[Owegno] Spaceman3 - Admin caught lying

Spaceguy
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Spaceman3

[Owegno] Spaceman3 - Admin caught lying

Post by Spaceguy » #578736

When and where this incident occured (Game Server, forums, Discord): Game server
Byond account and character name OR Discord name: Spaceman3
Admin: Owegno
ROUND ID HERE IF APPLICABLE: 147926
Detailed summary: So this Owegno guy has lied multiple times and proceeded to ban me for "only here to grief, using a vpn and Blatant OOC in IC
But lets see how much of this is actually true.

Number 1: Using a VPN. Unfortunately Owegno i'm not using a VPN as part of some conspiracy to grief your SS13 server. You see in first world countries we have these things called dynamic IPs. It's a very common thing. Lie
Number 2: Only here to grief, unfortunately Owegno i'm not only on your server to grief i enjoy playing on this server and it's quite fun compared to others. Now what did i do which you consider griefing? Oh that's right! i clicked on two different panes of reinforced glass once and i harmbattoned a man once. You know this is starting to fall apart pretty quickly Owegno why did you even try and lie to begin with?
Number 3: Blatant OOC in IC, yeah i plead guilty to this one. You are the reason why i hate moderators Owegno you abuse your power for absolutely no reason other than pure sadism.

Should i really be banned till the end of time because i harmbattoned a man once? This Owegno guy is unhinged may want to remove his moderator powers.
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Re: [Owegno] Spaceman3 - Admin caught lying

Post by Owegno » #578740

I'll explain my reasoning for assuming you were just a random griefer in a few moments. The fact you appealed/complained makes me believe you are not actually a ban evader/griefer so I will gladly lift the ban. The VPN thing I realized after I banned you was false and just your IP address changing quickly, and my bad for not looking a bit closer.

The ban has been lifted now. As I said I'll give a more in depth response later once I am not busy but I wanted to fix this first.
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Post by Owegno » #578745

Logs are taken from: https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/man ... nd-147926/
For a full breakdown of what happened. I get an ahelp from someone asking me to deal with you since you apparently are not playing security was they put it and just seem to be griefing. I go and look at your logs and find your say logs contain:
Spoiler:
[2020-10-09 00:12:03.582] SAY: Spaceman3/(Mark Markinson) "ai is rouge" (Brig (193,126,2))
[2020-10-09 00:12:39.925] SAY: Spaceman3/(Mark Markinson) "lemme in or ill blow us all up" (Brig (201,129,2))
[2020-10-09 00:13:04.132] SAY: Spaceman3/(Mark Markinson) "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" (Brig (201,129,2))
[2020-10-09 00:13:10.738] SAY: Spaceman3/(Mark Markinson) "call the jannies" (Brig (201,129,2))
[2020-10-09 00:13:28.356] SAY: Spaceman3/(Mark Markinson) "im getting banned for grief now" (Brig (201,129,2))
[2020-10-09 00:13:34.110] SAY: Spaceman3/(Mark Markinson) "i clicked on a glass pane" (Brig (201,129,2))
[2020-10-09 00:13:39.939] SAY: Spaceman3/(Mark Markinson) "with harm intent" (Brig (201,129,2))
[2020-10-09 00:14:14.194] SAY: Spaceman3/(Mark Markinson) "im security i can do whatever i want" (Brig (201,128,2))
[2020-10-09 00:14:29.676] SAY: Spaceman3/(Mark Markinson) "woah woah why did you do that" (Brig (201,128,2))
I am not sure what you expected an admin to think when they see this. You seemed to want to be banned and didn't argue when I PMed you saying that I'd oblige your request. You just said that smacking a glass pane is a big offense. From this I assumed you were wanting to do some meme-y grief then get banned. I dunno if in actuality you had a bad round and were letting off steam or what, but I went with what I saw.

Regarding the VPN: Yeah I was wrong. It turns out that your IP address just changed quickly which made it look like a VPN at first glance.

I do apologize for jumping the gun with thinking you were just a griefer. It had looked a lot like you just wanted to annoy others and your response in ahelps didn't make me think you had any intent of playing on /tg/ seriously. Although in hindsight I perhaps should have pressed harder for you to explain why you were acting the way you were instead of just saying that I would oblige your request as that may be why you didn't give me a serious response. My bad there.

In the future you really should not blatantly OOC in IC like that, randomly call the AI rogue, or set people to arrest randomly as I discovered later that you had set one person to arrest for "terrorism" and another person to arrest for "cult" before you said anything in the round and I had to sort out the issues you caused by doing that. In addition Manuel may not be the server for you. I'd recommend playing on Sybil, Basil or Terry things there tend to be less serious which is likely to be more your speed.
Spaceguy
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Spaceman3

Post by Spaceguy » #578800

I don't want an unban jannie. The only reason why you're going back on what you did is because you're not a high ranking admin. I want you to be banned.
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #578803

Spaceguy wrote:I don't want an unban jannie. The only reason why you're going back on what you did is because you're not a high ranking admin. I want you to be banned.
just letting you know that "game-master" means they were headmin at some point, one of the highest ranking admins you could talk to

EDIT: Please don't peanut post, removed the latter part.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #579269

Owegno has admitted his mistake in jumping the gun in this situation, and given the context we can see how he came to that conclusion.
Since this complaint is focused on the idea that Owegno intentionally lied we see no reason to uphold it, since a mistake is much different than a lie.
That being said, we still ask Owegno be more careful in the future.

This complaint is not upheld.

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Do not uphold.
Domitius: Do not uphold.
Naloac: Do not uphold.