Iamgoofball General

An old fashioned device, relics of a forgotten era.

"If I ever meet myself, I'll hit myself so hard I won't know what's hit me."
User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Iamgoofball General Prequel

Postby oranges » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:28 am #420880

can you believe ausops got tilted by this thread and permabanned goof from the forum lol



User avatar
iksyp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Location: usa usa usa usa usa
Byond Username: Iksyp

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby iksyp » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:43 am #420889

oranges wrote:can you believe ausops got tilted by this thread and permabanned goof from the forum lol

>permaban someone because you disagree
hmmmm
ignore this poster he has brain damage

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby oranges » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:49 am #420891

;)

User avatar
imblyings
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:42 pm
Location: >using suit sensors
Byond Username: Ausops

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby imblyings » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:56 am #420913

i have a long memory

so does goof I'm sure

if so he can silently reflect upon the many actions of his that lead to his current predicament and of course not ever admit or own up to them, as goof isn't the sort of guy to own up to the consequences of his shit-stirring otherwise he might not have done it in the first place

people can say i banned goof cause i got tilted but frankly, if every person who could do a thing about goof never did a thing when they got reminded about how shitty goof is because they were scared they'd be called out for whatever reason, he'd never be removed

so here we go, i don't care but i sure dont mind placing down the ban i should have never lifted years ago
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby oranges » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:02 am #420914

it's going to get lifted and you're going to be reamed out for bannign someone for no good reason no matter how hard you try to defend this.

You should apologise now for being salty and kicking the toys over in the sandpit

User avatar
Lazengann
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:26 pm
Byond Username: Lazengann

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Lazengann » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:13 am #420915

standing with ausops

User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Dax Dupont » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:27 am #420920

Almost the entire adminbus agrees with ausops. Including me.

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby oranges » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:33 am #420922

in the last twenty minutes all ausops has managed to offer is that "goof" knows what he has done and it's not just this thread, or that he's "toxic" and that "if this ban doesn't stick the admin team isn't worth backing"

They are quite clearly tilted about this thread and have decided to use their administrative powers to punish goof instead of just laughing at them like the rest of us.

That you are actually agreeing with the ban only indicates that you're also emotionally unable to handle being an administrator, if this ban sticks it will just make the admin team look incompetent and petty and unwilling to abide by their own rules, especially given that the game ban doesn't even apply to anything he's done in game.
Last edited by oranges on Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:27 am
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Arianya » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:38 am #420923

Ask not what you can do for goof.

Ask what goof can do for you.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby oranges » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:39 am #420924

That's ironic considering he's done far more for this game and community than you have

User avatar
Lazengann
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:26 pm
Byond Username: Lazengann

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Lazengann » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:42 am #420925

oranges are your squiggle marks implying that goof isn't toxic

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby oranges » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:43 am #420926

yeah, if you think his shitposts are toxic then you should ideally quit the admin team and the community

User avatar
Lazengann
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:26 pm
Byond Username: Lazengann

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Lazengann » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:52 am #420928

I guess if you pretend most of his actions were imaginary then you're right

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby oranges » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:54 am #420929

the guy is making forum posts, he's not lynching people in teh real world dude

User avatar
D&B
 
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:23 am
Location: *teleports behind you*
Byond Username: Repukan

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby D&B » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:27 pm #420941

The thread that keeps on giving.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?

J_Madison wrote:that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you

ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.

User avatar
Wyzack
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:32 pm
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Wyzack » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:29 pm #420954

Lol I thought he was just ignoring my saying him bringing sawrge into this was delusional, but this is way funnier.

I'll bet he thinks sawrge got him banned too
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!

Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.

EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster

PostThis post was deleted by captain sawrge on Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:36 pm.

User avatar
Ayy Lemoh
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:58 pm
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Ayy Lemoh » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:40 pm #420956

Wyzack wrote:I'll bet he thinks sawrge got him banned too

Goofball isn't the type of guy who plays a fallout game with only 2 intelligence points while investing the rest into luck or some shit, I feel.

I'm sure that even if he somehow thought that was true, which I strongly doubt, then SOMEONE would show him what ausops posted.


I feel like shit's gonna hit the fan one way or another now, though.

User avatar
D&B
 
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:23 am
Location: *teleports behind you*
Byond Username: Repukan

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby D&B » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:50 pm #420959

Ayy Lemoh wrote:
Wyzack wrote:I'll bet he thinks sawrge got him banned too

Goofball isn't the type of guy who plays a fallout game with only 2 intelligence points while investing the rest into luck or some shit, I feel.

I'm sure that even if he somehow thought that was true, which I strongly doubt, then SOMEONE would show him what ausops posted.


I feel like shit's gonna hit the fan one way or another now, though.


Blowout soon, fellow stalker
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?

J_Madison wrote:that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you

ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.

User avatar
Hornygranny
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:54 pm
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Hornygranny » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:35 pm #421020

I hope the admin team is embarrassed by this fiasco, because they should be. Your leadership has failed you.
Image

User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Dax Dupont » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:45 pm #421022

Coming from hg that's a compliment.

User avatar
Armhulen
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: it's a long story

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Armhulen » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:53 pm #421025

Dax Dupont wrote:Coming from hg that's a compliment.

Definitely not
Go to bed bro, she's not thinking about you.

User avatar
Farquaar
 
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:20 am
Location: Somewhere north of Hogtown
Byond Username: Farquaar

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Farquaar » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:58 pm #421028

(munches popcorn)

User avatar
DemonFiren
 
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:15 pm
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby DemonFiren » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:13 pm #421032

Armhulen wrote:
Dax Dupont wrote:Coming from hg that's a compliment.

Definitely not

definitely is
Image
Image
Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
captain sawrge
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:13 pm
Byond Username: Sawrge

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby captain sawrge » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:14 pm #421033

Hornygranny wrote:I hope the admin team is embarrassed by this fiasco, because they should be. Your leadership has failed you.

Who are you again
Image

User avatar
Rustledjimm
 
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:07 pm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Rustledjimm » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:38 pm #421039

We'll see if Arm learns anything for once then.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Image

Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby oranges » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:19 pm #421057

Day 2, headadmins still haven't come up with anything to communicate publically

we are left with the following options

A) ausops believes it's okay to ban someone for "shitposting" when in reality all they have done is consistently hold opinions that they disagreed with and post those opinions publically on the forum for the game

B) There is some reason that goof is really banned, but they believe it's ethically okay to ban someone with a fake reason, then lie about it until someone pulls them up on their shit and then evade the question with promises of "we'll figure something out later" and then radio silence, oh and also provide not a single shred of proof beyond hearsay.

C) ausops has literally baked in the sun and has gone mental and the headadmins are trying to cover that up.

All of these options are shit

A) indicates that it's now okay to ban people for holding opinions you don't like consistently, and not even for behaviour in game that contradicts the spirit of our rules, which is an incredibly sad precedent to set, at least judge people by their actions, not their words.

B) indicates that you believe the playerbase and administrative teams are untrustworthy, and don't deserve honesty and that's it's ethical to lie to people to their face while removing them, which is honestly sadder than even A, not to mention the idea that we are just going to somehow trust that you believe that these things happened without direct quotations from the people involved.

C) is the best outcome right now please lets pray for a hot australian winter


Hoping for an option D where this all makes sense and where the headadmins don't just believe the players and admin team don't deserve any clarity or that it's ethical to lie to peoples faces about why you're removing them instead of being intellectual honest about it

Lets not even cover how they convienently banned goof from the forum first so they could pretend they didn't have a right of appeal, yeah cause that's totally above board as well.

User avatar
Saegrimr
 
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Saegrimr » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:27 pm #421065

"Opinions"

Lets not pretend goof only holds opinions, and hasn't regularly pushed absolute trash PRs to prove a point when he doesn't like something that happens policy-wise. Something pretty much no regular player does or even thinks of as an option.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby oranges » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:29 pm #421066

They didn't get merged, but you know what, it's okay to have an opinion and push agenda's via PR's because that's how the game evolves you numpty, but despite us rebuffing goof at every single turn you somehow are claiming that this was a successfull strategy for him and needed to be shutdown? get off my lawn

User avatar
IkeTG
 
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:03 am
Location: Here, Now
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby IkeTG » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:39 pm #421071

At least goof died doing what he loved



kicking up dust and posting in bad faith

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby oranges » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:45 pm #421072

If only we can all go out the same way

User avatar
IkeTG
 
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:03 am
Location: Here, Now
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby IkeTG » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:46 pm #421073

hell yeah I hope you admins murder me before I'm past my prime

User avatar
DemonFiren
 
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:15 pm
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby DemonFiren » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:25 pm #421098

wait
was the goof really remoof

that needs no justification tbh
Image
Image
Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby oranges » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:31 pm #421100

DemonFiren wrote:wait
was the goof really remoof

that needs no justification tbh

yeah it needs no justication until you're the person being removed

whatever dude, goof deserves a proper appeal thread just like everyone else

User avatar
iksyp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Location: usa usa usa usa usa
Byond Username: Iksyp

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby iksyp » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:35 pm #421101

oranges wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:wait
was the goof really remoof

that needs no justification tbh

yeah it needs no justication until you're the person being removed

whatever dude, goof deserves a proper appeal thread just like everyone else

First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Socialist.

Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Trade Unionist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.
ignore this poster he has brain damage

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby oranges » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:35 pm #421102

Thank you for invoking godwins law within 2 pages

User avatar
iksyp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Location: usa usa usa usa usa
Byond Username: Iksyp

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby iksyp » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:36 pm #421103

oranges wrote:Thank you for invoking godwins law within 2 pages

someone had to do it
ignore this poster he has brain damage

User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Dax Dupont » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:27 pm #421114

The reason goof got banned was a rule 0/1, for years and years of shitty behavior. Nearly every time he posts it was in bad faith. He's been arguably so detrimental to the community it made people leave over the years.

There's no reason why someone who posts in bad faith for years and doesn't even play the game should be allowed to shit up the community for no reason other than being an absolute dickhead to people.

People finally stopped listening "but its goof xd lmao" and stopped letting him get away being so utterly detrimental to the community as a whole.

Maybe it was not as fully communicated to other admins at first, but we don't need to make ban reasons public to /anyone/ aside from the affected player.

If you want to find out what lead to this, feel free to read his post history and 400 bad faith PRs.
Last edited by Dax Dupont on Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby oranges » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:28 pm #421115

latest update

day 2, midday, supplies are growing lie.

the headadmins are still organising, they have not yet told anyone the ban reason, everyone in the admin team is dismissing my concern over the quality of the ban procedure as shitposting, such is life

apparently now goof doesn't deserve a right to appeal his own ban, despite that being granted to every single other permabanned player, even those under rule 1 bans.

we're settling in for a long seige

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby oranges » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:29 pm #421116

day 2, midday, an admin proclaims that they know the truth

where are the headadmins? Why do they work through proxies, are they afraid? Why is goof forumbanned on top of the gameban, why is he not allowed to appeal his ban?


More to come surely.

User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Dax Dupont » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:30 pm #421117

oranges wrote:latest update

day 2, midday, supplies are growing lie.

the headadmins are still organising, they have not yet told anyone the ban reason, everyone in the admin team is dismissing my concern over the quality of the ban procedure as shitposting, such is life

apparently now goof doesn't deserve a right to appeal his own ban, despite that being granted to every single other permabanned player, even those under rule 1 bans.

we're settling in for a long seige

Headmins have stated the reason, which is his behavior and even said we're free to discuss it here.

They are not required to publicize people's ban reasons aside from to the affected player. I'm pretty sure most people don't want certain of their bans public.

User avatar
Hornygranny
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:54 pm
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Hornygranny » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:31 pm #421118

Dax Dupont wrote:They are not required to publicize people's ban reasons aside from to the affected player. I'm pretty sure most people don't want certain of their bans public.

I disagree.
Image

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby oranges » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:32 pm #421119

Dax Dupont wrote:
oranges wrote:latest update

day 2, midday, supplies are growing lie.

the headadmins are still organising, they have not yet told anyone the ban reason, everyone in the admin team is dismissing my concern over the quality of the ban procedure as shitposting, such is life

apparently now goof doesn't deserve a right to appeal his own ban, despite that being granted to every single other permabanned player, even those under rule 1 bans.

we're settling in for a long seige

Headmins have stated the reason, which is his behavior and even said we're free to discuss it here.

They are not required to publicize people's ban reasons aside from to the affected player. I'm pretty sure most people don't want certain of their bans public.

You don't think they should at least make a public statement explaining some of the special circumstances of this ban and why they chose ausops to "carry out their plans"

User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Dax Dupont » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:32 pm #421120

Hornygranny wrote:
Dax Dupont wrote:They are not required to publicize people's ban reasons aside from to the affected player. I'm pretty sure most people don't want certain of their bans public.

I disagree.

Should they tell people why george melon got banned just because other people ask?

User avatar
Anonmare
 
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: Blighty
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Anonmare » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:33 pm #421121

I gotta admit, oranges has a point. Goof has the right to contest the ban, unless we're just making a special exception for goof in which case I have to ask: What the hell?

I don't even like goof, I'd normally be ambivalent about this
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Hornygranny
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:54 pm
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Hornygranny » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:37 pm #421122

Dax Dupont wrote:Should they tell people why george melon got banned just because other people ask?

Yes, both the crimes of players and the punishments from admins should be matters of public record.

Anonmare wrote:I gotta admit, oranges has a point. Goof has the right to contest the ban, unless we're just making a special exception for goof in which case I have to ask: What the hell?

I don't even like goof, I'd normally be ambivalent about this

I think it's worth mentioning that this is harsher treatment than has been given to anyone I can think of for some time by the current model of tgstation governance. The closest example I can recall is errorage's infamous "purge of shit".
Image

User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Dax Dupont » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:37 pm #421123

Anonmare wrote:I gotta admit, oranges has a point. Goof has the right to contest the ban, unless we're just making a special exception for goof in which case I have to ask: What the hell?

I don't even like goof, I'd normally be ambivalent about this


He probably wasn't confined to FNR mostly because his forum behavior was one of the major causes. Maybe he should get his one appeal a year but at the same time it's just gonna be a shitfest, maybe he should just be thrown on the blacklist because years of this shit proves he's not gonna change. There's a few people who are banned from the forum entirely iirc. It's simply not worth to keep someone who doesn't play and just tries to make people feel miserable for no reason other than strange gratification for years around.

oranges wrote:
Dax Dupont wrote:
oranges wrote:latest update

day 2, midday, supplies are growing lie.

the headadmins are still organising, they have not yet told anyone the ban reason, everyone in the admin team is dismissing my concern over the quality of the ban procedure as shitposting, such is life

apparently now goof doesn't deserve a right to appeal his own ban, despite that being granted to every single other permabanned player, even those under rule 1 bans.

we're settling in for a long seige

Headmins have stated the reason, which is his behavior and even said we're free to discuss it here.

They are not required to publicize people's ban reasons aside from to the affected player. I'm pretty sure most people don't want certain of their bans public.

You don't think they should at least make a public statement explaining some of the special circumstances of this ban and why they chose ausops to "carry out their plans"


Probably because ausops has more forum powers than the headmins as far as I understand.\

Hornygranny wrote:
Dax Dupont wrote:Should they tell people why george melon got banned just because other people ask?

Yes, both the crimes of players and the punishments from admins should be matters of public record.


If this is the case we should make the ban database and note database public entirely.

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby oranges » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:42 pm #421124

It's extremely duplicitous to equate requesting some honesty about why the fuck goof has been treated like he has done something incredibly major and permaed and forum banned when all he has done is made a forum thread, to wanting every ban and note to be public.

Stop arguing nonsense

The headadmins if they are across this ban have screwed the pooch, they didn't tell the admin team anything, they discussed it privately (if they discussed it at all) and they are now reaping the rewards of that.

User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Dax Dupont » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:45 pm #421126

oranges wrote:It's extremely duplicitous to equate requesting some honesty about why the fuck goof has been treated like he has done something incredibly major and permaed and forum banned when all he has done is made a forum thread, to wanting every ban and note to be public.

Stop arguing nonsense

The headadmins if they are across this ban have screwed the pooch, they didn't tell the admin team anything, they discussed it privately (if they discussed it at all) and they are now reaping the rewards of that.

I literally knew this ban was happening before ausops did it. It was actually posted in adminbus.

User avatar
Hornygranny
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:54 pm
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Hornygranny » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:46 pm #421128

Dax Dupont wrote:Probably because ausops has more forum powers than the headmins as far as I understand.

So do I. Does that give me the right to unilaterally deny a player, or any player, access to the forum to appeal, just because it's within my phpBB permissions?
Image

Next

Return to Thinking Cap

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users