IcePacks
Byond Username: IcePacks

[J Moldy] Brain Drain Gang Goes to Hell

Post by IcePacks » #580001

When and where this incident occured (Game Server, forums, Discord):
Byond account and character name OR Discord name: IcePacks/Paxium LXIX
Admin:J Moldy
Round #149088

I started the round as chaplain with a hypertool and hit a sec officer three times with it, giving them a concussion (brain traumas are fucked up). My hypertool was almost immediately, rightfully stolen. After a short chase I was caught and died in the brig as a result of being le hard mode race (this time I lost both my gloves AND my plasmatank; the officer arresting me merely walked away and grabbed a fire extinguisher). When I was brought to medbay, the warden, who had been following, soulstoned me and left me on a table, at which point I adminhelped. A witness took pity on me getting mega-dumpstered for being a dumbass and purified the soulstone (which apparently non-chaplains can do) and I set about getting my revenge on the officer responsible for my death and J Moldy PMed me after the deed was done and I was in space to stop moving. He teleported me to the warden's office, apparently giving the warden instructions not to murder me, since the warden didn't react to me appearing in his office OR slowly trying to murder him. J Moldy told me to stop, to which I complied, and then spawned an artificer shell and moved my soulstone to the warden, evidently to make me subservient to the warden. I resume attacking the warden as a fat, useless, jauntless wraith and J Moldy tells me to "stop attacking them dumbfuck" despite me being bound to one Corvus R and, y'know, getting permanently dusted by the warden. J Moldy closed the ticket immediately after, at which point I asked him what his intent was. He has still not responded so I guess I'm taking this here?

I really wouldn't take an issue with getting permakilled as a shade after whacking two sec officers (both of whom were, retaliatory or not, responsible for me getting dusted), but apparently there was some big plan here that J Moldy thought was super obvious. It wasn't, though, so I guess I'm asking on the forums.

What was your big idea, Moldy? The one I'm a dumbfuck for not getting? I gave a nukeop brain damage for adminhelping a dumb question as an admin once, and I'm getting the same overtones here. Am I stupid for being put in the same room as the guy who dusted my physical body and not kill him as a vengeful spirit? Did you not know I was bound to the dingus who purified me? Why not respond? You kinda beefed this one.
J Moldy
Byond Username: J Moldy

Re: [J Moldy] Brain Drain Gang Goes to Hell

Post by J Moldy » #580110

First off, I would like to apologize for being rude to you in an adminhelp, I will admit that was inappropriate for me to do as an admin.
I am not entirely sure what the complaint is. I intended to simply attempt to get you back into the game in some measure more than being a shade that looked like it was stuck wandering out in space by having the person you were bound to (since they were the one who soulstoned you) to give you a somewhat more capable body back and then free you to let you go about the hallways again. When you directly ignored me telling you to stop attacking him when he made no attempt to hurt you further, and I directly told you to stop attacking him, I decided that this wasn't going to go anywhere and closed the ticket. I flat out didn't notice you'd messaged me again after that because admin-observer chat flies by a mile a minute, my headphones were off, and replies to closed tickets don't re-open new tickets, so your PM back was simply lost among a million other messages.
That's really all this was, I wanted to get you back in the round as something most players don't usually play as (a purified construct) for a couple minutes for one round.
I have to admit I don't understand if this is a specific complaint trying to say that I broke the rules or if it's just trying to get my attention for closure on a round that left you upset. If it's the latter then I apologize, if it's the former I would appreciate a bit more an explanation.
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Re: [J Moldy] Brain Drain Gang Goes to Hell

Post by Domitius » #580902

We believe that JMoldy made a clear good faith attempt to keep you relevant to the round and did not abuse or break their tools or admin policy respectively in the process. We take no issue with their conduct.

This complaint will not be upheld.

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Do not uphold.
Domitius: Do not uphold.
Naloac: Do not uphold.