[Delaron] Yobihodazine - ban baiting

yobihodazine
Byond Username: Yobihodazine

[Delaron] Yobihodazine - ban baiting

Post by yobihodazine » #621878

When and where this incident occured (Game Server, forums, Discord): Game server
Byond account and character name OR Discord name: Yobihodazine - Chiron Reynolds
Admin: Delaron
ROUND ID HERE IF APPLICABLE: Dunno, got banned before i got it
Detailed summary:
There was some kind of traitor who released kudzu really early, ruined my traitor round, I was mad and asked about it, was told it was a traitor/antag. Okay.
Wait till end of round. No botanist traitor. People are saying it was a TC trade. I'm trying to find out, the admin instead dodges my questions, questions my mental health, and says I should work on improving myself? That's being kinda toxic to a guy who just wants answers. Now I'm real mad.
I get muted from OOC. I ask again, did they do a TC trade for it and who was it? I still get no answers. Cussed out the admin and they banned me for "extremely aggressive behavior and crude tone" which I never would have reached in the first place had I been given answers instead of the runaround.

The least you could do is NOT insult me in OOC, mute me there, and follow up by banning me for firing back in adminhelps. When I was an admin I did not insult players in OOC, period. Even if I was already told it was traitor/antag activities you'd think an admin could have a little more patience instead of gleefully allowing me to get angrier. HAVE SOME GODDAMN PROFESSIONALISM. Thanks for listening to my ted talk.
delaron
Byond Username: Delaron

Re: [Delaron] Yobihodazine - ban baiting

Post by delaron » #621884

I have received the complaint and will defer to the Head Admins judgment. The round in question regarding any Kudzu activity was 174677 and the round the conversations took place was Round 174681.

I have full conversation logs should they need to be shared.
-------
I'm not smart enough to meme.
Donpedrito
Byond Username: Donpedrito

Post by Donpedrito » #621886

Some relevant information:
Kudzu is not a botanist traitor-exclusive item; it's acquired by using Unstable Mutagen on a plant tray that has lots of weeds in it, which means anyone with access to Mutagen and a tray can make it, even if they're another job, another kind of antagonist, or even a non-antagonist (though for obvious reasons releasing kudzu as a non-antagonist will likely get that player in trouble).
Also, someone who TC trades for an antagonist will still show in the end of round report, so if a botanist had traded to become a traitor, they would have been visible there.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #621907

Donpedrito wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:32 pm Some relevant information:
Kudzu is not a botanist traitor-exclusive item; it's acquired by using Unstable Mutagen on a plant tray that has lots of weeds in it, which means anyone with access to Mutagen and a tray can make it, even if they're another job, another kind of antagonist, or even a non-antagonist (though for obvious reasons releasing kudzu as a non-antagonist will likely get that player in trouble).
Also, someone who TC trades for an antagonist will still show in the end of round report, so if a botanist had traded to become a traitor, they would have been visible there.
Also relevant is that on every(?) map, there are botany trays or dirt mounds in public gardens and/or maintenance areas for enterprising antags; this means everyone has access to a tray, so getting Unstable Mutagen (which tbh isn't that hard) is the only real hurdle.
delaron

Post by delaron » #621976

I did some additional digging and here are all the relevant points that I can add to this complaint.

1. There was an admin run Kudzu event kicked off by Paxilmaniac. Will need context from them on the extent of the Kudzu event.
2. I joined as an observing admin mid round.
3. Yobihodazine opened an ahelp asking about Kudzu
4. I replied as the only listed online admin at the time explaining kudzu can come from traitor actions. It was an active round and I generally avoid providing too much detail regarding ongoing rounds. believing I was the only active admin online and knowing I didn't spawn kudzu I decided to leave it open/vague as to its origins.
5. Yobihodazine begun to complain in dead chat and then ooc chat after round end about the kudzu.
6. It got to a point that I address Yobihodazine directly in OOC that it might serve them better to self reflect on their rage in an effort to improve their mental health.
7 This dialog was return with hostile and general vulgar retorts.
8 At this point Jaredfogle ooc muted Yobihodazine
9. Yobihodazine created an ahelp to continue the inquiry about the kudzu event.
10. I replied that they shouldn't assume anything regarding the event and offered to help them in looking at the logs.
11. This was met with additional barrages of bad attitude and more vulgar language which resulted in a 1 hour ban in an effort to disengage and remove them from the situation.

-------
delaron

Post by delaron » #621981

My personal take-a-ways after reviewing the logs and the full scope of this complaint.

I will be more mindful to clearly stating when I am being purposefully vague in ahelps regarding ongoing rounds.
I will avoid quick hunch replies regarding state of game rounds if I don't specifically know the circumstances of said state.

I stand by my dialog choices for advocating self reflection and pursuing positive mental health. I also stand by my decision regarding the 1 hour ban.
-------
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #621994

Hi, I muted you because you were passing on dead chat + OOC salt from last round into this next round, and I felt it more productive to mute you rather than personally ignore you, as nobody was even really replying to you, you were just being toxic.

OOC logs of that round for context, filtered by me, Delaron, and you:
OOC: Yobihodazine/(Yobihodazine) "yes great admin event" (start area (8,174,1))
OOC: Yobihodazine/(Yobihodazine) "thumbs up" (start area (8,174,1))
OOC: Yobihodazine/(Yobihodazine) "by great i mean gayest shit ever" (start area (8,174,1))
OOC: Yobihodazine/(Yobihodazine) "so who did it" (start area (8,174,1))
OOC: Yobihodazine/(Yobihodazine) "who do i direct my rage at" (start area (8,174,1))
OOC: Jaredfogle/(Jaredfogle) "my traitor round. RUINED." (start area (8,174,1))
OOC: Jaredfogle/(Jaredfogle) ">:(" (start area (8,174,1))
OOC: Yobihodazine/(Yobihodazine) "exactly" (start area (8,174,1))
OOC: Delaron/(Delaron) "Who did what Yobihodazine? Maybe reflect on why you have rage and seek self improvement and mental health" (start area (8,174,1))
OOC: Yobihodazine/(Yobihodazine) "Okay delaron go fuck yourself" (start area (8,174,1))
OOC: Yobihodazine/(Yobihodazine) "im gonna assume it was you then" (start area (8,174,1))
OOC: Delaron/(Delaron) "Further proving my point that an issue you have might require additional self reflection. Please do not make assumptions." (start area (8,174,1))
OOC: Yobihodazine/(Yobihodazine) "wow you talk so smart" (start area (8,174,1))
OOC: Yobihodazine/(Yobihodazine) "im asking hte same thing" (start area (8,174,1))
OOC: Yobihodazine/(Yobihodazine) "this dumbshit admin is dodging me" (start area (8,174,1))
OOC: Yobihodazine/(Yobihodazine) "fuck yall who think that kudzu was kosher" (start area (8,174,1))
OOC: Yobihodazine/(Yobihodazine) "i wanna know who did it" (start area (8,174,1))
OOC: Yobihodazine/(Yobihodazine) "so i can complain about it" (start area (8,174,1))
OOC: Yobihodazine/(Chiron Reynolds) "why is the admin dodging questions abotu it" (Medbay Central (170,94,2))
OOC: Yobihodazine/(Chiron Reynolds) "I dont understand it because they wont explain" (Aft Central Primary Hallway (166,95,2))
OOC: Yobihodazine/(Chiron Reynolds) "obviously" (Aft Central Primary Hallway (166,95,2))
OOC: Yobihodazine/(Chiron Reynolds) "yeah, and i wanna know who accepted it" (Aft Central Primary Hallway (166,95,2))
OOC: Yobihodazine/(Chiron Reynolds) "not a hard question to answer" (Aft Central Primary Hallway (166,95,2))
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
yobihodazine

Post by yobihodazine » #621998

For the record I am a happy person who allows himself to be angry on occasion. I think that comment about my mental health was uncalled for and insincere.
yobihodazine

Post by yobihodazine » #621999

So it was an event. I was getting all kinds of shit trying to figure that out, only to be told it wasn't and then banned.
delaron

Post by delaron » #622002

yobihodazine wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:46 pm For the record I am a happy person who allows himself to be angry on occasion. I think that comment about my mental health was uncalled for and insincere.
Please do not assume I am being insincere, I am genuinely a proponent of positive mental health and reducing rage over thing that are not vital to life. My suggestions came with no declarations to your mental health. The amount of vitriol and quick fire antagonistic rage over a 2d Spessmans game was concerning to me. I can understand being angry when things don't go the way you want and was genuinely trying to help with both your concerns/questions as well as your overall wellbeing. Your absolutely allowed to rage and express yourself however you want but that doesn't free you from follow up consequences nor does it invalidate my ability to react.
-------
yobihodazine

Post by yobihodazine » #622005

I was not directing any of that vitriol at you until you decided to play psychologist. Being upset is a natural thing in a game like this. Act like an admin and don't be sententious.
yobihodazine

Post by yobihodazine » #622006

AND I WAS RIGHT ABOUT IT BEING A GODDAMN EVENT. Though I'd forgotten during my tirade that kudzu is so easy to make anyway.
yobihodazine

Post by yobihodazine » #622009

OOC mute
Message to yobihodazine "you're being very angry and aggressive and I need you to calm down until we get all the information"
Easy as that dude. Would be better than what you said. My mental state is none of your damn business especially right then.
delaron

Post by delaron » #622018

Something the ooc logs posted don't show is how rapid fire you were. I was actively looking up details and your toxic behavior only served to slow the process down and derail the next round. Your mental state became everyone's business when you started publicly toxic posting.

You know what else is easy? Looking up the logs and not posting absolute garbage attacks. I offered to help because 1. it provides you the tool moving forward to help yourself and 2. I was already log diving trying to sort out what went down.

A core component to being sententious might apply here but it isn't without merit and my concern continues to be genuinely meant. You seem to operate under the assumption that your commands must be followed. I will continue to look after yours and everyone's mental health and wellbeing as long as they are playing in game.

With that I have said any constructive words I have in my defense. I step back and will wait for a head admins ruling.
-------
yobihodazine

Post by yobihodazine » #622019

I don't expect my commands to be followed and I'm sorry for being a dick
tattle
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by tattle » #622171

Delaron was more than patient with you despite your bombardment of abusive language. This is no way to talk to anyone, admin or player.

You were let off very lightly with an hour ban.

Headmin Votes:
Dragomagol: Do not uphold
RaveRadbury: Do not uphold
NamelessFairy: Do not uphold
Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler: