Time-Green
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Time-Green

unfair banning

Post by Time-Green » #191640

Admin: okand37

My ckey: Time-Green

Time incident occured: 30 june, today
Detailed summary: I didn't know how to talk in clockwork tab, so I asked it in OOC. I wasn't a clock culthist btw. okand37 then bans me without any boinking at all for : False IC OOC
This ban was for 15 minutes, but there exists no rule against it, even if I actually intended to mess with people.

I am pretty sure he wouldn't have done it to anyone else, just me since I am new to this server.

I'd like this to get sorted out, if it's actually OK to ban someone without warning for non-existent rules.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: unfair banning

Post by Wyzack » #191641

False IC in OOC is a real rule, and we ban people for it all the time. It is also very easy to follow, I hope you have learned something. Ahelp questions like that rather than using OOC
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Time-Green
Code Maintainer

Post by Time-Green » #191649

May I ask why there exists no rule and why I was never told anything about it, and instead just right up banned?
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #191651

There's a long record of people getting banned for fake IC in OOC, it is very much a rule
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Time-Green
Code Maintainer

Post by Time-Green » #191654

How is one supposed to know non-existent rules?
I just started playing tg and never heard about it, I know the rules out of my head and it's not stated in there.
Can it at least be added to the rules to prevent things like this from happening?
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #191655

It's common sense and everyone else has managed to abide the rules to this day just fine. Leaking anything that looks like IC info in OOC is bad because no one knows that you're joking, so it gets handled as if it's real.
Time-Green
Code Maintainer

Post by Time-Green » #191657

The rules on /tg/ are very loose, so it would be common sense to me I could do it. I couldn't spoil IC info in OOC, but well, I didn't, I just asked how to talk in clockwork chat.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #191658

I apologise if you felt in any way targeted, but as they said leaking information like that looks like IC information in OOC to the rest of the people, who don't know you're joking. That means it can potentially influence their round and decisions, which is bad. IC in OOC itself is very strictly enforced due to it being a very easy rule to follow, that is often times broken, so admins may enforce it more harshly to cull that.

We do welcome players-both new and returning-to enjoy themselves on our server, but we also have to take action when it comes to rule breaking to ensure a good community.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #191660

In addition to the above, for sensitive questions like this, it'd be better to just ahelp an admin directly and ask them for help
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #191700

On a side note the "humorous" fake IC in IC on round start should be a no no as well.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #191707

are you seriously saying that making "blob confirmed" jokes before the round starts because the tip of the day was a blob tip should be bannable

fuck off
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #191711

iamgoofball wrote:are you seriously saying that making "blob confirmed" jokes before the round starts because the tip of the day was a blob tip should be bannable

fuck off
on roundstarts not before and I assume he is talking about people that go "VIVA" (or ;g aborsorbing ai) right as the round starts(IC, not OOC)
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #191724

Yes.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #191747

it's really situational and up to the admins to enforce based on their best judgement
ohnopigeons
Byond Username: Ohnopigeons
Github Username: ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #191748

unrelated people wrote:unrelated opinions
Stop trying to remove everything fun about this game like malfunctioning monkeys humor, please.

Anyways

It's a 15 minute ban, as part of a long-standing strict no tolerance of IC-in-OOC policy, give it up
Rules wrote:3. Do not say in character (IC) things in the out of character (OOC) chat channel.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #191778

Not an actionable complaint.