Containment Thread

Discussing the mapping/spriting/coding efforts involved in creating a version of SS13 that takes place on a planet surface. Will be finished Soon(TM)

How should Planetary Station's final implementation be handled?

Make both servers only run Planetary Station
24%
Have one server run Planetary Station and the other run Space Station 13
22%
Put Planetary Station in the map rotation
52%
Other (please specify)
2%

Total votes: 63

Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Re: Cox containment center

Post by Luke Cox » #272112

Bottom post of the previous page:

kevinz000 wrote:If I had my way but oranges debolaed them.
I know, fucking anti-silicon cuck :^)

Back to the topic at hand though. If it is indeed true that the crew must actively perform a task or series of tasks in order to end the round (activating the gateway and fending off monsters), then that significantly changes the flow of the round. Currently, no action needs to be taken to end the round other than someone pushing a button. Also, as PK said, there is the potential for that kind of structure to railroad rounds onto a single path. The reason I keep going on and on about this is because Kor won't just admit that he wants to change the core of the game. He just keeps going "nuh uh" every time someone criticizes him. If Kor would just be honest about what he wants to do, I wouldn't be nearly as irritated about this as I am. I'd still disagree, but I'd respect his position a lot more.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: Containment Thread

Post by onleavedontatme » #272117

I've spent 12 pages humouring the same questions over and over and over now and you've in aggregate called me a lazy lying nigger who wants to secretly destroy SS13 while repeating the same questions, so yes it's easier to just say "nope wrong" at this point rather than waste my time retyping the same responses.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #272120

Kor wrote:I've spent 12 pages humouring the same questions over and over and over now and you've in aggregate called me of being a lazy lying nigger who wants to secretly destroy SS13 while repeating the same questions, so yes it's easier to just say "nope wrong" at this point rather than waste my time retyping the same responses.
what did he mean by this
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #272164

Kor wrote:I've spent 12 pages humouring the same questions over and over and over now and you've in aggregate called me of being a lazy lying nigger who wants to secretly destroy SS13 while repeating the same questions, so yes it's easier to just say "nope wrong" at this point rather than waste my time retyping the same responses.
Is he /ourguy/?
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #272190

Having everything for a station and a planet mode in code together sounds like bloat to download size to me me. There is no antagonistic split, both are open and they share coders. Where it matters you should be able to port shit near effortlessly.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #272199

Kor wrote:I've spent 12 pages humouring the same questions over and over and over now and you've in aggregate called me a lazy lying nigger who wants to secretly destroy SS13 while repeating the same questions, so yes it's easier to just say "nope wrong" at this point rather than waste my time retyping the same responses.
I'm asking you a simple yes or no question that you've dodged every time. If you just answered the damn question I wouldn't keep asking. I think this project is wildly unrealistic, changes the core game in a way that the playerbase will not receive well, and you seem more interested in dodging criticism rather than addressing it yet. You aren't just saying "wrong" to me either, you've done the same thing to other people who have criticized your idea. If you think that means I'm calling you a "lazy lying nigger" then that's your problem. Personally, I think you're emotionally invested in an ambitious project and are taking criticism as personal insults, but that's just my impression.

So I'll ask one more, and all I want is a "yes" or "no" answer: Is it true that the crew must actively complete a series of tasks (powering the gateway and defending it) in order to successfully end the round? "Yes" or "no" is all I want. You can even do y or n if you really don't want to humor me.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #272206

Luke Cox wrote:
Kor wrote:I've spent 12 pages humouring the same questions over and over and over now and you've in aggregate called me a lazy lying nigger who wants to secretly destroy SS13 while repeating the same questions, so yes it's easier to just say "nope wrong" at this point rather than waste my time retyping the same responses.
I'm asking you a simple yes or no question that you've dodged every time. If you just answered the damn question I wouldn't keep asking. I think this project is wildly unrealistic, changes the core game in a way that the playerbase will not receive well, and you seem more interested in dodging criticism rather than addressing it yet. You aren't just saying "wrong" to me either, you've done the same thing to other people who have criticized your idea. If you think that means I'm calling you a "lazy lying nigger" then that's your problem. Personally, I think you're emotionally invested in an ambitious project and are taking criticism as personal insults, but that's just my impression.

So I'll ask one more, and all I want is a "yes" or "no" answer: Is it true that the crew must actively complete a series of tasks (powering the gateway and defending it) in order to successfully end the round? "Yes" or "no" is all I want. You can even do y or n if you really don't want to humor me.
Kor wrote: -The crew has no means of calling an escape shuttle. They either activate their gateway (by powering it up) or they have to accept defeat and detonate the nuke.
Kor wrote:-The gate power on sequence would be the finale replacing the shuttle, with a final wave of monsters sent to overrun the base as people escape to centcomm. A cooldown between each person escaping could add some tension and infighting and drag it out a bit.
from the design doc OP
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #272221

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 05#p266575

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... ns#p267394

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... ns#p267985

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... ns#p266653

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 50#p267124

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 50#p267145

Here I found some posts where I said there'd be other ways to end the round (including the very first one!) is this enough for you yet. I'm giving you an immense benefit of the doubt by assuming you're simply not reading my posts rather than illiterate but I'm just going to start deleting your posts at some point because it's becoming harder and harder to believe you aren't just trolling me for giggles.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: Implementation (Now with 100% more democracy)

Post by cedarbridge » #272224

Incoming wrote:If you want to supplant the base game completely fork the code and do it somewhere else. This is space station 13.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #272241

captain sawrge wrote:snip
Okay, so there is an active task required to end the round. Follow up question: Is there time pressure? Is there not a wave of corruption encroaching on the station that will result in an instant loss if it arrives. Also, why would antags work against the crew if they need them to get out alive?
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #272258

>complain I'm dodging your question
>link you six previous times I've answered it
>ignore my post

Guess we're done talking. Please don't make any more posts in this sub forum.