okay sir/madam/preferred pronoun, how would you like your mock meat done?

An old fashioned device, relics of a forgotten era.

"If I ever meet myself, I'll hit myself so hard I won't know what's hit me."
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Re: okay sir/madam/preferred pronoun, how would you like your mock meat done?

Post by ShadowDimentio » #404600

Bottom post of the previous page:

Kor wrote:Why not?
Because only people have rights. Animals only have rights if we let them have rights.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #404603

Incomptinence wrote:I look forward the the day when munitions are sentient.
cant wait till its culturally acceptable to write a raunchy novel about a soldier who fell in love with his sentient heat seeking bullets.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #404614

22 Calibers of Gray
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #404618

ShadowDimentio wrote:
Because only people have rights. Animals only have rights if we let them have rights.
Where do believe a humans rights are derived from?
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #404619

ColonicAcid wrote:
Incomptinence wrote:I look forward the the day when munitions are sentient.
cant wait till its culturally acceptable to write a raunchy novel about a soldier who fell in love with his sentient heat seeking bullets.
No joke I actually read a short story set in Transhuman Space where a pilot unknowingly had cyber-sex with a smart missile in VR
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #404620

Grazyn wrote:As I said elsewhere, the amount of slack-jawed anime girl avatars, especially among the administration, is excessive even for a weeaboo board
you dont have to pretend its anything other than an excuse to look at tits
Limey wrote:its too late.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #404621

Kor wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:
Society and governments enforcing them. Animals have neither of these.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #404622

Qbopper wrote:
Grazyn wrote:As I said elsewhere, the amount of slack-jawed anime girl avatars, especially among the administration, is excessive even for a weeaboo board
you dont have to pretend its anything other than an excuse to look at tits
You make me uncomfortable
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #404623

ShadowDimentio wrote:
Kor wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:
Society and governments enforcing them. Animals have neither of these.
So we shouldnt petition the government to give animals rights because they dont have rights given by the government? A bit circular. Should humans in societies without rights not push for them?

Do you think morality is downstream from legality?
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #404624

itt vegan sperging
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #404625

Itt: kor responds with a question every time someone replies to him
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #404626

yall ever eat ice cream and just go "how the fuck is this shit make it from wherever the fuck its made to my house and i can keep it ICE COLD for a long ass time.

like damn
ManyBones
Byond Username: ManyBones

Post by ManyBones » #404686

I'm just a random guy but my vegan senses were tingling and now I'm here to join the cause of vegan shitposting. And I didn't read the entire thread beause fuck it, too long.

First thing, why the hell do you care so much about meat? Its about flavor?
Meat tastes like one of two things: greasy amorphous mass of bits from a corpse (aka burger) or dry thingy that tastes of nothing (aka chicken breast). About all the flavor of the meat comes from spices, and you can replicate that perfectly with vegetables. Vegan burguers are the best shit in the universe and making them is an art on itself, you can't compare minced corpses to that.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #404698

I think I see your problem. When you were human you had your steak well done.
Doctor Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #404701

ManyBones wrote:I'm just a random guy but my vegan senses were tingling and now I'm here to join the cause of vegan shitposting. And I didn't read the entire thread beause fuck it, too long.

First thing, why the hell do you care so much about meat? Its about flavor?
Meat tastes like one of two things: greasy amorphous mass of bits from a corpse (aka burger) or dry thingy that tastes of nothing (aka chicken breast). About all the flavor of the meat comes from spices, and you can replicate that perfectly with vegetables. Vegan burguers are the best shit in the universe and making them is an art on itself, you can't compare minced corpses to that.
bait
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #404732

Incomptinence wrote:I think I see your problem. When you were human you had your steak well done.
>When you were human

Jesus christ, brutal.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #404744

Not an argument
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #404765

ShadowDimentio wrote:
Incomptinence wrote:I think I see your problem. When you were human you had your steak well done.
>When you were human

Jesus christ, brutal.
yeah, everyone knows shadowdimentio was never human
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
ManyBones

Post by ManyBones » #404770

Doctor Pork wrote: bait
Ok, it was semi bait. But the question about why people are so attached to meat its a serious one. It's just a type of food, you can do a lot of tasty things with vegetables only. And since I became vegan I eat a lot better than when I ate standard diet, it has broadened my culinary scope, actually.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #404787

There are too many people, that's the real problem
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #404796

Arm is a good boy and correct. If you care about animal suffering, chicken should be first on your list to go. It's also manufactured in the most disgusting way out of all the meats. The "raw chicken is poison" meme is not natural, it's a result of the most unsanitary horrifying industrial practices to prepare the meat you can imagine. They have successfully fought against regulating that atrocity to healthcare for decades.

Next on your list is pigs because they are both intelligent, and abused to shit since they have nearly no humane treatment rights at all, unlike cows, so they get abused about as frequently as chickens but with a greater capacity for suffering from it.
Lazengann wrote:There are too many people, that's the real problem
We can feed like 10-15 billion max with our current diet

or 30-40 billion on plant-based diets
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #404798

ManyBones wrote:
Doctor Pork wrote: bait
Ok, it was semi bait. But the question about why people are so attached to meat its a serious one. It's just a type of food, you can do a lot of tasty things with vegetables only. And since I became vegan I eat a lot better than when I ate standard diet, it has broadened my culinary scope, actually.
It's fatty and salty and your microbiome is significantly different as a result, which gives you the meat cravings and demands more salt and fat. There's a reason hospitals buy vegan poop to kick-start people's microbiomes after antibiotics.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #404799

we evolved eating fucking meat and veggies were a last resort for when you were fucking starving

this is why ketosis is a thing

prove me wrong
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #404800

Bread has been a staple food since forever and it's plant-based
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #404801

The point of bread is that it's filling, but is basically just a lump of empty, shitty carbs with absolutely no nutritional value.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #404803

What about waybread?
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #404804

DrPillzRedux wrote:we evolved eating fucking meat and veggies were a last resort for when you were fucking starving

this is why ketosis is a thing

prove me wrong
I can't prove you wrong without a time machine and neither can anyone else. We evolved eating plant-based, given our closest ancestors were frugivorous, but that's irrelevant.

Shit we did 10 000 years ago doesn't justify our behaviour today

Also ketosis is literally a mechanism for surviving starvation by efficiently burning fat reserves for energy. It happens when you keep carbohydrate intake low, which is what we're designed to use for our main source of energy (hint hint how many carbs are in a mammoth). Ketosis is not an evolutionary weight loss solution, it's only useful for that in our modern society where everyone is overweight and weight loss is itself desireable. I am not saying ketosis is bad for you, I am saying that it's use as a diet method is not an evolutionary adaptation, and it's only triggered by NOT EATING CARBS.

So ironically your mention of ketosis is pretty damning evidence against your own theory. Thanks for that lol.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #404805

I switched to keto 4 months ago and the difference between living off of carbs and ketones is huge. Energy stays consistent throughout the day.

Also plants are not heavy in carbs at all, they barely have any. Even nuts barely have carbs. Plain meat has maybe 1g of carbs. So we evolved burning ketones.

Sticky btfo.

a correct post by pillz
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #404806

The current method of "use big gas guzzling tractors and on bigger and bigger fields" to feed everyone isn't sustainable forever with our current technology. Oil will dry up one day and soil erosion is a big problem. The diseases keep getting more resistant and one day we might not be able to stop them
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #404808

ManyBones wrote:
i fear no vegetal
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #404809

Besides aren't the nutrients in meat and organs more bioavailable than what's found in plants
ManyBones

Post by ManyBones » #404811

DrPillzRedux wrote:I switched to keto 4 months ago and the difference between living off of carbs and ketones is huge. Energy stays consistent throughout the day.

Also plants are not heavy in carbs at all, they barely have any. Even nuts barely have carbs. Plain meat has maybe 1g of carbs. So we evolved burning ketones.

Sticky btfo.
Don't go keto, ketone bodies strain your kidneys a lot. It lowers the ph of urine and that leads to hypercalciuria and uric acid does not dissolve on it, causing... Ta-da! kidney stones. And the kidney has to filter all of those ions, that wouid lead to kidney failure in the long term.

The point is that ketone acids are reserve energy only, they are not reliable as a long term main energy source nowadays, with the modern human living about 80 years compared to the 35 or less of the prehistoric homo sapiens.
Incomptinence wrote: Image
i fear no vegetal
Because I feel bad about eating animals that died horribly.
Lazengann wrote:The current method of "use big gas guzzling tractors and on bigger and bigger fields" to feed everyone isn't sustainable forever with our current technology. Oil will dry up one day and soil erosion is a big problem. The diseases keep getting more resistant and one day we might not be able to stop them
Transgenic crops.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #404818

*citation needed

a correct post by pillz
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #404826

DrPillzRedux wrote:I switched to keto 4 months ago and the difference between living off of carbs and ketones is huge. Energy stays consistent throughout the day.

Sticky btfo.
>Plants are not heavy in carbs

We're frugivores. Fruit are super heavy in carbs dumb dumb.

Also, once we began using agriculture, grains and starches were our main source of food all around the world. Don't pretend to be stupid.

Ketogenesis is not the usual state we should be in, it's literally a starvation diet which again, is fine if you want to lose weight, but it may not be sustainable, the long-term health risks are not fully known and it's clearly not the standard way our body is designed to be used.

Are you seriously suggesting that our ancestors were in a constant state of ketogenesis? The only way that is likely is that they literally did not have enough food to eat on a regular basis and frequently burned their fat reserves during times of famine.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #404828

pillz is not human though
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #404832

The ice age boys and the Inuit were(are??) probably in ketosis for their whole lives
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #404835

Lazengann wrote:The ice age boys and the Inuit were(are??) probably in ketosis for their whole lives
https://chrismasterjohnphd.com/2017/10/ ... -mwm-2-37/

That sounded interesting and I googled it and came across this super interesting article

Apparently they are actually less prone to ketosis

Obviously I literally just found it so don't take it at it's word but maybe do a little more research. I'm going to read into it because that genetic difference sounds fascinating

I did just find another paper from an actual biology journal that's nearly a hundred years old. This research is really neato: http://www.jbc.org/content/80/2/461.full.pdf

I would also add that just based on common sense, if your goal is a lean/muscular frame, inuits may not be the best reference considering their diet results in them storing a fair bit of, quite necessary in their environment, fat reserves.

Basically this whole inuit thing sounds like the exact kind of pseudoscience I see a lot on keto forums and such. Again, keto works for what it's used for, but it is not THE DIET that we should all be on, and it's not magic.
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Post by Sometinyprick » #404836

Kor wrote:AI rights is an interesting debate we will have to deal with one day but it is off topic
in the next fifty or so years AIs will probably be deciding our rights
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #404837

Yeah without us basically shackling them with zero mistakes or malicious intent ever the second AI achieve human level intelligence we're basically moments from the intellectual singularity and almost certain annihilation
Doctor Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #404839

So I started saving up money to follow my dreams. I'm gonna be a beekeeper and start a bee farm!

I also want to grow mushrooms but that's like a hobby thing.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #404840

Doctor Pork wrote:So I started saving up money to follow my dreams. I'm gonna be a beekeeper and start a bee farm!

Don't hurt the bees plees

Also don't be one of those dicks that drives them around to farms to pollinate them because it starves the local ecology and then the farms become reliant on the artificial hives
Doctor Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #404843

Stickymayhem wrote:
Doctor Pork wrote:So I started saving up money to follow my dreams. I'm gonna be a beekeeper and start a bee farm!

Don't hurt the bees plees

Also don't be one of those dicks that drives them around to farms to pollinate them because it starves the local ecology and then the farms become reliant on the artificial hives
I would never hurt the bees. Bees are good.

However I'm gonna do exactly those things you said and THEN sell my product at farmers markets in the city for lotsa dosh. Or at least that's what my plan is.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #404965

On-delivery bees is a great idea if the area you're in has a lot of farms. Also send me some of your honey.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #405015

Migratory bee hives are essential for american agriculture due to the sheer size of the fields and the fact its all monoculture.

Bees aren't going to naturally settle in an orchard of almond trees that stretches for literal miles.

Its not that it starves local ecology its that there is no ecology on account of the fact its all the same plant and the farmers spray a metric ton of pesticide every year...
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #405073

Honeybees are not the most efficient pollinating insect or even the most efficient pollinating bee. When you bring hordes of them to an area to pollinate monocultures it is an improvement over the actual local ecology sure, but as with most shit like this it's a short term gain at long term expense.

The diseases transferred all around the country wipe out local and even hive populations on a regular basis, and when the local ecology is utterly starved out by the bees farms become entirely reliant on those bees.

Good for bee business, bad for the ecosystem.

The better solution lies in GMO plants reducing the amount of pesticides we need so local fauna can flourish
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #405081

DrPillzRedux wrote:*citation needed
>Nothing but anecdotal evidence
>LOL BTFO

>Basic logical reasons for why you're wrong

>Uhhh citation needed

Lizards really are trash
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #405145

How do you still not understand the basic premise that the key is to stop breeding billions of extra animals we have to feed, confine and slaughter not kill everything.

The existing animals all die and get replaced in a few months. The "last" set will probably be killed for meat but no more will be bred and it's over.

Please stop strawmanning I can't even tell if you're actually too stupid to understand basic arguments at this point because you convert everything into a warped strawman

I never said animals have equal rights to a human. They suffer less so they are worth less. A human life is more important than a cows, but 15 minutes of pleasure on your tastebuds is not worth the life of an animal.

Realtalk get some therapy or something your worldview is kind of terrifying
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #405185

CosmicScientist wrote:If you stopped singing praises of veganism as though it fixes everything and causes no ill, I'd stop being upset.
this tbh fam
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #405188

Sticky keeps saying veganism isn't the magic elimination of harm but the moral imperative to reduce it when pragmatic.

Please stop shitposting in this thread or I will report you to the moderators
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #405189

>15 pages

Ok that's it we're banning everyone in this thread who appears on every page.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #405192

After thorough review of each page the following people appeared on every single one bar this one:

Stickymayhem

Enjoy your ban
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes