gueba14
Byond Username: Gueba14

[Harricross] player name - Admin major inteferance

Post by gueba14 » #672376

User: Gueba14

Round id:202327

Map: Ice Box Station

Admin in question: Harricross

Complaint: Admin joined the server and started deleting all the kudzu vines that were planted around the station that had compleatly good perks (list):CO2 consuming, Timid, Vine eating, Light, Cold proof, Plasma consuming, Temperature stabilisation, Fire proof, transparent.

His reason for doing so says its that it was messing with the atmos subsystem (wich makes sense since they work as an independant atmos system cleaning the air and temperature), was laggin the server by his say, and that sepectators were complaining.

Ive planted benefical kudzu around the station multiple rounds and this is the first time an admin has come and deleted them out of those reasons. I find that he didnt ask first and just started deleting them and only breafly stoped when he was asked to stop.

i leave this coomplaint as a user of the game that has played the game for many years, has been banned and unbanned (never permanently) and has done events. this admin interfered with the round in major way doing what i would put as admin abuse of poweres, my reason as to tinking this is that vines have never lagged the server up to such a bad point that people need to complaint before in my years of playing the game and least of all have been deleted for such reason.

And just as foot note, he asked me to stop planting them, i tried to reason with them and they shut me down saying that he said to stop (i did) and a sent a message that he does not care what i say after that.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Re: [Harricross] player name - Admin major inteferance

Post by Cheshify » #672380

Hi there I mass-deleted the kudzu because it was causing massive lag (while talking to other admins telling them to ask you to stop) It had the following traits:
"CO2 consuming - Timid - Vine eating - Light - Cold proof - Plasma consuming - Temperature stabilisation - Fire proof - Transparent"
I deleted about 7000~ total items over the 2-3 deletes it took. Kudzu can cause lag, especially with the light sources stacking over each other.
Here's the ticket
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Harricross
Byond Username: Harricross

Post by Harricross » #672381

We deleted the kudzu because it's a known fact that things that mess with atmospherics on a wide scale tend to lag the server to a slideshow and upon further investigation with confirmation from the headcoder, kudzu that affects light adds even more lag to the server on top of a map that already has massive time dilation issues (Ice Box Station). The team was taking steps to solve possible lag issues and we've noticed you planting kudzu fairly often to the point where it engulfed a majority of the station.
Ive planted benefical kudzu around the station multiple rounds and this is the first time an admin has come and deleted them out of those reasons. I find that he didnt ask first and just started deleting them and only breafly stoped when he was asked to stop.
Just because you've done it before, does not mean we cannot step in if it's causing significant issues. Also, for the record we did not stop.
i leave this coomplaint as a user of the game that has played the game for many years, has been banned and unbanned (never permanently) and has done events. this admin interfered with the round in major way doing what i would put as admin abuse of poweres, my reason as to tinking this is that vines have never lagged the server up to such a bad point that people need to complaint before in my years of playing the game and least of all have been deleted for such reason.
I'm sorry, myself and several others have a very vague understanding of what you're trying to say in this jumble of words and I'd like to ask that you revise it to a more clear paragraph before I can respond to it.
And just as foot note, he asked me to stop planting them, i tried to reason with them and they shut me down saying that he said to stop (i did) and a sent a message that he does not care what i say after that.
You replied and planted another seed, hence another prompt from me asking you to stop.

04:54:02: PM From Harricross/(space carp): You're lagging the server, please stop.
04:54:10: Reply PM from-Gueba14/(Caleb Alice): no way thats true
04:54:19 [0x201e84e] (0,0,0) || The pack of kudzu seeds was planted by gueba14/(Caleb Alice) at Central Primary Hallway (121,112,4)
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #672382

https://tgstation13.download/parsed-log ... und-202327

Code: Select all

[2023-03-23 04:53:27.717] ADMIN: Cheshify/(Cera Beruse) deleted all objects of type /obj/structure/spacevine (4209 objects deleted) 
[2023-03-23 04:54:31.238] ADMIN: Cheshify/(Cera Beruse) deleted all objects of type /obj/structure/spacevine (1725 objects deleted) 
[2023-03-23 04:54:52.456] ADMIN: Cheshify/(Cera Beruse) deleted all objects of type /obj/structure/spacevine (648 objects deleted) 
[2023-03-23 04:55:38.410] ADMIN: Cheshify/(Cera Beruse) deleted all objects of type /obj/structure/spacevine (244 objects deleted)
Last edited by Cheshify on Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
gueba14
Byond Username: Gueba14

Post by gueba14 » #672385

i can say with out a doubt that after the message"It's diferent when it becomes a universal problem for people that did not consent. Observers inculded. Again, stop means stop and that's final. i don't care what else you have to say." i did not plant one more seed of kudzu the entire round.
Harricross
Byond Username: Harricross

Post by Harricross » #672387

When the first message is a very clear, "stop" that means stop. You weren't noted or banned, we just cleared your kudzu.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #672390

Can the admins here post the profiler results in question proving the kudzu was lagging the server?
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #672396

When servers start having issues, admins are fully empowered to investigate and start deleting game entities that may contribute to time dilation and poor server performance.

They may also ask players to stop doing things that may be contributing lag in those shifts.

Disagreeing with admins attempting to debug or fix laggy shifts is not valid grounds for a complaint.

This is a genuine waste of time. You didn't even get a note.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #672563

This complaint is being unanimously dismissed as it is without merit.

Poes: ^
Kieth4: Admins made good faith attempt to fix lag, no merit
Misdoubtful: No care
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin