[Stickymayhem] tarchonvaagh - events events events

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #568958

When and where this incident occured (Game Server, forums, Discord): Terry
Byond account and character name OR Discord name: Tarchonvaagh, Mathias Hawker
Admin:Stickymayhem
ROUND ID HERE IF APPLICABLE:141622
Detailed summary:
My chat logs (html)

Round starts, shortly after rolling traitor I gain access to the syndicate channel, and it turns out that i've become part of an event! Great - I think, and enter maintenance for a pair of black gloves only to run into the "syndicate coordinator", then I buy a chameleon kit and agent ID because my cover's been blown (details can be found in the logs).

I open the airlock and face the fact that the curator has heard the coordinator and is (probably) about to rat us out , so when he shoves the syndie I open fire with a makarov I just bought and manage to only hit the curator, but moments later i hear a microbomb implant and start running. The explosion doesn't reach me but I blow up as well.

Obviously I ahelp and ask for an explanation and an antag token and sticky tells me that we blew up because I shot the coordinator. I tell him that I didn't. Then I'm told that apparently I shouldn't have defended the syndie (one of the "rules" were that if there's combat in the event area everyone involved blows up).

Firstly, I don't think that sticky should have implanted the radios with no flavor text.
Secondly losing an antag round to a flawed event like this and not receiving an antag token is unjust.

TL;DR traitor lost to bad event
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: [Stickymayhem] tarchonvaagh - events events events

Post by Stickymayhem » #568963

Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #568969

i hate repeating myself but what was I supposed to do? that part of maint wasn't even that secluded and you even had to cover up the window facing space, we were destined to be discovered
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #568971

Tarchonvaagh wrote:what was I supposed to do?
Walk away? Not wordlessly open fire?
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #569019

Edit 2: I will leave this post unchanged, but I would ask that the reader also read my following post regarding these events prior to forming an opinion about the situation. Upon further reflection of logs, and speaking to Sticky, I feel some assumptions that could be made from the information in this post are shown to be incorrect in my following post.
stickymayhem wrote:There will be no in-fighting in the area or we'll activate your explosive implants
What part of no fighting in the controller area did you not get?
You shot the hell out of the controller too
If it wasn't intentional, then you goofed
I find it very relevant to state here that sticky died with no damage to his body, and in the attack log you can clearly see he was never shot. The adminhelp log contains several blatant lies.

Sticky was shoved once by the curator, who was shot by Tarchonvaagh. Tarchonvaagh's shots never hit anyone except for Whitaker Swarner, the curator.

All of the information below is from attack.txt and game.txt, published here on the tgstation website's parsed-logs section.

I've included a photo below showing that Tarchonvaagh's shots never hit anyone aside from the curator, in the less than 15 seconds this attack took. The highlights are my emphasis.
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

[2020-07-10 17:11:03.453] ATTACK: REALB/(Whitaker Swarner) has shoved Stickymayhem/(Syndicate Controller) with knocking them down (NEWHP: 100)  (Port Maintenance (75,103,2))
<the brief shooting of the curator occurs here>
[2020-07-10 17:11:15.608] ADMIN: Stickymayhem/(Syndicate Controller) admin ghosted.
[2020-07-10 17:11:16.018] ATTACK: @Stickymayhem[DC]/(Syndicate Controller) has died (BRUTE: 0, BURN: 0, TOX: 0, OXY: 0, CLONE: 0) (Port Maintenance (75,102,2))
Not only this, but you then elected to gib his body brain after the fact, which I think is worth stating.

[2020-07-10 17:11:31.539] ADMIN: Stickymayhem/(Syndicate Controller) punished *no key*/(Mathias Hawker) with Gib.
The player, from the logs I can find, followed your rules to a tee. He was then told he had broken these rules, which he seemingly hadn't, and was then insulted when he questioned this.

Edit: I should like to point out the original rules provided to the players explicitly said no in-fighting, which I think is fair to say it would be interpreted as "don't shoot the other syndicate agents". This is later stated to have been "...no fighting..." in the adminhelps between Sticky and Tarchonvaagh. I have provided a definition of infighting from the Merriam-Webster dictionary below to help provide relevant information to this.

Last edited by bobbahbrown on Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #569062

Oh that's very kind of you, thanks
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #569080

Does no one realize these are IC consequences for IC actions? Is it the case now that we have to structure all IC communications related to events in legalese so as to avoid misinterpretation? This is an insane precedent to set and treating this issue like a ban makes no sense. They fucked up ICly, got killed ICly, end of story. I have a lot of shit to do this weekend so this is my one post. The headmins can intervene afterwards. To state, I have absolutely no problem with this lad getting his antag token, he didn't do anything OOCly wrong and I'd hand them out like candy. I just didn't think it was worth rewarding wordless violence instead of interacting with an event.
There will be no in-fighting in the area or we'll activate your explosive implants
What part of no fighting in the controller area did you not get?
Thanks for the dictionary definition, I mentioned why this argument is dumb above, but even so. He ran in, pistol out, and almost immediately started firing. It absolutely looked to me like he just randomly ran in and opened fire while I was speaking to the curator. ICly, how would anyone interpret a guy emptying a clip all over the room. The only reason I wasn't shot (which I agreed to after he corrected me) was BECAUSE I was knocked down by the curator. Again, there were zero out of game consequences for his actions, I explicitly said he had every right to murder everyone in that room if he wanted, but there are IC consequences.

In any case, he didn't even read the damn message so this is three layers of pointless argument. He's complaining that theoretically, even if the message had been perfectly clear, he would have mis-interpreted it. But he didn't, he didn't even fucking read it. We're fucking third layer nonsense at this point.
If it wasn't intentional, then you goofed
You included this quote for some reason, so I'll explain it just in case. "If you didn't intend to destroy the syndicate trading post/kill the controller, then you made a mistake because that was the result". Please don't force us all to start talking in faux lawyer speak just to avoid you pulling up logs and reading into shit.

The logs show the dude emptying 13 rounds into the room in 5 seconds. He silently approached with the disguised name John Doe, and opened fire. How does that not look like an intentional attack?
Not only this, but you then elected to gib his body brain after the fact, which I think is worth stating.
There will be no in-fighting in the area or we'll activate your explosive implants
Yes, in the quote you posted just earlier, this is explained. What point is being made here? I hit smite instead of using an explosion and causing more damage to maintenance. I'll be certain to specifically drop a small bomb next time? Is that the preference? I'm not getting this.
The player, from the logs I can find, followed your rules to a tee. He was then told he had broken these rules, which he seemingly hadn't, and was then insulted when he questioned this.
He was insulted because he didn't even read the damn rules, shot up the syndicate trade post and then complained when he was given IC consequences for IC actions. If there's one criticism I'll gladly accept, maybe I was too rough on him. But at the time it was nonsensical, and digging into every word of IC logs to determine the legal precedent for an event like this is exactly why complaining about events is explicitly not allowed in this forum.

Tl;Dr
IC consequence for a dumb IC action
This kind of complaint is specifically disallowed for exactly the reasons I described above (It's dumb to complain about ic conseqnuences for IC actions)
The guy is complaining about the minutia of stuff HE DIDN'T EVEN READ. Bobbah then complains about even finer details of stuff THE DUDE DIDN'T READ. WE ARE ARGUING ABOUT A PARALLEL HYPOTHETICAL UNIVERSE WHERE HE COULD HAVE MADE A MISTAKE BASED ON WORDS HE DID NOT READ IN OUR CURRENT SHARED UNIVERSE.
The logs are logically consistent if you don't take them out of context, the "Lies" in the adminhelp are statements made before a totally valid correction from Tarchon.
I'll be less mean if I have to but it was pretty fucking funny at the time that the dude didn't read shit and then demanded a token what am I gonna do not laugh
I would like to avoid this becoming a precedent where all events have to be sterilised to avoid IC misinterpretation. Event characters should not be held to the same standards. What if I wanted the controller to be a centcom double agent who killed anyone who came to him. Because I lied that means they should get a token? Yes that'd be a shit event but it shows why we shouldnt be legalesing event characters because that eliminates a key element of the game, lack of information.

Tl;DR;TL;DR
read the TL'DR
I have a lot of shit to do this weekend so this is my one post headmins can rule or hit me up on discord to discuss further I'm cool to chat just away from home for a couple days.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #569085

did you just roll out of your own appeal after taking a gut shot lmao
Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #569086

Do you still not get it?
silently firing
Yes, was I supposed to announce my intentions to an entity that could possibly jeopardize the whole "operation"?
approached with the name john doe
I literally changed my identity in front of you
didn't even read the rules
That doesn't excuse you

Also, why the hell did you activate your implant? The dude was critted mere moments after shoving you, but you still did so anyways
Last edited by Tarchonvaagh on Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #569087

oranges wrote:did you just roll out of your own appeal after taking a gut shot lmao
he didn't tho, logs confirm that he took no damage

E: I can't read ARGH
Last edited by Tarchonvaagh on Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #569096

that's not what I was talking about, but this will all get peanuted and I"ll get a 30 day ban anyway
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #569097

oranges wrote:did you just roll out of your own appeal after taking a gut shot lmao
Better than just silently ignoring it with no warning which frankly is the smarter move for dumb shit
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #569119

Can OP clarify what exactly he was responding to when he answered “I did not see it because I was changing?”

Sticky was looking for if you had read the infighting (to mean fighting) message but I’m thinking OP was thinking that sticky sent a second message regarding fighting in general and was asking for that.

Considering this appeal and the entire adminpm was dismissed shortly after this statement was made I think it would be fairly important to at least clarify after the fact so we can have a discussion on the actual issues at hand.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #569142

I would like to add additional information which I think is extremely relevant to this subject, and I feel helps to clarify what occurred immensely. Although the information provided by me originally was intended to be factual in nature, I cannot help but feel that I 'jumped the gun' and arrived at conclusions which were undoubtedly false; and furthermore only serve to bring others to that same conclusion.

The first thing I would like to bring up is that macrobomb implants take seven seconds to detonate. With this information in mind, it then becomes evident that the macrobomb implant within Sticky was activated in the middle of the commotion that occurred, as outlined below. Annotations are mine.
Spoiler:
Furthermore I would like to address an incorrect assumption that I had during the collection of logged material for my previous post, or really something that I had failed to question, which is the perspective of Sticky during these events. He was not all-seeing during the fifteen seconds in which this took place, and so I would like to make it clear to all reading this post that from Sticky's perspective it appeared as though a player with a gun began firing in this very confined space and, at times, at the tile he was standing on. He activated the macrobomb implant as he thought the event was compromised and that a player had decided to kill him. I have spoken to Sticky about this, and that was his understanding at the time.

It is evident with hindsight that this was not the case, but I really want to make clear that this was the point-of-view that the administrator had at the time. I've included a video below that I feel helps to understand the situation as it unfolded. I have mocked the positions of the players and the shooting that occurred. I should clarify that in my video the curator is static; however in actuality it is very likely they were moving around in the room as only five of the eight shots fired hit the curator. The curator was at times standing over Sticky, and did end up dying on top of Sticky in the position shown in the video. (Also note this is not intended to be accurate in terms of how the shots were fired, I had to make some assumptions as the logging for guns shooting is sub-par, I only know factually where the shots were fired from. Where they actually hit is not logged, the line showing them hitting something logs where the bullets originated from. Sticky has said that he believes this is roughly accurate in representing the positions.)

To give further merit to the curator moving, and potentially being between Sticky and Tarch at times, which was claimed by Tarch above, you will notice that the last four shots he fired were fired were from outside the immediate room. Combining that claim with the data from the logs would support the statement that the curator was moving towards Tarch, or attempting to leave the room, and hence may not have been over Sticky until he was put into critical and was definitively over Sticky upon death.

https://imgur.com/B0Hp9X7.mp4

Hopefully this helps provide more context, specifically about the in-character events that occurred prior to the adminhelp ticket.
Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #569158

Cobby wrote:Can OP clarify what exactly he was responding to when he answered “I did not see it because I was changing?”

Sticky was looking for if you had read the infighting (to mean fighting) message but I’m thinking OP was thinking that sticky sent a second message regarding fighting in general and was asking for that.

Considering this appeal and the entire adminpm was dismissed shortly after this statement was made I think it would be fairly important to at least clarify after the fact so we can have a discussion on the actual issues at hand.
Spoiler:
[Syndicate] Syndicate Controller says, "There will be no in-fighting in the area or we'll activate your explosive implants"
Syndicate Controller says, "There will be no in-fighting in the area or we'll activate your explosive implants"
You dump as much of the leather satchel's contents into the backpack as you can.
Attention! Station-wide emergency declared!
Access restrictions on maintenance and external airlocks have been lifted.

You throw the GRANTED rubber stamp.
[Common] Antoni Macierewicz says, "AI where is auxiliary power"
Mathias Hawker (as Unknown) says, "Explosive implant"
[Engineering] The supermatter crystal beeps, "Danger! Crystal hyperstructure integrity faltering! Integrity: 94.35%"
Mathias Hawker (as Unknown) says, "Good to know"
[Syndicate] Finn Isemann says, "What about me Controller? I am the Listening Post"
Yes, in fact now that I've rechecked the logs I only seem to have missed the coordinates of the dropoff point, and nothing else
Regarding the (in)fighting part, after hearing it I immediately assumed that he meant "no fighting between syndies (regardless of location but that's irrelevant)", despite my eye glazing over and not seeing the "in-" part
I can't take screenshots or quote the logs due to... reasons right now, only my chat logs

PS to clarify I was John Doe and I changed my identity in the same room as the controller mere moments before running out and seeing the curator
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #572954

This whole thing is a mess.

The event, the ahelps, the complaint itself and the exceedingly unhelpful peanut responses to it all make for a very confusing jumble.

Between this thread and the multiple peanut threads it has inspired, it's become quite evident that many important details from this incident are being omitted or misremembered, intentionally or otherwise.

For this reason, let's dig into the logs to establish some important facts:

In your initial complaint, you state:
Tarchonvaagh wrote: Round starts, shortly after rolling traitor I gain access to the syndicate channel, and it turns out that i've become part of an event! Great - I think, and enter maintenance for a pair of black gloves only to run into the "syndicate coordinator", then I buy a chameleon kit and agent ID because my cover's been blown (details can be found in the logs).
So then, how did your cover get blown?

In the 02:56 between Sticky VV-implanting you with a syndicate radio and his character's first announcement over syndie comms, you - a traitor - spent a minute and a half of that time literally ALL-CAPS SCREAMING about it over common:

[2020-07-10 17:02:11.361] ADMIN: Stickymayhem/(Jack Steiner) checked the individual player panel for Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker).
[2020-07-10 17:02:20.632] ADMIN: Stickymayhem/(Jack Steiner) has added implant /obj/item/implant/radio/syndicate to Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker)
[2020-07-10 17:03:41.729] TCOMMS: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) [Common] "THE FUCK" (language: Galactic Common) (Port Primary Hallway (130,130,2))
[2020-07-10 17:03:47.098] TCOMMS: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) [Common] "SOMEONE IMPLANTED A SYNDIE RADIO" (language: Galactic Common) (Port Primary Hallway (131,130,2))
[2020-07-10 17:03:48.541] TCOMMS: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) [Common] "INTO ME" (language: Galactic Common) (Port Primary Hallway (131,130,2))
[2020-07-10 17:04:00.371] TCOMMS: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) [Common] "WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL" (language: Galactic Common) (Central Primary Hallway (135,127,2))
[2020-07-10 17:04:11.687] TCOMMS: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) [Common] "NO I SWEAR" (language: Galactic Common) (Central Primary Hallway (135,120,2))
[2020-07-10 17:04:35.418] TCOMMS: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) [Common] "WHAT THE HELL" (language: Galactic Common) (Central Primary Hallway (134,128,2))
[2020-07-10 17:04:54.324] TCOMMS: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) [Common] "WHY DO I HAVE A SYNDIE RADIO IMPLANT" (language: Galactic Common) (Central Primary Hallway (142,148,2))
[2020-07-10 17:04:56.182] TCOMMS: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) [Common] "AAAAAAAAA" (language: Galactic Common) (Central Primary Hallway (143,148,2))
[2020-07-10 17:05:06.485] TCOMMS: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) [Common] "WHY WOULD I START SHOUTING IF I WAS A TOT" (language: Galactic Common) (Central Primary Hallway (137,127,2))
[2020-07-10 17:05:13.707] TCOMMS: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) [Common] "LOOK JUST REMOVE IT OK?" (language: Galactic Common) (Central Primary Hallway (134,123,2))
[2020-07-10 17:05:16.428] TCOMMS: Stickymayhem/(Syndicate Controller) [Syndicate] "ATTENTION SYNDICATE AGENTS" (language: Galactic Common) (Port Maintenance (75,101,2))
[2020-07-10 17:05:43.276] TCOMMS: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) [Syndicate] "You could have informed us beforehand dumbass" (language: Galactic Common) (Port Maintenance (107,105,2))
[2020-07-10 17:05:51.860] TCOMMS: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) [Syndicate] "Now i have to buy a cham" (language: Galactic Common) (Port Maintenance (85,104,2))
The suggestion that StickyMayhem could have given you some sort of advance warning is not an unreasonable one, but your befuddling choice to LOUDLY narc on yourself in this manner is what sold you out and set the stage for what was to come.

At this point, you abscond into maint and - somewhat remarkably - stumble upon Sticky the Syndicate Controller. You two have this reasonably pleasant conversation while you change into your chameleon clothing:

[2020-07-10 17:06:04.104] SAY: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) "right" (Port Maintenance (76,102,2))
[2020-07-10 17:06:07.841] SAY: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) "greetings" (Port Maintenance (76,102,2))
[2020-07-10 17:06:09.266] SAY: Stickymayhem/(Syndicate Controller) "hOWDY" (Port Maintenance (75,101,2))
[2020-07-10 17:06:13.601] SAY: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) "well" (Port Maintenance (76,102,2))
[2020-07-10 17:06:19.389] SAY: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) "i think I should get in" (Port Maintenance (76,102,2))
[2020-07-10 17:06:27.758] SAY: Stickymayhem/(Syndicate Controller) "Good idea" (Port Maintenance (74,102,2))
[2020-07-10 17:06:30.580] SAY: Stickymayhem/(Syndicate Controller) "This is the delivery point" (Port Maintenance (74,102,2))
[2020-07-10 17:06:36.460] SAY: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) "oooh" (Port Maintenance (75,101,2))
[2020-07-10 17:06:38.576] SAY: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) "interesting" (Port Maintenance (75,101,2))
[2020-07-10 17:06:46.540] SAY: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) "don't mind me" (Port Maintenance (75,101,2))
[2020-07-10 17:07:15.873] ATTACK: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) has thrown the cargo technician's jumpsuit  (Port Maintenance (75,101,2))
[2020-07-10 17:07:17.625] TCOMMS: Stickymayhem/(Syndicate Controller) [Syndicate] "There is a delivery point West of Auxiliary Power in a maintenance side room" (language: Galactic Common) (Port Maintenance (74,102,2))
[2020-07-10 17:07:24.436] ATTACK: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) has thrown the black tie  (Port Maintenance (75,101,2))
We now reach an important point of contention: When asked in ahelps if you had seen Sticky's "There will be no in-fighting in the area or we'll activate your explosive implants" message over syndie comms, you stated,

[2020-07-10 17:22:26.411] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker)->Stickymayhem/(Syndicate Controller): actually I was changing so i ignored the chat
In fact, the logs show that you did indeed hear this message. Not only were you standing two tiles away from the Syndicate controller when those words were transmitted, but your own in-game statements confirm your receipt of them. To be fair, you have acknowledged as much in your most recent post, but seeing as you decided to hide these log lines behind spoilertext, it seems prudent to reproduce them here:

[2020-07-10 17:07:33.466] TCOMMS: Stickymayhem/(Syndicate Controller) [Syndicate] "There will be no in-fighting in the area or we'll activate your explosive implants" (language: Galactic Common) (Port Maintenance (74,102,2))

[2020-07-10 17:07:51.083] SAY: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) "explosive implant" (Port Maintenance (75,101,2))
[2020-07-10 17:07:52.837] SAY: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) "good to know" (Port Maintenance (75,101,2))
You two continue your conversation as Sticky continues to outline the details of the event:

[2020-07-10 17:07:57.075] TCOMMS: Stickymayhem/(Syndicate Controller) [Syndicate] "We first require a full set of teleporter boards, either printed or from the teleporter. We will provide 10 telecrystals in payment." (language: Galactic Common) (Port Maintenance (74,102,2))
[2020-07-10 17:08:08.450] TCOMMS: Stickymayhem/(Syndicate Controller) [Syndicate] "Listening post can coordinate group activity" (language: Galactic Common) (Port Maintenance (74,102,2))
[2020-07-10 17:08:30.947] TCOMMS: Stickymayhem/(Syndicate Controller) [Syndicate] "Only the first offer will be accepted. When a job is done we'll put out the next one." (language: Galactic Common) (Port Maintenance (74,102,2))
[2020-07-10 17:08:34.863] SAY: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) "teleporter boards?" (Port Maintenance (75,101,2))
[2020-07-10 17:08:40.109] SAY: Stickymayhem/(Syndicate Controller) "Yep" (Port Maintenance (75,103,2))
[2020-07-10 17:08:43.731] SAY: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) "as in the three required machines?" (Port Maintenance (75,101,2))
[2020-07-10 17:08:49.187] SAY: Stickymayhem/(Syndicate Controller) "Yep" (Port Maintenance (75,103,2))
[2020-07-10 17:08:50.920] SAY: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) "got it chief" (Port Maintenance (75,101,2))
[2020-07-10 17:09:25.938] SAY: Stickymayhem/(Syndicate Controller) "Clear the stuff out if you dont mind" (Port Maintenance (74,103,2))
[2020-07-10 17:09:32.511] ATTACK: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) has thrown the toolbelt  (Port Maintenance (75,101,2))
[2020-07-10 17:09:33.749] ATTACK: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) has thrown the black tie  (Port Maintenance (75,101,2))
[2020-07-10 17:10:02.320] TCOMMS: Stickymayhem/(Syndicate Controller) [Syndicate] "Please use our listening post agent to coordinate activity." (language: Galactic Common) (Port Maintenance (74,103,2))
[2020-07-10 17:10:36.919] TCOMMS: Stickymayhem/(Syndicate Controller) [Syndicate] "The coordinates of the drop point are 74, 103, 2" (language: Galactic Common) (Port Maintenance (74,103,2))
It is at this point...
...that the Curator, REALB/Whitaker "Bad Penny" Swarner turns up, having spent his time leading up to this making jokes about being an antag over comms (he wasn't) and engaging in His Grace-related hijinks:

[2020-07-10 17:10:37.294] SAY: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) "hi" (Port Maintenance (76,102,2))
[2020-07-10 17:10:41.174] SAY: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) "well" (Port Maintenance (76,102,2))
[2020-07-10 17:10:41.240] SAY: REALB/(Whitaker Swarner) "ah yes" (Port Maintenance (77,102,2))
[2020-07-10 17:10:44.101] SAY: REALB/(Whitaker Swarner) "this is the syndie point" (Port Maintenance (77,102,2))
[2020-07-10 17:10:47.125] SAY: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) "i found this place" (Port Maintenance (74,102,2))
[2020-07-10 17:10:52.896] SAY: Stickymayhem/(Syndicate Controller) "Howdy" (Port Maintenance (74,103,2))
[2020-07-10 17:10:54.389] SAY: REALB/(Whitaker Swarner) "hello good sir" (Port Maintenance (75,103,2))
[2020-07-10 17:10:54.727] SAY: Stickymayhem/(Syndicate Controller) "Got the boards?" (Port Maintenance (74,103,2))
Here, seven long seconds pass:

The curator starts to move...

You ready your Makarov...

The Syndicate Controller...probably kicks around a vegan recipe to make for dinner? It's impossible for us to know...

Finally, the Curator breaks the tension and gives the Controller a shove:

[2020-07-10 17:11:03.453] ATTACK: REALB/(Whitaker Swarner) has shoved Stickymayhem/(Syndicate Controller) with knocking them down (NEWHP: 100)  (Port Maintenance (75,103,2))
A quarter of a second later, you open fire:

[2020-07-10 17:11:03.722] ATTACK: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) has fired at [floor] with 9mm bullet from Port Maintenance (Port Maintenance (75,102,2))
Both the controller and the curator land in a tumble on the same tile.

You continue to empty your magazine into the melee. Some of your rounds drive into the Curator, others into the wall and floor:

[2020-07-10 17:11:03.724] ATTACK: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) has shot REALB/(Whitaker Swarner) with 9mm bullet (NEWHP: 100)  (Port Maintenance (75,102,2))
[2020-07-10 17:11:04.431] ATTACK: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) has fired at [floor] with 9mm bullet from Port Maintenance (Port Maintenance (75,102,2))
[2020-07-10 17:11:04.433] ATTACK: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) has shot REALB/(Whitaker Swarner) with 9mm bullet (NEWHP: 70)  (Port Maintenance (75,102,2))
[2020-07-10 17:11:04.937] ATTACK: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) has fired at [floor] with 9mm bullet from Port Maintenance (Port Maintenance (75,102,2))
[2020-07-10 17:11:05.556] ATTACK: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) has fired at [wall] with 9mm bullet from Port Maintenance (Port Maintenance (75,102,2))
[2020-07-10 17:11:06.460] ATTACK: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) has fired at [wall] with 9mm bullet from Port Maintenance (Port Maintenance (77,102,2))
[2020-07-10 17:11:06.581] ATTACK: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) has shot REALB/(Whitaker Swarner) with 9mm bullet (NEWHP: 40)  (Port Maintenance (77,102,2))
[2020-07-10 17:11:07.109] ATTACK: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) has fired at [reinforced window] with 9mm bullet from Port Maintenance (Port Maintenance (77,102,2))
[2020-07-10 17:11:07.532] ATTACK: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) has fired at [wall] with 9mm bullet from Port Maintenance (Port Maintenance (77,102,2))
[2020-07-10 17:11:07.654] ATTACK: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) has shot REALB/(Whitaker Swarner) with 9mm bullet (NEWHP: 10)  (Port Maintenance (77,102,2))
[2020-07-10 17:11:08.327] ATTACK: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) has fired at [command megaphone] with 9mm bullet from Port Maintenance (Port Maintenance (77,102,2))
[2020-07-10 17:11:08.408] ATTACK: Tarchonvaagh/(Mathias Hawker) has shot REALB/(Whitaker Swarner) with 9mm bullet (NEWHP: -20)  (Port Maintenance (77,102,2))
Somewhere between bullets, having seen that fighting is occurring not just in "the area," but in the very room in which he has set up shop, Sticky activates his macrobomb.

The results are predicable:

[2020-07-10 17:11:16.018] ATTACK: @Stickymayhem[DC]/(Syndicate Controller) has died (BRUTE: 0, BURN: 0, TOX: 0, OXY: 0, CLONE: 0) (Port Maintenance (75,102,2))
[2020-07-10 17:11:16.212] ATTACK: REALB/(Whitaker Swarner) has died (BRUTE: 150, BURN: 0, TOX: 0, OXY: 1.33333, CLONE: 0) (Port Maintenance (75,102,2))
As you hightail it, you are gibbed:

[2020-07-10 17:11:31.539] ADMIN: Stickymayhem/(Syndicate Controller) punished *no key*/(Mathias Hawker) with Gib.
This is a bad outcome. It is not however - given the events that led up to it - a surprising outcome.

What we have here are two people making bad (sometimes baffling) decisions while in possession of incomplete or misconstrued information.

While we agree that Sticky could have handled this event more carefully, their actions fit within a logical, if hastily slapdash, framework.

They did not force you to narc on yourself over common. They did not teleport you into the room in which they were hiding. They did not force you to empty a magazine into the same room despite previously issuing a dire warning against violence that you both heard and acknowledged.

Your ultimate fate was almost completely the result of choices you made and not the result of administrative power abuse.

For this reason, we are not upholding this complaint.

With this said, we would strongly encourage Stickymayhem to approach any similar situations in the future with more empathy and consideration for the aggrieved party.

As a default, every player should expect harsh IC consequences. They shouldn't, however, expect harsh ahelp replies when they find themselves holding the wrong end of your event stick.

Headmin votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Do not uphold.
Phuzzylodgik: Do not uphold.
TWATICUS: Do not uphold.