "This guy's gone and he's already been looted" case, whereas mine took place at round start and lasted until about round end.
Virtual John
Byond Username: Virtual John

Post by Virtual John » #477629

Killing an SSD person is nowhere near the same as getting killed in a conflict. The two are in completely different ballparks so stop trying to compare the two. He was SSD and not catatonic. Therefore, killing him was against the rules. That's as simple as I can get with this.

Secondly, I will definitely admit that you were wrong and inconvenienced. Ruined is a bit of a strong word in the system however. Were you spaced or otherwise prevented from coming back into the round I would definitely agree. The surgeon sounds incompetent and should be looked into, seeing how he left you on the table during the rad Storm. Following all of this, I decided the best course was to revive you. After the revive, I would have to check the logs but you had a great deal of time in the rounds afterwards.

Lastly, I want to say that I am not going to undo the note and ban him. If he repeats this action, then of course I would.
GreenTea98

Post by GreenTea98 » #478003

Eh, looking back on it with introspection, I guess I was just kinda angry that it happened in the first place (and because it took so long because of the surgeon, heck him), and wanted to do something about it, so, Long story short I kinda made my problems your problem, sorry about that, yeah, Disregard this whole thing.
Spoiler:
Also that guy's totally right, the borg just pretty much watched and didn't help at all like, what the beans guy, c'mon
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #479178

The complainant seems content with the complaint being withdrawn, so closing this up.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg