[Cedarbridge, Ausops] - Negligence

D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

[Cedarbridge, Ausops] - Negligence

Post by D&B » #259137

Byond account and character name: Repukan, Donatello Versus

Admin: Cedarbridge, Ausops

Time and Server incident occurred: Bagil, 10:30 PM EST (Aprox)

Detailed summary: This is not a ban request, but due to the nature of the events that took place during the round, I will be explaining in detail what happened to the best of my knowledge.
Spoiler:
Round start, as HoS, I move in to secure the disk, exchange a few words with the HoP, and report back to security. I see Kel Thuzad and Luck trying to get into the armory (they haven't entered the brig yet, but Luck tried to law 2 the AI into letting him into the armory unsuccesfully.) They both are arrested and given short sentences, before wizard reports are shouted on the radio and I rally weapons to give to my officers. Wizard has killed a few people so far with Ei Nath and rod form.

Wizard teleports into the Vault and gets promptly shot to death by an officer and I. As we move outside to secure its clothes, Cargo Tech Negan takes the wizard away from my grasp and loots the body (I couldn't stop him since I had no ammo left in my tazer and was slowed down by hardsuit and damage.) I move back into the brig to check the damage into the armory, and see Reese Marcotte hovering nearby trying to break in. They escape and are left to go promptly. During this time, an officer released Luck from the permabrig with no authorization from Warden, Captain, or I, HoS. (Gene Ball gave the order, who did it is unknown.)

A short time later Negan teleports into the brig and immediately tries to attack officers, to which he is promptly put down. I ahelped earlier to see if he was an antagonist, and it showed he was not. I called over a chaplain and ordered them to shard Negan to order him to reveal the location of the wizard's corpse. He refuses to talk as a shade, and I just leave him in the care of the chaplain.

Around this time Luck get set in fire and starts lighting officers in fire as well, while Reese Marcotte slips me and attempts to rescue Luck after he is shot down.

I move to respond to the AI announcing someone trying to kill it. I deal with that, and as I move to the brig to recharge weapons, I see someone sneaking into the armory. I tase them and get killed by a rod wizard that I hadn't seen. An officer had apparently cloned them and given them their clothes back with no authorization given by command or security staff.

Round end showed none of the people mentioned in this tirade were antagonists. This is not a ban request, again. I am putting everything in detail as my memory best serves due to illustrate what happened in the round.
Cedarbridge was present for the first half of this round, and Ausops joined in the later half. Although 3 ahelps were given asking for the antagonistic behavior presented by the parties mentioned, I believe they failed to look further into what happened. Although it was obvious mulligan rolled in after the wizards death, it was clear round end that the people involved were not antagonists, and their actions pre mulligan would not have been excused if they were a normal crewmember before. I could be wrong, but I believe they hadn't taken enough action in the round to prevent what I can described as pure grief.

Thank you for your time.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: [Cedarbridge, Ausops] - Negligence

Post by PKPenguin321 » #259166

We need a button to allow admins to manually AFK. I'm betting they just weren't present but because they weren't listed as AFK the ahelps weren't forwarded to IRC.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
D&B

Post by D&B » #259170

They both responded, so they were definitely not afk, and the only reason I feel like negligence was at hand is because ausops responded coyly both in game and when I went into the IRC to ask for heeadmin input.
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #259172

the only communication from you to admins were these, as far as i can tell

[03:05:41]ADMINPRIVATE: HELP: Repukan/(Donatello Versus): was negan an antagonist or an apprentice? - heard by 1 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.
[03:06:08]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Repukan/(Donatello Versus)->Cedarbridge/(Dalton Wolffe): tried to attack the HoS after emping the brig and stealing the wizard corpse
[03:13:59]ADMINPRIVATE: HELP: Repukan/(Donatello Versus): mind checking if luck was an antag too - heard by 4 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.
[03:14:59]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Repukan/(Donatello Versus)->Ausops/(Banna Bleliz Ardnames): thanks
these are very vague and borderline useless adminhelps, if you want admins to resolve your issues you should actually explain what they are

first adminhelp was presumably ruled an ic issue because you beat him to death and he hadn't really done anything ooc actionable as far as i can tell from briefly skimming the logs, although cedar did talk to him

second one the issue was probably confused since you didn't actually explain what had happened at all and cedar had already been investigating a dumb adminhelp from luck before involving sec
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"
D&B

Post by D&B » #259173

How is securing the corpse of a wizard that had killed a bunch of people and enable their cloning, plus attempt to attack sec afterwards using their scroll of teleportation not an ooc is not an ooc issue? I digress though, I'm making this sound like a ban request.

I'll admit I was vague in some of the ahelps because the admins response led me to assume they knew why I was ahelping. Perhaps I was too vague and that is what the situation at hand devolve like it did, but I hadnt received further inquiries which led me to believe admins knew or had enough info to proceed.
lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #259183

there's no way to tell if they cloned the wizard solely through server logs, and you didn't seem to indicate that in your adminhelps so it probably wasn't investigated and just stealing wizard shit is pretty clearly an ic issue. emp grenading sec is pretty dumb but you also killed them so it didn't really /mandate/ ooc intervention either

you never adminhelped some officer cloning the wizard, you did adminhelp luck but really vaguely and he was already being handled for the whole armory shit anyway so since you didn't specify "luck is lighting everyone on fire" it was probably assumed to be the same incident, and you didn't adminhelp reece or that guy trying to kill the ai

i'm finding it hard to paint this as negligence; what you /did/ adminhelp was handled fairly reasonably. next time give more detailed adminhelps
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #259185

D&B wrote:How is securing the corpse of a wizard that had killed a bunch of people and enable their cloning, plus attempt to attack sec afterwards using their scroll of teleportation not an ooc is not an ooc issue? I digress though, I'm making this sound like a ban request.

I'll admit I was vague in some of the ahelps because the admins response led me to assume they knew why I was ahelping. Perhaps I was too vague and that is what the situation at hand devolve like it did, but I hadnt received further inquiries which led me to believe admins knew or had enough info to proceed.
I suppose I should have asked further questions to determine exactly what you were looking for, but I did talk to Neegan on the matter in question. I'll be frank on his matter, I don't think he really gets much about the game and I spent a lot of time fruitlessly explaining why his use of the scroll got him lit up by security in the first place. Given his responses and my previous contacts with the player in question, he didn't really seem to get why his teleporting into the brig with a wizard scroll got him shot in the first place. Given the totality of the information I got from the ahelps was "he's being a pest and attacked the HoS" and I found that he had already been killed and sharded for being a troublemaker I considered the matter more or less resolved IC and didn't find that it really merited further invervention. I probably should have done a better job returning that information to you, but at that time I was also trying to sort out what I thought was an unrelated issue with Luck.

Start and End timecodes for my dealings with Neegan
[03:07:39]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Cedarbridge
[03:14:31]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Cedarbridge

Around this time I get an Ahelp from Luck's player about an issue with the Warden and the armory. I do some investigating, determine that it was self-caused and that security was fine in how they handled the issue, I reported that to both parties (Luck and the Warden), consulted with Adminbus to verify my decision was correct given the information I had, and considered that issue resolved. Had I seen your Ahelp regarding Luck as well I would have included you in the parties I needed to contact to complete that whole episode.

Long story short, I did look into the issues you brought up but I did a less than stellar job of properly tying off the loose ends at the end so that everyone was properly informed that things had been looked into.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #259186

>coyly
>
at what point did my ahelps to you dress themselves in a sundress and shyly smile at you??

[03:05:41]ADMINPRIVATE: HELP: Repukan/(Donatello Versus): was negan an antagonist or an apprentice? - heard by 1 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.
We're not going to answer questions like that, admins don't give out information about antags, admins will rarely even reply to these ahelps.

[03:06:08]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Repukan/(Donatello Versus)->Cedarbridge/(Dalton Wolffe): tried to attack the HoS after emping the brig and stealing the wizard corpse
HoS's get attacked all the time by antags and shitters alike and players will steal antag corpses all the time. If I did ever read that ahelp, I must have skimmed it over, saw nothing being reported that broke the rules, and moved on.

[03:13:59]ADMINPRIVATE: HELP: Repukan/(Donatello Versus): mind checking if luck was an antag too - heard by 4 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.
I checked, saw that he wasn't, and tied it in my mind to the banbaiting ahelp Luck had sent before. Then I moved on. Nothing you said prompted us to take further action. We can't read minds, something like 'is x an antag' is worse than a 'i just got killed' ahelp, at least 'i just got killed' ahelps prompt us to look into the reported killing.

We're not here to read minds. We can help you with grief and we'd love to but it starts with giving us as much information as possible.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
D&B

Post by D&B » #259187

Mea culpa then, I gave bad information and I realize that now.

Sorry for the inconvenience
lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #259189

admins dindu nuffin