Iamgoofball General

An old fashioned device, relics of a forgotten era.

"If I ever meet myself, I'll hit myself so hard I won't know what's hit me."
User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Location: Belgium
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Dax Dupont » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:47 pm #421129

Hornygranny wrote:
Dax Dupont wrote:Probably because ausops has more forum powers than the headmins as far as I understand.

So do I. Does that give me the right to unilaterally deny a player, or any player, access to the forum to appeal, just because it's within my phpBB permissions?

The question was "why did ausops do it instead of the headmins". Because they couldn't forum ban him. Ausops could. It was discussed with ausops because I already found out it was likely to happen before it did. Ausops did not tell me.



User avatar
D&B
 
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:23 am
Location: *teleports behind you*
Byond Username: Repukan

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby D&B » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:07 am #421136

Add me to the screenshot
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?

J_Madison wrote:that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you

ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.

User avatar
Anonmare
 
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: Blighty
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Anonmare » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:10 am #421138

D&B wrote:Add me to the screenshot

Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby oranges » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:14 am #421140

Image

User avatar
Hornygranny
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:54 pm
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Hornygranny » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:01 am #421150

Dax Dupont wrote:The question was "why did ausops do it instead of the headmins". Because they couldn't forum ban him. Ausops could. It was discussed with ausops because I already found out it was likely to happen before it did. Ausops did not tell me.

Why should he be forum banned? If his in-game conduct was bad enough that he should be punished, why is he denied any means to appeal? If you allege his innumerable attempts to contribute code are sometimes made in bad faith, why does that merit extending punishment to both the server and the forum? I understand you claim that this was discussed behind closed doors and the actions of the admin team are appropriate, but we're expressing our concern because the alleged perpetrator and the community at large do not have that information, and a day later, it has not been provided, nor has the issue been addressed. Whether or not you like him, Goof is a veteran member of the community, who has contributed many hours of hard work and left his mark on the game you're supposed to be the custodians of, and the way he is being treated is a miscarriage of justice.
Image

User avatar
IkeTG
 
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:03 am
Location: Here, Now
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby IkeTG » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:59 am #421168


zaracka
 
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:22 am
Byond Username: Zaracka

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby zaracka » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:57 am #421210

Even when goof loses, he wins.

User avatar
Cobby
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Cobby » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:57 am #421232

For every admin killed in the library backroom by Repukan for playing DND take a shot
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current

User avatar
Hornygranny
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:54 pm
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Hornygranny » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:10 pm #421344

Day 3, still no communication, except for banning Goof from Discord.
Image

User avatar
Shaps-cloud
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:25 am
Byond Username: Shaps

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Shaps-cloud » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:33 pm #421347

Need to know basis
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.

Image

User avatar
blute
 
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:57 pm
Byond Username: Spacedong

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby blute » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:06 pm #421366

just offering my input as a guy from hippie looking into this rabbit hole, 90% of the admins here seem like pretentious SJW pricks, see: *large amounts of anime/catshit avatars*

User avatar
captain sawrge
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:13 pm
Byond Username: Sawrge

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby captain sawrge » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:08 pm #421367

blute wrote:just offering my input as a guy from hippie looking into this rabbit hole, 90% of the admins here seem like pretentious SJW pricks, see: *large amounts of anime/catshit avatars*

Based hippie telling it like it is
Image

User avatar
Toronto88
 
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:55 pm
Byond Username: Booboobug

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Toronto88 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:11 pm #421368

Arianya wrote:
oranges wrote:acting like other peoples threads should be moved to the hut is the argument of a 5 year old

lift the level of your discourse please


If it quacks like a duck and looks like a duck then it's most likely a...

Also any thread that started with "sawrge cronies" and progressed to "headmins making up holidays" is already rock bottom in terms of level of discourse.


This is something I've noticed a lot of the bottom-barrel /tg/ admins do in arguments a lot, they :medbot: respond to valid points by dismissing the point as "not worth discussing" but you'll notice there is NEVER a reason given for why it is not worth discussing. It is a total bitch move and speaks volumes about their character. It's no :peel: different than people who sit there and :clean: go "uhhh excuthe me thatth a logical fawacy!!!" without realizing that, if someone is making a fallacious statement, the way you recognize this is by crafting a response that pokes :d6: a hole in their logic instead of going "ITS A FAWWACY DONT HAVE TO RESPOND NOW".

I am 99% sure that if we actually discussed 'sawrge cronies' and 'headmins making up holidays', there would be a lot of strong evidence in favor of these things :hug: being true. The fact that Arianya moved so quickly to shut down any discussion of it by saying it's "rock bottom level discourse" :pigman: only shows that he absolutely cannot refute the reality of these things, and so instead has to resort to trying to stifle :beer: the conversation from ever being allowed to occur. Classic.

I've developed a heuristic that allows you to determine when a /tg/ administration is bitch-made and shaking with fear. If the admin responds to a valid post with something completely unrelated such as, "this is in the wrong forum", "this is stupid and not even worth discussing", etc, they are trembling in fright as they type these snarky pieces of sophistry. No one who is in the right would ever behave in this way and yet we see it constantly.

My fellow /tg/ players, are we going to continue laying down and taking this abuse from pasty, catgirl avatared charlatans whose arms would snap like twigs from trying to curl a 10 lb dumbbell?

We are daily subjected to deluges of their impropriety, which can clearly be seen as a manifestation of their underlying pathologies. This misbehavior would warrant our sympathy and mercy, as they cannot help themselves from being this way, if it did not make them so unpleasant to be around. It's for the good of us and them that we force them to confront these insecurities and emotional traumas that cause them to behave so disagreeably.

A good first step would be creating a registry of all admins and players whose avatars are underage japanese cartoon girls, or anthropomorphic animals. You might not like this. You may find it to be harsh. But deep down in your heart you know that it's the right thing to do.
Image
Image

User avatar
captain sawrge
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:13 pm
Byond Username: Sawrge

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby captain sawrge » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:15 pm #421370

I miss Gumbo Howard :cry:
Image

User avatar
Aloraydrel
 
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:14 pm
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Aloraydrel » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:15 pm #421371

blute wrote:just offering my input as a guy from hippie looking into this rabbit hole, 90% of the admins here seem like pretentious SJW pricks, see: *large amounts of anime/catshit avatars*


based sjw poster

User avatar
Nabski
 
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:42 pm
Location: TN
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Nabski » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:17 pm #421372

Toronto88 wrote:
Arianya wrote:
oranges wrote:acting like other peoples threads should be moved to the hut is the argument of a 5 year old

lift the level of your discourse please


If it quacks like a duck and looks like a duck then it's most likely a...

Also any thread that started with "sawrge cronies" and progressed to "headmins making up holidays" is already rock bottom in terms of level of discourse.


https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/d ... ted_06.ogg


(Wait these are .oggs? Oh I'm going to have a field day).

Is a starcraft avatar anime? I keep getting different answers on that.

User avatar
ninjanomnom
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 3:35 am
Byond Username: Ninjanomnom
Github Username: ninjanomnom

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby ninjanomnom » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:41 pm #421375

Dax Dupont wrote:
Hornygranny wrote:
Dax Dupont wrote:Should they tell people why george melon got banned just because other people ask?

Yes, both the crimes of players and the punishments from admins should be matters of public record.


If this is the case we should make the ban database and note database public entirely.


I'd honestly be in favor of complete open information except for explicitly private information such as real names etc being censored.

goof


Even long before joining the community I enjoyed goof being around. He's hasty, doesn't care enough about the results of his actions, and I disagree most of the time with what he's trying to do or say. However, and I hesitate call him this, overall he's an honest guy and doesn't deserve this. I respect him for his difference in viewpoint that he's not afraid to share, even when if goes too far.

Since becoming maintainer I've not had quite as much enjoyment of his antics but I still count it a net positive. However what he does on the github should have no bearing on anything related to the server.

This is not to say he's never done something he really shouldn't have, and some of that is ban worthy. I do believe though that he has learned and improved over the years.
Narcissistic stuff others said/made for me
Spoiler:
Image
Image

cacogen
 
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby cacogen » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:49 pm #421379

Toronto88 wrote:
Arianya wrote:
oranges wrote:acting like other peoples threads should be moved to the hut is the argument of a 5 year old

lift the level of your discourse please


If it quacks like a duck and looks like a duck then it's most likely a...

Also any thread that started with "sawrge cronies" and progressed to "headmins making up holidays" is already rock bottom in terms of level of discourse.


This is something I've noticed a lot of the bottom-barrel /tg/ admins do in arguments a lot, they :medbot: respond to valid points by dismissing the point as "not worth discussing" but you'll notice there is NEVER a reason given for why it is not worth discussing. It is a total bitch move and speaks volumes about their character. It's no :peel: different than people who sit there and :clean: go "uhhh excuthe me thatth a logical fawacy!!!" without realizing that, if someone is making a fallacious statement, the way you recognize this is by crafting a response that pokes :d6: a hole in their logic instead of going "ITS A FAWWACY DONT HAVE TO RESPOND NOW".

I am 99% sure that if we actually discussed 'sawrge cronies' and 'headmins making up holidays', there would be a lot of strong evidence in favor of these things :hug: being true. The fact that Arianya moved so quickly to shut down any discussion of it by saying it's "rock bottom level discourse" :pigman: only shows that he absolutely cannot refute the reality of these things, and so instead has to resort to trying to stifle :beer: the conversation from ever being allowed to occur. Classic.

I've developed a heuristic that allows you to determine when a /tg/ administration is bitch-made and shaking with fear. If the admin responds to a valid post with something completely unrelated such as, "this is in the wrong forum", "this is stupid and not even worth discussing", etc, they are trembling in fright as they type these snarky pieces of sophistry. No one who is in the right would ever behave in this way and yet we see it constantly.

My fellow /tg/ players, are we going to continue laying down and taking this abuse from pasty, catgirl avatared charlatans whose arms would snap like twigs from trying to curl a 10 lb dumbbell?

We are daily subjected to deluges of their impropriety, which can clearly be seen as a manifestation of their underlying pathologies. This misbehavior would warrant our sympathy and mercy, as they cannot help themselves from being this way, if it did not make them so unpleasant to be around. It's for the good of us and them that we force them to confront these insecurities and emotional traumas that cause them to behave so disagreeably.

A good first step would be creating a registry of all admins and players whose avatars are underage japanese cartoon girls, or anthropomorphic animals. You might not like this. You may find it to be harsh. But deep down in your heart you know that it's the right thing to do.

:mrgreen:
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this

User avatar
Hornygranny
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:54 pm
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Hornygranny » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:05 pm #421381

Dax Dupont wrote:The reason goof got banned was a rule 0/1, for years and years of shitty behavior. Nearly every time he posts it was in bad faith. He's been arguably so detrimental to the community it made people leave over the years.

Were you wrong, or were you lying? If you were wrong, was it because someone lied to you?
Image

User avatar
Toronto88
 
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:55 pm
Byond Username: Booboobug

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Toronto88 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:13 pm #421384

Further examples of the duplicity on display here:

Arianya wrote:this is a cool NTR hut thread but its in the wrong subforum


Completely empty post.

Arianya wrote:sorry you're right clearly this is a serious thread for serious discussion only, i missed that.


Completely empty post, unless you read it for it's literal meaning which is that admins abusing their powers to ban people while being blatantly unable to provide any kind of cogent reasoning for why they did this is not worthy of "serious discussion". In other words, we (the players) can go fuck ourselves.

Rustledjimm wrote:>deleting shitposts requires the same amount of thought and thinking as weighing up an appeal, the effect on the server, potential problems and other considerations

This is why you'd make a shit headmin.


Completely empty post, zero explanation provided for the current situation. (Snarky young girl anime avatar, poster clearly male. See previous post.)

!!!DANGER!!!

Image

Dax Dupont wrote:Do you really need to tell the community you're going on vacation for a week?

Goof is our Alex Jones but even more conspiracy minded.


Further denial of the need for administrators to be accountable to anyone but themselves. Empty accusation of Goof being "conspiracy minded" while the posts unfolding in this thread tell a clear story of misbehavior by a cabal of admins attempting to cover for eachother. If there was a case to be made against Goofball, at this point one of the administrators involved would've just posted "Goofball did x, this is a violation of rule y, and so we are enforcing the rules."

The refusal to allow him to appeal is another example of this. If he did not have a case, you would let him make the appeal so that everyone could see that.

captain sawrge wrote:We pay headmins top dollar and this is the performance they give us smdh


Completely empty post.

Aloraydrel wrote:It's a good gets mad episode.

I love reruns!


Completely empty post.

Wyzack wrote:Sawrge wanted repukan unbanned though what does he have to do with this?

You are literally seeing conspiracy boogiemen that don't exist


"You are LITERALLY seeing conspiracy boogiemen that don't exist!" Accordingly, I've locked you out from all channels of communication so that you cannot discredit yourself by spouting your silly conspiracies :D

imblyings wrote:i have a long memory

so does goof I'm sure

if so he can silently reflect upon the many actions of his that lead to his current predicament and of course not ever admit or own up to them, as goof isn't the sort of guy to own up to the consequences of his shit-stirring otherwise he might not have done it in the first place

people can say i banned goof cause i got tilted but frankly, if every person who could do a thing about goof never did a thing when they got reminded about how shitty goof is because they were scared they'd be called out for whatever reason, he'd never be removed

so here we go, i don't care but i sure dont mind placing down the ban i should have never lifted years ago


This one is spectacular. Seven lines of text from the person who felt it necessary to permaban someone from the forums because he was spouting "conspiracies" (if this was the case, the prudent thing to do would be to allow Goof to post his conspiracies so that people can see what bullshit it is), but if you remove all the fluff there is little if any content wrt why this is actually happening. Let's trim the fat off of ausop's post and see what we're left with:

he can silently reflect upon the many actions of his that lead to his current predicament

That's it. And conveniently what he did is never actually mentioned. This post would've been way more effective in getting Ausop's point across had he just said "I had to ban Goofball because he broke x rule." His refusal to do this reflects very poorly on his side of the story.

Lazengann wrote:standing with ausops


Empty statement of siding with Ausops, lends credence to the theory admins are acting as a cabal.

Dax Dupont wrote:Almost the entire adminbus agrees with ausops. Including me.


"Most of us agree with this so it's a done deal." What a joke.

I can guarantee that if almost everyone agreed that "Dax Dupont" needs to be banished from this community, he would NOT accept that as sound reasoning. Furthermore I can guarantee that this is a situation he will be forced to deal with this in short order, as this is his avatar:
Image

Arianya wrote:Ask not what you can do for goof.

Ask what goof can do for you.


This is the fourth snarky, contentless post from this playdough brain.

Coincidentally, this is his avatar:
Image

Lazengann wrote:oranges are your squiggle marks implying that goof isn't toxic


Empty post from the guy whose previous post was an empty statement of "I side with ausops".
Why do all these admins have the time/energy to post a litany of snarky replies but they can't answer simple questions like "Why did goofball need to be permabanned?" or "Why is Goofball being prohibited from stating his case in any way?"

Lazengann wrote:I guess if you pretend most of his actions were imaginary then you're right


Another one, conspicuously absent of any explanation of what these actions were.

Dax Dupont wrote:Coming from hg that's a compliment.


Completely empty response to Hornygranny's very valid point. This is not how someone who is confident in their position behaves. Evasive and snarky. Very telling!

captain sawrge wrote:Who are you again


More empty snark from someone who is ostensibly directly involved in this shitshow.

Rustledjimm wrote:We'll see if Arm learns anything for once then.


Completely empty post.

Saegrimr wrote:"Opinions"

Lets not pretend goof only holds opinions, and hasn't regularly pushed absolute trash PRs to prove a point when he doesn't like something that happens policy-wise. Something pretty much no regular player does or even thinks of as an option.


Big dog moderator (this is his avatar Image) comes in to comment on the situation. Only states that Goofball submits PRs he thinks are trash. Is this why goofball got banned?
"Something pretty much no regular player does or even thinks of as an option."
What does this mean? Would we permaban other people for submitting PRs deemed "trash"?

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/38479

I submitted this the other day and received absolutely nothing in the way of punishment.

Dax Dupont wrote:The reason goof got banned was a rule 0/1, for years and years of shitty behavior. Nearly every time he posts it was in bad faith. He's been arguably so detrimental to the community it made people leave over the years.

There's no reason why someone who posts in bad faith for years and doesn't even play the game should be allowed to shit up the community for no reason other than being an absolute dickhead to people.

People finally stopped listening "but its goof xd lmao" and stopped letting him get away being so utterly detrimental to the community as a whole.

Maybe it was not as fully communicated to other admins at first, but we don't need to make ban reasons public to /anyone/ aside from the affected player.

If you want to find out what lead to this, feel free to read his post history and 400 bad faith PRs.


The first substantial post to be made. Let's break it down.
1. Goofball was banned on the basis of a rule that lets admins ban people without needing a concrete reason.

2. His posts are in "bad faith". (Does this even mean anything? Clearly not as it appears the post that got him banned was one centered around ensuring a player was given fair hearing in an appeal... aka the exact thing admins should be concerned about :shock: )

3. "He's a dickhead and shitty" aka nothing, I could say the same about you, I just don't have the weight of an admin cabal behind me to do anything about it.

4. "He was beung so utterly detrimental to the community as a whole." Conspicuous lack of ANY specific details at all as to what this "detriment shitty behavior" actually was, ie. it didn't actually exist and this is nothing but post hoc justification being thrown out to muddy the discussion's waters.

5. "Maybe we didn't communicate it fully to the other admins, but this doesn't matter and also we are under no obligation to explain or justify our behaviors to anyone be they players or admins lower on the totem pole than us." I suppose you're entitled to feel this way, but it's clear to see that this is not the kind of attitude that fosters a pleasant video game server environment. Tacit admission that your main goal in administrating is turning this place into a tyrannical loli catgirl fiefdom, and fuck what the players think.

Finally he concludes with, "if you want to know why this happened, feel free to read his 2508 posts and all the PRs he's ever made on the /tg/station github."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Again all this shows is that they are completely at a loss for how to justify their actions. Again, it would be as simple as saying "my reason was this", but that assumes there was a reason at all.

Shaps-cloud wrote:Need to know basis


I'm assuming this one was a joke. If it's serious then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:






19 posts from 10 different admins and not one of them was willing or able to answer the very simple question, "What did Goofball do to warrant the ban and why is he being denied the right to appeal or discuss it?"

This certainly makes me think Goofball was wrong about admins acting in bad faith, together. Note how they also used the term "in bad faith", well funny enough projection is a classic sign of guilt..
Image
Image

User avatar
Nabski
 
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:42 pm
Location: TN
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Nabski » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:24 pm #421389

A. Boo you left me out of that wall of text.
B. The general admins have nothing to say about it because it was not our ban.
C. https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/d ... tional.ogg

User avatar
Toronto88
 
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:55 pm
Byond Username: Booboobug

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Toronto88 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:38 pm #421394

Nabski wrote:A. Boo you left me out of that wall of text.
B. The general admins have nothing to say about it because it was not our ban.
C. https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/d ... tional.ogg


Another completely empty response.
Regarding your second point, "we have nothing to say as it was not our ban". Really? You have no opinion on it? Are you able to tell me the reason he was banned? Admins cannot comment on ban appeals for bans they didn't participate in applying?

Get off your high horse :lol:
Image
Image

User avatar
ninjanomnom
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 3:35 am
Byond Username: Ninjanomnom
Github Username: ninjanomnom

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby ninjanomnom » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:51 pm #421400

The admin and moderation team is fairly large, it would be a little silly to expect such a group of volunteers to all know about or care about every ban. The point after all is so that they can split their time between tasks that need to get done.
Narcissistic stuff others said/made for me
Spoiler:
Image
Image

User avatar
Saegrimr
 
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Saegrimr » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:08 pm #421408

Imagine being tonto and making unironic illuminati paranoia threads on a video game forum.
You complain about empty responses while making the most massive gaping hole of a response so far in this thread.

Oh also you can drop the admin count by 1, i'm not an admin.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.

User avatar
Toronto88
 
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:55 pm
Byond Username: Booboobug

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Toronto88 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:11 pm #421410

Saegrimr wrote:Imagine being tonto and making unironic illuminati paranoia threads on a video game forum.
You complain about empty responses while making the most massive gaping hole of a response so far in this thread.

Oh also you can drop the admin count by 1, i'm not an admin.

Completely empty response. See what I mean about these people, folks? Also noteworthy is the hostile and impotent tone, this is not how someone responds unless your post got under their skin (because it was true).

Mind showing us these "gaping holes"? The only one I see is you! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image
Image

User avatar
Saegrimr
 
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Saegrimr » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:17 pm #421413

Toronto88 wrote: Also noteworthy is the hostile and impotent tone

You must be new to dealing with me. Everybody else might try to act professional but I have no issue with calling people fucksticks when they're acting like a fuckstick, fills a necessary niche just like we have you to make fantastic gems of threads like these that I laughed at first but worry this really is something that consumes your every day life like anime tiddies consumes mine.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15322&p=378805
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8821&p=234040
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8567&p=228105
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.

User avatar
Toronto88
 
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:55 pm
Byond Username: Booboobug

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Toronto88 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:19 pm #421414

Listen, hole, it speaks volumes when your only response to the simple question "what did Goofball do to get banned and why is he not allowed to appeal it anywhere?" is to comb through my post history to try and shame me with true and factual things I've written about lawn maintenance.
Image
Image

User avatar
Saegrimr
 
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Saegrimr » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:21 pm #421418

Please inform me further on how many fucks i'm supposed to give about you, this appeal, or your pointless wall of text to call out "empty posts".
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.

User avatar
Lumbermancer
 
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:40 am
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Lumbermancer » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:23 pm #421419

what is happening
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Image

User avatar
Saegrimr
 
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Saegrimr » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:25 pm #421421

I think Tonto wants me to give at least 3 fucks about this when all I can muster up is half of one.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.

User avatar
Farquaar
 
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:20 am
Location: Somewhere north of Hogtown
Byond Username: Farquaar

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Farquaar » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:29 pm #421424

If I could offer my two cents as a /tg/station newbie, reading this thread doesn't really give me any idea as to why goof was banned. I think this whole thing could be cleared up pretty easily if an explanation with cogent reasoning and examples of rule violation was provided.

User avatar
Toronto88
 
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:55 pm
Byond Username: Booboobug

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Toronto88 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:36 pm #421426

Saegrimr wrote:I think Tonto wants me to give at least 3 fucks about this when all I can muster up is half of one.


Hole,

You clearly give enough of a fuck to repeatedly post about how much you don't give a fuck.
You would also give enough of a fuck to make a post detailing why Goofball had to be banned, but unfortunately it has become blatantly clear to all of us that you do not know why this was.


Hope this helps,
Toronto88
Image
Image

User avatar
Saegrimr
 
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Saegrimr » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:37 pm #421428

Is this about wanting an actual physical ban reason that was applied? Because if so, here.

Image

If you want some explanation or reasoning behind it, fucking ask him yourself. Forum PMs,IRC, and i'm assuming he uses that discord shit too.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby oranges » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:38 pm #421429

how the fuck is tonto actually getting the high ground against the administration, what the fuck happened to us /tg/

User avatar
D&B
 
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:23 am
Location: *teleports behind you*
Byond Username: Repukan

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby D&B » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:39 pm #421430

Man what the fuck is this thread lmao

Add me to the screenshot
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?

J_Madison wrote:that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you

ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.

User avatar
Toronto88
 
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:55 pm
Byond Username: Booboobug

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Toronto88 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:40 pm #421431

Unsurprisingly, the reason giving for the banning is just as nebulous as every reply that the staff has provided in this thread. I could just as easily judge that "recent behavior from Hole has determined that he is not worth the trouble", the only difference being that what I said would be the God's honest truth.
Image
Image

User avatar
Saegrimr
 
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Saegrimr » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:42 pm #421432

The fuck were you expecting? Some long detailed novel about the history of goofball after the post he left here? Though that is a considerably longer ban reason than I usually see considering the tiny size of the text box given.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.

User avatar
Nabski
 
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:42 pm
Location: TN
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Nabski » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:45 pm #421433

Farquaar wrote:If I could offer my two cents as a /tg/station newbie, reading this thread doesn't really give me any idea as to why goof was banned. I think this whole thing could be cleared up pretty easily if an explanation with cogent reasoning and examples of rule violation was provided.


Goof, while being a long lived member of the TG community, providing unique coding content, was banned silently to most players.

The exact reason for the ban appears different depending on who you talk to, along with how valid it is.

His has a significant history of sharing some . . strong opinions and acting out in minor ways that when initially viewed are amusing but as they are repeated seem immature. This would be more excusable if he didn't alternate between slinging mud and taking the moral high ground. Combine this with the fact that he virtually never play and tends to contribute in ways that are divisive it looks like someone in power got sick of it.

Like I said earlier, I'm not commenting in an official standpoint in any way because it's not my ban.



But I won't miss him.

(SHIT A BUNCH OF PEOPLE WROTE STUFF WHILE I WAS WRITING THIS)

User avatar
Saegrimr
 
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Saegrimr » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:47 pm #421434

Nabski wrote:(SHIT A BUNCH OF PEOPLE WROTE STUFF WHILE I WAS WRITING THIS)

Nothing of value was said over the last 3 pages don't worry.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.

User avatar
Toronto88
 
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:55 pm
Byond Username: Booboobug

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Toronto88 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:22 pm #421453

Nabski wrote:
Farquaar wrote:If I could offer my two cents as a /tg/station newbie, reading this thread doesn't really give me any idea as to why goof was banned. I think this whole thing could be cleared up pretty easily if an explanation with cogent reasoning and examples of rule violation was provided.


Goof, while being a long lived member of the TG community, providing unique coding content, was banned silently to most players.

The exact reason for the ban appears different depending on who you talk to, along with how valid it is.

His has a significant history of sharing some . . strong opinions and acting out in minor ways that when initially viewed are amusing but as they are repeated seem immature. This would be more excusable if he didn't alternate between slinging mud and taking the moral high ground. Combine this with the fact that he virtually never play and tends to contribute in ways that are divisive it looks like someone in power got sick of it.

Like I said earlier, I'm not commenting in an official standpoint in any way because it's not my ban.



But I won't miss him.

(SHIT A BUNCH OF PEOPLE WROTE STUFF WHILE I WAS WRITING THIS)


Ironically, all we've seen from the admins in this thread is alternations of mud slinging and then taking the moral high ground. Without describing a single specific thing Goofball actually did, of course.

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Nabski
 
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:42 pm
Location: TN
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Nabski » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:27 pm #421456


User avatar
ShadowDimentio
 
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 3:15 am
Byond Username: David273

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby ShadowDimentio » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:32 pm #421462

Real talk, who gives a fuck what Goof posts? He's a joke to literally everyone, even himself, and yet he's managed to get a good chunk of the admin team pissed enough to ban him. How have admins with such thin skin that they can't just fucking ignore his dumb ass been promoted?

Shameful.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz

User avatar
Saegrimr
 
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:39 pm
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Saegrimr » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:38 pm #421465

Boy shadow you got a lot to talk about thin skin don't you lmao
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.

User avatar
ShadowDimentio
 
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 3:15 am
Byond Username: David273

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby ShadowDimentio » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:39 pm #421466

Saegrimr wrote:Boy shadow you got a lot to talk about thin skin don't you lmao


I'm a thicc boy.

Also not an admin, it's not my job to deal with chucklefucks.
Last edited by ShadowDimentio on Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz

User avatar
Nabski
 
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:42 pm
Location: TN
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Nabski » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:40 pm #421469

ShadowDimentio wrote:Real talk, who gives a fuck what Goof posts? He's a joke to literally everyone, even himself, and yet he's managed to get a good chunk of the admin team pissed enough to ban him. How have admins with such thin skin that they can't just fucking ignore his dumb ass been promoted?

Shameful.

https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/d ... death5.ogg

User avatar
starmute
 
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:48 pm
Byond Username: Starmute

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby starmute » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:48 pm #421473

Saegrimr wrote: Everybody else might try to act professional



If only....

Its a good dream though.



On subject
Admins have been.... heavy handed as of late. I have personal stake and bias about it so I'm not going to say anything other than that about it.

As far as the Goof situation goes I will point out this has happened before in our history (ikkarus and errorage anyone?)

User avatar
ShadowDimentio
 
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 3:15 am
Byond Username: David273

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby ShadowDimentio » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:55 pm #421475

Me too, don't forget meeee!
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz

User avatar
starmute
 
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:48 pm
Byond Username: Starmute

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby starmute » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:56 pm #421476

ShadowDimentio wrote:Me too, don't forget meeee!


When was that? Ikkarus-Errorage drama basically caused us to move to another forum.
Last edited by starmute on Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Anonmare
 
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: Blighty
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby Anonmare » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:57 pm #421477

Why not just gitban Goof then? I don't understand why a server ban was applied as well. Everyone I've spoken to has been giving me various different answers with the general theme of past behaviour, but the only thing I've gotten consistently is github behaviour. I don't think it's unreasonable to want a citation of the incident that broke the camel's back
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
starmute
 
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:48 pm
Byond Username: Starmute

Re: Repukan's appeal

Postby starmute » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:05 am #421482

Anonmare wrote:Why not just gitban Goof then? I don't understand why a server ban was applied as well. Everyone I've spoken to has been giving me various different answers with the general theme of past behaviour, but the only thing I've gotten consistently is github behaviour. I don't think it's unreasonable to want a citation of the incident that broke the camel's back



Some people really don't like goof is pretty much the honest answer if you think about it. Some people love him and some people hate him. There are people caught in the middle of this shitstorm too.

I have opinions on the ban but honestly its up to the Headmins to decide. I have a pretty neutral opinion on goof. He's kinda outlandish but honestly there are many of people like that in this community.

PreviousNext

Return to Thinking Cap

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users