[LaharlMontgommery] Nilons - greyshit incident

Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

[LaharlMontgommery] Nilons - greyshit incident

Post by Nilons » #258433

Byond account and character name: Nilons, Richard Maleficus

Admin: Laharl Montgommery

Time and Server incident occurred: 2/20/2017 22:40:46

Detailed summary: I was the roboticist and after going to stop the clock cult from recalling in atmos that round I went back to robotics, the emergency shuttle was almost here and I saw Mehki Anderson making a durand even though he was a greyshirt, I grabbed the armour plates in my ripley and stopped him from finishing the durand. I did all of this without hurting him. Then he got a geneticist with hulk to help him break the ripley and then put me into crit in the now oxygenless room (oxygenless due to the shuttle colliding with the station). He finished the durand, healed me, left me cuffed and threw me on the shuttle. I ahelped why its okay for greyshirts to go in and make durand's and crit people when they tried to stop them. Laharlmontgommery, who had an in character feud the previous round with me which I believe could have contributed to how little a shit he gave about my ahelp, responded. Admin PM from-Laharl Montgommery: Kill? You're plenty alive. I had included kill in my original ahelp because I didn't see myself being healed, but Laharl chose to focus on that aspect instead of my actual complaint. I responded with me apologizing for that misinformation and trying to call attention to actual issue I had. PM to-Admins: My bad, beat me to unconsciousness in a room with no oxygen. Still put me into crit for doing my job and stopping him from building a combat mech. Laharl responded being pretty rude and insinuating that it was okay that he put me into crit because he healed, regardless of why he did it. Admin PM from-Laharl Montgommery: Aaaaand he did that subdue you, and healed you back up. You don't really have a case here. After this I admit I got on edge a little bit and tried to draw attention to how fucking stupid that is by sending PM to-Admins: So as long as I heal someone I can do literally anything I wantt to them regardless of motivations? That's the message im getting here. Instead of responding to this and telling me his grievances with it he decides to leave what I think is a note (but it was labelled a message) because it shows up in my admin notes saying that they should "Probably not keep this one" it's no longer in there. All in all pretty rude, avoided the issue I was trying to get to and didn't do anything.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Re: [LaharlMontgommery] Nilons - greyshit incident

Post by kevinz000 » #258460

I'm a /promoted/ greyshit. Also, you randomly stood in my cell when I got brigged by some random shitcurity officer "as a prank, bro", and kept pushing me inside and said you'd clamp me if I hit you with my fists (Oh wow that does no damage!) again.
Then, after I upgrade robotics, grab materials, and get like 2 research levels, and I'm trying to build a mech to do the same thing, you run inside with a ripley and go "Uh, no". Uh, yes, you were away being a dick to me and validhunting, and then you come back and start to drill the chassis that took time and effort to make. The hulk started punching you and I joined in (I would of did it anyways but the hulk just made me do it sooner.), and when we crit you I stopped and put you on a table and healed you, after restraining you to ensure you didn't continue. Then I made my mech and threw you on the shuttle and moved on.

tl;dr don't troll randoms you see on the station or it might come back to bite you. Oh, and don't just go "uh no" and start drilling someone's mech chassis just because.
editedit: i didn't get a geneticist with hulk to fight you, but I guess they saw you breaking robotics machinery after someone said you were a clockcultist, so I guess you deserved it for looking suspicious?
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #258469

Nilons wrote:After this I admit I got on edge a little bit and tried to draw attention to how fucking stupid that is by sending PM to-Admins: So as long as I heal someone I can do literally anything I wantt to them regardless of motivations?
tip from admins to players: straw man statements like this are never received well by any administrator
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #258475

I stood in your cell for the time you were brigged, and when you attacked me I told you Id hit back if you didnt stop, totally unreasonable I know right. And just because you're an admin doesn't mean people should let you make a combat mech. I wasn't valid hunting by non violently stopping you from doing something that was incredibly dangerous to the station and the only reason you're calling me one is because it makes me look worse. If anything you're the valid hunter, you'd attack and crit someone for telling you that you can't have a mech you fucking baby

Edit: You have personally given me shit for doing exactly what you did in this scenario kevin, critting someone with the intent of cryoing/healing them as a method of subdual has gotten me at least 1 talking to by you.
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #258500

You have personally given me shit for doing exactly what you did in this scenario kevin, critting someone with the intent of cryoing/healing them as a method of subdual has gotten me at least 1 talking to by you
It's almost like things are handled on a case by case basis.
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #258514

Nilons wrote:I stood in your cell for the time you were brigged, and when you attacked me I told you Id hit back if you didnt stop, totally unreasonable I know right. And just because you're an admin doesn't mean people should let you make a combat mech. I wasn't valid hunting by non violently stopping you from doing something that was incredibly dangerous to the station and the only reason you're calling me one is because it makes me look worse. If anything you're the valid hunter, you'd attack and crit someone for telling you that you can't have a mech you fucking baby

Edit: You have personally given me shit for doing exactly what you did in this scenario kevin, critting someone with the intent of cryoing/healing them as a method of subdual has gotten me at least 1 talking to by you.
My timer was out and I found out the brigging was literally someone fucking with me fnr as I never got a reason and you stood in the door pushing me back inside when I tried to get out. Also unarmed attacks to mechs don't do damage whatsoever and if you call that attacking I don't know what to say.
Edit: I smacked your mech a single time unarmed.
Admins are treated as players when they are playing.
Also drilling an expensive mech and breaking a robotics lab is different from telling.
I intended to get you to low health and stun you with a flash to cuff you but I miscalculated so I healed you out of CRIT.
Last edited by kevinz000 on Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #258515

Also do you really want me to bring up that cargonia episode because that went down way more differently.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #258517

I'm on a phone so typing out things well is hard but when did I ever call you a validhunter?
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #258522

It's really weird that there's a new trend coming up where you can do <not your job> but as soon as someone else does <not their job> it's like you have to try to subdue them.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #258523

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:It's really weird that there's a new trend coming up where you can do <not your job> but as soon as someone else does <not their job> it's like you have to try to subdue them.
Everything I wanted to say put into better words.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #258527

IrishWristWatch0 wrote:
You have personally given me shit for doing exactly what you did in this scenario kevin, critting someone with the intent of cryoing/healing them as a method of subdual has gotten me at least 1 talking to by you
actually it's because kevinz000 is hypocritical about of a lot of his rulings
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #258528

beerobot wrote:
IrishWristWatch0 wrote:
Well that's just no bueno. I take back what I said
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #258571

beerobot wrote:
IrishWristWatch0 wrote:
Um... How so? My note on him was something about cargonia/guncargo, how is this the same thing..?
edit: define a lot and give examples.
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #258629

if you want to whinge about some completely unrelated incident, make a separate complaint or appeal against kevinz000

attack logs:
Spoiler:
[22:26:47]ATTACK: Mekhi Anderson(kevinz000) fired at Big Dick Rick with the bluespace beam Robotics Lab(145,77,1)
[22:27:06]ATTACK: Richard Maleficus(nilons) attacked Vassada() with hydraulic clamp(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 36)(146,77,1)
[22:27:10]ATTACK: Richard Maleficus(nilons) attacked Vassada() with hydraulic clamp(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 14)(147,76,1)
[22:27:14]ATTACK: Richard Maleficus(nilons) attacked Mekhi Anderson(kevinz000) with Big Dick Rick(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 87)(148,78,1)
[22:27:20]ATTACK: Richard Maleficus(nilons) attacked Mekhi Anderson(kevinz000) with Big Dick Rick(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 85)(146,78,1)
[22:27:23]ATTACK: Richard Maleficus(nilons) attacked Mekhi Anderson(kevinz000) with Big Dick Rick(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 81)(146,78,1)
[22:27:43]ATTACK: Mekhi Anderson(kevinz000) fired at floor with the repulsion bolt Research Division(140,81,1)
[22:27:53]ATTACK: Mekhi Anderson(kevinz000) fired at floor with the repulsion bolt Research Division(131,92,1)
[22:27:53]ATTACK: Mekhi Anderson(kevinz000) shot Richard Maleficus(nilons) with the repulsion bolt (NEWHP: 100)(131,91,1)
[22:27:54]ATTACK: Richard Maleficus(nilons) attacked Mekhi Anderson(kevinz000) with welding tool(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: FIRE) (NEWHP: 66)(130,92,1)
[22:27:56]ATTACK: Richard Maleficus(nilons) attacked Richard Maleficus(nilons) with welding tool(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: FIRE) (NEWHP: 85)(132,90,1)
[22:27:59]ATTACK: Mekhi Anderson(kevinz000) fired at floor with the orange bluespace beam Research Division(133,91,1)
[22:28:00]ATTACK: Mekhi Anderson(kevinz000) fired at floor with the bluespace beam Research Division(134,90,1)
[22:28:04]ATTACK: Mekhi Anderson(kevinz000) fired at wall with the repulsion bolt Research Division(141,80,1)
[22:28:04]ATTACK: Mekhi Anderson(kevinz000) shot Richard Maleficus(nilons) with the repulsion bolt (NEWHP: 85)(140,79,1)
[22:28:12]ATTACK: Richard Maleficus(nilons) attacked Mekhi Anderson(kevinz000) with welding tool(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: FIRE) (NEWHP: 54.5)(145,77,1)
[22:28:13]ATTACK: Mekhi Anderson(kevinz000) flashed Richard Maleficus(nilons) with the flash (NEWHP: 76)(146,77,1)
[22:28:15]ATTACK: Vassada() stunned Richard Maleficus(nilons) (NEWHP: 73)(146,77,1)
[22:28:16]ATTACK: Mekhi Anderson(kevinz000) attacked Richard Maleficus(nilons) with fire extinguisher(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 63)(146,77,1)
[22:28:17]ATTACK: Vassada() punched Richard Maleficus(nilons) with hulk powers (NEWHP: 63)(146,77,1)
[22:28:18]ATTACK: Mekhi Anderson(kevinz000) attacked Richard Maleficus(nilons) with fire extinguisher(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 35)(146,77,1)
[22:28:18]ATTACK: Vassada() punched Richard Maleficus(nilons) with hulk powers (NEWHP: 35)(146,77,1)
[22:28:19]ATTACK: Mekhi Anderson(kevinz000) attacked Richard Maleficus(nilons) with fire extinguisher(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 10)(146,77,1)
[22:28:20]ATTACK: Vassada() punched Richard Maleficus(nilons) with hulk powers (NEWHP: 10)(146,77,1)
[22:28:21]ATTACK: Mekhi Anderson(kevinz000) attacked Richard Maleficus(nilons) with fire extinguisher(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -15.6667)(146,77,1)
[22:28:21]ATTACK: Vassada() punched Richard Maleficus(nilons) with hulk powers (NEWHP: -15.6667)(146,77,1)
[22:28:24]ATTACK: Mekhi Anderson(kevinz000) grabbed Richard Maleficus(nilons) aggressively (NEWHP: -31.3333)(145,76,1)
[22:28:25]ATTACK: Mekhi Anderson(kevinz000) thrown Richard Maleficus(nilons) from <font color='#6b5d00'>tile at 144, 76, 1 in area Robotics Lab</font> with the target <font color='#6b4400'>tile at 149, 79, 1 in area Robotics Lab</font> (NEWHP: -32)(145,76,1)
[22:28:44]ATTACK: Mekhi Anderson(kevinz000) injected Richard Maleficus(nilons) with the epinephrine medipen(Epinephrine) (NEWHP: -7.33333)(148,79,1)
[22:28:54]ATTACK: Mekhi Anderson(kevinz000) handcuffed Richard Maleficus(nilons) (NEWHP: -3.33333)(148,79,1)
[22:30:49]ATTACK: Mekhi Anderson(kevinz000) attacked Richard Maleficus(nilons) with black cap(INTENT: GRAB) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 62)(143,69,1)
[22:30:51]ATTACK: Mekhi Anderson(kevinz000) grabbed Richard Maleficus(nilons) aggressively (NEWHP: 62)(143,69,1)
[22:30:53]ATTACK: Mekhi Anderson(kevinz000) thrown Richard Maleficus(nilons) from <font color='#6b5d00'>tile at 143, 70, 1 in area Emergency Shuttle</font> with the target <font color='#6b4400'>tile at 150, 69, 1 in area Emergency Shuttle</font> (NEWHP: 59)(143,69,1)
adminhelp logs:
Spoiler:
[22:28:39]ADMIN: HELP: NIlons/(Richard Maleficus): Was mehki antag? Cause he killed me for trying to stop him from building a durand when he was a greyshirt - heard by 3 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.
[22:28:52]ADMIN: Laharl Montgommery/(Bartholomew Williams) checked antagonists.
[22:29:09]ADMIN: ASAY: Laharl Montgommery/(Bartholomew Williams) : Ho dear
[22:29:13]ADMIN: ASAY: Laharl Montgommery/(Bartholomew Williams) : He wasn't
[22:29:38]ADMIN: PM: Laharl Montgommery/(Bartholomew Williams)->Kevinz000/(Mekhi Anderson): Hey! You killed the roboticist? Why?
[22:29:45]ADMIN: PM: Kevinz000/(Mekhi Anderson)->Laharl Montgommery/(Bartholomew Williams): >_< he's not dead.
[22:29:57]ADMIN: PM: Laharl Montgommery/(Bartholomew Williams)->Kevinz000/(Mekhi Anderson): Is he not? Hu.
[22:30:23]ADMIN: PM: Laharl Montgommery/(Bartholomew Williams)->Kevinz000/(Mekhi Anderson): Ho, you put him in crit, then healed him.
[22:30:26]ADMIN: PM: Kevinz000/(Mekhi Anderson)->Laharl Montgommery/(Bartholomew Williams): he just said lmao too :P
[22:30:42]ADMIN: PM: Kevinz000/(Mekhi Anderson)->Laharl Montgommery/(Bartholomew Williams): really, if you want the full story, he ran into robo with a ripley and tried to break my durand so me and a hulk critted him after he drilled the fabs too
[22:31:15]ADMIN: PM: Kevinz000/(Mekhi Anderson)->Laharl Montgommery/(Bartholomew Williams): but yeah, I healed him up, hope that leaves me not-bad?
[22:31:43]ADMIN: PM: Laharl Montgommery/(Bartholomew Williams)->NIlons/(Richard Maleficus): Kill? You're plenty alive.
[22:32:15]ADMIN: PM: NIlons/(Richard Maleficus)->Laharl Montgommery/(Bartholomew Williams): My bad, beat me to unconsciousness in a room with no oxygen. Still put me into crit for doing my job and stopping him from building a combat mech
[22:32:42]ADMIN: PM: Laharl Montgommery/(Bartholomew Williams)->NIlons/(Richard Maleficus): Aaaaand he did that subdue you, and healed you back up. You don't really have a case here.
[22:33:06]ADMIN: PM: NIlons/(Richard Maleficus)->Laharl Montgommery/(Bartholomew Williams): So as long as I heal someone I can do literally anything I wantt to them regardless of motivations? Thats the message im getting here
[22:33:38]ADMIN: Kevinz000 re-adminned themselves.
[22:34:57]ADMIN: PM: NIlons/(Richard Maleficus)->Laharl Montgommery/(Bartholomew Williams): Like he put me into crit for trying to stop him from doing something wildly outside of his job, which was dangerous to the station, which I was reasonable to object to. And its okay because he healed me? Ive been warned for doing more justified shit than that and healing people back up
[22:34:58]ADMIN: Laharl Montgommery/(Bartholomew Williams) has created a message for nilons: Reply PM from-NIlons/(Richard Maleficus): So as long as I heal someone I can do literally anything I wantt to them regardless of motivations? Thats the message im getting here. ==> If he keeps going on like this, I suggest not keeping him for long.
not really seeing this complaint as actionable, you got in a fight for understandable reasons from both sides and no one even died
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #258718

To clarify slightly, I was the RD during this round and "promoted" (gave Mekhi Anderson access to standard science departments, including robotics) after he showed a fair amount of reliability and not greyshitting. The only reason his title was still Assistant was because the RD ID console can't change titles (something that should probably change).

So he was actually authorized to be there, and this comes down more to (understandable given his uniform and title on ID) workplace squabbling as opposed to robotics vs grey-tide.

I would have been around to help resolve the situation but as I recall at the time I was getting culted in the dorms.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #258740

This complaint is not actionable, the admin didn't act in bad faith nor was wrong in this situation.
And I feel like it's turned more into a pseudo ban request against kevinz. So I am closing this.