[StickyMayhem] Omega_DarkPotato - incredibly tasteless remarks

Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

[StickyMayhem] Omega_DarkPotato - incredibly tasteless remarks

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #606290

When and where this incident occurred (Game Server, forums, Discord): Discord, 10 AM EST July 9
Discord name: Omega_DarkPotato#1232
Admin: Stickymayhem / Sticky#7339
Details:
Before starting on any of the actual explanation of the event, I'm posting this here because I wasn't sure if just going up to a discord jannie was the right option since this was about an admin's post(s). Soooo it's here.

Setting is another good old day in politics-containment where Floran, Sticky, Autismal, and I are talking about the right wing in america/grifters/fascism/same shit you'd expect out of a political channel. I accidentally call autismal "asha", another member of the discord who frequently posts in politics-containment. They're both right-leaning people with a pretty similar style of argument and I've called both of them a variety of fun and family friendly names before for having shit takes, so I mixed 'em up.

Sticky then comments "I find it hard to distinguish between you as well, you're both extremely brainbroken rightoids", before continuing stating that the difference between asha and autismal is that "asha will kill himself" vs autismal who is going to "blow something up".
Double-taking after seeing an admin literally claiming that a decently active member of the discord will commit suicide, I say that it's incredibly tasteless and he shouldn't be essentially making bets on someone killing themselves because it's incredibly dickish.

Sticky doubles down and says "I wasn't making bets, I'm just saying taken to their logical extremes".

I'm no friend of asha, and I'm not about to get offended on someone else's regard, but I personally enjoy politics-containment most of the time and would rather prefer it stay a channel. Having actual admins claiming that someone "will kill themselves" doesn't help to make the channel look good and seems to be a pretty clear violation of rule 1.

If it was just left as an off-handed comment I wouldn't have made this, but sticky doubling down on "bro its not insanely tasteless its the logical extreme" annoys me.
Attached are snips of the comments in question.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: [StickyMayhem] Omega_DarkPotato - incredibly tasteless remarks

Post by Stickymayhem » #606292

Yeah fair enough this is extreme cringe sorry about that.

I wasn't trying to be dismissive I was saying I don't actually think anyone is going to kill themselves (hence not taking bets) and the "logical extreme" point was a incoherent explanation for the point that one of them hates themselves (at least, that's the meme) and one of them hates everyone else (also a meme)

It was too spicy and had you pulled me up on it again in chat I would have conceded it was shitty to say and explained the above but I appreciate you looking out for the rest of the channel and calling me out here for doing something bad even though we generally get on.

Edit: Oh god the "I wasn't taking bets" does definitely sound like "I AIN'T BETTING I GUARANTEE THAT'LL HAPPEN" I understand why it looks like a double down. 100% not the intent, I was saying "I 'm not betting on community members hurting themselves I was saying that it's hating others or hating yourself taken to the absolute extreme (neither person is that extreme)"
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #606294

Aight, that's all I wanted to hear man.

like I said, didn't know who to ask about this one so I just put it here, no intent to harm you as an admin or something like that - just wanted to say that I thought it was a tasteless comment that went a bit further than the general flavor of the channel.

whoever moderates admin complaints can move this one on to resolved or what-have-you since I'm happy with the resolution here.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #606363

Admin Complaints Forum Rules wrote:THIS BOARD IS FOR SPECIFIC INSTANCES OF MODERATION OR ADMINISTRATIVE POWER ABUSE.
Just saying something tasteless or excessively rude out of game while coincidentally being an in game admin doesn't fall under this
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #606451

Like I said, wasn't sure where to put this one. There is literally an upheld admin complaint about saying something on the discord, so I had assumed "admin actions on the discord should just go up here".
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #606452

It is true, the admin complaint for what I said on discord https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 53&t=27500 was upheld and handled despite me making PKP's exact point in that very thread.

The current precedent is that admins are liable for admin complaints despite not using admin powers and either the forum rules are outdated or something else very confusing is going on
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #606504

Armhulen wrote:It is true, the admin complaint for what I said on discord https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 53&t=27500 was upheld and handled despite me making PKP's exact point in that very thread.

The current precedent is that admins are liable for admin complaints despite not using admin powers and either the forum rules are outdated or something else very confusing is going on
The difference is you threatened to use powers (I cba to check if you actually had the ability to but I guess it doesn’t matter). I would imagine that’s a pretty important distinction vs being crass or abrasive which would put a lot more admins under fire lol.

In the future the “better” approach would just br to bring it up with a discord mod and treat it like anyone else said it.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #606510

Cobby wrote: In the future the “better” approach would just br to bring it up with a discord mod and treat it like anyone else said it.
yep, I know this now
Jimmius
Byond Username: Jimmius

Post by Jimmius » #606622

What Sticky said is wrong, but it's not a case of moderation or administrative power abuse. If an admin is being a dickhead in the discord without using any admin powers, it should be dealt with like any other member of the discord being a dickhead- ping the discord admin role and get it handled when it happens.

Headmin Votes:

Coconutwarrior97: Do not uphold.
Jimmius: Do not uphold.
Naloac: Do not uphold.