Swavementa
Byond Username: Cingemasterb

[Omega_DarkPotato] Actually retarded

Post by Swavementa » #686320

When and where this incident occurred (Game Server, forums, Discord): Discord
Byond account and character name OR Discord name: Cosmodeus#5561
Admin: Omega_DarkPotato#1232
ROUND ID HERE IF APPLICABLE: N/A
Detailed summary: Not sure why this individual feels so confident in banning random people on discord from time to time without warning or context. Where did you guys finds him? He basically banned me from the discord for just not liking me personally instead of blocking me as you guys tell so many others who legit harass, tell others to kill themselves, or even threaten to kill others. The ridiculous thing about this social outcast who rarely speaks unless banning people is that they used the excuse of "quality control" which was previously used to ban a player playing on the server because they weren't using conventional methods of roleplay.

What I fail to understand is why omega_darkpotato needs a position of power to be abusive(this will be taken out of context) yet can't be honest about the reason they want to ban someone. This idiot isn't even a head admin yet he bans people for talking in help to "other admins" a day or two, one time a whole week after the conversation. I'm sure he would have muted anybody else, but I suppose this individual has decided to leverage their status in the community when convinced to do so as they certainly have never had a clear conversation with me other than being an awkward third wheel. None of you admins remember where you come from (this is just a discord channel online). You "volunteer" to do something you then turn around and brag about it being for free when you've legit gatekept admin status from the inception of the server as soon as you first had the chance.

The purpose of me saying things to the admins in the manner of which I had was that I myself was harassed continuously in the following manners and merely told to "block" people.

-Called childish by a single member of staff because that was the only ad hominem they had in their vocabulary
-Called chatGPT for using words that the illiterate admin team couldn't comprehend
-Told to kill myself by many other members
-Told that I would be killed by many other members
-Had three or more people legitimately play stupid when fishing for personal identifiable information(this is potentially a felony crime yet isn't taken seriously)

How about just blocking people like you tell others instead of being fucking hypocates and banning me because you can't take the same bullshit you've let others dealt and ignored? Remember that I didn't volunteer yet you held me to standards you don't even hold yourselves(<-dialect term for ourselves which removes myself from the target) accountable for. Do any of you not believe you'll need to be subjugated to the rules of others ever in your life? Are you all so privileged that you're completely above that possibility? You all literally make rules against having people hurt your feelings yet ignore others to the point that there's a real chance discord has banned some of your users before you have over committing actual crimes.

And for the record I did block a LOT of people and refused to talk to them which likely only increased the problems as people trying to harass me unpunished would need to find new ways to do so if they were blocked. In fact this is probably how omega_darkpotato go eventually peer pressured into not even giving me some kind of warning before a ban and made sure it was within certain time constraints that admins have to follow. Here's the crazy thing; It's difficult to keep the same in game account name because I'll just straight up get banned without reason and have to work twice as hard to get half as far because I'm clearly an easy enough target omega dark needs zero excuse to ban me. Can you imagine that you people literally end up as real world judges? Can you imagine that the United States is ran by people who likely act just the same way you guys act and yet you go to polcon and continuously complain "US government this" "US government that". Appreciate what you have while you have it(this will be chitwooded(taken) out of context). I knew it was a matter of time before /tg/ staff would be influenced by yogstation. How about you guys ban yourselves for not walking on eggshells and curate each others ban appeals and show me what quality they would have other than exaggerated antisocial flexing.

I can predict two things from the responses I'll get from admins.

1. This will be responded with harassing messages from admins who fail to "quality control" themselves
2. The reply will be dismisses of any responsibilities or context

Remember I didn't have to be deceptive when I communicated with you and I'm not even in a pretend position of authority.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: [Omega_DarkPotato] Actually retarded

Post by Timberpoes » #686325

viewtopic.php?p=619336#p619336
MrStonedOne wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:40 am Alright, this is getting old, so im gonna end it once and for all.

New host ruling: Admin's banning conduct can not be the subject of an admin complaint. That is what appeals are for, and the appeal leading to the ban being overturn is the minimum bar required before a complaint can be filed that references the ban conduct.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: [Omega_DarkPotato] Actually retarded

Post by Timberpoes » #686326

Either appeal the ban or don't, but I will reveal for Omega's benefit that the headmin team were asked about whether a ban could be placed against you in advance. All three of us responded to that request. None of us rejected the idea.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin