[MimicFaux] MrAlphonzo - Abusing build mode

MrAlphonzo
Byond Username: MrAlphonzo

[MimicFaux] MrAlphonzo - Abusing build mode

Post by MrAlphonzo » #236626

Byond Account and character name: MrAlphonzo/Jan Michael Vincent VIII
Admin: MimicFaux
Time Incident occurred: Around 4:30 on 12/17/16.

Detailed Summary:
During a wizard round, I had noticed ash walkers were flooding the station. A player who had killed the slaughter demon informed me their entire nest was in cargo maintenance. With the help of a chemist, I suited up and proceeded to kill every Ash Walker in the nest. I began beating the nest into a nearly destroyed state until two more ash walkers entered the nest. I attempted to fall back, to grab more ammunition, when two stacked goliath tendrils instantaneously stunlocked me. With the damage from the tendrils and the stabs from the Ash Walkers, I had died. Three admins and a coder were on, and I repeatedly asked if those goliath tendrils were spawned in. There was no response. After the round, I once again asked in OOC, and there was no response. Seeing as how I was doing rather well that round, I figured the story would fit the "Rage, Tears, and Regret" thread. Overnight, Ausops kindly donated the logs from that round in which it is blatant that two instances of goliath tendrils were spawned underneath me, by MimicFaux, after I had killed the ash walker he was playing as.

I'm not sure which is more upsetting, the goliath tendrils in the first place, or the lack of response from four people who have access to the logs.

EDIT: I probably should put the logs in.
Spoiler:
[04:24:37]ACCESS: Login: mimicfaux/(an ash walker) from|| BYOND v511
[04:33:15]SAY: Jip Dribbles/mimicfaux : L-LIZ-ZASSS-SSSR-RD
[04:33:17]SAY: Jip Dribbles/mimicfaux : I AM-M L-L-LIZ-ZAR-R-R-RD-D-D
[04:33:27]EMOTE: Jip Dribbles/mimicfaux : <B>Jip Dribbles</B> seizes up and falls limp, their eyes dead and lifeless...

[04:34:00]SAY: Ghost/mimicfaux : Well, we were the last two
[04:34:06]SAY: Ghost/mimicfaux : And thus ends our legacy

[04:34:33]ADMIN: Build Mode: mimicfaux/(Banalz-Mim) modified Goliath tentacle's (88,86,1) dir to 2
[04:34:34]ADMIN: Build Mode: mimicfaux/(Banalz-Mim) modified Goliath tentacle's (88,87,1) dir to 2
[04:34:38]SAY: Jan Michael Vincent VIII/MrAlphonzo : WHAT
[04:34:39]SAY: Jan Michael Vincent VIII/MrAlphonzo : WHAT THE FUCK
[04:34:43]ADMIN: Build Mode: mimicfaux/(Banalz-Mim) modified Goliath tentacle's (88,86,1) dir to 2

[04:35:25]SAY: Ghost/MrAlphonzo : WHERE THE FUCK
[04:35:26]SAY: Ghost/MrAlphonzo : DID GOLIATH TENDRILS
[04:35:27]SAY: Ghost/MrAlphonzo : COME FORM

[04:47:12]OOC: MrAlphonzo/MrAlphonzo : AM I INSANE, OR DID SOMEBODY SPAWN TENDRILS UNDER ME WHEN I WAS DUNKING THE ASS WALKERS?
I did post this in the right part of the forums, right?
MimicFaux
Byond Username: MimicFaux

Re: [MimicFaux] MrAlphonzo - Abusing build mode

Post by MimicFaux » #236638

It's the right forum, yes. The Ash Walker nest was part of side event I'd put whipped together in a couple of minutes. The station was announced that 'most of the meteor damage from a previous shift was repaired, but some of the larger rocks' ie, the one the Ash nest starts nestled in, 'were still lodged in the hull'. So I dropped it in the gap in Box's maint.

The idea behind the tendrils had been once someone gets to the nest and starts hammering on it, have it have like a 'thorns armour' and spike back within the nest. I am sorry I never got back to you that round about it, or anyone else for that matter. It was a poorly executed event during wizard shenanigans, that should have been done better, if at all.
ImageImageImage
MrAlphonzo
Byond Username: MrAlphonzo

Post by MrAlphonzo » #236641

I don't think an ash walker nest with goliath tendrils for self defense was a wise idea, nor should they have instantaneously stunned, but that is besides the point. As long as you don't repeat the same mistakes in future admin events, I suppose there is no need to drag the complaint on any further.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #236642

Looks like we've reached a happy conclusion between both participants, hooray! Generally, wizard rounds open up more room for admin events and more leniency towards aggressive or magical events, and sometimes a new wizard might be spawned if the old one caused little damage/died quickly and the crew is still in a fighting shape. However, we do try to leave most events to be off to the side to not involve parties that do not want to get involved, as well as try to leave them to be less grief or antagonistic based if they involve the entirety of the crew (IE: Ashwalkers) I would like to note the goliath's instantaneous ability to stun you was not due to the admin in question, however!

I'm glad a general agreement between the two parties was found, however. Always a good thing when we can avoid arguments and leave with a mutual happiness on the situations resolvement! : )
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?