Sabbat
Byond Username: Sabbat

[Stickymayhem] - Sabbat

Post by Sabbat » #91197

Byond account and character name: Sabbat
Admin: Stickymayhem
Time incident occured: Wed May 27, 2015 1:23 pm

Detailed summary:

Defended a griefer's actions repeatedly.

Immediately locked a ban request thread claiming "resolved" after changing his story about what he himself believed happened, making things up and speculating intentions for both parties and ignoring all of the actions or trying to make excuses for them in the logs he posted, without letting any other players or admins add anything to the discussion.

Speculates the intentions of both parties, and flat out makes things up that never happened, either in the defense of the accused party which he originally defended, or in defense of himself over his poor judgement being questioned.

Stating my CKEY in dead chat after the incident in the ban request thread, while I was arguing with the accused.

A little back story on point number 2: Sticky had originally said in dead chat after I said I was going to make a ban request that he would immediately delete it if "Anything didn't match what he thought happened", basically saying that if I didn't agree with his view, that he wouldn't even let me make the thread. Oddly enough, he didn't delete it, but it's pretty apparent he was looking for a time to say "No I was right" and lock the thread.

The post:
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... ead#p91140

Some quotes from him showing that he constantly changes his story to defend somebody and absolutely refuses to change his mind even with logged proof.
Spoiler:
-- Administrator private message --
Admin PM from-Stickymayhem: He thought you took his banana. He wasn't trying to bait and you have no right to determine intent like that
Click on the administrator's name to reply.
Spoiler:
I watched the entire thing from start to finish, and what I saw was the clown mistakenly hit you once for taking their peel, when it turned out someone else had disarmed them at the same time, and then the clown ran away.
Spoiler:
He didn't start the fight. He hit you once and ran off.
Spoiler:
A slip and single whack before running away seems like "Leave me the fuck alone".
And then posts logs which he gives another story for.
Spoiler:
First Encounter: Clown loses banana to David Wherner, thinks mime did it because mime is hugspamming them, clown punches them then runs off
Spoiler:
[18:24:33]ATTACK: Pantsu The Mime(sabbat) shaked Shaun Driggers(REDACTED)
[18:25:25]ATTACK: David Wherner(REDACTED) disarmed I AM A CLOWN(someone1214)
[18:26:16]ATTACK: I AM A CLOWN(someone1214) punched Pantsu The Mime(sabbat)
[18:26:24]ATTACK: Pantsu The Mime(sabbat) attacked I AM A CLOWN(someone1214) with bottle
Logs show I hugged a third person one minute before clown is disarmed by a fourth person which ONE MINUTE LATER he decides to slip and attack me. Yet he still continues pushing his excuse and then locks the thread before anybody can agree or disagree.

Just bad admin practice, even though I'm sure this sounded like a rant I thought I'd point out as many complaints as I can.
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Re: [Stickymayhem] - Sabbat

Post by Tsaricide » #91201

If sticky was the one who handled it ingame then another admin should have looked over the ban request before it was locked.

I can't seem to find that written down anywhere but I'm sure it's been suggested before somewhere or talked about but I could be wrong.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #91221

Why would another admin have to look it over. I was there. I have more knowledge of the situation than any other admin, particularly as I saw the whole thing. There is no precedent and the thread was left open for a while for others to comment if that would somehow change things.

How do those stories conflict

>Clown thinks you took banana
>Clown hits you as a continuation of this mistake
>He hit you once then ran off
>One hit and fleeing does seem like "Leave me the fuck alone" to me

>Clown loses banana to David Wherner,
>thinks mime did it because mime is hugspamming them,
>clown punches them then runs off

How do these not line up. You're grasping at straws.

I saw the situation from start to finish. I have more information than the logs alone provide. Thus I can make comments about things like location and how things went down without it being speculation.

You were kicking up shit and giving me a hard time because "OH GOD I KNOW HE WAS PUNISHED BUT I WANT HIM PUNISHED MORE" and you constantly reiterated the same misleading misrepresentative points to the rest of deadchat and to myself. I doubt if I hadn't brought up that harsh treatment you wouldn't have stuck to that nonsense.

EDIT: Also I'm not about to encourage idiots to make ban requests when the person they are mad at doesn't get enough ban to satisfy them. It's the behaviour of butthurt siblings not supposedly over-18 adults playing a fucking video game.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #91222

So sabbat, is Sticky right in his (perhaps unkind) characterization of what you actually want as "I know this was addressed but I want more punishment for X"? I'm hungry and tired so forgive me if I missed some of the intricacies, all I see is people locked in mortal combat over gay spacemen.

... Which I guess is our SOP at all times. Uh, anyhow.
RIP
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #91223

I'll unlock the request and let someone else deal with it. If that's all you're pissed about here say so.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Sabbat

Post by Sabbat » #91238

Hibbles wrote:So sabbat, is Sticky right in his (perhaps unkind) characterization of what you actually want as "I know this was addressed but I want more punishment for X"? I'm hungry and tired so forgive me if I missed some of the intricacies, all I see is people locked in mortal combat over gay spacemen.

... Which I guess is our SOP at all times. Uh, anyhow.
The guy supposedly got "a note" for only the third time and he continues to use made up things as an excuse for why nothing else happened, all while saying he saw the whole thing. He stated multiple times in admin PM that he thinks hitting somebody back instantly gives the person who hit first the right to kill you.

Again, I'll point out some things he said that the logs he posted disprove alone.

>The mime was hugspamming the clown and somebody disarmed him at the same time so the clown mistook him for the one that disarmed him
He says this because I said I was trying to hug him, I never made it that far, the clown slipped and kicked me the second I got close while I was typing an emote. He cemented it into his head that somehow "I was trying to hug him" means "I was hugspamming him" just from that single comment.

Logs provided by him show the last person I hugged was 2 minutes before the initial attack, and 1 minute after the clown had been disarmed by the other person (A single time, I might add, to which he said nothing.) As well, it would be pretty damn hard to mistake me for somebody else in that round as I was the mime in a witch hat and sexy mime outfit, I don't exactly look like the other roles on the station.

>You chased him you were obviously looking for a fight, so he didn't start it!
There's only 5 seconds (proven by logs) between getting slip/kicked to me hitting him back once, the time it took to get up from the slip stun, move a few tiles and hit him back. Then another five seconds, and the clown begins stabbing me to death. He continues to try to make it seem like I chased the clown around the station to antagonize him into trying to make me "leave him alone" as he put it, even though I was doing nothing to bother him before his initial attack.

>You hit him with a bottle this was just escalation don't start fights and get wrecked then adminhelp
He said this multiple times, that since I hit back I'm not allowed to adminhelp. Two hits and ten seconds has never been proper escalation, especially with nothing said and no security call. He hit me, I hit him back, his immediate response was murder. There's a word for that kind of response, it's called baiting. But as Sticky said, "I'm not allowed to judge intent". Yet, in admin PM's he was stating things like "You could have set him on fire" or "you could have stabbed him to death". Well, obviously that wasn't my intent, I hit him the one time, I don't even think the contents of a bottle of nothing are flammable, and I had nothing else on me besides some stamps and my crayon.

>Stating "get good" multiple times
He continuously said "Well you shouldn't have lost the fight", when the logs show I was never trying to kill him, and his intent at all times was murder. One hit the first time, only disarms the second time, and two punches while I was nearly dead and bleeding to death having just been ejected from cryo, that's not much of a fight from my end, that was me attempting to not die. If I had stabbed the clown to death after initially hitting him with a bottle, what do you think would have happened to me?

>Claims "disarming somebody" is a right for them to whip out a lethal weapon and begin beating you to death
First I'd like to point out I never disarmed him until after being attacked with the weapon, I was, again, trying not to die, disarming him while running toward security (I bled out just above the bridge where a security guard got to me at the last second), second I'd like to point out that disarming somebody while they're beating you with a weapon is not "escalation" either, it's barely even fighting back. Again, he supposedly saw this whole thing!... I was obviously not trying to fight him, I wanted my bottle back, broken as it might have been it's part of my mime gear and I didn't want to just leave it in the hall, my response to being murdered violently with an extinguisher was only to disarm, I didn't attack him with any weapons besides some accidental soap clicks which you can see I noticed after a few times then went back to just disarming. If I had intended to go back to cargo to murder the clown, I would have armed myself with something and hit first instead of wait until he's hit me a few times then start disarming him.

>the clown had no way of knowing you were in medbay even though he just put you into crit, and you attacked first this time! Valid!
The clown had literally just put me into crit, watched security give me CPR and drag me toward medbay, of course he knew I was there. And by "attacked first", he means I disarmed the clown once, he pulled out an extinguisher and we both hit eachother at the same time, but I was already bleeding out and close to dead. The entirety of my retalation consisted of one bottle hit and two punches, while the clown stabbed and fire extinguishered me into crit three times (dragging me into an open chemistry door and continuing to beat me, the third time, so people couldn't stop him besides the chemist.)

>States my ckey in deadchat and tells me if I make a ban request thread and "anything doesn't match" he's going to immediately delete it
Considering what he's said happened is immediately dis-proven by the logs, it's a little hard not to say something that doesn't match his story.

His last excuse is the continued "No I saw it, it actually went this way, not that way", how am I supposed to prove my point? Even logs that literally say exactly what I said happened don't work if that's all he has to say.

Nothing about this was handled properly from the start, from the original and immediate dismissal of my adminhelp because he claims he saw something different happen instead of looking into it.

The first time, sure, whatever, I got cryo'd and nothing permanent was done. If it was just that, I wouldn't be complaining. Even though we argued and he made a shitty call and I bitched at him. But the second I never even fought back except for disarms, while the clown showed clear intent to murder from the start (Attacking unprovoked yet again). Usually when somebody gets an admin PM, they don't fucking do that, I was pretty shocked when the clown got away with it. But again, whatever, shitty call but what am I gonna do? Third time, that's what makes this so bad. I hit back a total of two times with my fists while the other party had a weapon, but this time I actually fought back. He said "he handled it", while I see the clown still playing and my corpse buckled to a roller bed in chemistry. So I argue with the clown in dead chat who says things like "You salty?" and "I was clowning", so I say I'm going to make a ban request to which Sticky replies he's going to delete it if he doesn't like how I word it.

I thought I'd make the ban request and somebody else would handle it, except that's not what happened, Sticky came in to defend the clown and himself in the situation and then lock the thread after I finally get the logs I was asking for before I can even respond to what he claims were his reasons for not doing anything.

That is why I made this thread. NOTHING was done right, here. From jumping to conclusions and stubbornly making excuses for somebody, to posting my ckey in dead chat and stating before I'd even made the thread that he would delete it if he disagreed.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #91314

I hope you realize that the maximum possible ban length for this situation is going to be one day or less. You seem to be fast approaching the point that you've spent that length of time just typing angrily.
Sabbat

Post by Sabbat » #91316

Stickymayhem wrote:I hope you realize that the maximum possible ban length for this situation is going to be one day or less. You seem to be fast approaching the point that you've spent that length of time just typing angrily.
Time passed =/= time served.

This thread is also an admin complaint you should have posted that in the ban request. :)
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #91363

I locked the thread, I was under the impression it was handled because, y'know, a headmin told you he handled it.

I'll unlock it if you want but you need to calm your tits and hop off the singulo-powered headmin hatetrain. Would your opinion or feelings on the matter be different had STP ruled on your request?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Sabbat

Post by Sabbat » #91370

Vekter wrote:I locked the thread, I was under the impression it was handled because, y'know, a headmin told you he handled it.

I'll unlock it if you want but you need to calm your tits and hop off the singulo-powered headmin hatetrain. Would your opinion or feelings on the matter be different had STP ruled on your request?
But I don't go to singulo unless people link me something. Why do you think this has anything to do with singulo or what other people think about Sticky and not about his actions and how they were wrong? I never brought up any situation besides these specific situations where I personally have been involved with him.

I would have made this thread if any admin had posted my Ckey in dead chat, then told me if I made a ban request he would delete it if it "anything didn't match", then proceed to lock said thread and claim he resolved it in game and therefore it "doesn't deserve another look" by anybody else. You don't have to be a headmin to be wrong, and being a headmin doesn't make you always right.

Please do not try to shit up a complaint by claiming it has anything to do with unrelated topics like singulo.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #91371

I apologize, I didn't mean It as such.

Your thread has been unlocked and moved back. I'll try to get STP to review it.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #91375

I want to reiterate that I locked the ban request thread. It had nothing to do with Sticky, I was just making a pass and cleaning up ban requests. Mea culpa.

All I meant by the hate train comment was that it's mostly pushed by people who rage about how unfair he is on Singulo. I worded it poorly and I sincerely apologize.

E: Also Sticky posted logs on Wed May 27, 2015 3:23 pm and I locked it today at 10:30 AM.
Spoiler:

Sabbat

Post by Sabbat » #91395

I think NikNak needs to calm his tits. He is not making things better right now.
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Post by Jeb » #91396

Sabbat wrote:I think NikNak needs to calm his tits. He is not making things better right now.
He's removing posts that contribute nothing to the thread.

Get over it.
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Sabbat

Post by Sabbat » #91397

Jeb wrote:
Sabbat wrote:I think NikNak needs to calm his tits. He is not making things better right now.
He's removing posts that contribute nothing to the thread.

Get over it.
Did you read them before they were deleted? I did, none of them were hostile or off topic.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #91399

You guys are so out to get each other, its insane.
Sticky locked it originally, then unlocked after a conversation in adminbus.
Vekter locked it as a MISTAKE
NOT TO COVER ANYONES ASS
If people continue to post this bullshit claim, forum bans will be handed out.
Were waiting on STP to comment on this and thats it except he seems to be missing in action too. So chill
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Post by Sometinyprick » #91794

From what I can see this is an IC issue coming close to the line. Smashing a bottle over someones head is in my view some serious escalation but it the reaction to it could certainly be said to be an over reaction and the dude got a note for it which is fair.
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me
Sabbat

Post by Sabbat » #91799

He did not get a note for it. He already stated that he got a note for attacking more people in chemistry after his third time attacking unprovoked. His baiting and repeatedly attacking then ejecting from cryo and trying to make sure I can't be saved had nothing to do with his note, it was the fight that happened after that didn't involve me at all.

Like I've said, what would have happened to me had I killed him at that moment, instead of him killing me? If I had no right to do it, why did he? That's pretty fucked up. Then telling somebody in admin PM "Don't get wrecked then adminhelp" when getting killed for no reason is almost the entire point of ahelp, is fucked up.
Spoiler:
The circlejerk is real.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #91800

He got a note for starting and escalating the fight with you and the chemistry bloodbath. He didn't eject you from cryo. It was not unprovoked. Please stop this has been going in circles and you're misrepresenting the situation again.
Sabbat

Post by Sabbat » #91810

Stickymayhem wrote:He got a note for starting and escalating the fight with you and the chemistry bloodbath. He didn't eject you from cryo. It was not unprovoked. Please stop this has been going in circles and you're misrepresenting the situation again.
Please post the logs where I do something to provoke him into starting a fight.

I'll wait a day and a half for logs again, no worries, I have time. You can post every single thing I said or did the entire round for all I care to try to prove I somehow provoked it, for all I care.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #91835

Sabbat, the issue has been handled by two separate headmins. The matter is resolved. Unless you legitimately believe that you've been wronged so badly by this guy breaking a bottle over your head in a video game that we absolutely must continue this, can we please lock and move on?
Spoiler:

Sabbat

Post by Sabbat » #91843

How has Sticky's attitude been addressed?

To be fair, this is literally what I've always said about admin complaints, they're an echo chamber.

I'm sorry that Sticky as somebody who applied to be a head admin has to "Humor" the players who complain about him. I'm sorry that his response is to bitch about getting a complaint and any post agreeing with the complaint gets deleted immediately. Heaven forbid anybody not agree with Sticky, lest they go onto the adminbus shit list and get their post deleted. :D

Nope, it's obviously me over reacting. Let's ignore the fact that somebody specifically got one "headmin" who they probably explained to before hand to just agree with him so you guys could lock the thread and call it resolved.

That never happens though, right? Hah. You know, no public logs and all that good stuff.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #91853

Sabbat wrote:That never happens though, right? Hah. You know, no public logs and all that good stuff.

please stop with the constant conspiracy theory-izing, it's really annoying for everyone and creates drama for the purpose of creating drama so we can move onto the next drama creation
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #91865

This entire thing has gone well beyond anything even remotely reasonable anymore.

It's been handled.

I'm locking this now.