Aqualie123
Byond Username: Aqualie123

[owengo] Aqualie123 - grudge more?

Post by Aqualie123 » #218142

Key: Aqualie123
Character: Justice Huey
Admin: owengo
Time incident occurred: ~03:00 - ~5:20 AM EST
Detailed summary: This complaint spans over the duration of three shifts. During the first shift I was murdered and ahelp'd it to check if it was legit/valid, owengo responded asking me if there was anymore information I could give to which I said no and asking if it was legit. He then responded saying "Admins don't tell players if something is "legit" generally." I've been playing this game for some time now and this was the first time I've ever heard of this.. So I figured there may have been some confusion so I tried to clarify my ahelp and he responded with "Not here. We don't give players OOC information.".

The second shift I was a mid-round traitor virologist after the wizard was killed. I had spent most of the shift working on creating a super healing virus then moved onto genetics when I was assigned traitor. So I decided I would get a martial arts scroll for fun and continued working in genetics finding powers when the CMO randomly walks in and tries to shoot me with a staff of healing (deflected...) so after that I decided I'd have some fun since my cover was basically blown. Went around murdering when suddenly my virus that I spent most of the shift working on was randomly removed.. after I died he said be lucky I didn't spawn a anti carp deathsquad.

And the last shift I pretty much just sat in my office as CMO besides demoting and detaining the chemist who decided it'd be a good idea to thermite into my office while I'm sitting watching. Fast foward couple minutes later HoS walks into medbay with full riot gear on stand outside of my office and lasers me to death. I ahelp that the HoS just lasered me to death while I was sitting in my office and he replies asking if there was anymore information I could give. Again I say no I was sitting in my office and he walked in and lasered me to death. I was later cloned and the HoS was still walking around and I didn't receive any further response from the admin regarding this ahelp and he logged off later into the shift.

So I later found out myself during the first shift it was legit, I figured it was but I always make it a habit to check regardless since people do grief like in shift three.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Re: [owengo] Aqualie123 - grudge more?

Post by Screemonster » #218145

Parts one and three seem like "I immediately ahelped getting killed and he didn't confirm/deny traitor for me on the spot", which is normal. If an admin straight-up says "they're a traitor, it's valid" to someone that later gets cloned, then that person is coming back into the round with 100% admin-confirmed metaknowledge that the person in question is absolutely definitely a traitor, as opposed to the possible doubt that they might be mistaken, griefing, or one of a dozen other reasons why someone might kill another person as nonantag in this game.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #218146

Going by recent ban logs, that HoS was banned for a week. Just because someone didn't go braindead immediately when you mashed ahelp doesn't mean nothing is happening.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Aqualie123
Byond Username: Aqualie123

Post by Aqualie123 » #218150

Screemonster wrote:Parts one and three seem like "I immediately ahelped getting killed and he didn't confirm/deny traitor for me on the spot", which is normal. If an admin straight-up says "they're a traitor, it's valid" to someone that later gets cloned, then that person is coming back into the round with 100% admin-confirmed metaknowledge that the person in question is absolutely definitely a traitor, as opposed to the possible doubt that they might be mistaken, griefing, or one of a dozen other reasons why someone might kill another person as nonantag in this game.
Regardless if the person who was killed gets cloned or not, the person who killed them would be valid to them so responding with legit/valid as pretty much every other admin does isn't gamebreaking.
Saegrimr wrote:Going by recent ban logs, that HoS was banned for a week. Just because someone didn't go braindead immediately when you mashed ahelp doesn't mean nothing is happening.
That's good to know, some response or confirmation that some action was taken would have been nice to know as outlined in the admin conduct.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #218165

Only thing I see somewhat wrong here is Owegno not telling you it was resolved. Besides that, this is not an actionable complaint.