ADMINS: NOT ENOUGH EMERGENCY, WE ARE RECALLING SHUTTLE

Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

ADMINS: NOT ENOUGH EMERGENCY, WE ARE RECALLING SHUTTLE

Post by Oldman Robustin » #82841

Fuck this and fuck anyone who does this (Miauw62 and Fayrik).

Forcing a captain to justify his shuttle decision to admins (as Centcom) and the admins finding it unworthy and forcing a recall is the dumbest goddamn thing.

I wasn't even part of the heads in this particular round, I played no role in the shuttle decision, but seeing the captain having one of his few areas of authority stripped from him because admins didn't think there were enough dead people or clowns with all access to justify a shuttle is absurd. Admins can influence a round indirectly but outright playing the role of captain and deciding when the shuttle comes is an area that should stay outside of admin control absent very special circumstances.

Bombs had gone off, HoPling had given out enough all-access to make it impossible to contain or control, there were confirmed abductions. This wasn't a case of calling the shuttle ASAP for no raisins, round had gone on for an hour and the crew wanted off the wild ride. Admins have no business deciding to extend the round at their sole discretion.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: ADMINS: NOT ENOUGH EMERGENCY, WE ARE RECALLING SHUTTLE

Post by Stickymayhem » #82842

Wrong forum. Try Admin Complaint and formatting it properly.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #82843

I've done this before.

There is a box where you are suppose to put in the reason for the shuttle call. I have repeatedly recalled shuttles that had jokes or nonsense in that box.

That being said, anything else is ic, and admins shouldn't be interfering unless running an event.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Lovecraft
Byond Username: Rabukurafuto

Post by Lovecraft » #82849

MrStonedOne wrote:There is a box where you are suppose to put in the reason for the shuttle call. I have repeatedly recalled shuttles that had jokes or nonsense in that box.
What are some examples of this?
Friendly reminder that you are beautiful and this server would be nothing without your continued support
I play August Finster, a suave midget with a grudge, as well as Francis Heart, the naked guitarist of the Cosmos.
Spoiler:
Nobody is worthless. PM me anytime to talk.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #82851

I'm normally a big fan of shuttle calls at basically any time, so muh bias, but I totally agree. Barring an avalanche of 'admins pls stop this guy from shuttle-spamming us' from people who legitimately haven't had enough SS13 yet, we (admins) shouldn't send it back.
RIP
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #82869

The crew has 5 minutes to force the ai to let them on the bridge to recall it so I don't see a reason for admins to get involved.

When was this round so we can look up the logs?
Lovecraft
Byond Username: Rabukurafuto

Post by Lovecraft » #82873

Tsaricide wrote:The crew has 5 minutes to force the ai to let them on the bridge to recall it so I don't see a reason for admins to get involved.
From general experience if the AI is in favor of a shuttle call they will just front "Law 1" and shut down the bridge APC.
Friendly reminder that you are beautiful and this server would be nothing without your continued support
I play August Finster, a suave midget with a grudge, as well as Francis Heart, the naked guitarist of the Cosmos.
Spoiler:
Nobody is worthless. PM me anytime to talk.
Fayrik
Byond Username: Fayrik

Post by Fayrik » #82877

Tsaricide wrote:When was this round so we can look up the logs?
I'm guessing around 12pm or 1pm server time, somewhere around then.

I've also got so many opinions I want to vent right here, however I'm going to hold back until I've got a focused frame of mind on the matter.
I will point out however, that I only recalled once while trying to establish exactly what was so bad with the station through command reports.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #82884

I dunno if this really warrants a complaint. If an admin did this habitually (or even, kinda irregularly) sure, but a one time instance of the shuttle being recalled once? Ehhhhhhh. Did people die? Were people's experiences of the game absolutely ruined because of this? Was the extra 5 minutes or so (I'm assuming) of round time really that painful?
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #82888

I've force recalled the shuttle a few times for things like when the reason is "ayyy lmao" or "i'm bored" during code green.

Seriously if you can't be assed to at least put in "EVERYBODY IS DIEING" then why would centcom waste their time sending you a shuttle, unless that shuttle was filled with deathsquad to whip you back to work.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #82897

I dunno, I just roleplay the part of centcom. If the reason is some stupid joke I'll recall it and make some announcement about someone's salary being cut.

Unless the round is really aching for a restart.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #82929

This in no way warrants any kind of punishments it's just a notification that people don't like this
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Post by Sometinyprick » #82970

tbh i think it should be left alone, even if it's a joke it's an ic thing
admins shouldn't really decide when the round is going to end except in a extreme case
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #82980

I reckon this has run it's course to be honest. A very minor thing got complained about. everyone had their little hop on the bandwagon saying that not good. We're probably done here.

If there's a reason this should stay open bwoink me
omnitricks

Post by omnitricks » #82983

I was one of the players and the problem here is that its not the admins recalling but rather recalling multiple times when the shuttle is called. The shuttle call in itself signifies that the round is either fubar, boring, or has went on for too long. So where would the line be drawn? Whats stopping an admin from recalling the shuttle next time they think the antags have too little time to accomplish an objective or that the singulo being unable to start and no one wants to go to space to wire solars is not a good enough reason for the shuttle be called and recalls the shuttle while demanding the players fix.

Which was what happened in this situation. There were other stupid messages from "Centcom" that they will send engineers and other stuff depending on the nature of the emergency implying that the two admins outlined above does not want to allow the round for who knows what cockamamie reason. "1. We’re all here to have a good time. If you’re intentionally trying to ruin everyone else’s good time, you won’t have a place here. Being a jerk in-character is fine to a point, but being a jerk out of character is not welcome at all." We were not having fun. We wanted to start another round to get our fun. Badmins were for some reason denying that. That is being a jerk. Repeatedly.

In absence of any event or "fun" the admins shouldn't be recalling the shuttle at all. No. Not even for that reason. Or that other reason. If there really is a legit reason for the shuttle to be recalled, someone else will do it. Maybe even the whole crew if they want to stay, Or mutinying security. If an antag wants more time to do get their greentext, they are going to have to risk the recall on their own. Thats what happens when they go loud.