[COMPLAINT] [Doctor Brutality] <Artilljerist>

Post by artilljeristus » #578868

BYOND account: Artilljerist
Character name: Ayy Mao
Admin in question: Doctor Brutality
When did it take place: 17:01:00 started from here
Round ID in which ban was placed: 148099
Evidence: was able to only partially save the log
Your side of the story: doctor mentioned that he did not believe me due to note number and began to partially ignore me when I started explaining to him what was the matter. I started speaking a little more persistently, and the spoiler 1 determined the mocking hostility in his tone during the proceedings. this was confirmed by second spoiler as well
Spoiler:
Admin PM from-Doctor Brutality: if you wanna get laughed at then the latter
Click on the administrator's name to reply.
Spoiler:
Admin PM from-Doctor Brutality: lol I have nothing else to add to this ticket.
Click on the administrator's name to reply.
AIIA
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: AIIA

Re: [COMPLAINT] [Doctor Brutality] <Artilljerist>

Post by AIIA » #578875

This was posted in the TGMC appeals. Doctor Brutality isn't staff there, so I've moved it to the proper section.
pugie
Byond Username: Doctor Brutality

Post by pugie » #578879

Yeah I wasn't too polite in the ticket but also I've ran out of patience with you considering your note history in the past month so I'm at the virtual end of my rope as you could see in my responses to you. Head admins can decide if I was too impolite I guess.

The two spoilers are me being honest. Spoiler 1 is true, this complaint is silly in my opinion, as for spoiler 2 I'd already gone over my meaning and didn't feel like going into a back and forth with you for the rest of the shift over something as trivial as a week's appearance ban for choosing a pun of "ayy lmao" as a name so that's me ending the conversation.

I don't have anything else to say about this complaint.
artilljeristus
Byond Username: Artilljerist

Post by artilljeristus » #578889

pugie wrote:Yeah I wasn't too polite in the ticket but also I've ran out of patience with you considering your note history in the past month so I'm at the virtual end of my rope as you could see in my responses to you. Head admins can decide if I was too impolite I guess.

The two spoilers are me being honest. Spoiler 1 is true, this complaint is silly in my opinion, as for spoiler 2 I'd already gone over my meaning and didn't feel like going into a back and forth with you for the rest of the shift over something as trivial as a week's appearance ban for choosing a pun of "ayy lmao" as a name so that's me ending the conversation.

I don't have anything else to say about this complaint.
lol this is actually just funny name that is not offending someone, but ok. Its really just even not look like a bigotry
I saw john sex and thought it was possible, because this guy goes with that name for about a century, I think

To be honest I would really like to keep this name for myself even after a week. And yeah, it's called Ayy Mao, not Ayy Lmao
Can we somehow agree?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #578897

If anyone else is incredibly fucking confused about this situation, the tl;dr is that artilljerist was bwoinked for having a name that violates naming policy in round 148091. When round 148099 started, artilljerist either had not changed his name or the game had reset it for one reason or another. Pugie believes that it was the former, not the latter. Pugie gave him a one week appearance ban with the reason "Asked to change their name from Ayy Mao, didn't."

If this is an attempt to appeal the ban, let me know and we'll move it to Ban Appeals. This seems more like they're taking umbrage with how it was handled in general though.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
artilljeristus

Post by artilljeristus » #578937

Vekter wrote:If anyone else is incredibly fucking confused about this situation, the tl;dr is that artilljerist was bwoinked for having a name that violates naming policy in round 148091. When round 148099 started, artilljerist either had not changed his name or the game had reset it for one reason or another. Pugie believes that it was the former, not the latter. Pugie gave him a one week appearance ban with the reason "Asked to change their name from Ayy Mao, didn't."

If this is an attempt to appeal the ban, let me know and we'll move it to Ban Appeals. This seems more like they're taking umbrage with how it was handled in general though.
That's tough. I just logged off the server around 148091 round, and came back in a few rounds later.
I've not forgot about pugie request to change the name, it's just that at some point the nickname has not changed, I already wrote about this in another thread. And this is not BAN, this is COMPLAINT.
CrazyClown12
Byond Username: CrazyClown12

Post by CrazyClown12 » #578945

artilljeristus wrote:
lol this is actually just funny name that is not offending someone, but ok. Its really just even not look like a bigotry
I saw john sex and thought it was possible, because this guy goes with that name for about a century, I think
Naming policy doesn't apply to the use of ID consoles or agent IDs the same extent as characters. There is no actual static-name called John Sex, it's just a Terry meme that people set their agent IDs to.
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #578976

pugie

Post by pugie » #578992

note how all these names end up being extremely short lived.
thehogshotgun
Byond Username: Thehogshotgun

Post by thehogshotgun » #578999

Notice how the point of the post wasn’t that “John sex is used every round”, it’s that John sex as a name has been used multiple times, and so your point that such a name was restricted to only agent IDs and renames is not true.
pugie

Post by pugie » #579024

Let me nip this dumb point in the bud the reason why the names are short lived is because the people using John Sex get bwoinked/know they'll get bwoinked jeez
artilljeristus

Post by artilljeristus » #579056

pugie wrote:Let me nip this dumb point in the bud the reason why the names are short lived is because the people using John Sex get bwoinked/know they'll get bwoinked jeez
Yeah, you were right from the very beginning that all this will be laughed at. Sorry.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #579268

This seems resolved. If that isn't the case PM a headmin and we'll reopen it.