"Act like an antag get dunked like an antag"= What?

An old fashioned device, relics of a forgotten era.

"If I ever meet myself, I'll hit myself so hard I won't know what's hit me."
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: "Act like an antag get dunked like an antag"= What?

Post by bandit » #248705

Bottom post of the previous page:

*pours one out for Damaged Goods*
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #248713

What is it with Oldman and massive tl;dr walls of text?
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #248742

I call John_Oldman.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #248745

You got meme'd.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #250590

Found this thread by accident.

The "act like an antag, get treated like an antag" rule is there for a reason - it's to cover things like escalation and dunking people who are being shits to you without getting bwoinked. That said, that security team stopped having any good excuse as soon as they looked at the paper. Even for people who can't mechanically be antagonists, there's a point where their behaviour warrants an appropriate response from someone like Oldman.

And yes, it WAS better in my day.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #250744

There's a difference between a bunch of Assistants running around causing chaos and mayhem under the guide of a antagonist, versus a assistant with a red piece of paper whom offers no resistance to security when they arrive.

Its clear the arresting officers were in the wrong in this scenario, it would only take a whole of five seconds to confirm the red paper was fake. Oldman should've been released or at the very least only given a very, very, short sentence. There is no justification to have held Oldman for such a long time for such a non-exsistant crime.

I've seen people being released earlier for attempted murder.

Yet most of the people here seem to think that because its Oldman that he deserves to have half an hour of his time wasted in the brig because of a harmless gimmick? If Security had carta blanch to arrest people for entire rounds for carrying Toy weapons and fake antag items then half the station would be in the execution chamber.

--

Its also disappointing to see so many people, including admins, simply don't give a shit and are acting like man children.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #250751

Blanche
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #250764

I'm still mad that I got a week sec ban from a fucking open and shut case of this.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
D&B

Post by D&B » #250765

What did you do fam
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #250766

I was HoS and a detective was being a little shit all round, eventually culminating in him ambushing me in maint and shooting me. Since this was clearly an antag-like action, and how he had been a little shit all shift, I executed him on the spot and threw him in the sec mourge.

Saeg saw and banned me for quote "not being able to produce a sufficient reason for why he killed the detective besides how he wanted to get an item back".
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
D&B

Post by D&B » #250768

Oh I remember that.

I got banned from Sec roles for executing a scientist lizard that broke into the brig, stole armor and death gasped before ahelping.

Fun times
Spoiler:
fuck you
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #253848

I'd be more inclined to side with Oldman on issues if he wasn't such a hypocritical, murderboning shit.

Oh hey, someone summoned guns? Shoot your fellow miner. Observing that was not a shock, just disappointing.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #253899

>ShadowDenial
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Quanti
Byond Username: Killaslot

Post by Quanti » #253902

Saegrimr wrote:>ShadowDenial
go easy on him he has shadowdementia
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #253910

Fuck, how did I not think of this one?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #254144

I'm disappointed that it's taken you chucklefucks that long to come up with that roast. It's been staring you in the face for years and nobody's done it until now.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Quanti
Byond Username: Killaslot

Post by Quanti » #254155

I actually thought that was what your name said for a while
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #254450

Quanti wrote:I actually thought that was what your name said for a while
same here
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #308713

Oldman Robustin wrote:Long story short I spent 30 minutes being cuffed/nearly killed/gulag'd/tortured by security for possession of a red piece of paper, when they knew it was fake, and never got an answer about where the fucking line gets drawn.

- Make a red piece of paper near roundstart
- Pull it out next to my fellow geneticist and he freaks the fuck out
- I follow him out of medbay laughing and he's screaming on the radio "OLDMAN CULT" "OLDMAN HAD A RED NOTE!!!"
- I go to brig to clear the meme up since I actually planned to have a normal round and not have security raid genetics
- The paper is just an off-color red that says "You got meme'd kiddo"
- Sec arrests me outside of the brig
- They search me, find the paper, and immediately realize it was a ruse
- But instead of releasing me, Officer missed the memo and keeps trying to drag me to the execution chamber
- Officer ignoring the rest of sec and is about 2 seconds from giving me the electric chair (reading is hard when you're trying to get them valids)
- The rest of sec finally realize where she took me and tell her to stop, she screams about me being a cultist and tries to kill me
- Sec stuns her, warden drags me back into the brig, Jessica comes back and shoots the warden, officer and Det shoot Officer, she gets dragged off
- Officer releases me outside the brig but doesn't take me off arrest, so beepsky swing into action while I'm trying to tell the other geneticist it wasn't real
- Warden collects me from beepsky and decides he's not done with me yet, I've been in cuffs for over 10 minutes at this point
- Warden starts stripping me down for Gulag, despite being fully aware that it wasn't real
- Officer who releases me protests, warden insists because I deserve it, officer kills himself on the spot in protest of the sheer fucking stupidity going on
- Get gulag'd, send my first Ahelp which gets the response from Trialmin "Act like an antag get dunked like an antag"
- I press my case, surely security can't just Gulag you for holding red paper, right?
- Trialmin ignores the rest of my ahelps, I have to specifically appeal to Headmin who's on
- Headmin says something along the lines of "Well you were looking for a reaction, it might've been better if sec had released you sooner", and then radio silence
- Finish my sentence and return to station, can't get the computer to return my equipment. We're past the 20 minute mark of being held prisoner now.
- Go to warden and ask for my gear back, he beats me up with Krav Maga instead and then drags me back to the computer, doesn't seem to understand power is out
- Since I had no radio, I asked him to ask AI to turn on power, etc. he finds out a wire was gnawed off
- At this point another prisoner (who also got Gulag'd for flimsy raisins) shows up and we're waiting for our stuff with another officer, I get fed up and rewire the fucking brig connection with my bare hands
- Shittalk the officer for needing a naked prisoner to fix their power, officer proceed to start choking me, stunning me, throwing me around, and then tosses me into a storage room that I can't escape, all while the Warden watches in amusement. I make another ahelp+prayer asking how long I have to be abused before I can kill these security, ahelp rejected.
- Finally the power returns thanks to my fix and the other prisoner welds me out of the room, Warden is blocking the exit and proceeds to re-Gulag the other prisoner when she tries to push him out of the way.
- Get the fuck out of there, after having been fucked by sec for around 30 minutes.

I think most of the worst admin interactions I've ever had involved the "Act like an antag..." policy. It's a pristine example of how a super vague rules allows for admins to dole out completely conflicting decisions. I have yet to get anything resembling a clear answer on this policy so here we are. For the record, I coded the ability to dye paper certain colors because I intended for colored paper to be a companion to toy swords, cap revolvers, and foam ebows for items that "Looks like antag gear but are harmless and quickly identifiable as non-threatening equipment. Can I start gulag'ing people for toy swords because of the inconvenience it takes for me to run from them until I can get an examine off to determine I'm not about to have my legs hacked off? Does security have any limit on non-lethal punishments? In my mind its even shittier because while the cap gun, toy sword, etc. LOOK like super dangerous syndie weapons, the red paper just looks like fucking red paper, which takes a good degree of metagaming to even know might be a cult talisman.

Am I just getting too old? I came from an era where if you even arrested someone for red paper you'd be facing a *BWOINK* for metagaming. Now security can be fully aware that you're just using a toy and still shit on your round harder than most traitors can even dream of. Trialmin seems to think it woud've been fine if security had just killed me instead. As time passes and our policy changes, not explicitly, but silently through the headmin/admin rotations, I can't help but feel like we might as well turn Ahelp responses into a roulette wheel to decide how our rules will be enforced.
hey maybe you should be oldman and just kill all of sec

it's only a week ban that you can just post on the fourms and have immediately repealed by the absolute shit storm that would be stirred up from this
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #308714

Sir this is Walgreens
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #308793

Wait a second, how is this thread in policy and the salt reserves at the same time? And why does it have different responses
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #308794

It was the meme of placing all of Oldman's policy posts into the Hut which ended up in the reserves.
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #308796

Steelpoint wrote:It was the meme of placing all of Oldman's policy posts into the Hut which ended up in the reserves.
why did he change the title of this thread from what cant security get away with though
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #308812

Oldman has a point though, continuing to harass him after they already confirmed it was fake is shit
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #308814

lntigracy wrote:Oldman has a point though, continuing to harass him after they already confirmed it was fake is shit
this
Nilons wrote:
Steelpoint wrote:It was the meme of placing all of Oldman's policy posts into the Hut which ended up in the reserves.
why did he change the title of this thread from what cant security get away with though
an admin probably did it
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #308823

lntigracy wrote:Oldman has a point though, continuing to harass him after they already confirmed it was fake is shit
I think it was a viva situation, they probably did it to make an example because they dont need to deal with red paper clowns all the time
Signature Memes

lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #308901

Despite the oldman memes he is 100% right tbh.

If some fucker pulls a toy sword or cap gun on me and pretends to try murder me, they can't be surprised if I kill them there and then. If I discover that it's just a fucking toy, and I proceed to fucking murder them anyway, how is that not just being massive shitter?
This is l I T E R A L L Y just sec going out of their way to get valids. I would have just punched him in the dick and told him to knock it off, or at worst brigged him for a couple of minutes.

How is it in anyway acceptable to such a massive shit cunt over something like this, oldman or not?
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #309027

admin bias rules above all else
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #309151

lumipharon wrote:Despite the oldman memes he is 100% right tbh.

If some fucker pulls a toy sword or cap gun on me and pretends to try murder me, they can't be surprised if I kill them there and then. If I discover that it's just a fucking toy, and I proceed to fucking murder them anyway, how is that not just being massive shitter?
This is l I T E R A L L Y just sec going out of their way to get valids. I would have just punched him in the dick and told him to knock it off, or at worst brigged him for a couple of minutes.

How is it in anyway acceptable to such a massive shit cunt over something like this, oldman or not?
because knowing robustin he probably left out it was a verified cult round or something equally important
Signature Memes

Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #309158

Nilons wrote:
Aren't these two entirely different threads?
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #309170

Sligneris wrote:
Nilons wrote:
Aren't these two entirely different threads?
Once you've seen enough "oldman gets dunked for doing something sec at the time thought was suspicious" threads they all seem to blur together.