[TheMidnightRose] I got left in the dark and have no idea what was happening

NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

[TheMidnightRose] I got left in the dark and have no idea what was happening

Post by NecromancerAnne » #520806

When and where this incident occured (Game Server, forums, Discord): 25/10/2019 server time
Byond account and character name OR Discord name: NecromancerAnne; Pale Stranger
Admin: TheMidnightRose
Round ID: 122185
Detailed summary

It's deeply ironic that while I myself have an admin complaint, I'm putting one up for my fellow admin. And I don't wanna fucking do this but I also don't want to settle this behind closed doors because frankly that doesn't entirely seem fair on the players or me to be leveraging my position as an admin to make backroom complaints, because how the fuck can I be certain this is done properly? So it's just going to stay as an official complaint on the forums in a public standard since I was a player acting as one when I ended up the victim in all of this.

To keep the leadup short, I was antag in the given round and a traitor. I subverted the AI, who was my objective to capture and steal. I had it one-human'd and I had to just...hope that it was asimov when I did that because I plasma flooded science as I went through it and left with the AI board I had, and security was pursuing me. I get to the sat and alert it via the best way that I can as a mime (I snipped it's camera over and over). It's hard trying to communicate when the AI cannot see gesticulation and my PDA only does emoji's now. I get bolted in the foyer, but the AI is convincing me it's to keep me safe. Because I'm fully prepared to get yeeted on my own blunder to just see how I can get out, I walk into it's core when it finally lets me in. It does open all the way to the core. but then I get met with a hail of laser fire when I step into the inner sanctum and get put into deep crit.

I'm wondering what might have happened and whether I got outwitted and I'm just lying in crit. I can't deathgasp as a mime so I have to wait it out. I do wonder why the laser fire stopped but I figured it likely might have wanted to keep me alive or something. I wasn't going to ahelp it until I died and saw the laws. Then I start recovering health magically out of nowhere. I watch the AI's borg come in, start beating me with a welder, then stop and then drag me off. I'm completely baffled as to what is happening and I don't get any better from beyond the small healing I received. I ahelp why I was magically healing out of nowhere. I'm told the AI made an honest mistake just as the borg drags me into the burning medical wing...into the hands of security. Who kill me. Because I get thrown into a cryo tube while on fire right in front of them. They had no medical borg so the AI and the borg couldn't have fixed me either way, but goddamn.

Obviously, I'm angry. I'm asking what exactly is happening, why did they admin inject healing chems only to just have me then get harmed again by security? Why was this all happening? I'm asking all these questions and I'm getting no responses beyond a copy paste of what the AI was saying up to that, and then my ticket gets closed. I don't even get a final statement on the matter from them, I asked if this is getting ic issued, but nothing. I just get my ticket closed.

My Thoughts

So lemme preface all this summary here. I can get that they made a mistake. I don't know about that AI's history, but I'm not checking. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm a little less impressed by the borg but whatever, mistakes happen, it tried to correct it in the limited way it could (it wasn't going to fix anything but the attempt was there despite it making things worse). But to then be left...completely without any resolution to all this mess...and then being shown a really half-arsed attempt at fixing the issue leaves such a bad taste in my mouth. I try to at least explain to people, in my own administrative dealings, the scenario that happened, what lead up to it, and if I'm pressing buttons I usually do a bit more than what probably was..omnizine? I'll look in the logs a bit later because honestly I'm a little tired but given it healed me at a snails pace it was likely omnizine.

What kind of trust can I have in my fellow admins if when things like this pop up, they won't act in any way to resolve them? What signal does this send to people who might be on the receiving end of this? Where does the line get drawn from honest mistake to a catastrophic mistake that breaks the rules in a serious way?

If you act to fix it with your tools, why not fix it completely? The adminheal button is RIGHT THERE. (Or use stronger chems, have you heard of this thing called atropine? Or the dedicated super chem we also get?) If you're going to let it resolve naturally, what precedent are you setting here? You're supposed to represent the players and mediate a problem. Don't wash your hands of this and at the very least TELL ME WHAT IS HAPPENING. Don't start acting without telling me what is going on. At least explain the steps you're taking to fix things and contact me to let me know 'hey the AI fucked up I'm fixing it'. Or something. Likely the AI contacted you first and that's the only way you'd have known. Especially when things are getting so out of hand like they did that it is getting to the point of honest mistake to a bigger one.

What I want in a resolution
I just want an apology and an acknowledgement of how this was poorly handled. I don't wanna see anyone get punished but I would like this to be resolved in a proper way in the future. I'll give these silicons the benefit of the doubt. But I never want to see you just up and abandon players like this ever again. This is incredibly bad form. I could share more about incidents I've seen from you in the past, but I will only do so when prompted by a headmin since I likely need permission for that.

Please. Resolve any administrative matters in a meaningful way and make sure they are resolved properly if you choose to take the ticket. If you act to fix something, make sure it is fixed in an acceptable manner where everyone is satisfied. If you make a decision, at the very least SAY WHAT THAT DECISION IS.

Final Statement:
Yikes.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Re: [TheMidnightRose] I got left in the dark and have no idea what was happening

Post by NecromancerAnne » #520887

You know what, I'm gonna withdraw the complaint. I'll be honest this is pissing in the wind and I don't know if I really give enough of a fuck either way. Suffice to say, whatever I could say here I could say to their face. I'm still fucking livid it happened but why fucking bother with this shit, sitting here for at least a week and not really worth acknowledging from headministration. It just throws more shit onto their plate and I'd rather not waste their time.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: [TheMidnightRose] I got left in the dark and have no idea what was happening

Post by bobbahbrown » #520904

NecromancerAnne wrote:and if I'm pressing buttons I usually do a bit more than what probably was..omnizine? I'll look in the logs a bit later because honestly I'm a little tired but given it healed me at a snails pace it was likely omnizine.
-snip-
If you act to fix it with your tools, why not fix it completely? The adminheal button is RIGHT THERE. (Or use stronger chems, have you heard of this thing called atropine? Or the dedicated super chem we also get?)
Unless I'm missing something, looking at the logs shows that you were given negative burn damage. The healing was instantaneous.

Admittedly this would not heal you entirely, I believe you were at -20~ HP by the time of this heal, from attack logs.

Logs from (src, statbus, scrubby)
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #520921

As the complainant has withdrawn their complaint, I'll close this for now and leave it a day or two in case anything changes.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg