[Elyina] Angelstarri - Unjustified aspawned ERT on nukies

angelstarri
Byond Username: Angelstarri

[Elyina] Angelstarri - Unjustified aspawned ERT on nukies

Post by angelstarri » #478600

Byond account and character name: Angelstarri, Ryleigh Catgirls Are Human (retarded last name I know)

Admin: Elyina

Time and Server(Bagil or Sybil) incident occurred: Bagil, 2019-02-24 05:18:44 to 06:00:04

ROUND ID HERE: 102462

Detailed summary: We were on a standard nuclear operative round on Bagil. I was part of the nuke ops team and I began doing some light recon over the cameras to see if I could spot the disk. I saw that the station was on fire because of a plasma flood and thought "Well that's weird" and moved on, assuming that someone had opened a plasma canister in a hallway and got beaned for it or something. It was only my surprise to find out after we boarded the station that there was an ERT onboard. Both sides, both loyalists and nukies were confused by this, as Centcomm never announced that they were sending an ERT team to the station, something that got the crew hostile to them when they thought the ERT were the enemy.

I realized they were hostile when one of them started shooting at me, which I returned fire to, only to die when his weapons and armor proved superior to mine. I adminhelped and asked for the reason why the ERT was there in the first place and Elyina replied "the crew got griefed by a non-antag that flooded a plasma fire and ruined everything so I wanted to give them a fighting chance". This seemed like complete bullshit to me and my op friends who had to deal with an element that wasn't supposed to be there because someone that wasn't related to us did something to the station. This has happened on several occassions before and I can't remember any cases in which an ERT was sent to literally stack the odds on the station's favor for something the nukies had no part in doing. It didn't help that Elyina tried to pass it off because we were all "salty that we died" on dchat. There were really better ways to handle the whole deal than to send an armed response team to the station to "give the station a fighting chance".
elyina
Byond Username: Elyina

Re: [Elyina] Angelstarri - Unjustified aspawned ERT on nukies

Post by elyina » #478614

A griefer started a plasma fire that fucked up the station massively and killed many people before you guys even arrived. I spawned a code blue ERT without ERT armory access to at least somewhat balance it back in the crews favor, which consisted of an entire 4 people. At least one of the ERT members ended up getting killed by the crew themselves. Also his weapons and armor were not "superior" to yours. He was literally shooting at you with a standard egun.
The ERTs actual impact on the round was very small and you would have lost regardless because of the big brained captain and his based doorgang. I'm sorry you guys lost, I know it feels shitty to lose as nuke op. This complaint just seems rather reactionary in nature.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #478846

Technically the ERT commander's egun is a little special since it shoots lower energy requirement tasers as well, but I wouldn't call that much of an advantage.

However for the rest it's the same.
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... its/ert.dm
Here's the outfit code.

Personally I think what elyina did was more than acceptable but that aside here's the facts on the weapons. It's eguns and a special egun for the commander which has tasers.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #478898

Antag rounds are not sacred and are free to be influenced by the evil dungeon masters.

See https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3855
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Post by imsxz » #478933

i was on the nukie team, ERT wasnt that bad IMO. Would have been a stomp otherwise judging by how it went WITH the ERT, round was enjoyable to play in and came down to the wire where we secured a minor victory by spacing the disk off the shuttle.

tl;dr bad complaint
mike88511
Byond Username: Mike88511

Post by mike88511 » #479087

I was also a nukie during this round and took out an ERT during boarding but another ERT caused me to die. I get why an ERT was called but don't think it was justified given the circumstances (nuke round).
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #479130

I was the AI that round. Half the station was completely fucked by the griefer and the ERT still didn't really change much. Elyina was just trying to turn it into an actual round and not the ops just picking up the disk of a charred captain.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #479176

We're choosing to not uphold this complaint. Admins are expected and indeed encouraged to fiddle with the round to some extent.

I would say this goes double in the case of trying to right the actions of a rule breaker that unfairly penalized the crew. This was a good way to return a limited number of people to the station and give the nuclear ops something to chew on.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg