[Trexter555] Potential Admin Abuse over "Event", would like full story.

Feasel
Byond Username: Riastlin

[Trexter555] Potential Admin Abuse over "Event", would like full story.

Post by Feasel » #655204

ROUND: Sybil 193377

I was a freshly converted revolutionary when the "event" began. It apparently involved Brick Mortar (known as Evergreen his borg name) becoming a wizard borg. I didn't fully believe he was a wizard because it seemed odd, probably just a funny wizard hat and rename. Whatever.

My questioning is over the event after I had killed Brick Mortar (Evergreen), with the agreement of my headrev, and brought the body to Robotics so I could work on subverting borgs to the Revolution.

Trexter or Brick, I didn't see Brick re-admin so I'm assuming in good faith Brick didn't do it, despawned the borg. Despawned the MMI so I couldn't even question. Spawned Brick Mortar in to say a funny one-liner, I guess, and then gibbed me.... leaving me round removed extremely early.

I did ahelp to question why but I was kinda brushed aside and was gonna accept it but it felt extremely off. Like I don't think this meets the standards of admin conduct on TG to just gib people for following their roles, specially as an antagonist whose goal is to cause sad/bad endings to people.

https://tgstation13.download/dip/discordimageproxy.php/attachments/ ... y8F79a.png

I'm sending this complaint in so I can have the full story and why it was acceptable/valid. Because it feels off and wrong the longer I sit about thinking/brooding over it. It feels like an abuse of administrative powers over a player who was in the full right by roleplay standards and whatnot to do what was done.
trexter555
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Trexter555

Re: [Trexter555] Potential Admin Abuse over "Event", would like full story.

Post by trexter555 » #655206

hi, i'm the admin in question that did this "event". brick won the pray 4 fun contest, and wanted to be a wizard borg, so i made him a wizardborg. approximately two minutes after he arrived on station, and before casting any spells, you flashed and killed him near arrivals. then brick ahelped and traded his wizard status, his borg status, his "everything" status (hence why i completely deleted him) to gib you, which i accepted. i'm sorry you felt wronged by what happened, i can understand getting gibbed out of nowhere can feel extremely shitty, and i'm sorry for doing that. thinking it over, there definitely could've been a better way to deal with what happened, and you have my personal assurance that this will not happen again.
Feasel
Byond Username: Riastlin

Post by Feasel » #655258

I would say that I personally do not approve and would not approve someone using up their "event/antagonistic" status in that round or potentially a future round to instantly gib someone. I personally feel like it goes against admin conduct due to the nature of being potentially or in my case instantly kicked out of the round for 30+ minutes through no fault of my own IC-ly, specially learning how it is like first hand. Using the token or event status to do such a thing is potentially soft "banning" a player specially if it happens at round start. It sounds funny or based but it's not to the player who has been targeted by this as it leaves a sore note to them towards the administration and community.

I will not push this complaint any further because I have gotten the full story that I wanted and that the nature of the admin was in good faith to the ahelping victim as well as good faith shown to me in this ticket. I understand you're a trial admin so I know that we're all learning. Hell, you poked me over misunderstandings I had earlier about some IC-conflicts that I'll try to apply to myself instead of rushing to my own conclusions.

I do accept the apology and I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors. Thank you for being reasonable and understanding!

You can close the ticket now, whoever's in charge of this. I'm satisfied with the outcome.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #655266

Resolving this per the complainant's wishes