[FatalX1] Letting security abuse me the whole round over me trying to do an admin event.

Isy232
Byond Username: Isy232

[FatalX1] Letting security abuse me the whole round over me trying to do an admin event.

Post by Isy232 » #500645

What happened:

During this round I was the research director. At the start of the shift centcom sent a message about a bomb being on our station and if we defused it and sent it to them we would get $30k After a bit of running and such that is not important I got the bomb and dragged it to security. I then removed the payload and brought the bomb to the cargo lobby, trying to get cargo to take it and sell it on the cargo shuttle. How else would centcom get the bomb?

Then in the cargo lobby 2 security showed up and started dragging the bomb away back to security, I told them to stop so we could talk they did not. I used my telescopic baton to stun them the other sec pulled out their stun baton so I stunned them and took their stun baton, the first officer took out their stun baton and came after me so I stunned them and took their baton. I then ran off with the bomb trying to get it to the bridge since security did not seem to want to give the bomb to centcom.
This was a bit of an overreaction, but I never did any actual damage to them

A cyborg stopped me and ziptied me on my way to the bridge and then ran off with the bomb.
I got help to get out of the zipties and returned to science.

Then a security officer arrested me, dragged me to the brig and searched me, putting all of my stuff into my backpack and then I was gulagged for 500 points.
You think this would be enough, I got a 500 point gulag for assaulting 2 security officers who were doing something stupid.
After my gulag the warden brings me my backpack with my thing in it, minus my ID.

I spent a lot of time searching for my ID and talked to the security officer who searched me, who said that they did put my ID back into my backpack. I went around the station a bit more and then encountered a security officer wearing the reactive teleport armor.

Me being the RD, I knew that they must have taken my ID because they had the teleport armor and there were no anomalies this shift. I asked them about it to which they deflected the questioning to why I had a captains ID. The HoP left his ID in the console so I made myself a captains ID and forgot I was wearing it. The HoP was not manning the line at the time. (Keep in mind I only needed to get this ID because my original was stolen, it was dumb to make it captain but at the time I made it I was looking for the guy who searched me who could have been anywhere). The security officer with my teleport armor then arrested me for said captains ID and took my insulated gloves while doing so, then wearing and keeping them and giving me a 7 minute brig sentence for the ID.

Later on in the round I went back to the HoP's office and found my all access ID in the console set as unassigned. The security officer gave themselves all access using my card.
I can confirm this because they opened the shuttle bridge with their ID.

I ahelped the officer that stole my ID and such, but after a long discussion FatalX1 simply said that I was valid for the previous bomb incidents.

I am making this complaint because this one security officer treated me like complete shit and ruined my round and then FatalX1 ruled that I was valid for it all over a small incident that happened near the beginning of my round. I spent about 30 minutes just trying to get my stuff back so I could play the round and I just got more abuse.
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Re: [FatalX1] Letting security abuse me the whole round over me trying to do an admin event.

Post by Fatal » #500647

Right, Il explain what happened

There was a bomb I put on the station to try a gimmick out, with a 10 minute timer, I armed it before the round started, and announced some stuff about how the syndicate left it there and you would get paid if it was disarmed and delivered to centcomm

By some random fluke an engineering cyborg disarmed it about 30 seconds after round start, so, I made another announcement about how the cargo shuttles won't accept explosives (this is a thing) and you would need to contact centcomm about retrieval

I didn't see the whole picture, but, what I did see, was you running from security with a bomb, and after two officers tried to get it off you, disarming them and taking their weapons with your telebaton

Regardless of your intent, or previous discussions, as RD, you stole a syndicate bomb from security, which, as previously announced by me, was totally live and dangerous

As far as I am concerned, that made you 100% valid, security doesn't always have all the information to hand, and I cannot blame any security for not knowing your intentions, whether you tried to convey them or not, you dragged a bomb away from security, and I said I wouldn't help you retrieve your lost items as a result

EDIT: Round is 111452 (I think)
Isy232

Re: [FatalX1] Letting security abuse me the whole round over me trying to do an admin event.

Post by Isy232 » #500651

Fatal wrote: I made another announcement about how the cargo shuttles won't accept explosives (this is a thing) and you would need to contact centcomm about retrieval
You said that centcom will not accept live bombs, I do not believe you ever directly stated "you cannot send us the bomb through cargo".
Fatal wrote: Regardless of your intent, or previous discussions, as RD, you stole a syndicate bomb from security, which, as previously announced by me, was totally live and dangerous
Armed bombs make a beeping and have a red light flashing.
This bomb had the cover and payload removed which was obvious if you looked at the sprite, I even removed the payload from the bomb in security.
The bomb was obviously not live and dangerous at the time.
I asked the 2 security officers taking the bomb away from cargo to stop so i could explain, but they just ignored me.
Fatal wrote: As far as I am concerned, that made you 100% valid, security doesn't always have all the information to hand, and I cannot blame any security for not knowing your intentions, whether you tried to convey them or not, you dragged a bomb away from security, and I said I wouldn't help you retrieve your lost items as a result
I never harmed anyone and after I was arrested I was trying to tell them that yes, the bomb was defused. I think they knew that and were gulagging me for the stunning and theft from the 2 security officers. A fair punishment.
Also just calling them lost items removes the seriousness. They took my crucial items that I needed to do my job as a head of staff, including the teleport armor which is grand theft.
Isy232

Post by Isy232 » #500666

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Security who arrest people for having all-access then give themself all-access should be immediately permabanned with no warning or exceptions.
In ahelp I opened with FatalX1 I did not mention this because the ticket was closed before I had a chance to mention it.

The only proof I have of this is seeing an unassigned ID in the HoP's console and seeing them then open the door the the shuttle bridge.
This makes me 90% sure they did but log proof should be found if anyone can get it. The security officers name was Athaleon Yates (not sure of spelling), mentioning to make finding the logs easier, not trying to turn this into a player report.
Last edited by Isy232 on Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Post by Fatal » #500668

Isy232 wrote:
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Security who arrest people for having all-access then give themself all-access should be immediately permabanned with no warning or exceptions.

edit: Also, security dont have "just doin mah job" protection when "returning"(stealing) items irrelevant to a crime, do they?
In ahelp I opened with FatalX1 I did not mention this because the ticket was closed before I had a chance to mention it.
I was talking to you for a long time (after checking the logs, I was discussing this for over 20 minutes with you), and kept going over the same points, hence I closed the ticket because you didn't seem to get why I wasn't going to help you retrieve your items

I did agree that security were awful, and didn't listen, but, it's event hall, half the players don't read the chat window, if you want good security, events isn't the place to get it
Last edited by Fatal on Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isy232

Post by Isy232 » #500678

Fatal wrote: I was talking to you for a long time, and kept going over the same points, hence I closed the ticket because you didn't seem to get why I wasn't going to help you retrieve your items
Yeah, I did do that at the time because I didn't have any more points and I personally believed that the points I said justified the security player being forced to give my items back.
I am trying to say that I did not tell you everything the security player did so it would not be fair to judge you on that point.
Fatal wrote: I did agree that security were awful, and didn't listen, but, it's event hall, half the players don't read the chat window, if you want good security, events isn't the place to get it
I play events hall because I like the highpop and command positions are often easy to get.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #505598

This is a standard case IC issue. You went out of your way to do some silly things regarding a bomb brought to the station. Regardless of your position as a head of staff or not, security is within their interest to stop you from running around with a potentially deadly weapon. In response to this, you resisted arrest with your telebaton and made it clear that standard arrest tactics weren't going to cut it.

This complaint is denied. Fatal did nothing wrong as an administrator and handled this situation using the best judgment he could.