Security's representation on Github.

An old fashioned device, relics of a forgotten era.

"If I ever meet myself, I'll hit myself so hard I won't know what's hit me."
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: Security's representation on Github.

Post by onleavedontatme » #178553

Bottom post of the previous page:

Malkevin wrote:Nuke ops also just used to have space suits, eswords, and revolvers.
Revolvers which did 60 brute and knockdown in melee yeah, and ebows that had 5 shots before recharge.

But back then there weren't really very many power levels because everything killed you in one hit (long, long stuns) and nobody had any sort of protection whatsoever other than dodging (other than fucking hulks) so it's hard to really compare to now.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #178567

I remember like a century ago back in the ye olden days of SS13

There were two occasions I remember during that time. One was beating this guy who kept literally shitting on everything to death with a crowbar, another was saving the captain from a giant spider or a ling or something by beating it to death with a crowbar

After that I stopped playing for like three years and came back
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
allura
Byond Username: Allura

Post by allura » #178590

Cheridan wrote:no armory at all, no warden, no sechuds, no riot shields, HoS had standard armor, brig had fewer cells and was much less secure with very limited visibility.
the armory has been in the game since r4407
the warden was in the game before r4407 but was removed before r4407 and readded by tg pioneers
all post-originalstation maps have 5-4 cells, originalstation had a communal brig (like on cogmap 1 and 2) and, considering you mentioned beepsky this must be devstation you're talking about, it was a hell of a lot more secure than it is now. no windows into the public hallways, directly in sight of the hos.

dont listen to this ruseman, he doesnt know what he's talking about
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #178868

allura you're like 12 there's no fucking way you played back then
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #178876

I know it's been said several times earlier in the thread, but I wouldn't mind playing sec if I didn't feel like tearing my hair out dealing with the other sec players

Hell, the "single officer in a 50 pop round" thing isn't even that bad compared to the sheer incompetence some people display

I don't even know where to go about fixing this
Too small of a buff, no one comes back to sec anyway
Too big of a buff and a swarm of people come back to sec and abuse the new shiny until it gets nerfed/reverted and we're back to the current problem

There's the idea of a policy change but I can't really think of what to change and I would probably disagree with it even if I had an idea
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #178891

I'm so glad this is in the cuck shed now
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #178892

same
shitposting saves the day once again
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #178902

Just goes to show how serious people take the topic.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #178915

A bunch of tiders shitting on sec like to post shitty.

Populace is shocked.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #178919

we should give sec a grey sponge to absorb the tide :3
Spoiler:
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #178999

>played 1 round as sec in the past few weeks
>blood everywhere
>other sec officer suggests we stick together while we patrol the hallways
>we actually stick together while we patrol the hallways, you know, like normal people would do if there's blood everywhere
>all is well

>die on the escape shuttle because SOME ADMIN turned it into a super matter radiation death trap
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #179004

Did you holds hands too?
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #179146

Malkevin wrote:Did you holds hands too?
yes
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #179264

Ricotez wrote:
Malkevin wrote:Did you holds hands too?
yes
hot
Spoiler:
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #186597

All security officers in this game needs to have an actual security license, that way shit sec will be no more.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #186892

Sec spawns with twin chainsaw arms, muzzled but with thermals that also blind them from any non thermal images and tracking implants, the HOS has the only radio that they can hear and he sets them on peasants that anger him. Packs of feral redshirts chainsawing down the filth is a good thing.

On that note the best way to deal with a greyshirt is muzzle them, chainsaw arm them, tracking and chem implant them and turn them into proto-Eversor assassins for the command staff to use on shitty workers. Urist Mcshithead is there printing out guns from R&D being a shitlord ready to murder people who walk into his autism fort when suddenly in runs a strange figure wearing black with a blank ID, Urist stuns him with his carefully prepared stunprod, but the hellspawn jumps right back up, resisting all further stuns and charging forwards like he's juiced to the max, chainsaws urist to death, slams his body around a bit, jumps into disposals and vanishes into the night leaving a bloody warning to other shitheads.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #188633

i didnt read the thread but op is a fag
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #199697

All players must read the following before submitting an application to a headmin in order to play as security officers

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/ind ... /0776.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_of_engagement

If I had to every one of you bastards should too, after all im sure every shit sec would love statue, 776.07 Use of force to prevent escape.

sounds familiar doesn't it?
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #199704

"sounds familiar doesn't it?"

No?
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #199818

srifenbyxp wrote:All players must read the following before submitting an application to a headmin in order to play as security officers

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/ind ... /0776.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_of_engagement

If I had to every one of you bastards should too, after all im sure every shit sec would love statue, 776.07 Use of force to prevent escape.

sounds familiar doesn't it?
Silicon Policy/10
Professor Hangar
Byond Username: Professor Hangar

Post by Professor Hangar » #215005

Well, what are you balancing sec against? Traitors, greytiders, nuke ops, monsters? What tools and weapons are good against one and not the other?

Probably would help to make more clear what different stuff is for, too. I've never gotten around to using pepper spray yet.
MrEousTranger
Byond Username: Mr.EousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #215008

Do you know what Necro means professor?
One person on this planet wrote:Wow you're funny and original Eous
I don't play often but when I do I'm Kyp Astar normally a sec role unless I'm bored and go assistant.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #215014

In his defence it is pinned
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #215255

haha this was a good thread
if you reread all the posts its basically just 2-3 sorta serious posts then me shitposting until this page wherein i derailed it with a spongebob meme
good stuff
Spoiler:
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #226039

PKPenguin321 wrote:haha this was a good thread
if you reread all the posts its basically just 2-3 sorta serious posts then me shitposting until this page wherein i derailed it with a spongebob meme
good stuff
rip in piece oldman
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #226077

Archie700 wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:haha this was a good thread
good stuff
rip in piece oldman
where did he go anyways, he was awesome
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #230366

where did you come from
where did you go
where did you confirm from toxins master old.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #230384

John_Oxford
Github User

Post by John_Oxford » #245881

srifenbyxp wrote:All security officers in this game needs to have an actual security license, that way shit sec will be no more.
*this was a oxford trademarked idea

ill collect my 79 dollar royalty now

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

John_Oxford
Github User

Post by John_Oxford » #245882

i thought this was bumped because it was in salt reserves i was wrong

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #262838

People ask me where i come to relax? I supp the succ-ulent nectar of the salt reserves.

Im currently tied with oldman for how many worthy salt reserve threads we have.

Spoiler: