Paxilmaniac
Byond Username: Paxilmaniac

[Armhulenn] Paxilmaniac - lets spawn an ert because an antag killed the sm

Post by Paxilmaniac » #609005

When and where this incident occurred: Game server, Sybil
Byond account and character name OR Discord name: Paxilmaniac, Antheraea Uruma
Round ID: 166946
Detailed Summary:
Start the round as a traitor, and a few seconds after roundstart some blessed engineer buys a 357 and shoots the sm, making it delam at almost roundstart.
Following this, I killed a few people with carp to get their accesses, then head to arrivals, when an announcement appears that an ert is being sent.
Because I don't want to fight an ert, I go on the lower level (It's tram) and hide under the areas that don't have openspace above them.
A few minutes later, the entire ert appears down a ladder in front of me guns out, because why wouldn't the ert full of angry ghosts not know exactly where I was.
I die because how do you fight 5+ people with guns, batons, and ert armor, and ahelp about it.

The reasoning Armhulenn stated for the spawning of the ert was that the SM was gone, the station was full of holes, and the tram wasn't working, when really none of these three were really ert worthy, or simply false.

The SM was of course gone, but it was destroyed by an antag, and how exactly is an ert supposed to fix an SM that isn't there anymore? Not to mention that by this point, the SM had been destroyed some 20ish minutes ago.
The station was NOT in fact full of holes, instead all you could see what that two tiny bombs had gone off, one at evac and one near the hop line.
Lastly was the tram being gone, which simply wasn't true as it was fully functional and had literally no damage to it.

This was either follow by or prefaced with "It was only code blue", which really doesn't say anything, considering it's an ert that spawns with batons, eguns, a hardsuit with high armor, fuckin' medbeams, ACTUAL TASERS? , I mean just because it's not the strongest ert on the list doesn't mean it's not strong as fuck against single people.

I wouldn't be so upset about this if it wasn't handled the way it was, since the response and message I got from the entire thing was basically, "I spawned an overpowered ert to fix a problem that wasn't there, and you got killed by them, lol owned"
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: [Armhulenn] Paxilmaniac - lets spawn an ert because an antag killed the sm

Post by Armhulen » #609006

Paxilmaniac wrote: The SM was of course gone, but it was destroyed by an antag, and how exactly is an ert supposed to fix an SM that isn't there anymore?
A team with a sec officer, a medical doctor, and an engineer helps when the SM is destroyed by antags, a lot of people got killed very early, and for the engineers...
Paxilmaniac wrote: The station was NOT in fact full of holes, instead all you could see what that two tiny bombs had gone off, one at evac and one near the hop line.
...There's the engineer job. They were full fledged syndicate bombs, watched them get planted and go off with my own eyes
Paxilmaniac wrote: Lastly was the tram being gone, which simply wasn't true as it was fully functional and had literally no damage to it.
Some IRL clown playing actual clown roundstart walled it off and repeatedly called it east to west to east with a plasmaman, it wasn't usable by anyone for a good long while

The rest argues for itself, it is the job of the admins to not only moderate but act as dungeon masters for the round and with a ton of the station dead and the center of the station syndicate bombed it was a fine application. Anyways you're supposed to be a role model for the community and I was kinda hoping you'd act like it. (you know what I mean by that.)
Paxilmaniac

Post by Paxilmaniac » #609009

NOT to mention that this same ert was given the laser minigun to kill a blob (it died who could have foreseen this)
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #609010

wasn't me, that can be your second admin complaint
technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Post by technokek » #609025

This thread is against the rules.

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3855
Admin events are not something you file an official complaint about. They weren't before, and I'm not sure how it started, but they shouldn't be now either. From now on they are getting trashed. I'm not saying bad events aren't a thing, but they are never really going to result in problems.
cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #609029

technokek wrote:This thread is against the rules.

Admin events are not something you file an official complaint about. They weren't before, and I'm not sure how it started, but they shouldn't be now either. From now on they are getting trashed. I'm not saying bad events aren't a thing, but they are never really going to result in problems.
Is spawning an ert considered an admin event now?
► Show Spoiler
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #609042

cSeal wrote:
technokek wrote:This thread is against the rules.

Is spawning an ert considered an admin event now?
Spawning an ERT to deal with an IC problem(?) isn't really an event. Announcing "We've received your distress call, ERT incoming" and spawning an ERT loaded for doomsday despite it being a productive greenshift (it was a wrong address call oops) would be an event.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #609058

I'm not considering what I did an event. My events nearly always have custom code and sometimes custom mapping, so basically I have no complaints with the thread staying up
Paxilmaniac

Post by Paxilmaniac » #609066

Why'd I make this again?
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #609067

Closing this thread at the request of Paxilmaniac.