[Laharl Montgommery] - AllowingHoS to lynch a nonantag/igno

ElvisDandy
Byond Username: Marksdwarf

[Laharl Montgommery] - AllowingHoS to lynch a nonantag/igno

Post by ElvisDandy » #232527

Title:
[Laharl Montgommery] player name (I don't know) - Allowing a HoS to lynch a nonantag and ignore my requests for help

Post Content: Rule of Don't be a hypocrite and ignoring my request for AHelp while I was being lynched
My Byond account and character name: Marksdwarf (Schlomo Goldbagel)
Admin:Laharl Montgommery
Time incident occured: 4:00 am central time to 5:am central time Dec 5 2016 (Around 10 am server time I think,
Detailed summary:
So it was a wizard/abductor round. During the beginning I found some ID's of Assistants and a Sec officer.
The Captain said that he wanted the clown dead and the Warden left the armory door, the locker doors, and the sec floodgate entrance doors open.
She clearly didn't mind that I was there arming up for the Wizard. Then the HoS walks in and strips me, the CMO also enters the locker room and the HoS then drags me around because I told him there was a blob happening (because there were actual blob zombies, I didn't know if it was a double round or freak magic) he drags me around and then lets me go.
I ask for my stuff and he tells me he doesn't know, he tells me that the CMO took it. So I ask the CMO where my stuff was (some of it was still in the Security locker room lying on the floor, but the HoS doesn't give a shit even on a wizard round) he tells me I don't know and to fuck off.
So naturally I assume he was lying so I kept pushing him over and over to get him to talk, the HoS doesnt like that and then arrests me. Then a barkeep walks up with the chaplain and a chemist and they proceed to lynch me by dragging me in cuffs to a pyre in the center of the bar and burn me because I was "a witch".
The HoS just stands there with a shit eating grin since he thinks he bagged a antag. I ask the admins for help and no responce. He then tells me he'll look into it, and then I don't hear him for over a hour.
While this is going on, the HoS proceeds to butcher my corpse and leave it in robotics for me to be borged. And I keep asking the admins as to why the crew is allowed by the HoS to lynch a non antag for pushing the CMO over. He tells me he will investigate the matter and then proceeds to go afk, he doesn't tell me he is doing so. And I continuously ask for help since I was dead.
He gets back to me a hour later, takes 10 minutes and continuously ignores my question as to "can I be revived as a non antag being killed by a non antag lynch mob, and why is the HoS being a piece of shit for allowing this and harassing me", he tells me he will allow it since my behavior was "terrible" even though the only thing I did was walk into a armory as the quartermaster with the warden allowing this (because she was standing right next to me as I took a tazer for self defence), trip the CMO over, and demand that these players return my shit because him or the CMO blatantly threw it away and lied to me.

I'm a bit salty but why the hell is the admin allowing shitty player behavior when stuff like that would never happen during the day time in the US on /tg/
He blatantly ignored me and dodged my questions, did a half ass investigation(which still didn't tell me where my stuff went when there was only three people who where there while I was stripped), and my complain is of that he was ignoring AHelp (he could have told me he was going afk) and allowing HoS to do stuff that would get someone like me banned during normal server hours.

Included below is a screen cap of what he told me
https://s17.postimg.org/iosgwok1p/report.png
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Re: [Laharl Montgommery] - AllowingHoS to lynch a nonantag/

Post by capi duffman » #232529

You were raiding the armory, what did you expect of the HOS, to give you a hug and let you go?

You were acting like an antag and got treated like an antag, you're not entitled to a free revival over an IC issue.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #232593

Even in your narrative you acknowledge that the HoS believed you're an antag from your actions, so I'm not sure what you want him to do.

His only issue was not referring you to rule 10.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #232636

Why would you think pushing a HoS is a good idea?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #232675

Pro tip: Entering the armory without clear and deliberate permission from the warden, HoS, and captain, then proceeding to get caught, will almost always result in your death. This is valid and avoidable by simply not going into the armory.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Krusvik
Byond Username: Krusvik

Post by Krusvik » #233269

I'll cut this apart step by step where you went wrong.
The Captain said that he wanted the clown dead
I don't know how this is relevant, but if the captain is telling you to kill someone and you're not security, someone is getting bwoinked. You might not be in trouble, it might be valid, or you might be taking part in some captain's non-antag trolling. Either way this is a bad way to lead an admin complaint because sentence 1 there's shittery involved. Ask the head of security, or any security officer if the Captain is calling for a lynch. They might be able to tell you why, or to tell you the Captain is insane, as they may be actively trying to stop the Captain.
the Warden left the armory door open
That is not an invitation for you to walk in and loot the armory, that's the Warden's fault. Once you step into the armory, there's only a few assumptions someone can make behind your intent. If it's wizard round, you could be a survivalist. If it's traitors, you could be trying to get a weapon to kill your target. No sane crew member has a reason to enter the armory without the presumable intent to use the weapons in the armory, and more often than not security is safe to make the assumption that you will use the weapons to disable or kill if you're willing to make such an asinine decision as to walk into the armory without authorization. In addition to that, your confusing behavior continued in the quote I'm about to mention. Always make sure you have authorization from the HoS or Captain before you take from the armory, and it's clear and concise. This will cover your ass and make it easier for the admins to determine what happened. If you can get mindshield implanted, or tracking implanted, they may be more willing to give you a weapon. If the station is in such peril that you must have a weapon now to live, odds are security won't be sitting in the brig.
So naturally I assume he was lying so I kept pushing him over and over to get him to talk, the HoS doesnt like that and then arrests me.
You are becoming belligerent with a head of staff, the HoS has no reason to assume the CMO is lyng to you, and you just tried to walk out with guns without authorization. If this were the only thing to happen that led to you being lynched, maybe there would be a case here.
"can I be revived as a non antag being killed by a non antag lynch mob"
We don't really do this, in extreme cases we'll return players to the round, but not because of salt. Just don't ask for this in general.
While this is going on, the HoS proceeds to butcher my corpse and leave it in robotics for me to be borged.
At least he is trying to return you to the round as a cyborg, the HoS has fulfilled his obligation in the event of a misunderstanding invoked by poor escalation or poor player behavior. He believes you to be a traitor so regular cloning is out of the question. I don't know why he butchered you but if you were dead already why does it matter?

I'm a bit salty but why the hell is the admin allowing shitty player behavior when stuff like that would never happen during the day time in the US on /tg/
This happens all the time, regardless of the day. Admins are constantly dealing with shitty player behavior, and this is always one of the cases. Someone pokes a bear, they get bit, and then bitch about it. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

In summary, I find no reason to scold Laharl on his conduct regarding what appears to be an every day case of IC issues between players acting like they dindu nuffin.
Laharl Monthy
Byond Username: Laharl Montgommery

Post by Laharl Monthy » #233779

Right, so I'll be honest : I've been on and off during this round (IRL/work matters) - however, I did investigate - a bit of log diving and talking with the HoS and you. Enough to give me a picture of the whole thing, I thought. I do apologize for this.

Anyway...

I'm not going to rehash what's already been said - I believe the other admins said it better than I could. But! Since this concerns me, I do need to chime in.

You speak to me of enabling shitty behavior, but you were pretty damn bad yourself during this shift.
[10:14:49]SAY: Schlomo Goldbagel/Marksdwarf : GIVE ME BACK MY SHIT YOU NIGGER!!!
[10:14:49]SAY: mouse/ : Squeek!
[10:14:51]SAY: Schlomo Goldbagel/Marksdwarf : GIVE ME BACK MY SHIT YOU NIGGER!!!
[10:14:56]SAY: Schlomo Goldbagel/Marksdwarf : GIVE ME BACK MY SHIT YOU NIGGER!!!
From what I gathered, this was when the HoS was calmly asking the CMO if you had his stuff, while arresting you. In fact, I'd say the HoS had given you a fair amount of chance even after breaking into the armory.

There's also the fact that when I told you that I was closing the case, you flat out went "Ho, fine. If the HoS is allowed to do this, that means that next time I'm HoS, i'll grudge-do it too!". I don't think you realised, but that's not the kind of stuff you should throw at the admin's face when you're adminhelping.

In short? What's happened to you is mostly the consequences of your own actions. Next time, think if what you are doing will get you into trouble - if you have a doubt, the answer is generally "Yes".
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #233849

Looks like everythings wrapped up here so I'm gunna go ahead and lock it and move it, cheers!
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?