[Hornygranny] kavrick - banned for making a joke about lag

Kavrick
Byond Username: Kavrick

[Hornygranny] kavrick - banned for making a joke about lag

Post by Kavrick » #147327

Byond account and character name: Kavrick and Kavrick Bravard
Admin: Hornygranny
Time incident occured: 11pm 1/18/16
Detailed summary: So it was nearing the end of the round, when i was banned the shuttle had just arrived, and because i could move or anything like that because of the lag i write: "remove singularity" as a joke, and only though a huge assumption would that even give any information about the round, and even then everyone already knew that, and without a message or anything like that i was banned for 15 minutes, now the ban itself wasn't a big deal, it's only 15 minutes, what was completely out of order was when i came back into the game i adminhelped it and asked what it was about in detail, and i got this lovely message Image, now i'm not a professional on the subject on administration but i dont think it's really acceptable to write "i'm a headadmin so you cant complain" the other admin who also messaged me was cool about it and this is the first time since joining the server i've had a problem with a admin being a dick.

Edit: for the people that replied to this thinking i'm complaining about the ban, i'm not, i understand the ban and everything, my problem was with a admin saying that because he's an admin i'm not allowed to complain, and i've seen in other threads that he's said similar shit threatening people by saying he's a headadmin, which is a completely dick move, you shouldn't have to try and scare people into speaking out against shit
Last edited by Kavrick on Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Re: [Hornygranny] kavrick - banned for making a joke about l

Post by Ahammer18 » #147328

Come on, you IC in OOC'd.
3. Do not say in character (IC) things in the out of character (OOC) chat channel
do not say OOC things in IC either. There is an exception for OOC in IC where terms like 'clickdrag X to Y, or look for the tab' is used to help a player.
This is literally a cut and dry server rule.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
Kavrick

Post by Kavrick » #147329

Ahammer18 wrote:Come on, you IC in OOC'd.
3. Do not say in character (IC) things in the out of character (OOC) chat channel
do not say OOC things in IC either. There is an exception for OOC in IC where terms like 'clickdrag X to Y, or look for the tab' is used to help a player.
This is literally a cut and dry server rule.
I already said the ban itself wasn't the problem
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #147331

So the problem is you're upset someone enforced one of the easiest to follow rules?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Kavrick

Post by Kavrick » #147332

Saegrimr wrote:So the problem is you're upset someone enforced one of the easiest to follow rules?
Obviously ignoring my main point, even said in my first posts that i didn't care about the ban, it was the message after i got banned
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #147333

Well you got told not to bother complaining by a headmin but you did anyway, so "ignoring the point" seems to be a running theme. Is it a lack of humor?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Kavrick

Post by Kavrick » #147334

Saegrimr wrote:Well you got told not to bother complaining by a headmin but you did anyway, so "ignoring the point" seems to be a running theme. Is it a lack of humor?
So what you're saying is that it's ok for head admins to be dicks towards people because their headadmins?
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #147338

Why would you complain about breaking a rule and getting banned for it, and being told that complaining about it won't get you anywhere, you're just wasting everyone's time
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Kavrick

Post by Kavrick » #147339

Shaps wrote:Why would you complain about breaking a rule and getting banned for it, and being told that complaining about it won't get you anywhere, you're just wasting everyone's time
Is everyone just ignoring the fact that i'm not talking about the ban?
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #147340

The message says that not only is it a 100% warranted ban but it is also a headmin who made the ban so there is no purpose to complaining. It's a tad bit course but if that really prompts you to make a complaint then you're being a wee bit too sensitive.
Kavrick

Post by Kavrick » #147341

TechnoAlchemist wrote:The message says that not only is it a 100% warranted ban but it is also a headmin who made the ban so there is no purpose to complaining. It's a tad bit course but if that really prompts you to make a complaint then you're being a wee bit too sensitive.
My point is that he shouldn't have to tell me that i cant complain because he's a headadmin, i've said repeatedly i dont give a shit about the fact that the ban was needed, i understand that i shouldn't do that but yet again, that's not the point, my point is that a headadmin shouldn't have to use the fact that he's a headadmin to reinforce something
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #147346

Kavrick wrote:
TechnoAlchemist wrote:The message says that not only is it a 100% warranted ban but it is also a headmin who made the ban so there is no purpose to complaining. It's a tad bit course but if that really prompts you to make a complaint then you're being a wee bit too sensitive.
My point is that he shouldn't have to tell me that i cant complain because he's a headadmin, i've said repeatedly i dont give a shit about the fact that the ban was needed, i understand that i shouldn't do that but yet again, that's not the point, my point is that a headadmin shouldn't have to use the fact that he's a headadmin to reinforce something
Since it's very obvious that you're new, allow me to explain to you that headmins are like the Gods of the server (not counting the host). Their words are final. If they say the ban is 100% valid, it is, and that is that. There is no point in arguing this ban, you are only risking making things harder on yourself.

If a headmin wants to use the fact that he's a headmin to reinforce a ban, he can. Suck it up.
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #147347

Just don't icky in the oocky very simple.
Pascal123
Byond Username: Pascal123

Post by Pascal123 » #147352

Can none of you read?

Yeah, sure. He may be taking what HG said a little far. But it is a problem occurring with admins.
duncathan
Byond Username: Dunc
Github Username: duncathan

Post by duncathan » #147353

what are you complaining about
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #147356

This is fucking retarded.
If it was a perma ban, yeah I can see complaining.
But a 15 minute ban? You're shitting up the forums for longer then that.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #147359

Everyone plz, we know it's retarded, don't make me lock this
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #147360

How overly sensitive do you have to be to complain when someone tells you "you did this obviously bad thing and got punished for it, get over it", this is a literal non-issue is all I'm saying
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #147407

Ugh, despite this being a clear ban I would say telling people not to complain is generally bad form as they can always complain.

Why you would do so in this case however is beyond me.

Can you even consider that reply rude? If you do it's the most minor form of rudeness I have ever seen someone take offence from.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #147411

The issue was not the banning here. If a headmin tells you not to complain you can quite easily (and clearly) still complain.
It wasn't the most sensible thing for them to say, but the general gist of what they are trying to get across is:
1. Your ban was for a legitimate rule breaking
2. its a short ban, theres no point appealing it
3. it was decided, finally, by a head admin so the discussion is set in stone (ultimately headmins jobs are to make final calls when and where necessary).

If there is a genuine issue and someone is still told not to complain it wont be actively stopped by said headmin. Admins have been already told (heads included) NOT to close any complaints about them, so they would get through.

Finally, this was a stupid throw away line with no real consequence, and we needn't make a mountain out of a molehill.
I'll speak to the other headmins, but Im fairly certain we can just close this and be done.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #148399

Kavrick wrote:what was completely out of order was when i came back into the game i adminhelped it and asked what it was about in detail
Spoiler:
[23:03:47]ADMIN: HELP: Kavrick/(Kavrick): I currently cant link my account to the forums so i cant post my complaint, earlier i was banned for a joke without even being talked to or anything like that, it was obviously a misunderstanding and i was straight away banned, which is fucking stupid, the context is that, the singularity was eating everything and making the server lag to shit, so i wrote in chat "remove singularity" and without a message from a admin or anything like that i was banned for 15 minutes, i dont care if it was for a short time it was completely unwarrented - heard by 3 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.
Sounds a lot less like you were asking about it and more like you were threatening to complain about the entirely justified ban. I don't really see how hornygranny did anything wrong here, obviously you still CAN complain but he was right to tell you not to bother since that was a dumb thing to complain about, just like this is.

Complaint denied.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"