[Oranges] doom2hellonearth - permabanned from #coding-general for a shitty reason

doom2hellonearth
Byond Username: DOOM2HellOnEarth

[Oranges] doom2hellonearth - permabanned from #coding-general for a shitty reason

Post by doom2hellonearth » #591222

When and where this incident occured:discord
Byond account and character name OR Discord name: jimmy the suicidal Maniac
Admin: oranges
Detailed summary
Permabanned for jokingly @ing "I have a question". Instant permaban, in addition to dismissing my ban appeal as soon as I made it. Nonsensical considering he let me join coderbus and merged my pull request 2 or 3 days after I got banned. Bad ruling and abuse of admin privileges.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: [Oranges] doom2hellonearth - permabanned from #coding-general for a shitty reason

Post by Timberpoes » #591227

Posting in the coder fortress is generally considered a priviledge, not a right.

We reserve the right to ban people we don't like for any reason what-so-ever.

The tgstation codebase is separate from the server administration and we operate a different set of rules, despite sharing the tgstation Discord for convenience.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
doom2hellonearth
Byond Username: DOOM2HellOnEarth

Re: [Oranges] doom2hellonearth - permabanned from #coding-general for a shitty reason

Post by doom2hellonearth » #591228

Timberpoes wrote:Image

Posting in the coder fortress is generally considered a priviledge, not a right.

We reserve the right to ban people we don't like for any reason what-so-ever.
So then put that in the rules? That's also a badmin bullshit. I assume that the admin guidelines apply to the discord as well.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #591247

The Maintainers and Head Coders are not Game Admins and we are a separate power structure from the one you'd find on the game servers. Maintainers answer to the Head Coders. Head Coders answer to themselves, or if the case is serious enough possibly to the Host. Ordinary rules of admin conduct do not apply to Head Coders and Maintainers in the coding channels when it comes to who we do and do not let participate. You may be excluded from the coding channels by Head Coders for absolutely any reason - including no reason at all and including "this person just doesn't like you".

The Head Admins have no influence over the Head Coders or their decisions. The Head Admins have no say in who we do and do not allow to post in the coding-related channels.

I am also applying the Host ruling found in https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 54#p586754 to this complaint:
New host ruling: Admin's banning conduct can not be the subject of an admin complaint. That is what appeals are for, and the appeal leading to the ban being overturn is the minimum bar required before a complaint can be filed that references the ban conduct.
In addition, I see absolutely no issue with oranges' conduct. He and every other Head Coder and Maintainer are fully within their powers to exclude you from any of the coding channels for pretty much any reason. No Rules of Conduct that apply to the Head Coders on Discord were broken in applying this ban or denying the subsequent appeal.

Accordingly, I am denying this complaint and requesting this thread be closed.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #591253

no
Spoiler:
oranges isn't an admin and you aren't given a right to be in his coder channel. If you care enough to get it back, ask him nicely. Discord janitors have no purview there nor do the headmins. This is a policy question otherwise.