[kevinz000] failure to communicate

IcePacks
Byond Username: IcePacks

[kevinz000] failure to communicate

Post by IcePacks » #252747

Byond account and character name: icepacks, brick paxxx
Admin: kevinz000
Time and Server incident occurred: 12:20-ish est
Detailed summary: Basically, this thread. Kev doesn't want to listen, banned me for a day for a failed attempt at self-revenge, which doesn't really make a whole lot of sense considering people are (objectively, rightfully) justified when they're willing to murder you for much less while they're still alive, and, perhaps most egregiously, gave me a ton of shit for a bunch of stuff that I did almost entirely as a secondary antagonist in the round.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Re: [kevinz000] failure to communicate

Post by kevinz000 » #252751

You were de zombied. I treated you as a conversion antag for that case, and anyone ranking higher is welcome ofcourse to correct me on that if I was wrong.
Getting killed multiple times as a zombie is not going to justify you LMGing security, or trying to, for that matter.
Also, failure to communicate? You threatened a complaint if I banned you and said either ban me or drop it, and I'm not going to drop it because you threatened to start a shitstorm. I did want to listen, but you didn't.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #252754

[05:13:40]ADMIN: PM: Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman)->IcePacks/(Bryce Pax): and why exactly are you aiming for the HoS with a lethal gun?
[05:13:44]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): who has spent the entirety of the round locking me up in various embarassing situations
You were being a greyshit and rushed the captain office and were treated as such.
[05:14:14]ADMIN: PM: Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman)->IcePacks/(Bryce Pax): Why exactly are you using lethal weapons on security for arrests?
[05:14:36]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): that's a question only you can answer since i was shooting to kill
This, is NOT a valid answer, I expected an explanation, not something that's basically dodging it.
[05:14:48]ADMIN: PM: Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman)->IcePacks/(Bryce Pax): so is that an assistant ban?
Trying to get you to you know, cooperate, I was probably too aggressive, I'll admit.
[05:14:56]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): the whole concept was me rising against security since i've spent literally three lives getting pooped on by them
The only one where you weren't a zombie was the one that deserved getting pooped on because you were greyshitting and got treated as such.
[05:15:05]ADMIN: PM: Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman)->IcePacks/(Bryce Pax): because come on man, there's better answers than that.
[05:15:16]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): my friend
[05:15:29]ADMIN: PM: Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman)->IcePacks/(Bryce Pax): i'd suggest just coming clean with everything you've done this round before i grab the server logs friend.
Believe it or not, I was trying to get you to talk, but as above, I was probably a little too aggressive.
[05:15:37]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): you are very silly and bold, but since i've been killed about four or five times in this round by security
4-5 != 3 lives.
[05:15:43]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): perhaps now
[05:15:53]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): in this big ol' meme round
[05:15:53]ADMIN: PM: Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman)->IcePacks/(Bryce Pax): alright I'll grab the logs and see .
[05:15:58]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): it isn't the time
[05:16:07]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): alright go for it
[05:17:21]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): while i'm at it
[05:17:30]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): and before you say anything else
[05:17:34]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): i'd like to warn you
[05:17:46]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): you've summoned a shitload of guns and various antags this round.
Wasn't me friend.
[05:18:11]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): there's guns literally everywhere
[05:18:12]ADMIN: PM: Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman)->IcePacks/(Bryce Pax): i have not touched a single event or antag button this round sir.
[05:18:27]ADMIN: PM: Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman)->IcePacks/(Bryce Pax): having a gun isn't a license to grief. being icepacks isn't a license to grief. antags everywhere isn't a license to grief.
Just because you see other people greytiding doesn't mean you should too! Just because you have a LMG doesn't mean you can shoot security with it.
[05:18:29]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): the effect's more or less the same
[05:18:41]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): since i was a zombie, and, before that, in the permabrig
Treating a zombie as a conversion antag, headmins or anyone is free to correct me.
[05:18:45]ADMIN: PM: Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman)->IcePacks/(Bryce Pax): No, it's not, so what if guns are everywhere, it does not make the rules invalid.
It really doesn't.
[05:19:02]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): and was killed as a human, a zombie, a zombie, a zombie again, a zombie a fourth time, and i think a fifth time as a zombie
[05:19:31]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): and half the crew's about to butcher each other
[05:19:41]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): i'd recommend you quickly drop it
No, I'm not.
[05:20:09]ADMIN: PM: Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman)->IcePacks/(Bryce Pax): I'd recommend you start giving straight answers and not telling me that somehow this invalidates you killing people for bad reasons.
[05:20:16]ADMIN: PM: Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman)->IcePacks/(Bryce Pax): Ok yeah, did you try breaking in the captain's office?
[05:20:19]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): i literally gave you complete straight answer
[05:20:30]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): i walked in at the start of the round
[05:20:43]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): the captain tried shooting me so i disarmed him
[05:21:18]ADMIN: PM: Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman)->IcePacks/(Bryce Pax): I dunno this whole incident seems like you started greytiding. I've finally gotten logs to work for me.
[05:21:31]ADMIN: PM: Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman)->IcePacks/(Bryce Pax): So you went into the captain's office, and greytided the captain, and got arreste.
[05:21:36]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): that would suggest the first incident didn't end the first time i was killed
[05:21:57]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): since the actual incident you're now fixating on is about half an hour, maybe more prior to the actual incident you ahelped me for
[05:22:09]ADMIN: PM: Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman)->IcePacks/(Bryce Pax): You mentioned security killing you multiple times.
[05:22:09]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): and was, again, about six or seven lifetimes prior
Is it 3-4, 4-5, or 6-7?
[05:22:17]ADMIN: PM: Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman)->IcePacks/(Bryce Pax): So now I'm investigating why they killed you each and every time.
[05:22:17]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): they did! because i was a zombie.
Conversion antag, blah blah blah, correct me if I'm wrong.
[05:22:22]ADMIN: PM: Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman)->IcePacks/(Bryce Pax): And frankly it looks like you were greytiding.
[05:22:23]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): oh, and the time i walked out of the permabrig.
[05:22:33]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): i tell you what, kev
[05:22:37]ADMIN: PM: Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman)->IcePacks/(Bryce Pax): At the start of the shift you greytided the captain and got perma'd for it. That's a bit harsh, but it's completely valid ruleswise to do so.
Maybe realize I'm trying to sort out the situation instead of banning you?
[05:22:46]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): if you want to try and make this ban, go ahead
Not even going to listen to me?
[05:22:50]ADMIN: PM: Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman)->IcePacks/(Bryce Pax): Afterwards you SOMEHOW got broken out of perma or whatever when you were attacking officers.
[05:23:08]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): there's going to be more than an appeal if you do, though
Threatening is not going to help you.
[05:23:11]ADMIN: PM: Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman)->IcePacks/(Bryce Pax): Are you going to listne to me explain why it's not valid for you to be opening up with lethal force on security or not?
At that point you sounded like you didn't care.
[05:23:25]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): i've already explained that that particular individual has killed me three times, correct?
[05:23:36]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): zombies can't greytide.
You could as a human, and you retaliated for it afterwards.
[05:23:37]ADMIN: PM: Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman)->IcePacks/(Bryce Pax): Yes, and I'm looking into it.
[05:23:39]ADMIN: PM: KorPhaeron/(Kor Phaeron)->IcePacks/(Bryce Pax): you should probably just appeal since you two are talking right past eachother
[05:23:54]ADMIN: PM: Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman)->IcePacks/(Bryce Pax): You got permabrigged for greytiding, and you got killed when you attacked officers after they entered permabrig
My mistake, you said you were let out, I didn't have time to verify that since you basically brushed me off, but all I saw was that you were shooting a magspear at people and causing a scene at the brig.
[05:24:01]ADMIN: PM: Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman)->IcePacks/(Bryce Pax): That makes you valid to security alone.
[05:24:10]ADMIN: PM: Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman)->IcePacks/(Bryce Pax): Expecially because you shot them with lethal weapons.
[05:24:12]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): i was killed in an effort to escape
[05:24:22]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): the officers fired on me and i picked up a shield
Well yeah they'll probably try to stop you from escaping.
[05:24:25]ADMIN: PM: Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman)->IcePacks/(Bryce Pax): You shot them with a magnetic speargun in "an effort to escape" that's not just effort to escape.
[05:24:27]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): that was literally it
[05:24:39]ADMIN: PM: IcePacks/(Bryce Pax)->Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman): again: throw down the ban or drop it
I'm not dropping it because you threatened to start stuff.
[05:25:11]ADMIN: Kevinz000/(Skylar Lineman) has banned icepacks.
Reason: icepacks/(Bryce Pax)
[05:25:11]ACCESS: Logout: icepacks[DC]/(Bryce Pax)
This could of been a warning, and might not even a note, but since you refuse to talk and instead say throw down the ban or drop it, I'm going to throw down the ban.
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #252851

Both parties are pretty bad at communication here in all honestly. I'll probably talk with Kevinz about communication and tunnel vision on a specific issue, but the vague answers and accusations from Icepacks don't help matters either. Other than that, seeing the appeal got resolved there isn't much point in keeping this up. I'm closing this.
Freedom