oranges should not be a maintainer

An old fashioned device, relics of a forgotten era.

"If I ever meet myself, I'll hit myself so hard I won't know what's hit me."
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Re: oranges should not be a maintainer

Post by lzimann » #348385

Bottom post of the previous page:

talk with kor, literally no one else can do anything about it
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #348391

Sligneris wrote:It's irrelevant because this thread is about oranges' behavior, both recent and long-term. That doesn't mean that other matters are "not a problem", it just means that they should be discussed in another thread.
Ricegum, contradictions in what you see as abuse in a thread where you're whining about abuse isn't irrelevant.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: oranges should not be be a maintainer

Post by onleavedontatme » #348420

iamgoofball wrote:
Sligneris wrote:
bman wrote:Slig, where were you calling for a maintainer's removal when Joan admitted to using their own maintainer rank to ruin the reputation of PRs they don't like + abuse their powers ingame?
Irrelevant to this thread. If it's something you're concerned about, feel free to start a separate thread, and then I'll draw my conclusions from there. I'm sorry, but I'm not all-knowing, and I don't have eyes everywhere.

All you're doing now is deflecting, first onto me, and now onto Joan - if you're empty-handed when it comes to oranges, then feel free not to post at all.
This isn't irrelevant, why is this a problem when oranges does it but not when Joan does it?
Kor wrote:
bman wrote:Slig, where were you calling for a maintainer's removal when Joan admitted to using their own maintainer rank to ruin the reputation of PRs they don't like + abuse their powers ingame?

Slig not only said they wanted Joan gone they said it directly in conversation to you

Why do you make bad posts bman?

I like oranges but please post with honour even when defending him
???
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #348421

Why was this made outside the shed
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #348429

Serious posting obviously.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #348430

iamgoofball wrote:
Sligneris wrote:It's irrelevant because this thread is about oranges' behavior, both recent and long-term. That doesn't mean that other matters are "not a problem", it just means that they should be discussed in another thread.
Ricegum, contradictions in what you see as abuse in a thread where you're whining about abuse isn't irrelevant.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #348438

i may not agree with everything oranges does but if you dont think that all coders pursue both their own personal agendas / their circlejerk agendas, you have another thing coming. i wont say all, but the VAST majority of coders do not have the community's best interest in mind. im not saying this as some "OMG CONSPIRACY" crap, im saying it as a fact that i've reluctantly accepted as a dark spot on a server i otherwise love.

if he's trying to get rid of catpeople though, then he has my full support.

catpeople were a massive fucking mistake. from what i can gather they were a joke addition that people memed hard enough to turn serious, and now we're stuck with them. i personally dont care if catpeople play fucking normally but the minute you start pulling any "purr nyan nyan :3 pomf!" shit either ironically or unironically, you will be beaten and thrown down disposals just as fast as a lizard trying to erp.

its not funny. its creepy, unnecessary, and brings the entire server down by it's addition, let alone the retarded behavior some players show with them.

Can't wait for swarge to post my notes in an attempt to discredit me next instead of responding to the substance of my arguments
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #348466

Sawrge still brings up a good point - most people complaining about catpeople also somehow happen to be shit players in general, which makes me think that catpeople's inclusion is a great deterrent for them.
iamgoofball wrote:[snip]
Stop spamming.
Kor wrote:Why was this made outside the shed
Because I'm not shitposting, and I can't do anything about others shitposting in my thread, so we end up with lots of folks trying to deflect from the issue. :lol: The issue being that oranges actively attempts to spite the majority of our active playerbase.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #348480

thot_slayer wrote:i may not agree with everything oranges does but if you dont think that all coders pursue both their own personal agendas / their circlejerk agendas, you have another thing coming. i wont say all, but the VAST majority of coders do not have the community's best interest in mind. im not saying this as some "OMG CONSPIRACY" crap, im saying it as a fact that i've reluctantly accepted as a dark spot on a server i otherwise love.

if he's trying to get rid of catpeople though, then he has my full support.

catpeople were a massive fucking mistake. from what i can gather they were a joke addition that people memed hard enough to turn serious, and now we're stuck with them. i personally dont care if catpeople play fucking normally but the minute you start pulling any "purr nyan nyan :3 pomf!" shit either ironically or unironically, you will be beaten and thrown down disposals just as fast as a lizard trying to erp.

its not funny. its creepy, unnecessary, and brings the entire server down by it's addition, let alone the retarded behavior some players show with them.

Can't wait for swarge to post my notes in an attempt to discredit me next instead of responding to the substance of my arguments
Im rubber u r glue
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #348482

Sligneris wrote:Sawrge still brings up a good point - most people complaining about catpeople also somehow happen to be shit players in general, which makes me think that catpeople's inclusion is a great deterrent for them.
~~~
Because I'm not shitposting, and I can't do anything about others shitposting in my thread, so we end up with lots of folks trying to deflect from the issue. :lol: The issue being that oranges actively attempts to spite the majority of our active playerbase.
>talks about deflection of issues
>deflects counterarguments by resorting to "you're shit"
and you wonder why people think this should be shedded?

furthermore, i would YET AGAIN PLEASE ask people to actually READ POSTS before replying. i swear to god it seems like people just speedread replies for a few things to cherrypick instead of actually reading the post and understanding the position they maintain. and wanting to keep catpeople for reasoning of "they deter shit players" (read: people i dont like) is kind of a shitty argument in the first place.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #348483

But deitus one of the prime arguments for removing cat ears has been it will "deter people I don't like"
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #348486

captain sawrge wrote:But deitus one of the prime arguments for removing cat ears has been it will "deter people I don't like"
i can see that as a valid concern, but it seems like it would hardly be a deterrent if many current catperson players were here before they were implemented; i doubt they would leave just because they dont get to be special snowflakes anymore. if people leave the server due to a relatively recent addition being removed, in my opinion there's a low chance of them being heavily invested in /tg/ servers in the first place.

let me paraphrase my position on catpeople again: if they know they're nonhuman, they know they can and probably will be beat up for "nyan pomf" etc. behavior, and they ACCEPT that risk, then i see no problem; especially with catpeople that play the game regularly and dont let the extra pixels on their head and ass define them and their behavior. it seems like catpeople were overall a poor addition choice if only for the fact that it adds a lot of unnecessary drama to the game.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #348487

it's funny as fuck how this went from "oranges shouldn't be maintainer" to "deitus gets eternally btfo"
Limey wrote:its too late.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #348491

Maybe the reason cats added so much drama is because a select group of silly people are making it out to be a huge deal and another group is straight up just pretending to be part of the former group to trollbfor reactions
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #348492

Deitus wrote:resorting to "you're shit"
Deitus wrote:"they deter shit players" (read: people i dont like)
Folks like Fwoosh or Iamgoofball are pretty much objectively detrimental to the community, and Sawrge's posts exposed you as being another one of those folks who are trouble in general. There's nothing shameful about calling such people shit, or about wishing them gone.
Deitus wrote:wanting to keep catpeople for reasoning of "they deter shit players" is kind of a shitty argument in the first place.
Wanting to keep catpeople because they're a harmless gimmick that players enjoy which also happens to have the side effect of driving shitters crazy is pretty well-grounded if you ask me.
Deitus wrote:>force others
thats what ai laws do.

>repeating suggestive themes
on an 18+ server? heaven forbid.

>memes on /tg/
memes are literally part of the server
Okay, but if that's the position you want to maintain, then you should also retract your arguments such as "catpeople are forced onto me by existing", "catpeople are bad cause they repeat suggestive themes" or "catpeople are an unnecessary meme that doesn't belong on /tg/". It's amusing how your opinion on what is and isn't acceptable just changes on the fly.
Last edited by Slignerd on Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #348493

captain sawrge wrote:Maybe the reason cats added so much drama is because a select group of silly people are making it out to be a huge deal and another group is straight up just pretending to be part of the former group to trollbfor reactions
sometimes i wish cats were removed to remove the drama but then that means they would be reinforced in their starting shit over nothing policy
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #348502

Qbopper wrote:
captain sawrge wrote:Maybe the reason cats added so much drama is because a select group of silly people are making it out to be a huge deal and another group is straight up just pretending to be part of the former group to trollbfor reactions
sometimes i wish cats were removed to remove the drama but then that means they would be reinforced in their starting shit over nothing policy
It's secborgs all over again
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #348514

Atlanta-Ned wrote:
Qbopper wrote:
It's secborgs all over again
You saw this coming too huh
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #348515

I mean at least secborgs influenced the game in some major way, this is literally a cosmetic.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #348517

iamgoofball wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:
Answer the question you pussy bitch.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #348518

Sligneris wrote: Folks like Fwoosh or Iamgoofball are pretty much objectively detrimental to the community, and Sawrge's posts exposed you as being another one of those folks who are trouble in general. There's nothing shameful about calling such people shit, or about wishing them gone.
i dont like those two either but even then i know that its subjective whether they're detrimental or not. and setting aside the fact that sawrge had no business in the first place making my notes public, i a) gave proper backstory and explanation to each notes in context and b) still has nothing to do with my opinion in the first place. if i wanted to sink to that level i'd go through your post history, cherrypick a few quotes, and post them here saying "slingeris' opinion should be discarded, look at how they've shitposted in the past!" but i dont, because its a stupid non-argument that has no bearing on the topic at hand.
Sligneris wrote:Wanting to keep catpeople because they're a harmless gimmick that players enjoy which also happens to have the side effect of driving shitters crazy is pretty well-grounded if you ask me.
take a second and step back to read this, and realize how stupid this sounds. "i want this to stay because it makes people mad." seriously?
Sligneris wrote: Okay, but if that's the position you want to maintain, then you should also retract your arguments such as "catpeople are forced onto me by existing", "catpeople are bad cause they repeat suggestive themes" or "catpeople are an unnecessary meme that doesn't belong on /tg/". It's amusing how your opinion on what is and isn't acceptable just changes on the fly.
ok i've been trying to gently nudge this but it has been continually ignored, so allow me to make this as noticeable as possible to try and get through to you.

READ MY POSTS AND COMPREHEND WHAT THEY ARE SAYING BEFORE YOU REPLY.

the only "amusing" thing here is how people continually twist my words when i have explicitly stated EXACTLY what i mean on multiple occasions. if you're not even going to properly participate in a discussion, dont try and start one.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #348519

Additionally when are ricegumslig's notes getting dumped?
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #348525

All I see is a non issue that won't be actionable. This thread should be in the shed.

Only thing of worth in this thread is the reinforcement of removing cat people, but that's a given.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #348528

Steelpoint wrote:Only thing of worth in this thread is the reinforcement of removing cat people, but that's a given.
this thread is dumpster tier BECAUSE of the catpeople discussion
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #348532

i mean shit if oranges gets nuked why would goofball not be gitbanned
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #348534

Good enough reason to remove them from the game utterly.

The whole concept was a joke that was joked into existence, and as well all know from history is that unless you're feature involves me adding guns, lavaland roles or armour value changes that it becomes practically near impossible to remove a feature.

Lizardpeople have unique sprites and functions and are a separate species. Plasmapeople are a utterly unique species with little in common with Humans. God damn fly people shit and eat their own shit and look like literally shit with wings.

Catpeople are just Humans with fucking ears and tails, that's it, no unique species sprites or anything. They even show up as 'Human' on medical scanners.

At least Tarjans or whatever actually go the full monty, have a fully fleshed out lore and expectation for how they speak (Not NYAA! Purrs on like a retard) and look sufficiently non-human.

Catpeople are lazy and should never have gone beyond a clown tier item in some wardrobe.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #348539

Steelpoint wrote:Good enough reason to remove them from the game utterly.

The whole concept was a joke that was joked into existence, and as well all know from history is that unless you're feature involves me adding guns, lavaland roles or armour value changes that it becomes practically near impossible to remove a feature.

Lizardpeople have unique sprites and functions and are a separate species. Plasmapeople are a utterly unique species with little in common with Humans. God damn fly people shit and eat their own shit and look like literally shit with wings.

Catpeople are just Humans with fucking ears and tails, that's it, no unique species sprites or anything. They even show up as 'Human' on medical scanners.

At least Tarjans or whatever actually go the full monty, have a fully fleshed out lore and expectation for how they speak (Not NYAA! Purrs on like a retard) and look sufficiently non-human.

Catpeople are lazy and should never have gone beyond a clown tier item in some wardrobe.
your*
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #348552

Steelpoint is the reason we can't have nice things like non-shed threads on cats
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #348553

>obnoxious people act obnoxiously about thing they don't like
>obnoxious people acting obnoxiously about thing get thing removed
>thing is removed
>obnoxious people remain
>obnoxious people move on to new thing to act obnoxious about until that is also removed
>obnoxious people remain to shit on more things

Gee whiz
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #348562

If the only people who played Catpeople were upstanding individuals it would not change my opinion. I just dislike the concept of Catpeople through and through. Not for the people playing it but for the concept itself.

Look, all in all its just my personal opinion. On the topic of the thread I just feel that the behaviour of Oranges can be improved in some regards, but that I feel that his status as a maintainer is well outside the purview of the playerbase and administration, and as such this discussion is academic than practical.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #348564

Steelpoint wrote:purrview
I see you.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #348565

cedarbridge wrote:
>new/joke feature added
>obnoxious people act obnoxiously with it
>people complain about obnoxious people
>thing is removed
>obnoxious people remain
>obnoxious people move on to new thing to act obnoxious about until that is also removed
>obnoxious people remain to shit on more things

Gee whiz
ftfy friendo
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #348569

yeah i mean really when's the last time a lizard or catperson was seriously an issue in game
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #348577

I don't like cats because I'm worried someone will look on my screen and ask about them
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #348605

Does anybody else but me flip flop between loving and hating oranges, or am I just crazy?
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #348609

the only joke here is steel point trying this hard
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #348637

Lazengann wrote:I don't like cats because I'm worried someone will look on my screen and ask about them
if you're that worried about your mom seeing your monitor just put it so it faces away from the door
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #348640

That's a rude thing to do to your mother.
私は完璧
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #348641

Lazengann wrote:I don't like cats because I'm worried someone will look on my screen and ask about them
I highly doubt that cat ear sprites are the most objectionable thing on your computer screen at any given time.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #348653

if a catperson/lizard is being an ass they'd probably do the same thing as a human
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #348678

Secborgs were terrible but I almost miss them when the alternative is "every borg abandons its post to hunt with saws and welding tools in maint when they hear a nonhuman might be an antag".
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #348718

This is a metaphorical discussion about race and you all are all bigots (^:
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #348826

Wig benis
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #348894

Bawhoppennn wrote:Does anybody else but me flip flop between loving and hating oranges, or am I just crazy?
i like him when he makes fun of other people but then he makes fun of me and it makes me sad
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #348896

This thread sucks.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #349143

oranges is my senpai but he is also my rival
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #350600

So, now oranges has directly committed out Dullahans, without even making a PR.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #350601

Delete oranges
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #350609

Slignerd wrote:So, now oranges has directly committed out Dullahans, without even making a PR.
false alarm
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #350614

That's a branch you noodle.
私は完璧
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #350615

Didn't notice that at first, I guess.