Security's representation on Github.

An old fashioned device, relics of a forgotten era.

"If I ever meet myself, I'll hit myself so hard I won't know what's hit me."
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Re: Security's representation on Github.

Post by Cheridan » #175612

Bottom post of the previous page:

Steelpoint wrote:I'm sorry I thought I was back in 2015 reading Paprika going insane all over again.
How does it make you feel? Is it a warm nostalgia for days gone by, or is it more like... another year of Thanksgiving and seeing Great Great Aunt May talking to her teddy bear and trying to feed it mashed potatoes?
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #175617

honestly guys don't overreact, it wasn't even that hostile, I've called people far worse
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #175623

Fuckin Pap went nuts and I wasn't here to bait him into more. Shit.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #175624

Saegrimr wrote:Fuckin Pap went nuts and I wasn't here to bait him into more. Shit.
When have you ever bated anything more than your whole two inches?
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #175636

Well, I'unno, you were sperging out pretty hard.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #175641

paprika wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:Fuckin Pap went nuts and I wasn't here to bait him into more. Shit.
When have you ever bated anything more than your whole two inches?
B
T
F
O
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #175642

I'm gonna be honest I've seen much worse from other players who weren't banned at one point
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #175664

Let's stop ruining Oldman's thread and get back on topic.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #175665

paprika wrote:As for the stupid 'lol just demote sec officers as warden' instead of having admins deal with sec players -- it's much less of an IC issue when a sec officer treats someone like shit or does their job wrong because security is much closer to the fence where antagonists/griefers sit, so they have the potential to be actually OOC dickheads. Keeping the warden around to handle this ICly when a MUCH, MUCH better course of action would be to just eject these shitty players from the sec role with a jobban is a fucking stupid idea, unless of course you really want to wax your stun baton boner and 'demote' an officer as warden (seriously just play HoS).
Christ, we've finally got to the point where playing sec doesn't involve getting half a dozen admin pms every round and you want to go back to that???

Okay, lets say you get rid of the warden.
Who guards the brig to make sure the prisoners don't escape/get broken out or stop some asshat from breaking in to loot the brain dead officer in the equipment room?
Who lets the prisoners out when their sentence is up?

If you're going to say "Well an officer can stand guard and do that" then what was the fucking point in removing the warden in the first place just for someone else to do the same job?
oranges wrote:malk doesn't even play lmao
oranges doesnt even donate when he doesn't get his way lmao

I still play on occasion, and then I remember why the game isn't fun anymore so go off to do something else with my time.
Sidon
Byond Username: Sidon

Post by Sidon » #175669

I'd advise against touching the way mining currently works in regards to slaying the evil lava monsters. The three man mining team and the occasional lavaland allies is the best thing this game has right now. Don't ruin something great to make something else less mediocre, thanks.

Oh yeah give security more cool hats I guess.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #175671

Malkevin wrote: oranges doesnt even donate when he doesn't get his way lmao
harsh
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #175688

Here's what happens when you try and demote a sec officer as a warden, they scream over the radio that they're getting murdered by you and then everyone on the entire station decends, murders you, spaces you, and gives the sec officer all of your things.

Demotions do not work for any other job either because the same thing happens.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #175691

Demotions work in Sec because Sec cant be antags, so the likelihood of the cry baby getting murdered is incredibly low - and if its happening they probably deserved it anyway.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #175694

No the person demoting the crybaby getting murdered and then the crybaby getting all their things. It happened to me last time I played sec.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #175706

Security is okay when it's just "Security tries to keep the peace against antagonists"; but it's never just that. There are always people who like to start trouble for the sake of it (e.g. smash a department's windows, get arrested, resist arrest and yakkity sax for a few minutes, get brigged, then smash Security's windows when they're released), and is it any wonder why people don't want to play Security when they're not just fighting the antagonists, but the crew as well?

Security works best in a team; nobody wants to be the lone Sec. There might be three or four people thinking "Hm, I wouldn't mind playing Sec this shift" - but when they see a manifest with no Security in it, they don't join. It doesn't help that they're huge loot magnets for their gear and access.
So what do we do?
* Crack down on greytiders and non-antag criminals through policy.
* Give Security more stuff to do when it's not busy (because there's no greytiding, Security only has to worry about antagonists from an 'uphold the law' point of view).
* Minor buffs to help lone Security (the 'lone Sec gets adrenals' is a good idea), and to encourage teamwork and cooperation (and the riot shield brace strategy sounds nice too).
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #175719

Here's an idea: what if the number of sec officers was obstruficated on the select role ui?
That could possibly stop people going "Well there's only one sec officer, I wont bother joining as sec then"
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #175720

That's just lying to people so that they have a horrible time
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #175813

Malkevin wrote:
paprika wrote:As for the stupid 'lol just demote sec officers as warden' instead of having admins deal with sec players -- it's much less of an IC issue when a sec officer treats someone like shit or does their job wrong because security is much closer to the fence where antagonists/griefers sit, so they have the potential to be actually OOC dickheads. Keeping the warden around to handle this ICly when a MUCH, MUCH better course of action would be to just eject these shitty players from the sec role with a jobban is a fucking stupid idea, unless of course you really want to wax your stun baton boner and 'demote' an officer as warden (seriously just play HoS).
Christ, we've finally got to the point where playing sec doesn't involve getting half a dozen admin pms every round and you want to go back to that???
Nah dude sec officers used to get a million admin PMs because people were assblasted about grey tiding and not getting away with it, I'm pretty sure that our admin team is a lot better than they used to be

I'm just saying if someone is shit at sec officer it's usually more of a case of them not knowing how the game/server works yet but that's barely a problem nowadays and even when it is, it's not like demotion-worthy or even adminPM-worthy so I feel like your 'warden needs to be around so he can demote shit officers instead of the HoS' thing is dumb because it never even happens

Sec is fucking barren nowadays, making the department less unfun should take precedence over who can demote who tbh
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #175849

The HoS demoted officers, not the warden (unless the hos orders them to). The warden is merely the person who is in position to see someone be shitcurity with sentencing or whatever the fuck.

I don't know how you think removing the warden will possibly make sec 'more fun', considering the entire way security is designed relies on someone being in the brig to manage and look after it.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #175875

Why can't the HoS do that? What does he do normally? Can someone please explain why the HoS can't look after the brig and permabrig himself?

Is it.. maybe because you need to be able to use all that overpowered gear he gets to totally 'win' against antags? Because other than that, I can't see a reason he should be outside of the brig/bridge. Round-to-round, he should be in there instead of the warden.

Frankly, the warden seems like a job made so the HoS can go free roam around and robust antags which shouldn't even be his fucking job.

This is EXACTLY why people hated JLP. Why do we encourage it instead of having the HoS stay in the brig and manage things from there?
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #175889

So basically what you're saying is... remove the hos role?
Because making the hos into the warden is basically just removing the hos role.

And yes, the HoS leads from the front. That is indeed why he has objectively superior gear and access while the warden just has a cozy office.
Stop implying that HoS's are powergamers for doing their job.

Unlike every other job (except like, the janitor) in the game, security's main focus is not inside their department area, it's about keeping the ENTIRE station safe, ergo the HoS is outside the brig looking after the crew and delegates the mundane day to day tier brig management to the warden.

Also people hated JLP because he was a massive cunt that followed spacelaw to the letter and brigged nerds for 20 minutes because they broke 4 windows or whatever, not because he dared leave the brig as HoS.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #175893

The idea that heads of staff should be sitting in their office doing nothing but delegating is dumb, heads of staff should be leading on the front, not just sitting around yelling at other people.
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #175895

The HoS sets the example (in theory) for security competence and excellence. He or she leads from the front and should be focused on the bigger picture of keeping the ENTIRE station safe and secure. Security Officers are used as pawns to help the HoS enforce this as well as to be delegated minor tasks. Its also why the HoS has the best security gear on the station, its not just for looks.

The Warden's exsistance is to guard the Armoury and to keep tabs on people serving sentances, as well as to keep an eye out for shitcurity. In addition the Warden can fill in for the HoS if the HoS dies or is MIA.

Without the Warden your forcing the HoS to do the Warden's job, or for the HoS to grab a random Security Officer and tell him that he's the new Warden.

Removing the Warden will do absolutely nothing, as either the HoS or (more likely) another Security Officer will be forced into the Warden's role.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #175896

leads from the front meme
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #175898

not sitting around and letting other people have fun for you meme
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #175903

The real meme is people who think all a head of staff should be doing is sitting in their office yelling at people all round.

That's the Quartermasters job.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #175905

Quartermasters job is to die like a bitch to revs within 5 minutes.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #175912

>add stupid gear to HoS to make him an effective antag hunter (le snowflake taser)
>pretend he's always been like this

You know I tried to help you understand why your Securimeme PRs get shit on but your crybaby bullshit is probably going to work anyway so I don't care anymore.

Anyone who gives a shit can just wait until you furfags burn yourselves out and revert them anyway, lmao.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #175919

At this point the HoS has always had a form of energy gun with a stun and laser setting, sans the very brief period after your Egun PR and before my HoS Gun PR.

The laughing matter is that you're joking the opposite.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #175922

paprika wrote:>add stupid gear to HoS to make him an effective antag hunter (le snowflake taser)
>pretend he's always been like this

You know I tried to help you understand why your Securimeme PRs get shit on but your crybaby bullshit is probably going to work anyway so I don't care anymore.

Anyone who gives a shit can just wait until you furfags burn yourselves out and revert them anyway, lmao.

>literally nothing about the HoS's gear changes in 5 years other than dermal patch and you nerfing eguns which got unnerfed via hosgun
>try shitpost about HoS gear and/or playstyle ever having been different from what it is now

Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #175926

Steelpoint wrote:The real meme is people who think all a head of staff should be doing is sitting in their office yelling at people all round.

That's the Quartermasters job.
oranges wrote:Quartermasters job is to die like a bitch to revs within 5 minutes.
Why can't the HoP do that? What does he do normally? Can someone please explain why the HoP can't look after the cargobay and mining himself?

Is it.. maybe because you need to be able to use all that overpowered all access he gets to totally 'win' against antags? Because other than that, I can't see a reason he should be outside of the cargobay/bridge. Round-to-round, he should be in there instead of the QM.

Frankly, the QM seems like a job made so the HoP can go free roam around and robust antags which shouldn't even be his fucking job.

----------------------------------------------
Papsmear, if you had a day job more complicated than putting makeup on dead people you might understand the benefits of delegating parts of your job to others so that you can focus on the wider picture.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #175940

mate I don't think there was any thought in it, the jobs just developed naturally.

You are ascribing a level of forethought and planning that to my knowledge didn't exist and still doesn't exist.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #176030

>When you predict where the conversation is going a page before it happens
ShadowDimentio wrote:
paprika wrote:-Remove warden
Don't like. You've got the Warden/HoS jobs ass backwards.

The warden is supposed to manage prisoners and keep one traitor with an emag and a camera bug from jacking the armory, and the HoS is supposed to be a supercop running around nuking any enemies that show up on their radar.

Removing the warden would just turn the HoS into the warden, or a regular guard into one. It's totally pointless.
I like how Paprika has under the course of three pages gone from calm reasoned suggestions on changes to sec to full-tier shitposting on his own ideas

At least I have a modus operandi
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #176055

can you dickweeds stop trying to provoke paprika
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #176078

They have to try and provoke me with their shit opinions, nobody on the actual coding team takes them seriously

In fact I don't even know why I'm humoring these anti fun shitters in the first place, maybe I found it triggering there are STILL people like steelpoint and lum kicking around these days

Even Kevinz/Mekhi stopped playing HoS every round and antaghunting, that's how you know these fuckheads are a dying breed.

Lmao @ a neckbeard like Malkevin bringing up a job I don't do anymore as some kind of 'sick burn' in his argument, as if he understands a thing about how complex being a FD is. Maybe if you didn't take a videogame job so seriously you'd have a real one, you fucking loser.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #176079

I kind of see what people are getting at here. You want to remove RP, and ban people for being bad. imo this will drive new players away. I introduced a friend to this game but he just made IEDs and brew stuff up because he's bored, and that isn't bannable because he seriously isn't banned yet but joining the game and not knowing how to do anything would be??? You see what I mean though, right?

I'm not lying about my friend though please fucking ban his ass he's kinda a shitter
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #176083

Armhulen wrote:I kind of see what people are getting at here. You want to remove RP, and ban people for being bad. imo this will drive new players away. I introduced a friend to this game but he just made IEDs and brew stuff up because he's bored, and that isn't bannable because he seriously isn't banned yet but joining the game and not knowing how to do anything would be??? You see what I mean though, right?

I'm not lying about my friend though please fucking ban his ass he's kinda a shitter
Demoting people for being bad at sec officer isn't roleplay

Also the warden is one of the least popular jobs on the station, it's just sec officer with armory access and every round that there isn't one, sec functions perfectly fine. These memers are just crying because then the HoS might have to oversee his department instead of freeroaming for sikkk antag kills with his gear.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #176113

Every round without a CMO, medbay functions perfectly fine.
Every round without a CE, engineering functions perfectly fine.

Every round without any one role, will function perfectly fine.

Why are you upset that literally every HoS player since the beginning of time has played the role in a way that you don't agree with?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #176133

paprika wrote:
Armhulen wrote:I kind of see what people are getting at here. You want to remove RP, and ban people for being bad. imo this will drive new players away. I introduced a friend to this game but he just made IEDs and brew stuff up because he's bored, and that isn't bannable because he seriously isn't banned yet but joining the game and not knowing how to do anything would be??? You see what I mean though, right?

Demoting people for being bad at sec officer isn't roleplay

Also the warden is one of the least popular jobs on the station, it's just sec officer with armory access and every round that there isn't one, sec functions perfectly fine. These memers are just crying because then the HoS might have to oversee his department instead of freeroaming for sikkk antag kills with his gear.
I more meant that in general, a lot of the suggestions made are pretty noob unfriendly, in general.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #176144

lumipharon wrote:Every round without a CMO, medbay functions perfectly fine.
Every round without a CE, engineering functions perfectly fine.

Every round without any one role, will function perfectly fine.

Why are you upset that literally every HoS player since the beginning of time has played the role in a way that you don't agree with?
"All HoS players are me and the rest of the obnoxious securitards buffing his gear on github"

This pendulum swings both ways. There are plenty of reasonable HoS players that don't travel outside of their department to get sikkkkk valids with their epic gear. And those people don't get assblasted when these stupid sec PRs get rejected or the HoS' gear gets nerfed. Face it, you're all the vocal minority on this issue. That's why there is no 'security representation on github'. Everyone else is fine with this shit except you assholes who play nothing but HoS.

Jesus, you guys really are like furries in how you try to defend your security fetish. I get it, I really do, I even like DemonFiren as a player, but we don't allow ERP on this server anymore!

Sorry guys. Maybe vorestation is more your speed. Those coders don't oppress the sexual preferences of security players like yourselves.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #176154

I actually don't know what you're talking about.

Where are all these HoS players that just sit on their ass in the brig like the warden?
I have literally never seen this, barring afk hos's and when there's no one else to cover the brig (and often even not then).

Stop trying to strawman with your gearbuff and valid memes - you have provided literally no coherent arguments for why the HoS should replace the warden other than "I don't like people playing the game my way", and of course memes and insults.

I don't even play sec at all anymore because it's far from fun, but please, continue your personal attacks and memes, and your talk of these apparently widespread HoS's that just sit in the brig all day.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #176160

The HOS is supposed to manage security.

Security works mostly outside the brig.

How's he supposed to manage his department if he's not doing anything with his team? He won't know when things are going well and when they're going badly.

The warden does something completely different, which is to manage the physical brig, keep the armoury secure, and ensure prisoners don't break things and get to leave on time. He can definitely have a role in coordinating the security team via cameras, records, and radio but it's not what the job mostly entails.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #176166

Funnily enough I was one of the hoses that commanded from the brig, I still saw the benefit of having a warden next to me
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #176168

Every round I've played as HoS where I had to manage Security in the face of fairly standard circumstances was a mess. It's really exhausting to have the end responsibility for metagaming fucks or people who never tell you why someone is in the slammer, and more than once I've had to apologise to an admin when a prisoner complained, even though I never knew that prisoner was there in the first place. I had to stop playing the role because I felt that sooner or later I'd crack and go full JLP.

The best rounds as HoS are those where everything goes down the shitter fast and you lose your entire team, so you have no chucklefucks in red shirts standing between you and Becoming The Law.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #176174

I play Detective so I can provide reasons for lockups, and Warden so I can demand reasons for lockups.

Man, I love paperwork.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #176180

The only time I've stayed on the brig as HoS is if either there is little going on or there is no Warden to guard the Brig.

That seems a common theme from other HoS's I've observed.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #176289

Not even saying the HoS should stay in the brig, it's just fairly stupid to have a role that should like the warden for the sole sake of watching the armory or permabrig. I'm saying that if we removed the armory and let officers perma criminals at the discretion of the HoS(which I've seen works perfectly fine when there isn't a warden or I wouldn't even be suggesting this), security would be more station-focused in general.

I'd also like security to be more of a safe haven for security and heads of staff if the bridge fails (like it always does) during rev rounds or gang rounds, because it's a MASSIVE target when it's stocked with weapons that can help your team win those rounds when you're a gang or the revs.

I don't think it would add any extra 'work' for the HoS to manage the prisoners going into permabrig since the warden usually ends up asking him anyway from what I've seen and the HoS is usually in-the-know with what criminals that sec is currently chasing and who deserves perma. Sure officers would have to process and put criminals in orange suits themselves but ultimately there'd be more officer slots if there wasn't a warden slot so it wouldn't be a big deal. The point here is AFTER that officer perma'd the criminal, he could go back to patrolling instead of being stuck as the armory's guard-puppy or watching all the cells.

Timed-cells are another thing where I see this happen. When I play warden, it's not uncommon for officers to throw someone in a cell for 3-4 minutes, then literally babysit them or come back to retrieve them when their sentence is up, despite me being available to take care of their processing.

The warden, despite his name, is apparently this lazy officer with armory access (which is LITERALLY what a quartermaster is supposed to be in any military/police situation, by the way?) which occasionally throws prisoners in perma to shave a tiny bit of effort off the process from security officers and I have never ever seen a warden bother to monitor perma prisoners for very long, because if they're going to get broken out it's going to be too fast for you to stop most of the time anyway. Frankly we should move away from the epic 'time out corner' system of permabrig anyway, because having a little box for stripped antags to sit in when most of the antags are kill-on-sight in this game is fucking stupid.
Spoiler:
Yes, I am unironically suggesting more valid but frankly if you tick antag you should be prepared to get spaced for being a traitor tbh. Nanotrasen doesn't seem like the type to take corporate prisoners in the middle of deep space when they're brainwashed Syndicate agents and permabrig is frankly shitty gameplay. But the alternative is sec possibly (mostly) gunning down innocent people because there's no permabrig process so maybe that's an awful idea
Jeez, I had no idea you fucks would get more riled up about my idea to remove the warden than my idea to remove the armory. I don't even code anymore, lol. That abomination of a pixel projectiles port I did on my fork for Kor is more than enough evidence I could never pull something like this off so stop getting your panties in a bunch about my OPINIONS, sec furries. Some friendly advice though: Maybe stop throwing more gear onto sec's pile of tatorhunt gear if you don't want maintainers to roll their eyes and go 'oh great, another security thing'. The cluttered MESS that is the armory that I frankly want to do away with is enough evidence sec is in this horrid identity crisis and 'totally needs to counter all the antags' when most of that shit in the armory never gets used.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #176386

Ok Pappy.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #176413

paprika wrote: Jeez, I had no idea you fucks would get more riled up about my idea to remove the warden than my idea to remove the armory. I don't even code anymore, lol. That abomination of a pixel projectiles port I did on my fork for Kor is more than enough evidence I could never pull something like this off so stop getting your panties in a bunch about my OPINIONS, sec furries. Some friendly advice though: Maybe stop throwing more gear onto sec's pile of tatorhunt gear if you don't want maintainers to roll their eyes and go 'oh great, another security thing'. The cluttered MESS that is the armory that I frankly want to do away with is enough evidence sec is in this horrid identity crisis and 'totally needs to counter all the antags' when most of that shit in the armory never gets used.
But what gear???

The only things that have been added are your shitty one use zip ties, my voice hailers, and the hos's special egun that only exists because you made eguns shit. Oh, and a couple of pump action shotties, which wouldn't be needed if some genius didn't give traitors and nukeops an item that gives them full immunity to energy projectiles.
Everything else has existed in there since time immemorial.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #176428

Yeah zipties sure are shitty -- I remember when beepsky printed free handcuffs and you had to manually remove the cuffs from prisoners while keeping them stunned so they didn't steal them. Or did you not know that zip-ties make permabrig processing 10000% easier for that warden role you were saying I didn't know how to play? You can even instantly remove them with wirecutters, leaving behind useless trash that prisoners can't re-use, or be even safer and let prisoners remove their own cuffs, which still breaks them and renders them useless.

BEHOLD, A SEC FEATURE THAT ISNT UNBELIEVABLY SHIT, IS QUALITY OF LIFE WITHOUT BUFFING SEC'S VALIDHUNT RETARDATION, AND FURTHER PROOF MALKEVIN ONCE AGAIN DOES NOT KNOW WHAT THE FUCK HE'S TALKING ABOUT.

In fact the only thing that could make zipties even more of a perfect feature is being able to stack them to make them a more viable sidegrade to handcuffs which are re-usable. One of you fucks should add that, instead of whatever retarded sec thing you thought would make the role better that will just get rejected.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #176456

Yeah cool.

Make beepsky easier to escape from, because by the time you've got there and found them they've managed to resist out.
Replace half of the sec vendor's reusable cuffs with one use things so security eventually runs out and has to resort to makeshift ruski rapecuffs like the detective at one point had to.

Because throwing people in a cell and buckle cuffing them and then walking off is a good thing, we don't want to interact with the prisoner or the prisoner having a chance at being stupid do we?
Because we want to have several different resist times complicating things so that during interrogations they have an easier time resisting out, because again we just want to throw them in the slammer and forget about them?