[QuartzCrystal] Textbook case of admin bullying player.

Kuraudo
Byond Username: Arumashi

[QuartzCrystal] Textbook case of admin bullying player.

Post by Kuraudo » #118714

Byond account: Arumashi
Admin: QuartzCrystal
Time incident occured: Sept. 28, 2014 - Sept. 06, 2015
Detailed summary:

It all started with this;
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 33&p=31913

I won't even go over the ban details and how it's not justified. Everything is in that one year old topic. Quick summary: I was banned from assistant because i pickpocketed the Captain's ID. At that time, the ban wasn't lifted because i refused to apologize for a behaviour that's clearly not punished by the rules.
I advise you to read the whole topic to understand the situation.
One year later, i come back to TG, notice i'm still banned, talk about it in OOC with an admin clearly astonished that i was still banned for such a thing. He's telling me to post another ban appeal, i do it reluctantly, knowing that if QuartzCrystal is still around, i had no chance of being unbanned. As expected, he shows up, denies it and locks the topic.
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=4606
My last sentence wasn't really the most polite of the best one to say in that circumstances but the sheer absurdity of the situation was starting to get on my nerves.
But i doubt that my way of saying things would have any effect on this, notice how in the first appeal, the first response is by QuartzCrystal himself, denying me at first, before the topic goes on into a lenghty debate.

Ensues a quick conversation by MP where i basically ask him what's the point of denying me since the ban will be autolifted in a few days, he answer me "thanks for the reminded to renew the ban". And he did.

Code: Select all

You, or another user of this computer, (arumashi) is banned from playing Assistant. The ban reason is:
(MANUAL BAN) thanks for the reminder to renew this.
This ban was applied by quartzcrystal on 2015-09-06 19:23:15
So, let's sum up. I was banned one entire year from assistant. Because i stole the captain's ID. I wasn't unbanned because QuartzCrystal expect me to apologize for it and when i didn't, state his intentions to keep me banned for another year, possibly even more, until i apologize. Like i said in the topic title, this is a clear textbook case of an admin using his power to bully a player into submission.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [QuartzCrystal] Textbook case of admin bullying player.

Post by Saegrimr » #118715

You got banned from assistant after doing a bunch of shitty things consistently as an assistant, ragequit the server two weeks later and come back 9 months later with a dindu nuffin fuck the po-leese attitude like you were never wrong in the first place.

Why should anybody care?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Kuraudo

Post by Kuraudo » #118719

Saegrimr wrote:You got banned from assistant after doing a bunch of shitty things consistently as an assistant, ragequit the server two weeks later and come back 9 months later with a dindu nuffin fuck the po-leese attitude like you were never wrong in the first place.

Why should anybody care?
Shitty things, as, blowing up a gas tank as assistant. I already apologized for it. And QuartzCrystal wasn't involved in this. The admin i've been in contact with understood the situation.
I left the server at a time where admins started handing out permabans like flyers, for murderboning as a traitor, breaking into rooms, and other IC issues that made me think TG was turning into total shit.
You should care because, there is no way a player ability to enjoy the game should be permanently (Not in the SS13 "One year" sense, but like, forever) hindered because of one admin going in Xerxes-like submission; "You'll only get unbanned, if you kneel." One year later.
A ban exceeding a one year lenght is a rarity and is only put when a serious offense is commited. I'm being put out of the most basic job in the game because of one admin decided he's not even gonna begin to question his actions.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #118721

If you get banned for something and repeatedly say "I didn't do anything wrong, I would do it again" then nobody is ever going to unban you.
They don't want you doing a thing, and you are telling them that as soon as given the opportunity, you will do the thing again. Unbanning you to just ban you again would be a waste of their time.
Just swallow your pride and lie about being sorry and you'll probably get a second chance to fuck up.
Kuraudo

Post by Kuraudo » #118722

Jacquerel wrote:If you get banned for something and repeatedly say "I didn't do anything wrong, I would do it again" then nobody is ever going to unban you.
They don't want you doing a thing, and you are telling them that as soon as given the opportunity, you will do the thing again. Unbanning you to just ban you again would be a waste of their time.
Just swallow your pride and lie about being sorry and you'll probably get a second chance to fuck up.
Jacquerel wrote:Just swallow your pride and lie about being sorry and you'll probably get a second chance to fuck up.
Jacquerel wrote:Just swallow your pride
MUH... Image
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

Post by sirnat » #118741

Why did quartz have final say in your appeal?

Also what he did back then, pretty sure people have done way worse as assistant. God knows I have.

The rules are different, just stop being a bunch of fucking babies about it, unban the guy and allow someone to play, stop trying to make the server the "Cool kids club" where "If we ban you, you're never allowed to come back without a equally judged appeal. "

I would've posted on his appeal but there's the rule where if not involved/not giving information don't post at all.

I think however long this dudes waited to play assistant has been long enough, I mean holy shit you're not doing much with an assistant ban. He can literally go cargo tech, get maint access and boom he's assistant with maint access and cargo so do you really think letting him play as an assistant is so fucking bad?

And the "He posted something on singulo that crashed!" He said to get him proof that it was him, I never saw anyone post them and the thread locked, if there's no proof then what the fuck are you doing? Being a mindless drone and going off what others say around you because you want to be on the bandwagon?
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #118746

Wouldn't a simple ID theft be an ic issue for sure? Or was there other Greytiding stuff that caused the ban?
Kuraudo

Post by Kuraudo » #118749

sirnat wrote:Why did quartz have final say in your appeal?
Thanks for pointing that out. He was indeed judge, jury and executionner.
I think however long this dudes waited to play assistant has been long enough, I mean holy shit you're not doing much with an assistant ban. He can literally go cargo tech, get maint access and boom he's assistant with maint access and cargo so do you really think letting him play as an assistant is so fucking bad?
This too. This ban has no purpose beside being annoying by preventing me to play the game at it's fullest.
If i want to be an ass, i could very well wreak havoc while being a cargo tech, a clown, a mime, a chaplain, a chef, or another no/low responsibility job. I didn't.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #118753

sirnat wrote:Also what he did back then, pretty sure people have done way worse as assistant. God knows I have.
Whoa! Time to retroactively unban everybody because someone else has done WAY worse than all of you.
sirnat wrote:The rules are different, just stop being a bunch of fucking babies about it, unban the guy and allow someone to play, stop trying to make the server the "Cool kids club" where "If we ban you, you're never allowed to come back without a equally judged appeal. "
He can play, Nothing has stopped him from playing aside from his own hissy fit and quitting the server because he couldn't play a greyshirt.
sirnat wrote:And the "He posted something on singulo that crashed!" He said to get him proof that it was him, I never saw anyone post them and the thread locked, if there's no proof then what the fuck are you doing? Being a mindless drone and going off what others say around you because you want to be on the bandwagon?
Are you high? This has absolutely nothing to do with him.
Kuraudo wrote:This too. This ban has no purpose beside being annoying
Well, is it working? It seems to be.
Kuraudo wrote:If i want to be an ass, i could very well wreak havoc while being a cargo tech, a clown, a mime, a chaplain, a chef, or another no/low responsibility job. I didn't.
And thats when it stops being a jobban and starts being a server ban.

I'm not entirely certain why Quartz even felt the need to renew it, it was permanent to begin with. I guess just marking down in the database that rather than make an actual appeal you pull the 2cool4school routine.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Montyblancs
Byond Username: Montyblancs

Post by Montyblancs » #118754

So let me get this straight. You do something not against a written rule but very dickish a year ago, and get job banned because of similar prior behavior. You then argue against the ban because the action wasn't a rule, ignoring the fact that you fucked that captain's day up before he even had a chance to start the game. Then, many months later, you come back, make a sarcastic appeal where you still don't admit you acted shitty, and then complain that there's a vendetta against you.

I'm all for not contributing to a circlejerk where everyone bows down to the admin overlords and prays that today's the day they don't get banned, but stealing shit from latejoins in the arrivals shuttle who both might be still connecting and have absolutely zero clue what's going on in the round is just a garbage move. If at any point you admitted to that, you probably would have seen that jobban lifted or reduced. Instead, you throw a fit, wait eight months, and then throw yet another fit. It didn't even have to be a flat out apology, just an acknowledgement that it was a poor move.

It's been about a year, so the policy regarding this whole ordeal may have changed, but your response to the matter is likely severely harming your case.
Kuraudo

Post by Kuraudo » #118756

Saegrimr wrote: Well, is it working? It seems to be.
I thought the purpose was to prevent me from pulling the same shenanigans that got me banned in the first place ? (Theft of a Captain's ID.)
So, what's the point of saying that i'm sorry, admit my fault, and won't do it again, if my ability to violate this (made on the fly) rule, is totally irrelevant to the ban ?
Like i said, this is bullying. Plain and simple.
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #118757

Lol, dude if I were you I'd just wait til headmin elections are done then do a serious appeal and request headmins handle it.

Just be a loyal grey tider as the chaplain, because who plays chaplain seriously?

The "Where if you do that it will be a server ban" is shit and you know it saegramir.
If he doesn't break the rules you can't ban him, and its allowed everyone to greytide to a certain degree

And "Ruining a captains round" it was his fault for choosing a high priority job while he knew he was lagging.
Kuraudo

Post by Kuraudo » #118758

Montyblancs wrote:So let me get this straight. You do something not against a written rule but very dickish a year ago, and get job banned because of similar prior behavior. You then argue against the ban because the action wasn't a rule, ignoring the fact that you fucked that captain's day up before he even had a chance to start the game. Then, many months later, you come back, make a sarcastic appeal where you still don't admit you acted shitty, and then complain that there's a vendetta against you.

I'm all for not contributing to a circlejerk where everyone bows down to the admin overlords and prays that today's the day they don't get banned, but stealing shit from latejoins in the arrivals shuttle who both might be still connecting and have absolutely zero clue what's going on in the round is just a garbage move. If at any point you admitted to that, you probably would have seen that jobban lifted or reduced. Instead, you throw a fit, wait eight months, and then throw yet another fit. It didn't even have to be a flat out apology, just an acknowledgement that it was a poor move.

It's been about a year, so the policy regarding this whole ordeal may have changed, but your response to the matter is likely severely harming your case.
Two things.
- I didn't "ruined" the Captain's round, because like i said in the first topic, i was immediately apprehended by security. The Captain never really lost his ID and i was about to clone it. Not steal it and keep it mine. This is the kind of shenanigans that's purely in game matter. And it was resolved in game with me in the brig and the ID back in the Captain's belt, before the admin boinked me.
- I didn't jumped on the Captain as soon as he connected, i waited a little bit before going for the ID. The Captain posted in the first topic, explaining that he had connections issues. I had no way of knowing that.

All of this because i wanted to make a prank, giving myself all access, and posing as a Goldman Spess representative, harrassing the heads for the repaiement of some imaginary loans. Serves me right for trying to bring some life and laughter into the round.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #118760

sirnat wrote:Lol, dude if I were you I'd just wait til headmin elections are done then do a serious appeal and request headmins handle it.
The joke is a headmin at the time already weighed in on how bad the initial appeal was.
I have my doubts any new headmin would come in, see all this and think "Yeah sure sounds like a great idea." but who knows. Best of luck to you both.
sirnat wrote:The "Where if you do that it will be a server ban" is shit and you know it saegramir.
If he doesn't break the rules you can't ban him, and its allowed everyone to greytide to a certain degree
I'm not sure where you get the idea that we can't ban people for being consistently trash.
If you run around and greytide in other jobs, especially when you've already been banned from assistant because of constant greytiding, what do you think will happen?
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #118762

Generally you should come into ban appeals with an attitude that gives the administration the impression that you've changed your ways.

If you are banned that means the administration thinks you've done something wrong, your appeal shouldn't say "I've done nothing wrong".
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #118764

Can we see his notes?

Also I've been killed by people and told its a IC issue, I've killed people and the ahelper got told the same.

How is stealing the captains ID so bad to warrant a perma assistant ban.

Doesn't it say in the rules greytiding is allowed to a certain degree? If so then why the hell was he banned for stealing captains ID.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #118765

sirnat wrote:Can we see his notes?
2014-07-16 00:00:00 bluespace Sybil Banned for 1440 minutes - Strangling a braindead, warned non-antag murder isn't okay.
2014-08-04 00:00:00 ikarrus Sybil Set off a massive fire bomb in the chapel with people nearby
2014-08-07 00:00:00 tanknut Sybil Banned for 1440 minutes - Threw an IED into a group of people, Jihad roleplay? Really?
2014-08-13 00:00:00 stickymayhem Sybil Permabrigged someone for being in the Heads of Staff meeting room at the same time as a traitor.
2014-08-18 00:00:00 stickymayhem Sybil Banned for 60 minutes - Throwing a firebomb into a very crowded area. Absolutely not a response to being annoyed.
2014-08-19 00:00:00 stickymayhem Sybil Followed one female character around begging for a blowjob for half the round. Obviously made the person feel extremely uncomfortable. Seemed to understand immediately he was being shit so it shouldn't happen again.
2014-09-01 00:00:00 ikarrus Sybil Banned for 0 minutes - Blowing the shit out of EVA. Was warned/banned many times before for the same shit.
2014-09-02 00:00:00 ikarrus Sybil Place a permaban if he is caught blowing up parts of the station FNR again.
2014-09-02 00:00:00 ikarrus Sybil Banned from Assistant - Just unbanned from a perma for bombing the station repeatedly FNR. This ban is meant to encourage him to actually be productive for a bit for the first few days he's back/
2014-09-03 00:00:00 stickymayhem Sybil Killed someone who had stolen the RCD and Hand Tele and began to teleport around including into upload. The kill was find, cremating him wasn't really.
2014-09-19 00:00:00 stickymayhem Sybil Banned from pAI - Flashing someone and dragging them around as a drone. Breaking law 1.
2014-09-19 00:00:00 thegel Sybil Stipped two people naked and buckled them to beds in maint, then went on to write a very creepy paper and left it next to them. If he does anything like this again, he's out of here.
2014-09-24 00:00:00 quartzcrystal Sybil Banned from Assistant - Stunned, cuffed and stripped a just-joined and lagging captain of his ID for no justifiable reason. You've been given an assistant job ban once before to encourage you to be productie/not a shit. Appeal this job ban on the forums in at most 2 weeks.
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #118768

Holy shit, I think I agree with alot of people you were the shitler to the shit regime back then lol.

But that aside, was he put on what's it called, probation?

If not why give him probation on his assistant perma ban.

No offence but I'm quite surprised you wernt server permad for your past work, but its been a year so you've changed most likely.

N-not even my notes are that bad and you can ask people here, I can be quite the asshole/tider
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #118770

"I was running a gimmick" is one step below "it's what my character would do" in the ranks of complete non-excuses for being a dick.

The ban wasn't for "stealing an ID", it was for fucking with a lagging player on the arrivals shuttle. The thing that antags get slapped for. If any of the appeals had even acknowledged that yeah maybe swiping shit from a lagging player on the arrivals shuttle was a dick move then there'd probably be more sympathy but you keep coming back to "b-but stealing an ID is IC issue!"
Oh, and "security caught me immediately" means absolutely nothing. By that logic I could murder the fuck out of someone as a nonantag and if security happened to catch me and clone the victim then i'd suddenly cease to be bannable.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #118781

I can't help but wonder if this complaint is a sardonic pass at the administration similar to the appeal.

I'm starting to think so.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #118788

It's worth pointing out that since the assistant job ban was placed you literally logged on like, 5 times. You clearly have no interest actually playing on our server, you just wanna be a shitler assistant.

I had posted about your appeal, etc in adminbus and no one objected to me denying your appeal.
Kuraudo

Post by Kuraudo » #118804

About my notes: I come from a tg-based server, which is much more lenient in it's rules and what's you're allowed to do; It's LLA. Liberty's Last Army. 90 % of your ban requests ended being responded to "Ic issue". The level of chaos and fuckery you encountered there was tenfold what you see in TG. I needed time to learn and adjust. I blew up things, i did creepy shit, each time i was told i was doing something wrong, i adjusted my behavior accordingly.
QuartzCrystal wrote:It's worth pointing out that since the assistant job ban was placed you literally logged on like, 5 times. You clearly have no interest actually playing on our server, you just wanna be a shitler assistant.

I had posted about your appeal, etc in adminbus and no one objected to me denying your appeal.
I took a one year break from the game, that means i'm a shitler assistant who hate the server and only want to break havoc in it ? Wow. Give me one misconduct instance from me since my return. Since i'm a shitler, it won't be hard to find one, right ? Go one. One note from 2015, please.
On the issue;
You're the one dragging on an issue that could have been resolved one year ago.
You're the one admitting to ban me to bait me into the forum so you can deny my appeal.(cf. first topic.)
You're the one handing out a ban, not on the ground of a clear violation, but based on some shady reasoning involving rule 0, past behaviour, me being at fault anyways because i'm "not bringing fun to the server as an assistant", etc...
You're the one extending the ban over one year, something you never see except in case of major violations. Ever permabanned people get unbanned past one year. You can't set a ban over that period, but decided to extend mine. Why ? It serves no purpose other than sheer annoyance. I'm shying away from high-valued jobs, because if i don't get picked for it, instead of being an assistant i'm getting a random job, which i don't want 90 % of the time.

Let me ask you one question; What's the purpose of this jobban ?
Preventing me from being a fuck ? Nope. Like i said, being a cargo tech, a lawyer, or whatever other job can do the trick. You're better off with a hardcore permanent ban if you think i'm a nuisance to the server. But you couldn't do it since it would make you Hitler, and instead went for a half-assed solution which benefits absolutely nobody.
You're an admin, your job is to make the game better and more enjoyable for everyone, bullying one player and try to alter his game experience with no benefits to the rest of the server, and added drama, is miserable considering the standards you are held to. This is far worse than any greytide fuckery you can think of.
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #118806

I'm sorry can someone explain to me why your ID getting pick pocketed = Round Ruined?
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #118813

Kuraudo wrote:But you couldn't do it since it would make you Hitler
unfortunately for you, i am Hitler already. permabanned for being a nuisance to the server, your horrible attitude is not welcome