okay sir/madam/preferred pronoun, how would you like your mock meat done?

An old fashioned device, relics of a forgotten era.

"If I ever meet myself, I'll hit myself so hard I won't know what's hit me."
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: okay sir/madam/preferred pronoun, how would you like your mock meat done?

Post by oranges » #403552

Bottom post of the previous page:

CosmicScientist wrote:Then can he be banned from the forums and the discord?

I said time and again, he only talks to spout veganism and then dive into I was just pretending to be retarded, thus invalidating everything he and you said. Which is also why I got so passionate about this. He produces nothing of good intent here.
bro where do you think you are, it's the NTR hut, just post memes like the rest of us
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #403553

CosmicScientist wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:I read about 20% of that and it was really badly wrong but not really solveable without solving some deepseated issues you seem to have about this and I've run out of effort

so im only pretending to be retarded haha epic troll

ok you can go home now
The vegan is faced with an argument that vegan ethics are deeply and inherently flawed. The vegan gives up.

You think that because animals get hurt they should not. The method of preventing harm is to remove the reason for their existence. The perfect and final solution.

The problem is your arguments are based on compassion and the horrible feelings the industry generates yet your solution is equally grim. You demand everyone to choose between perpetual removal or a final removal.

Tell me why the middle ground of industrial regulation is wrong? Why we cannot still have beef, pork, chicken, egg, leather, feather, wool, milk, silk and honey? These things bring joy to the world and are cheaper or have differing qualities to alternative products.

You never answered me about pets, recreation, law enforcement, medical testing and now I shall add zoos. You never said if these must go or if they must not go. You demand removal of animal harm. That will remove these.
Actually to be fair you summed up your points reasonably here lets keep it from getting over bloated

I think we should stop DELIBERATELY INTENTIONALLY hurting animals. Veganism is about preventing harm and exploitation. The biggest harm and exploitation is the billions of animals we breed to exploit and harm. Veganism is almost entirely focused on this aspect because it's the biggest problem to solve first. Once it's solved we'll worry about the next biggest thing and so on. This is where the fight is.
The problem is your arguments are based on compassion and the horrible feelings the industry generates yet your solution is equally grim. You demand everyone to choose between perpetual removal or a final removal.
My solution is simple: Stop paying people to intentionally deliberately harm animals. This is where 90% of your harm to animals comes from: Your diet. So improve the situation by 90%. That's all. No world scale deletion. Calm down
Tell me why the middle ground of industrial regulation is wrong? Why we cannot still have beef, pork, chicken, egg, leather, feather, wool, milk, silk and honey? These things bring joy to the world and are cheaper or have differing qualities to alternative products.
They are inefficient due to the basic energy economy of the food chain. There are alternatives that may not taste identical but serve the same purpose, and the exact taste is not worth the suffering and inefficiency. The joy to the world is not worth the suffering they caused, and profit does not mix well with ethics. As long as there is a profit motive to commodifying animals there will be abuse somewhere for the sake of that profit. It's not worth the risk, and I believe the killing is inherently wrong and realistically cannot be done quickly, painlessly with regard for their ethical well being while being done for profit.

I am anti-zoo, I am pro pets that can be put on a vegan diet (So not cats and other obligate carnivores basically) but I believe we should adopt and stop breeding them until we bring the numbers down. Zoos are bad you can research that yourself, the animals get bored out of their minds in many of them. Medical testing is ineffective on animals I elaborated on this elsewhere. I have no opinion on law enforcement I suppose it depends on how the dog is treated and injury rates for them I haven't looked up.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #403555

CosmicScientist wrote:Then can he be banned from the forums and the discord?

I said time and again, he only talks to spout veganism and then dive into I was just pretending to be retarded, thus invalidating everything he and you said. Which is also why I got so passionate about this. He produces nothing of good intent here.
I don't even know how to format a response to 500 words of your strawman stuff without it being 1000 words of corrections and counter arguments but you kept it simple in that summary so I kept my response simple
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #403556

CosmicScientist wrote:Okay. I'll be back with a meme in an hour. It'll be on topic.
we could also just stop because I'm not really as committed to this as you and it doesn't seem fair that you're working this hard and getting stressed out when I'm just going to throw it in your face when I get bored because I have the attention span of a puppy
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #403557

I think his point is that we should stop aggressively breeding livestock to feed to torture machines and let the ones that already exist live in refuges or whatever.

Industrial regulation is a nice idea but corporations have proven over and over that unless they are dragged kicking and screaming to do something that impacts their bottom line negatively they will not, ever. Or they will pretend to but then keep doing what they have been doing behind the scenes. People changing to vegan diets actively harms their profits and is probably the best way to force them to change.

Not saying it is what I am doing or anything, but I see the logic and I find it hard to disagree.

Zoos are pretty universally fucking awful too, other than maybe some of the very highest budget ones the animals live pretty shitty lives in there. Animal testing is one that I think should probably stay, in terms of drug and medical tests. At some point you need to transition from in-vitro to in-vivo testing, and while animal models are not perfect they can sometimes catch toxic effects we might not find otherwise before testing on humans. This is I am sure a huge point of contention, but the fact of the matter is at some level we need to value human life over animal life.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #403559

Keeping bees and harvesting their excess honey is beneficial for both parties
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #403561

I read a couple of books about animal testing and the conclusion for both is that it's really not worth it and even without the ethical argument it's expensive and dangerous because it doesn't give us enough useful info but some countries rely on it enough for it to cause massive problems.

A lot of the big horribly side effect things were tested on animals first. When stuff is caught in animal tests it's often not even relevant to humans either. Guinea pigs die to penicillin as an example
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #403562

CosmicScientist wrote:Okay. I'll be back with a meme in an hour. It'll be on topic.
If it isn't a vegan recipes for kindergarteners it's not on topic.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #403563

captain sawrge wrote:
post picks of what you decide to do with the tofu the suspense is killing me
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #403565

Stickymayhem wrote:
captain sawrge wrote:
post picks of what you decide to do with the tofu the suspense is killing me
Almost definitely just going to pan fry it with some onions and throw it on rice
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #403567

I dont do animal testing but I have seen data from people who do. The regulations here are INSANE and people have to jump through very rigorous hoops to justify any lab animal use as well as getting audited frequently

That is true about Guinea Pigs but it kinda misses the point. When you design an animal model you dont just pick an animal and start dosing them up with shit. You usually have to study all known data about the relevant metabolic pathways and engineer a simulation of whatever condition you are looking to replicate that is as closely relevant to the same system or condition in humans as possible. I don't think I would ever have the stomach to test on animals myself but I see the necessity.

I am sure other countries could do with an overhaul of these systems and I really can't speak for how it works in other places, but in Canada the animals are treated as well as possible and are only used when the massive cost can be justified
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #403569

Next time I go grocery shopping I'll pick up some more shit and try to do the scramble and maybe some other stuff but I kinda just bought it on a whim all I have are frozen vegetables and salt and pepper right now
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #403571

Gluten is the real killer
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #403573

Qbmax32 wrote:[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/h5FCeH/A1_FEDAAE_31_CA_4_EE5_894_E_A1_BA86601_A99.jpg[/img]

Good I’m having another just for this thread
"KILLL MEEEEEEE"
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #403575

Armhulen wrote:
Qbmax32 wrote:[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/h5FCeH/A1_FEDAAE_31_CA_4_EE5_894_E_A1_BA86601_A99.jpg[/img]

Good I’m having another just for this thread
"KILLL MEEEEEEE"
If I was that cow looking down I would be pissed my life was wasted on that tragic meal
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #403578

Sticky give me the lowdown on gluten
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #403580

Lazengann wrote:Sticky give me the lowdown on gluten
if you're not genuinely gluten intolerant then its fine

seitan is basically just gluten dough. it's an incredible source of protein, no fat and dirt cheap.

gluten ist guten

Anti strawman defence shield: I AM NOT ANTI FAT BY THE WAY WHEN I SAY NO FAT IT'S SHORTHAND FOR "DOES NOT HAVE THE BAD SATURATED FATS THAT MEAT HAS AND IS THEREFORE AN EXCELLENT ALTERNATIVE TO AN UNHEALTHIER SOURCE OF PROTEIN"
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #403583

CosmicScientist wrote: I'll have you know my genes are perhaps Mediterranean with a strong mixture of Irish, Welsh & English!
So an Irishman, Welshman and Englishman walk into a slaughterhouse...
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #403584

QBMax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #403587

omniVOREs
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #403593

>sticky hands cosmic a shovel
>cosmic digs his own hole
STICKY STOP HELPING ME DIG MY HOLE AAAAAA
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #403594

Cosmic it really seems like you are ignoring my posts dude. I am not a vegan nor will I likely convert but it is basically impossible to claim that factory farms are anything resembling humane with any sort of validity. The animals in factory farms dont run or get any time in the sun. They live in cramped indoor conditions of squalor and get the shit kicked out of them by the poor bastards who have no choice but to work in those places. You talk about this happening in countries with poor regulation but it happens in every country, there is plenty of evidence of this and none to the contrary.

Zoos and wildlife reserves/preservation facilities are not the same thing either.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #403602

now to be fair, while ntr shouldn't have mods, if cosmic had mod he could have deleted this and spared us 511 posts of autism
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #403604

imblyings wrote:now to be fair, while ntr shouldn't have mods, if cosmic had mod he could have deleted this and spared us 511 posts of autism
Vegan bait threads never again
iksyp
Byond Username: Iksyp

Post by iksyp » #403605

jesus christ i'm entirely apathetic to this vegan shit and all i see is 111* paragraphs about how activism is bad because they're doing their job as activists
fuck off
Last edited by iksyp on Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #403607

I think he mentioned something about refuges for factory livestock to live out their days or something? I dunno I don't drink the vegan koolaid so i dont have all the facts but they very well might be real
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #403610

will they fund that by selling half of them as burgers
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #403614

the needs of the many. Their delicious sacrifice will spare the rest
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #403623

> around 27 hours
> 519 posts (well now it's 520 I guess)
> 11 pages
wew talk about a heated thread
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #403640

there are lots of sanctuaries already with alive animals that live happily and sometimes have babies because some people are compassionate. they rescue from bad places and love their aminals

hypotheticals
real world vegan good end:
veganism becomes more and more common until laws preventing animal products are voted in, so we have reduced demand massively to the point that dismantling the industry is not as impossible as now

best case:
breeding stops, sick, dying animals are euthanized, healthy animals live out their days on sanctuaries funded by reparations

most likely case:
breeding stops, sanctuaries get filled up, overflow animals are culled, but they would have been killed for meat anyway

real world vegan medium rare end:
lab meat becomes economical, through economics and a bit of ethics, animal agriculture becomes obsolete because it's cheaper to make lab meat, real meat is phased out in favour of economical, environmentally friendlier, less resource intensive lab meat (lab meat is like 3-5 calories to 1 calorie instead of 16 like real meat)

real world vegan bad end:
the damage we do to the environment reaches a critical point, local environments collapse, food structures fail and food becomes more expensive. now feeding 16 calories of grain to get 1 calorie of meat is completely unfeasible and we are reduced to eating plant-based by necessity. the damage has been done, we failed and the plant is probably irreversibly ruined.

cosmic:
all animals everywhere are rounded up and deleted, followed by the human race, the last human shoots himself in the head then triggers the nukes in the planets core to detonate earth so that no suffering can ever happen again ever anywhere on earth
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #403641

What about non-animal proteins like lobster or other insects. You can technically feed mealworms off nothing but Styrofoam so that's calories for free from trash.
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #403642

Like how does shearing a llama hurt the llama if it's hot out
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #403645

Lazengann wrote:Like how does shearing a llama hurt the llama if it's hot out
when you have to shear lots of llamas very very quickly and they dont like being held down and you are paid minimum wage you might throw the llamas or shear them roughly by necessity and that isn't nice to the llamas

i am purely speculating on this based on how sheep are shorn and i dont have specific llama abuse facts but i imagine its similar because most animals dont like to be held down by humans especially those used to being prey it really stresses them out and they struggle and hurt themselves even if the human is super careful not to hurt them
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #403646

Yes Cosmic I have a Vegan Mindset(tm) which is to reduce suffering when realistic.

For that reason I will not be arguing with you anymore, this thread is clearly causing you suffering.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #403648

this is like if you try to upload a vegan lawset to a malf AI and it goes rogue and kills everyone

cosmic has literally gone malf levels of autism

also killing is harmful so your whole comic kind of falls apart there lol

killing everything doesn't reduce harm. you're causing more harm by doing that dumb dumb

also i said sanctuaries like four times

google animal sanctuaries
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #403649

Stickymayhem wrote:this is like if you try to upload a vegan lawset to a malf AI and it goes rogue and kills everyone

is it breaking my promise 2 posts ago to say it is genuinely sad that he cant imagine a place for animals in the world except to be killed and eaten by humans
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #403650

Oh god I’m gonna cum
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #403651

Kor wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:this is like if you try to upload a vegan lawset to a malf AI and it goes rogue and kills everyone

is it breaking my promise 2 posts ago to say it is genuinely sad that he cant imagine a place for animals in the world except to be killed and eaten by humans
if i follow my vegan ideology I have to stop replying because it's clearly causing him harm

but if i follow cosmic's interpretation i just have to kill him

hhhhmmm?!!?
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #403653

Qbmax32 wrote:Oh god I’m gonna cum
Look what you people are doing to Qbmax, you're making him sad
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #403656

If you don't eat meat that's fine but don't be all high and mighty about it
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #403657

Also the shearing argument is fucking stupid, sheep at least have been bred for so long that they have to be sheared or their hair keeps growing until they can barely move.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #403660

ShadowDimentio wrote:If you don't eat meat that's fine but don't be all high and mighty about it
If you dont want to get upset that you are acting less moral than other people, have you considered acting more moral?
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #403662

Not an argument
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #403664

Kor wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:If you don't eat meat that's fine but don't be all high and mighty about it
If you dont want to get upset that you are acting less moral than other people, have you considered acting more moral?
I'm not upset that some moralizing activists think I'm acting "immoral", I'm upset because they think they can traipse around on their self imposed moral high ground and try and take things away from other people. Even more so when they're things I like, like meat, milk, or wool.

Animals don't have rights beyond what we allow them to have, and as far as I'm concerned, unless you're tormenting an animal for literally no reason then I don't care.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #403665

ShadowDimentio wrote:
Kor wrote:
I'm not upset that some moralizing activists think I'm acting "immoral", I'm upset because they think they can traipse around on their self imposed moral high ground and try and take things away from other people. Even more so when they're things I like, like meat, milk, or wool.

Animals don't have rights beyond what we allow them to have, and as far as I'm concerned, unless you're tormenting an animal for literally no reason then I don't care.
Equating activism to people actively depriving you of things is ultimate strawman
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #403671

ShadowDimentio wrote: I'm not upset that some moralizing activists think I'm acting "immoral", I'm upset because they think they can traipse around on their self imposed moral high ground and try and take things away from other people.
Should I link you that time you argued for several pages in favour of putting people in prison for doing drugs or do you remember well enough
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #403674

captain sawrge wrote:Equating activism to people actively depriving you of things is ultimate strawman
Stickymayhem wrote:real world vegan good end:
veganism becomes more and more common until laws preventing animal products are voted in, so we have reduced demand massively to the point that dismantling the industry is not as impossible as now
Their words not mine
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #403675

Kor wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote: I'm not upset that some moralizing activists think I'm acting "immoral", I'm upset because they think they can traipse around on their self imposed moral high ground and try and take things away from other people.
Should I link you that time you argued for several pages in favour of putting people in prison for doing drugs or do you remember well enough
Not my argument, my argument was those people (people doing drugs) have agency for their actions.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #403679

ShadowDimentio wrote:Also the shearing argument is fucking stupid, sheep at least have been bred for so long that they have to be sheared or their hair keeps growing until they can barely move.
that doesnt mean they like being sheared. Just because we made them reliant on us doesn't make the process of shearing any better.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #403680

Stickymayhem wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:Also the shearing argument is fucking stupid, sheep at least have been bred for so long that they have to be sheared or their hair keeps growing until they can barely move.
that doesnt mean they like being sheared. Just because we made them reliant on us doesn't make the process of shearing any better.
You have no way of knowing if they like it or not, and that’s not my point. My point is, if you DONT shear them they’re guaranteed to suffer.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #403684

ShadowDimentio wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:
You have no way of knowing if they like it or not, and that’s not my point. My point is, if you DONT shear them they’re guaranteed to suffer.
I have no way of knowing that stabbing you hurts you because I can't read your brain-isms but if you avoid it, scream, struggle and try to get away I'll assume you're in pain and distressed.

Since we know mammals have consciousness and feel pain and emotions in much the same basic way we can, we probably shouldn't inflict it on them.

Pro tip: If you selectively breed an animal until it is reliant on you/suffers entirely based on it's own body, you have already done something wrong and that version of that animal shouldn't continue to be bred.

I am not saying there is no good way to shear a sheep without it freaking out, I am saying that a significant amount of wool comes from 'factory farm' style shearing sheds which process thousands of sheep in short periods of time, resulting in a rushed process that can hurt the animals. And what happens when those sheep get older? They're slaughtered, often sent to third world countries with poor regulations on the sheep equivalent of slave ships.

Wool is not so precious that I would risk it coming from an unethical source. And all those sheep die in the end anyway for meat.