[ShockShard]Richard Creech - Spawning Murderboning Antagonist During A Greenshift.

vectercx
Byond Username: Vecter cx

[ShockShard]Richard Creech - Spawning Murderboning Antagonist During A Greenshift.

Post by vectercx » #659077

When and where this incident occured (Game Server, forums, Discord): TG Manuel

Byond account and character name OR Discord name: Vecter cx | Madelyn Finch
Admin: ShockShard
ROUND ID HERE IF APPLICABLE: 196259
Detailed summary: During a greenshift on Kilostation, ShockShard triggered an Ion Storm that had laws that caused the prompt deaths of over 4 different staff members. This led to medical consisting of solely me after the the CMO had left, needing to revive four different individuals.

This wasnt the problem, the problem, is that not to long after ShockShard spawned a Slaughter Demon for no reason in particular which caused the the entirety of medbay to be lost as corpses piled up due to me having no chance of treating them given the demon going absolutely ham.

[2022-12-14 08:51:53.213] ADMIN: ShockShard/(Richard Creech) has triggered an event. (Spawn Slaughter Demon)
https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/196 ... fined-7309

Now all things considered, admin intervention during greenshifts is not something i typically mind, however when the events that unfold become more chaotic then if they were to be a black orbit makes things incredibly unfun. The entire time it was just a stress filled, unfun, non sensical shift that had no reason to be that excessively tampered with. At what point does the fun the admin has messing with the players, become more important than the players enjoyment of the shift? Not everyone likes greenshifts, so doing things to make them more interesting for all players involved can be quite nice, but if those things aren't thought thoroughly through, then it just lead to rounds like this where half the people involved got RR'ed because an admin had a bit too much fun with his spawn button.
ShockShard
Byond Username: ShockShard

Re: [ShockShard]Richard Creech - Spawning Murderboning Antagonist During A Greenshift.

Post by ShockShard » #659101

Salutations, Vector CX.

I apologize that you did not have an enjoyable experience during the round. Looking at the situation, the Ion Law AI stopped after a certain point, sitting idly on the whiteship and providing minimal to no harm. During this time, all antagonists were either in Perma or Dead, and a few ghosts were floating around, so I spawned the Slaughter Demon as a way to inject something interesting into the round as everything else had been dealt with or had gone idle. Looking at the Deadchat feedback and Endgame feedback, most of the active players seemed to enjoy what was occurring, and were even joking when RR'd. I will keep this complaint in mind when injecting mid-round events into shifts in the future, though it seems most people had no issue and enjoyed the situation that had occurred.
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Re: [ShockShard]Richard Creech - Spawning Murderboning Antagonist During A Greenshift.

Post by dragomagol » #659128

We generally don't allow complaints about admin events, unless there was some kind of egregious case of abuse. This kind of feedback tends to go in the admin's feedback thread.
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #660931

Admins doing things that lead to death shouldn't lead to a complaint, that's just the game happening. Round removal isn't the end of the world
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #661871

We will not be upholding this complaint. Admins are allowed to spawn antags that they feel would benefit the round and green shifts do not prevent them from doing so. Shockshard has also chosen to take your feedback into consideration for future antag spawns.

Rave: Do not uphold
San: Do not uphold
Spook: Do not uphold