TerrariaKing

[COMPLAINT] [<WalterTruck>] <TerrariaKing>

Post by TerrariaKing » #669067

BYOND account: <TerrariaKing>
Character name: <NOT APPLICABLE>
Admin in question: <WalterTruck.>
When did it take place: <2023-03-11 00:26:50>
Round ID in which ban was placed: <201586>
Evidence: <Read the logs please, all the evidence is in a quick exchange between us.>
Your side of the story: Joined a new server with a new account and got harassed and entrapped into a ban.
<Explain what happened in your own words.>I created a new byond account with a new computer I have because I forgot the old one's info and wanted to join a new server I have not played on before. Upon my arrival to the server, I was asked to fill out a questionnaire. I answered the questions honestly and gave some servers I played on as reference. I waited a few minutes to join but was instead boinked by the admin with the name of Walter Truck. The exchange started out friendly enough, but soon became an interrogation with him entrapping me with questions and making assumptions, which ultimately resulted in him grasping at straws and banning me. I gave him reasons to my account creation, which he ultimately didn't like and called me a liar when I was telling him the truth. With all the access to my information, I would have hoped it would have been a little more professional, but given his tone, it came out as harassment and not a good image for such a large server.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: [COMPLAINT] [<WalterTruck>] <TerrariaKing>

Post by Timberpoes » #669068

I've moved this out of the appeals subforum and into the complaints forum where it belongs.

viewtopic.php?p=619336#p619336
MrStonedOne wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:40 am Alright, this is getting old, so im gonna end it once and for all.

New host ruling: Admin's banning conduct can not be the subject of an admin complaint. That is what appeals are for, and the appeal leading to the ban being overturn is the minimum bar required before a complaint can be filed that references the ban conduct.

You already have an appeal up, headmins know about it. Leave it at that.
Our server host does not permit complaints against admins for banning conduct unless the ban is overturned on appeal. You must wait for your appeal at viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33567 to be resolved first.

This can be re-opened if 1. you get unbanned and 2. you still wish to pursue the complaint.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: [COMPLAINT] [<WalterTruck>] <TerrariaKing>

Post by Timberpoes » #680353

WalterTruck opted not to continue with the ban appeal in the end, and Cheshify took it over for them. At a glance, this was simply a case of miscommunication and your appeal was accepted after that was cleared up. I don't really think there's anything here that could really form the basis for a valid complaint even with the appeal being technically overturned, and I'll explain why before I send this off.

Contextually, our public bans page https://tgstation13.org/tgdb/publicbans.php is usually dominated by banning either evader accounts or alt accounts.

Connecting with a brand new byond account while having pre-existing experience is one of the many alarm bells that may cause admins to undertake more in-depth questioning of players. The aim is usually to figure out how likely a player is to be an evader or if they're an alt to find out what their other accounts are in accordance with our "you can only play here on one account" rules.

In general when there's any ambiguity or confusion about whether a player is evading or using an alt or anything, we may ban them as a temporary measure and bring them to the forums where a more thorough discussion can be held.

This is all basically standard operating procedure, in other words.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin