[Optimumtact] CoffeeDragon16 - Highlander ran non-extended

CoffeeDragon16
Byond Username: CoffeeDragon16

[Optimumtact] CoffeeDragon16 - Highlander ran non-extended

Post by CoffeeDragon16 » #574989

When and where this incident occured (Game Server, forums, Discord): Basil round 145697, 2020-09-04 23:24:37
Byond account and character name OR Discord name: CoffeeDragon16
Admin: Optimumtact
ROUND ID HERE IF APPLICABLE: 145697
Detailed summary: The server was being recompiled and updated, so Oranges decided to do Highlander which is all well and fine, except for the fact that it wasn't extended. I was a heretic, and died due to the highlanders quickly.
Logs are from https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/bas ... /game.html

Code: Select all

[2020-09-04 23:29:34.644] ADMIN: 23:29:34.644] ADMIN: Optimumtact/(Platos Syrup) used delayed THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.
[2020-09-04 23:29:34.645] ADMIN: 23:29:34.645] ADMIN: Optimumtact/(Platos Syrup) used secret delayed_onlyone
-snip-(time in between this being  selected and round starting, just OOC bants here)
11:29:19	ADMIN	Optimumtact has started the game.
11:29:20	GAME	DYNAMIC: Picked the following roundstart rules: Heretics, Traitors,
-snip-(Irrelevant round-start logs)
11:29:44	GAME	CoffeeDragon16/(Mythmi Aguilar) has gained antag datum Heretic(/datum/antagonist/heretic)	
-snip-(I lived for a solid two minutes, in-between is mostly just me getting ganked, not much relevant here)
11:31:52	EMOTE	CoffeeDragon16/(Mythmi Aguilar) seizes up and falls limp, her eyes dead and lifeless... 
It's common knowledge and basic respect to set the round to extended or secret extended if you'll be running an event that heavily influences antagonist shifts, and conflict was more than plentiful as it was highlanders. I feel as if my antagonist shift was ruined by admin intervention, so I ahelped it asking what was up with it, and if I could get a token for it, but got no response. I believe I deserve a heretic, or equivalent token for it.
Last edited by CoffeeDragon16 on Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: [Optimumtact] CoffeeDragon16 - Highlander ran non-extended

Post by oranges » #574991

I will not be giving out tokens, I said the round would be highlander when it started.
CoffeeDragon16

Post by CoffeeDragon16 » #574992

How does that affect the fact that your admin event ruined my antagonist round? That's the purpose and correct use of tokens. There was nothing I could have done about it as a player, regardless of the fact that you announced it. Either way, the source of the concern is that the round wasn't set to extended or secret extended, as highlander interferes heavily with antagonist rounds, mine included.
trexter555
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Trexter555

Post by trexter555 » #574993

i got traitor that round, honestly dont really mind that adminbus ended my antag round but a single message in ooc really isnt enough to tell people, it can be easily missed, and people can still join after you said it and be completely confused when its suddenly highlander. should definitely set it to extended next time because even if you do everything to tell people its gonna be a highlander round, people are retards and will yell when they get antag and suddenly highlander
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #575001

CoffeeDragon16 wrote:How does that affect the fact that your admin event ruined my antagonist round? That's the purpose and correct use of tokens. There was nothing I could have done about it as a player, regardless of the fact that you announced it. Either way, the source of the concern is that the round wasn't set to extended or secret extended, as highlander interferes heavily with antagonist rounds, mine included.
you never had an antagonist round, the round was a highlander round as announced before the round started.

Just because the antag code still ran, does not mean you are entitled to a token for a highlander round.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #575092

As I recall, it was said in OCC before the round began that while waiting for the server code to update a highlander round would take place in the meantime.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #575095

Yes, we needed to update the server to fix the bug where pills were not doing anything, the update command conflicted so I had to clear merge requests, which meant it took longer than expected.

This was NEVER an admin event I was doing this to fix a game breaking bug live as a KEYHOLDER

So rather than leave the round delayed while the compiler ran I ran a highlander round quickly so people had something to do.

I don't know why coffee is making this complaint considering they knew the update was happening. They had even delayed the roundstart.

I don't think they could be under any belief whatsoever that they were having a normal round, given the circumstances, so this complaint appears to be malicious to me.

I'm not going to apologise for letting people have something to do while they waited, and neither do I believe they deserve an antag token given this round was *NEVER* operating under normal circumstances.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #575101

From the logs:
[2020-09-04 23:29:09.014] OOC: 23:29:09.014] OOC: Optimumtact/(Optimumtact) "while we wait for the compiler" (start area (8,174,1))

[2020-09-04 23:29:10.176] OOC: 23:29:10.176] OOC: Hyper2snyper/(Hyper2snyper) "I WANT SOME LAG" (start area (8,174,1))

[2020-09-04 23:29:11.178] OOC: 23:29:11.178] OOC: Bluedazzled/(Bluedazzled) "I AM PISSED" (start area (8,174,1))

[2020-09-04 23:29:11.881] OOC: 23:29:11.881] OOC: CoffeeDragon16/(CoffeeDragon16) "who is this song by? this is really good" (start area (8,174,1)) <---this is you, being present when oranges announced it is a highlander round

[2020-09-04 23:29:13.529] OOC: 23:29:13.529] OOC: Optimumtact/(Optimumtact) "please enjoy this higlander round" (start area (8,174,1))
You were actively present and posting in OOC. For the reading impaired, I've provided this handy picture with nice, big text and is readable.

CoffeeDragon16

Post by CoffeeDragon16 » #575108

Yeah, I see the point oranges, I just felt like it was handled quite poorly from a player perspective. This was probably a bad move to make it a complaint and rather be more constructive about it by discussing when and when not extended should be ran during events like these which heavily influence antagonist shifts. Calling it malicious is a bit of a misunderstanding though, I just felt as if it was not done as it should with standard antagonists spawning, and wish a more realized precedent could be made, no aggression is meant. I guess I'll retract the complaint as I just think it could have been handled a lot better, as I didn't even get a response when I asked about it in ahelps, which left me frustrated and confused with how it was handled, or lack thereof. I still can't say I agree in the fact that the announcement or delay really changes it, though.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #575159

CoffeeDragon16 wrote:I guess I'll retract the complaint as I just think it could have been handled a lot better
Based on this, locking the complaint barring a headmin intercession. OP PM me if this should remain open for some reason.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg