Kor - making himself antag

Aranclanos
Byond Username: Aranclanos

Kor - making himself antag

Post by Aranclanos » #119828

admin: korphareon

Time incident occured: today at 20hs server time
Detailed summary: kor decided to make himself a swarmer, completly trashing a round, ending up with 40 other active swarmers who basically were destroying everything at hand. After that point the deathsquads buttons were pressed two times I think and the nuclear bomb was activated, ending the round.
I don't really care about how the round ended up, I was encouraging to end it because of the swarmer domination (imagine it as when the aliens walk around freely in the station and there are no humans alive, that was the feeling of the round)
The complaint is targeted at the admin making himself the swarmer antag thing
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: Kor - making himself antag

Post by iamgoofball » #119831

critical info: was it extended
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #119834

I'd be interested to see logs on this because that's not how I remember things going down. I remember like two or three swarmer shells being spawned at roundstart. I clicked the first one, I don't know who clicked the other(s). Kor did spawn the shell(s) though.

Roundtype was gang.
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #119835

[20:08:15]ADMIN: KorPhaeron/(Talos Valcoran) spawned /obj/item/unactivated_swarmer at (150,82,1)
[20:08:19]ACCESS: Login: Bgobandit/(Swarmer (921)) from -censored(ip/cid)- || BYOND v508
[20:08:23]ADMIN: KorPhaeron/(Talos Valcoran) spawned /obj/item/unactivated_swarmer at (149,82,1)
[20:08:26]ACCESS: Login: Aloraydrel/(Swarmer (927)) from -censored(ip/cid)- || BYOND v508
[20:11:01]ACCESS: Login: KorPhaeron/(Swarmer (234)) from -censored(ip/cid)- || BYOND v508
The round did end up being garbage, but it's a little misleading to say he made himself an antag.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #119916

you move fast aran
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #119919

was this that gang round yesterday?
as one of the swarmers involved, it was hilarious watching the swarm demolish every single gang base, eating the dominators and turning everything into all access.
the round was vastly improved by the admin's actions, and a swarmer isn't really an antag, more a critter anyway. no crime here. trust me i'm the expert on this.

Plus: kor wasn't 100% going to get it. another ghost could've got in the swarmer.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #119952

Sidebar: Please please never put swarmers in early in the round. That was 100% Not Fun™
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #120067

Not really actionable but there were some long chats in headmin chats and policy for admins will be made more clear/tightened. Mainly, anything from the create antag button cannot be accepted by an admin. Random events/syndiborgs/guardian spirits and the like are ok for admins. For cases like swarmers, there's no real problem joining in after a while when there are shells laying around.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #120069

What about cases where a admin has deadmined themselves from the round initially and they end up in a position to accept a admin spawned antagonist, such as them dying in the round and ghosting.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #120070

if they are deadminned they are treated as players

what was also mentioned was admins creating antags after they died. A certain admin/s may have done this before but this will be disallowed entirely. Creating antags should only really be done when the round needs it or as part of an event.
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #120071

If another admin presses the create antag button, can you roll for it? or no?
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #120097

I would assume it's ok as long as it's not,

>pst press the button I totally don't want to be antag or anything
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #120147

Well that happens pretty frequently with xenomorphs since it doesn't even ask.

I've been a larva probably more times than i've been any other antag.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #120292

It was always my understanding that if you had de-adminned, you are a 'normal' player. Whoever gives you the antag at that point would be responsible for the fallout, antags shouldn't be held responsible for acting antagonistic.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #120349

Saegrimr wrote:Well that happens pretty frequently with xenomorphs since it doesn't even ask.

I've been a larva probably more times than i've been any other antag.
Yeah this happens quite a bit.
>standard admin ghosting about
>Suddenly xeno
>welp best de-admin
>gets on with game.

Also is someone else going to look into this? Another headmin comment might be useful, then we can put this to bed whatever the end result.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #122675

Wow this is still open.

Anyway, as ausops said, we discussed it and although this complaint isn't actionable admins are now disallowed from rolling for antags that they themselves directly create, so they can't 'randomly' become a wizard after mashing the create wizard button half a dozen times.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"