The Map

Discussing the mapping/spriting/coding efforts involved in creating a version of SS13 that takes place on a planet surface. Will be finished Soon(TM)
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

The Map

Post by onleavedontatme » #269821

*Not drawn to scale

Featuring three (large, aiming for 1k x 1k or so) Z levels stacked on top of eachother.

Z1 will be space. It will include various debris/asteroids, as well as half of a large destroyed space ship. There will be a bluespace cannon the crew can utilize onboard. It will be reached via shuttle from the surface. Thinking about going off the Z level throwing you onto the jungle (falling out of orbit) but I'm not sure on that yet.

Z2 will be jungle. There will be two large holes, one where the Necropolis is poking out of lavaland, and one where the front half of the large shuttle in space tumbled into the surface and punched through it. Corruption spreads from the hole where the Necropolis is. The station will be on the coast, with the AI sat on an island out in the ocean.

Z3 is a lavaland cavern. On a rock island below the station, surrounded by lava is a series of half finished tunnels and abandoned buildings. Essentially maintenance. This will be accessed by elevators (basically shuttles) and ladders from the surface level (or by setting off a bomb and falling through the floor). The Necropolis is obviously off in the corner as well.

List of things that still need to be mapped. If you'd like to map them/have ideas on how you'd like to do it please bug me and we can figure out if it fits my """""vision"""" before you waste a ton of time on it:

The jungle

Lavaland

The station

The maint area under the station

The crash site

The destroyed ship

The Necropolis
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: The Map

Post by PKPenguin321 » #269822

neat

also is this the new meme board now that ntr hut is dead
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #269823

Yeah
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #269824

cool ty
Spoiler:
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #269826

1k x 1k? Hot damn that's a lot of working space.

Do you have any exact idea on what the crashed ship was before-hand? The on-board bluespace cannon makes me think you're gunning for something along the lines of the battle cruiser away mission, but with less syndicate and probably missing a good chunk of it. If that's the general idea, I wouldn't mind claiming that as something to piece together, making those types of structures is more interesting than fully-intact ones.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #269827

should make an intermediate sky level between space and ground

put a randomly generated floating island or two in there, put a castle on those as well

yes
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #269829

I imagine the half of the ship still in orbit is the medbay/command/sec area, where cargo/engineering/research was the half that got blown the fuck up and crashed into orbit. If the engine was completely gone it'd explain why building a new shuttle on the surface or whatever would be easier than fixing the one in orbit. Plus, those three areas would be the ones that would make the most sense to warrant sending a salvage op team to recover goodies from at the bottom of a crater in the necropolis.

Oh and cargo should totally be a salvage op team on this map. Instead of pushing crates they run around looting ruins on the surface, and venturing into the crashed ship for research documents and bubblegum.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #269831

It would be good if Hostile boarders were still in the blown to fuck ship.

Think carp or stuff that went around to pick on the survivors.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #269834

There should also be a ghost role of a dude that crashed along with the half of the shuttle and survived the landing, annd has been hiding in the wreck trying to not get eaten by monsters.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Durkel
Byond Username: Durkel

Post by Durkel » #269837

Couple questions regarding the mapping.

1. Do you have a general mind in what the station main base should be like. Previous thread I mentioned I would be interested in putting the base over a chasm/river to make it more deadly. I made some shit map last thread if you haven't seen it.

2. How do you feel if the departments weren't all connected and some were separated with exposed jungle area connected via a walkway.

3.You had a idea for a defense pillars. Are these 40k magic voodoo shit that just works or are they actual structures that generate a fence around them? (think ghostgate from morrowind.)

4.How Big do you think the station should be, how (poorly) stocked should it be?

5. AI sat island connected via bridge or boat?

6. More gameplay oriented, but any chance swimming could become a thing if we're going to have water in the overworld? Something that's need to be considered when mapping.
Sierra Welbe says, "Tim Ebow fucking threw soap everywhere near the HoP office, like I mean 20 fucking goddamn bars AND I CAN'T STOP SLIPPING"
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #269841

I think we're getting a little too ambitious here. The station should still be the center of the action. Half the problem with gateway was that everyone fucked off from the station in large numbers. It's a meme, but Keep It Simple, Stupid. It's easier to develop for, and it's easier for players to grasp. Depth and complexity are not necessarily the same thing.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #269847

Flightsuits woot.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #269848

Really though can we get Bay's multiz system it would be better than shuttles.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #269850

kevinz000 wrote:Really though can we get Bay's multiz system it would be better than shuttles.
Remie is doing the Multi Z where you can see up/down
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #269852

Will there be an Aux Base? Build that thing up and drop it at a random spot/designated spot and expand?
ChangelingRain
Byond Username: ChangelingRain
Github Username: ChangelingRain

Post by ChangelingRain » #269855

Does it have to be jungle, really? Why not ash-covered mushroom stuff, we have the sprites for it already and they're even ausops sprites.
Plays Joan Lung and various AIs and cyborgs with mythology and magical creature-themed names. Joan on IRC.
earth-clawing illuminati trans girl
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #269856

I think the jungle and rain is more visually interesting and diverse than another bleak grey expanse.

If you want to add randomized surfaces later on then that is fine but for now this is going to be jungle.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #269857

ChangelingRain wrote:Does it have to be jungle, really? Why not ash-covered mushroom stuff, we have the sprites for it already and they're even ausops sprites.
Could make that a cave between lava and jungle
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #269858

iamgoofball wrote:
ChangelingRain wrote:Does it have to be jungle, really? Why not ash-covered mushroom stuff, we have the sprites for it already and they're even ausops sprites.
Could make that a cave between lava and jungle
We're not adding another Z worth at this time, too much mission creep.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #269859

Multiple biomes can exist underground. Some ashy and mushroomy, some hard basalt rock and lava, some expanses of the necropolis.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #269860

Durkel wrote:Couple questions regarding the mapping.

1. Do you have a general mind in what the station main base should be like. Previous thread I mentioned I would be interested in putting the base over a chasm/river to make it more deadly. I made some shit map last thread if you haven't seen it.

2. How do you feel if the departments weren't all connected and some were separated with exposed jungle area connected via a walkway.

3.You had a idea for a defense pillars. Are these 40k magic voodoo shit that just works or are they actual structures that generate a fence around them? (think ghostgate from morrowind.)

4.How Big do you think the station should be, how (poorly) stocked should it be?

5. AI sat island connected via bridge or boat?

6. More gameplay oriented, but any chance swimming could become a thing if we're going to have water in the overworld? Something that's need to be considered when mapping.
1. I'll have to go look at that

2. That'd be pretty cool

3. It's up in the air. Voodoo shit sounds easier

4. Probably around boxstation for both, maybe a bit less bloated (and obviously divided over two z levels)

5. Both

6. It will probably have to be at some point yes. Could just be acidic impassable terrain and act like lava though.
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #269884

If there's gonna be water I want my buoys added finally
Attachments
fishing_net.dmi
fishing_net.dmi (8.95 KiB) Viewed 17032 times
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #269888

Cheridan wrote:If there's gonna be water I want my buoys added finally
SPACE FISHING BUT NOT IN SPACE BUT IN PONDS
Spoiler:
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #269979

I don't think 1k by 1k is going to be suported by byond, also keep in mind there's a hard 65k cap of map models.
Jazaen
Byond Username: Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #269982

That, and there is still going to be a need for a fourth Z-level, for purposes of Nukeops/wizards/where-gateway-leads/abductors/adminmemes, though that one could be standard size.

Also, where would the Gateway be located? On the surface, on underneath it?
I play:
SMAI-Reactivation (SybilAI)
SMAI-Revolutions (BagilAI)
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Shannah Rader (Sybil geneticist)
Janette Hall (Bagil geneticist)
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
I seriously hope you don't make the same mistakes I have
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #269985

Scott wrote:I don't think 1k by 1k is going to be suported by byond, also keep in mind there's a hard 65k cap of map models.
I raised this issue, but as goof brought up, we load the map using the maploader now.
Which means the only map byond touches would be 3 1000x1000 zs, and they'd all be /base/turf and some kind of base area, meaning there'd be like, 2 models.

The limitation is in byond's internal maploader, not in the one Yota wrote.
私は完璧
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #270159

That's a great point...holyshit, we can do the hash map format.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #270238

Scott wrote:That's a great point...holyshit, we can do the hash map format.
Hash map format? What's that
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #270274

Jungle is more unique looking than another red/grey environment, and the one screenshot of the WIP jungle textures has me excited for its use.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #270277

I was thinking.

What if we added a form of 'random generation' to the jungle map z-level?

What I'm suggesting is that outside of the immediate area around the crashed ship, you add 100x100 or 200x200 pre-crafted tiles that are placed in order next to each other.

The general theme of this development is that you've crashed onto a strange, unknown environment. If we don't look at some form of random generation then it won't take long for people to recall the map and figure out the good 'meta' movements.

Having people develop a 200x200 large tile won't fully eliminate the meta aspect, but it will make the terrain more complicated to go into, and it makes mapping for such a massive map more manageable with a team, since instead of everyone competing you can have everyone developing mapping tiles that all go in the same map, hell you can make more map tiles than the final map would support.

Just my thoughts.
factoryman942
Byond Username: Factoryman942

Post by factoryman942 » #270302

would there be a way to make the zlevels loop or something? So going right up to the top would send you to the bottom of the zlevel?
as though the spherical planet had been magicked onto a square :honkman:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #270314

factoryman942 wrote:would there be a way to make the zlevels loop or something? So going right up to the top would send you to the bottom of the zlevel?
as though the spherical planet had been magicked onto a square :honkman:
well it'd just be a really small planet.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #270379

Yeah randomized environments are mandatory but that's something to worry about way further down the line.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #270428

We do need some randomisation and I think my suggestion would be a good idea for several reasons.
  • It makes map making/editing easier for mappers, as instead of everyone competintg over a 1000x1000 map you instead have individual people working on smaller 200x200 map chunks that can all be added to the game.
  • It lets us have a somewhat consistent and balance wise manageable overworld that is not as heavily RNG dependant as Lavaland is.
  • It makes explorations of the overworld not a easy affair even for veteran players, due to the large array of map chunks.
Here's a image overview of what I mean by this system.

The station is in the bottom left of the map, a nearby river is adjacent to the station and is one of the four main overworld features that is guaranteed to spawn 100% of the time. In the north east of the map is the hole leading to the underground and the origin point of the spreading corruption. To the east of the station is one half of the crashed space station.

Every tile with a '?' should draw from a pool of 200x200 tile pre-made maps.

Furthermore, if you want to go the extra mile, you can divide the pre-made maps into three unique tiles.
  • Tier 0 - Three chunks directly connected to the station. These Tier chunks will be safe from wildlife and show signs of heavy exploration and pre-built structures. Aside from basic construction materials there's little of the way around here that is of interest to explorers.
  • Tier 1 - Most planet chunks are Tier 1, these contain a range of wildlife threats and a moderate amount of interesting and unique equipment, but nothing stand out.
  • Tier 2 - Rare chunks, usually only one of these spawn. These contain unique and useful items, ranging from powerful items to equipment that can save the station, or allow for evacuation, however these chunks tend to spawn closer to the spreading corruption, so speed if of the essence to discover these Tiers, and then excavate the needed materials.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #270671

Eh, maybe it's just me but a space z-level doesn't really seem necessary. Wouldn't it be more intense if three crew were actually stranded on the planet instead of able to take off into space any time they want?

Also, just out of curiosity is there actually a limit to how big a z-level can be? I'm not sure how big exactly the CM planet map is but it feels like it might be a bit larger than tg's station z-level.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #270679

Jacough wrote:Eh, maybe it's just me but a space z-level doesn't really seem necessary. Wouldn't it be more intense if three crew were actually stranded on the planet instead of able to take off into space any time they want?

Also, just out of curiosity is there actually a limit to how big a z-level can be? I'm not sure how big exactly the CM planet map is but it feels like it might be a bit larger than tg's station z-level.
We have space ships now, doesn't mean we are capable of interstellar travel.

And people are attached enough to space and it is enougj a part of our history that it seems wrong to exclude ir entirely
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #270680

Steelpoint wrote:spelunky maps
Would be cool
factoryman942
Byond Username: Factoryman942

Post by factoryman942 » #270791

can they be 256*256 rather than 200*200
256 is a nice number
or maybe 128
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #270989

I'm not very inclined to work on a proper ground map until we get confirmation if we're going for a giant 1000x1000 map or if we're going to use some kind of other system instead. I've aired my concerns and suggestions on the matter.

However I'm also interested in discussing the composition of the map, here is what I'm thinking off what the main wall and floor tiles should be.
  • Dirt Tile - Standard grass tile, no slow down or impediment.
  • Mud Tile - Uncommon grass tile, slight slow down when walking on it, should only appear near water tiles or in pre-made 'swamp' areas.
  • Quicksand Tile - Rare tile. Someone who steps into it will be immobilised and will sink slightly into the tile. User must either slowly resist out of the tile, or they need someone else to 'pull' them free of the tile.
  • Forrest Wall - Wall of bushes and plants, blocks movement but is easily brushed aside by your hands.
  • Thick Forrest Wall - Very thick wall that needs to be hacked away with a sharp weapon, blocks line of sight.
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #271014

Steelpoint wrote:I'm not very inclined to work on a proper ground map until we get confirmation if we're going for a giant 1000x1000 map or if we're going to use some kind of other system instead. I've aired my concerns and suggestions on the matter.

However I'm also interested in discussing the composition of the map, here is what I'm thinking off what the main wall and floor tiles should be.
  • Dirt Tile - Standard grass tile, no slow down or impediment.
  • Mud Tile - Uncommon grass tile, slight slow down when walking on it, should only appear near water tiles or in pre-made 'swamp' areas.
  • Quicksand Tile - Rare tile. Someone who steps into it will be immobilised and will sink slightly into the tile. User must either slowly resist out of the tile, or they need someone else to 'pull' them free of the tile.
  • Forrest Wall - Wall of bushes and plants, blocks movement but is easily brushed aside by your hands.
  • Thick Forrest Wall - Very thick wall that needs to be hacked away with a sharp weapon, blocks line of sight.
Run Forrest Run.
It's Forest.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #271177

Looks like even a 750x750 map crashes dream daemon on startup, so I guess this is all on hold for now.

onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #271182

I guess worst case scenario we can do a series of 255x255 z levels put together but that would be very disappointing.
Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #271183

What's the status on everything between 256 and 700?
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #271191

I forgot to actually stop the 8 empty levels of space from loading as well, and they would have all been stretched to 750x750 automatically, so I should probably try again properly.

If that fails, can always do 3 levels of 255 x 750 because distance away from the necropolis probably matters much more than width
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #271196

Surprise, when I dont try to load an extra 8 Z levels of nothing it works.

750 x 750 (with 3 zlevels, not counting centcomm) looks like it might be our map size.
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #271240

Were you loading TGM or DMM format; if TGM try a larger size in DMM. You'll also need to try both with a very large type dictionary.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #271260

It was 750 x 750 of empty space with pubby station copypasted into it, in DMM (which caused lavaland/centcomm etc to be 750 x 750 as well).

Tons of runtimes because of all the non turfs and the shuttle getting fucked up somehow but it didn't crash so it seems feasible if the loading is actually done properly.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #271366

I was thinking, what do we want the new ground station to look like?

I was thinking more along the lines of it looking similar to Boxstation honestly.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #271946

I've mocked up a 'proof of concept' to show off how the new jungle tiles look in game.

My ideal is that the further away from the station you go, the more thicker and harder to navigate the map becomes.

We also really need to have better Dream Maker icons for the grass and trees, its impossible to track what your doing when the entire screen is covered in grey icons. Also the trees should block movement.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #271951

the trees are floortiles, because kor sucks.
they should be objects damnit.

Edit: Actually no, they are objects, I *SWEAR* he was trying to do them as turfs...
私は完璧