Post by iamgoofball » #651414

When and where this incident occured (Game Server, forums, Discord): Discord
Byond account and character name OR Discord name: Blutarch Mann#1457
Admin: MrStonedOne#9498
ROUND ID HERE IF APPLICABLE: N/A
Detailed summary:
Video of relevant logs:
https://file.house/yyxH.mp4
I was minding my own business discussing wire hacking's interface being not the best for folks with dyslexia in the chat, and I suggest that wirehacking should have a visual component instead of just only text, and use the hit game Among Us (2018)'s wire fixing minigame as an example, when MSO rolls into the discussion opening with a random, no reason given 24 hour timeout on my account.
As you can see, he applies a 24 hour timeout and then proceeds to state his opinion on game design.

I'd like to note 2 things here.
1. No reason or rules violation was given for the timeout, he simply timed me out for 24 hours and then began discussing his opinions on game design in relation to whether or not things should be minigame-y.
His discussions as to whether or not the video game should be minigame-y is irrelevant until he states otherwise as to assume it's related to the ban would be in violation of 1B as he didn't explicitly state in the timeout that he timed me out because of his opinions on game design.
2. The message he replied to, "think amogus wires", contains no rules violations. In all 13 of the rules on the discord, none of the rules say that we can't discuss the award winning hit game Among Us (2018) in reference to the game design direction of Space Station 13. Please direct me to the rule that makes "think amogus wires" a violation of the rules.

In the interest of full disclosure, I did attempt to reach out to MSO to divine some reasoning for the 24 hour timeout via PMs on the off-chance he just forgot to put the reason in, but he did not reply.

Later on during his game design debate with the maintainers, he removed my timeout wordlessly.

As this was a severe overreach of administrative authority and no rules of the discord were violated by suggesting we consider analyzing award winning mobile game of the year Among Us (2018), along with no reason actually being provided by the admin applying the timeout, I'd like to ask that MSO be reprimanded for abuse of powers and/or at least explain what rule I violated by saying "think amogus wires" that deserved a 24 hour timeout.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: [MrStonedOne] Iamgoofball - 24 hour timeout for discussing wire hacking

Post by oranges » #651429

>explain what rule I violated by saying "think amogus wires" that deserved a 24 hour timeout.

You've been very annoying the past few days
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #651434

oranges wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:54 pm >explain what rule I violated by saying "think amogus wires" that deserved a 24 hour timeout.

You've been very annoying the past few days
okay
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #651483

This is not a complaint that can be resolved by the headmin team.

Whether MSO was justified in muting you because he disagrees with what you're saying or implying in the coding channels is a matter between him and the Maintainers/Headcoders, if they even care.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin