hamst
Byond Username: Hamst

[Stickymayhem] #politics-containment, repeated rule 1 violation

Post by hamst » #575694

When and where this incident occured (Game Server, forums, Discord): Discord
Byond account and character name OR Discord name: #politics-containment
Admin: Stickymayhem
ROUND ID HERE IF APPLICABLE: N/A
Detailed summary: I think its about time to address some of the stuff sticky has been doing in #politcs-containment as I believe hes using his admin position in bad faith. His distaste for my opinions are known as they are unsavory but its come to a point where hes threatened a ban over some political jokes he himself has made joke posts about which I find to be rather arbitrary. The issue comes with a number of things both with the potential banning and the posts hes been making about others as sticky making call outs has, in the past been complained about before successfully by nevere. sticky has been making some audio clips involving people who he proceeds to imitate which on one hand i'd like to say is good banter and in good faith but i'm not sure if that's the case anymore if hes willing to ban people who stray too far from what he deems alright or not.

one of the posts that was taken down along with the ban warning:
icantbreef.png
0.20.37.png
0.20.37.png (9.25 KiB) Viewed 2709 times

Stickies posts:
ShareX_9X8fTntLi7.png
12.03.jpg
357_catches_a_butch_vegan.ogg
(267.95 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
I'm all for good banter but calling out others as an admin should be met with some scrutiny as well as ban warnings that seem to be largely impulsive.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: [Stickymayhem] #politics-containment, repeated rule 1 violation

Post by Stickymayhem » #575707

There's not really much to tackle here since it's very opinion based.

I specifically warned you for posting several images in quick succession of recreations of george floyd's death in meme form. The image you posted is not one of the ones I deleted, and although cringe, I would not rule it as rule 11 alone. I even double checked in adminbus (will post full log of responses with headmin permission) to make sure there was a consensus that this was a valid rule and before I had to take any administrative action. I do this frequently to ensure my own potential bias doesn't get in the way and I strictly adhere to the Rule 11 admin conduct guidelines as well as the spirit of the rule. This is reinforced by recent policy decisions about mockery of George Floyd's death (which regardless of your incoming attempts to obfuscate, is pretty clearly motivated by bigotry).

The fun thing about this complaint is that there is no ban, nor even a kick here. You posted some /pol/ tier memes specifically making fun of the actual death of george floyd, I told you to knock it off, and you stopped. You were without question close to the line, and I did you the courtesy of warning you to step back, rather than waiting for an opportunity to remove you from the community. I'd much rather you stay, participate, post your incredibly dumb edgy takes while respecting the rules in place, than remove you from the community for any length of time.

Ironically, you choose to participate in the absolute bottomless pit of rhetoric, edginess and flaming that is politics containment, but you're too weak willed to handle admins participating in that community and being exactly as edgy as you. Pretty fucking snowflake my dude, not a good look.

I'm going to talk about the memes you posted not because I expect you to learn anything, but maybe people reading this will find these examples helpful.

The ants post does not regard or treat any group with hatred or intolerance. It does not demean anyone due to their race, it is a funny moment from a video game and an example of the kind of free speech we'd specifically like to keep when done appropriately.

The second meme posted by someone else, is an example of a meme that plays with some edgy topics, but ultimately doesn't demean anyone based on their race, sex, gender, orientation or the like. I specifically called it out as an example of a meme that uses absolutely edgy elements to make a good natured, hyperbolic point and a good example of the kind of speech we should be allowing. It doesn't demean or target anyone, it makes a political comparison between two political ideologies, and I would have laughed all the same if it attacked left wing politics, as many political compass memes do.

Given that my voice clips are actual readings of other people's posts in politics containment, I can't even imagine an interpretation of those that shows I've gone too far in any capacity. I'm literally reading other people's content. Is it more offensive because it's now audible? Did my exotic accent and deep, threatening baritone intimidate you that badly?

Either this person is too fragile to be in politics containment, or this complaint is bad faith. I'll leave it up to them to decide which it is
Attachments
Discord_4NTIvoQg9f.png
Discord_4NTIvoQg9f.png (10.36 KiB) Viewed 2657 times
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #575709

Gonna be 100% real - if you bother to take the "omega has to mock commies" ogg without looking just six messages beneath to see me congratulate sticky on the hilarious .ogg file I'd be inclined to believe you're the one arguing in bad faith here. I thought that one was fucking hilarious, and is what I enjoy seeing for what I myself describe as a "trope joke" that I play every day in there. Sticky, despite being smelly vegan man, acts just like any other person in politics containment - which is to say occasionally laughing at an "edgy" joke.

Furthermore, the "I can't breathe" category of memes was outlawed by current headmin (although he's in the process of leaving as his headmin term is up) phuzzylogic, and it makes sense for sticky to say "don't do this" as he's just enforcing a policy set in place previously.

I honestly don't think sticky's done as much as other admins in that channel, and furthermore, honestly don't think he's done enough to be considered a rule 1 violation, especially when considering the relatively lax policy on what's considered rule 1 in a channel where people accept that things are going to get heated or "uncomfortable/edgy" for certain people.

If this is a peanutpost please delete - I just saw the complaint get posted in here and decided to comment when I saw the ogg file of my shitpost comment being brought up.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #576602

Sticky's posts and your post are not equivalent. Its been established for quite some time that george floyd memes are not acceptable to post in any channel, and warning you for posting that is perfectly fine.
The greatest crime here is making us download these oggs, convert them to mp3, and listen to sticky's voice. We see nothing to uphold here.

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Do not uphold.
Domitius: Do not uphold.
Naloac: Do not uphold.