Chaznoodles - Atlanta-ned Misconduct

Chaznoodles
Byond Username: Chaznoodles

Chaznoodles - Atlanta-ned Misconduct

Post by Chaznoodles » #502454

When and where this incident occured (Game Server, forums, Discord): Event Hall, ~23:00 GMT.
Byond account and character name OR Discord name: Chaznoodles/Tam Sturgeon, Chaznoodles#3446
Admin:Atlanta-ned
ROUND ID HERE IF APPLICABLE: 112593.
Detailed summary:

Was following the Captain about near-roundstart asking for the disk so I could bop out in style. Follow him into the Brig and loiter outside the Warden's office for him.A security officer grabs me repeatedly, then starts harmbatoning me. He does this on 3-4 seperate occasions repeatedly with no real response from me, before I get up, wallshove him, take his baton and beat him to critical. Shortly after, Atlanta-ned PMs me and starts talking about implied rules about ahelping security, instead of following the clearly-written escalation rules regarding using force relevant to the other bloke. He accuses me of chasing valids. Eventually, he insults me and closes the PM.

Not exactly good conduct in the first place, jumping on someone for following written rules rather than 'implied' ones which aren't documented then closing with insults that are meant in an attacking way.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: Chaznoodles - Atlanta-ned Misconduct

Post by Arianya » #502457

Ongoing round. Please do not post admin complaints or appeals about ongoing rounds. Locking until round is complete.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #502471

The events on which this admin complaint are based occurred in round 112593 on Event Hall, at approximately 2019-07-07 21:00-23:00 UTC. The plaintiff was playing as Tam Sturgeon, the assistant. (src, statbus, scrubby)
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #502639

Adminbus discussion led to the general agreement that sec who forfeit their OOC protection are subject to normal escalation rules and there is no implication that they should be ahelped instead. This is likely to change in the future however, with an explicit rules clarification.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #503947

A policy regarding what happened is being worked on, I presume. In the meantime,

It's against the rules to be a dick. You were being a dick. It does not violate our policy to tell people that they're being a dick.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #505611

Atlanta-Ned might have been a bit crass in his dealings with you, but there's nothing even actionable here. He told you to cool it, that's it.

Our admins are volunteers, and while we do ask them to behave themselves when possible. Our rule 1 on this server is "don't be a dick" and Ned was asking you not to be a dick. There is no instance of administrative abuse here, only an administrator warning you that you were beginning to approach the line of breaking that rule. If anything, he was being polite by giving you a heads up before you did something truly stupid.

This is denied.