[Wineallwine] Megarop - spawning a bunch of null rods during a wizard round

Megarop
Byond Username: Megarop

[Wineallwine] Megarop - spawning a bunch of null rods during a wizard round

Post by Megarop » #581500

When and where this incident occured (Game Server, forums, Discord): Terry
Byond account and character name OR Discord name: Megarop (byond, discord), Urza the Blue (ingame)
Admin: Wineallwine
ROUND ID HERE IF APPLICABLE: 150255
Detailed summary: The server had thirty-something people on it. I was a wizard and invested all 5 of my spell points into the stop time spell. Doing this gives the spell a 10 second recharge time, which, since the spell lasts 10 seconds, allows time to be stopped indefinitely. I killed a bunch of people by freezing them with the spell and then beating them to death. About 10 minutes into the round and after I had killed 9 people, Wineallwine made a central command announcement that they were sending something near the bridge to help fight the wizard and then sent in a large amount of null rods via drop pod. I do not know exactly how many were spawned, but I believe it was at least more than ten, enough to arm just about every single crew member willing to hunt down the wizard. I died shortly afterwards to a group of about 6 people carrying said null rods, which made them immune to magic and by extension the stop time spell. Wineallwine left the server shortly afterwards.

I understand that investing 5 points into time stop may be considered overpowered, even by wizard standards, so it may be expected for an admin to intervene to help the crew fight a wizard doing so, but I do not believe sending in a bunch of null rods at that point in the round was warranted because the role that normally has access to a null rod, the chaplain, was still alive and well and in good condition to fight the wizard. If nothing else, I think wineallwine should have waited for the chaplain to die or otherwise lose their null rod before they spawned in more.
Also, as a side note, I think it would've been more fun to spawn a paranormal emergency response team for the purpose of helping the crew kill the wizard rather than just giving the crew null rods.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: [Wineallwine] Megarop - spawning a bunch of null rods during a wizard round

Post by bobbahbrown » #581502

From https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/ter ... 5/game.txt

Code: Select all

[2020-11-13 23:32:46.045] ADMIN: Wineallwine/(Dr. Glenn Pierce) created 20ea /obj/item/nullrod
<snip>
[2020-11-13 23:34:31.251] ADMIN: Wineallwine/(Dr. Glenn Pierce) has created a command report: Hello, Mike HQ 13. We're sending you some help again the wizard federation outside the bridge
<snip>
[2020-11-13 23:38:16.881] EMOTE: Megarop/(Urza the Blue) seizes up and falls limp, his eyes dead and lifeless... (Fore Primary Hallway (108,160,2))
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #581514

tl;dr I'm sorry, have an antag token

Hello! Firstly I'd like to say thank you - I genuinely appreciate the effort to make a complaint, helps keep my adminning balanced.

Now, during this round I saw quite a few people get memed by the timestop wizard. It didn't look particularly fun for the crew to be immediately jumped on with no warning. It's for this reason I don't think admin intervention was unreasonable (as you seem to agree)

However, the particular approach I chose was too much of a blunt instrument, very much the shotgun of admin interventions, and if anything I might have decreased the fun in this round. A better scenario might have been giving a single crewmember a wizard hunting role or even a paranormal ERT, rather than pressing the 'fuck over the wizard' button.

So, to apologise for this mistake I'll be giving you a wizard antag token. Enjoy it!
Megarop
Byond Username: Megarop

Post by Megarop » #581566

Requesting this get closed now that i have been bribed with an antag token the admin being complained about has explained their actions.

Also, correction:
I was a wizard and invested all 5 of my spell points into the stop time spell
Technically i had 10 spell points and upgraded stop time 5 times for 2 spell points each, same thing.
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #581568

Closing complaint as requested.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW: