General Thrax - Syndiebombed evac because of like 2 people

EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

General Thrax - Syndiebombed evac because of like 2 people

Post by EmpressMaia » #652883

Round: 190930

Around an hour into the shift, an engineer or someone loads a ton of items into a transit tube network, lagging the server, people started gathering around to watch what was happening.
General thrax deleted a tile to stop people, then they didnt stop, then general thax syndie bombed the tubes, which was departures. which resulted in evac, the chapel, and science going kablooey. it husted and delimbed me, killed and delimbed several others, and injured others

if a few people are lagging the server bwoink them instead of bombing evac and forcing a shuttle call
General Thrax
Byond Username: GeneralThrax

Re: General Thrax - Syndiebombed evac because of like 2 people

Post by General Thrax » #652886

Thought I'd clarify on a few things since I think there's some important details you weren't there to see. I sent a small missile (1/1/1) to damage the tube and told the 3-5 builders nearby to cease with Osay (I assumed they'd see it since I was waiting for a period of little conversation, but apparently not). Afterwards, they quickly rebuilt it and I sent a Centcom announcement telling them to stand back (they didn't), launching a roughly 3/10/15 missile in an open area next to the machine with max fall delay to ensure people could get away in time. Some people ignored the massive fuckoff red X and Centcom announcement and just stood there gawking at it. I specifically aimed it so that only departures would be severely damaged. RND front window, genetics, and chapel were only partially damaged.

The machine raised time dilation from 5% average to around 30%, and they expressed interest in continuing after I disabled it the first time. Not really sure what they were expecting. Think you just walked in the wrong place at the wrong time.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #652887

Ah I thought it was worse. I killed Me when it detonated and I was standing at the sci entrance
General Thrax
Byond Username: GeneralThrax

Post by General Thrax » #652888

You might've ran towards departures just after leaving sci, you would've been just on the edge of it to be hit.
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #652925

I wonder how you raise td that high with transit tubes. Or disposals for that matter really
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #652926

TheFinalPotato wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:59 pm I wonder how you raise td that high with transit tubes. Or disposals for that matter really
Typically something like 100 glass shards and conveyor belt to reload them into the mechanism. If you want to get extra fancy throw a money in there so that it has to deal with damage too.
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #652928

you mean uh, disposal pipes?
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #653277

This seems to have resolved itself in discussion.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.