Jungle Mobs

Discussing the mapping/spriting/coding efforts involved in creating a version of SS13 that takes place on a planet surface. Will be finished Soon(TM)
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Jungle Mobs

Post by onleavedontatme » #270821

I don't really have any plans for them yet, so now is your time to shine forum ideas guys.

Ideally they'll behave like lavaland mobs in that they'll have a unique attack pattern and move in a manner that lets you melee it if you're paying attention. No dumb heat seeking missiles that just run up and hit you like space carp.

I attached sprites for one mob, which also needs ideas. I was thinking of letting it burrow and ambush people as its gimmick, but like I said, I'm open to suggestions.
Attachments
greater form.dmi
greater form.dmi (21.69 KiB) Viewed 18317 times
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Re: Jungle Mobs

Post by J_Madison » #270827

Mob switches between ranged and melee attacks.
At intervals, will channel an attack.
If a damage threshold isn't broken at this time, he'll gain increased attack and movement speed.

Unaggressive mob until provoked.
Mob cannot move when provoked.
Moving away from melee distance to the mob will cause it to blink to you and slow you.
After this blink attack, you have a short opportunity to get away from him whilst his blink attack is unavaliable.
Spins and deals damage around him when he dies.
If you're below 30% health, all mobs of this kind are aggressive to you.

Conjoined mob (visible rope/tether between them).
One mob will use AOE attacks whilst the other attacks you normally.
Dealing damage to one mob damages the other too.

Charging mob.
At certain thresholds, charges up a charge attack in a certain direction.
Getting hit by the charge damages you and stuns you.
Last edited by J_Madison on Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #270828

implement that fugu thing that grows in size, maybe give it fancier sprites

skeletons with monkey-tier AI
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #270830

PKPenguin321 wrote:
I'm looking for organic, non magical things for the jungle.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #270831

Kor wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
I'm looking for organic, non magical things for the jungle.
a humanoid monster with an exoskeleton and transparent flesh with monkey-tier AI
Spoiler:
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #270841

just add the robots from nier
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #270848

Looking at the sprites, it reminds me of Lictors from Warhammer 40k. Give em flesh hooks!

Im surprised you havent stolen more content from WH40k death worlds(Catachan being the most obvious) to add to your jungle.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #270851

from the OG thread
Qbopper wrote:Off topic from the "this will kill /tg/station", I'm stuck in a car for a few hours and I'm brainstorming stuff for the hypothetical map - specifically monsters that have gameplay impacts beyond "walks up to the station and kills you dead"

Like, what if there's a monster that's attracted specifically to energy/light? if they picked up the scent they'd track down the source, so say you're running from a traitor and notice a pack of them outside. The antag has a dual esword, so you run out and the moron follows you. They see what he's got and swarm him, attacking him until he drops it - then they snatch it and bring it back to their lair. They don't care if you live or die (unless you aggro them by attacking first maybe?) and just want that sweet sweet energy. You can track them down and get it back, maybe they'd be an annoyance all round, stealing light sources/whatever

Or what about a hunter mod that prowls in a pack of one or two - if it sees a crew member it goes in for the attack, but it uses a nonlethal method (maybe a small amount of a chemical per hit that makes you pass out if it hits a threshold? Didn't think about this too hard, maybe would be better if it kept you awakw so you could scream on the radio). Once you're down, it grabs you and begins slowly retreating to its hive, then when it's there it pulls a xenomorph and puts you in some organic bindings. The idea is if you leave your friend to die (because if you go outside alone you're a dumbass) the materials of the binding slowly deal damage until you turn into a nice organic nutrient paste for the hive. You can find where they took them by examining vegetation/looking for tracks (why not make this go for anything?) but the tracks fade over time

EDIT: They could also go after other wildlife on the planet - maybe if you go into the lair and find a monster trapped you could rescue it, changing it's behaviour so that it becomes your friend where it does its own thing, but will generally follow you and attack anyone who attacks you?
Limey wrote:its too late.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #270864

Make the animals get corrupted if they walk into the mist
ChangelingRain
Byond Username: ChangelingRain
Github Username: ChangelingRain

Post by ChangelingRain » #270885

Maybe some sort of group scavenger mob that prefers to eat from unguarded corpses, but will swarm and attack targets it "thinks" it can kill if it's hungry enough.
If it's not hungry, it'd probably just try to hide out of sight and wait for things to die and get left behind.

EDIT: oh hmm I didn't read shit you wanted more deadly monsters
How about a monster that blocks damage from anything not behind it, but is vulnerable while, and briefly after, attacking.
Its attacks would have a visible windup and hit area, so dodging would be possible and you'd be able to smack it or try to hit it form behind for bonus damage.
Plays Joan Lung and various AIs and cyborgs with mythology and magical creature-themed names. Joan on IRC.
earth-clawing illuminati trans girl
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #270886

add these little niggas
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #270895

Add fugu and the space worm that got gutted.

How about weak but numerous small monsters that call in near monsters when attacked. Think legion skulls but they all converge where the attacker is (think velociraptors.)

How about a monster that takes the form of a random crew member and when locked on a target, slurs and makes their target follow them further into the jungle before breaking their disguise (ala Wendigo.)

Refit ash walkers and make them NPCs that screech autistically and make rounds near certain random areas.

Giant spiders could be retrofitted.

Some sort of lizard pigmy that attacks with ranged poisoned darts.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #270920

i have ideas i will maybe sprite 2morrow
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #270923

You're making a lot of monsters that sound unbeatable in 1v1, which is what most exploration will be. Don't do that.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #270927

What would be interesting is if there were a few rare groups of 'pack' animals, say only one or two of these groups spawn during a match.

These pack animals would hunt and fight together, and establish territory for themselves. However if the corruption begins to encroach on their territory they'll pack up and move away, usually towards the Base.

However, these animals, while still hostile to explorers, would not immediately attack a explorer on first sight. Individually the monsters are weaker than a Human, and while the pack knows that if they attack a healthy human they'll likely win, but some of their number will die, so attacking Humans would be a last resort unless the Human is antagonising the pack intentionally.

The exception being if the corruption has become so overwhelming that the pack will make a suicidal charge into the Human Base for one last desperate grasp at survival, that should be announced before hand (giant roar?).
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #270930

So basically space wolves.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
danno

Post by danno » #270931

ShadowDimentio wrote:You're making a lot of monsters that sound unbeatable in 1v1, which is what most exploration will be. Don't do that.
so then "what most exploration" is will change
there's nothing wrong with encouraging people to maybe not go rambo in every thing they do
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #270938

HUGE difference between encouraging people to go in groups so that you can teamplay and having enemies that will near unavoidably kill you if you don't have a buddy to cover you.

Lavaland is this done right. With multiple people you can teamplay and make it much less likely you die, but going solo isn't impossible.

Also what the fuck is the point of going to a new, more open setting where if you exit the compound you get annihilated?
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
D&B

Post by D&B » #270942

That's the point, you need teamwork to scavenge for shit, not let the powergamers go alone and make it unscathed.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #270949

Yes lets sacrifice exploration in exchange for very slightly inconveniencing powergamers (if at all). That isn't completely wasteful of the new setting at all, and fucking stupid at that. No sir.

Making the jungle and certainly the corruption treacherous is completely to be expected, but don't fucking REQUIRE people to travel together if they don't want to because otherwise you get instadunked, that's not making things difficult it's gating systems behind having a buddy with you and is completely wasteful.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
D&B

Post by D&B » #270955

How is it wasteful?

You get more loot and ability to carry it if more people come. You're dropping into an unknown planet, crashing even, not earth. A buddy system to explore the great unknown helps you keep track of yourself, what you need to do.

The whole point of making the jungle dangerous is so we avoid the away mission problem. Not everyone will leave one on one if they know they're likely to die, and if an organized excursion goes out, then at least you know how many people will be missing and fill job and maintenance of the station accordingly.
Spoiler:
fuck you
danno

Post by danno » #270970

dumb baseless discussion based on complete hypotheticals and a proven naive sense of the game
keep it in your pants until the time actually comes around to talk about balance (namely when there's actually a product to fucking talk about) shadow
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #270972

Idea for an attack pattern: It's slow moving, but has a long arm that reaches out to grab you. If it gets you, it begins pulling you in, slowly dealing small damage by squeezing. If it gets you to the main monster, it starts doing slow but heavily damaging bites. You can attack the arm, but it doesn't do a lot of damage. Attacking the main monster does massive damage. You can escape the arms grab by resisting (RNG chance to break out) or dealing a certain amount of damage to the monster (guaranteed).

Kind of like those things that dangle from the ceiling in half life 2 that latch on and pull you up, only two dimensional.
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #270973

PKPenguin321 wrote:Idea for an attack pattern: It's slow moving, but has a long arm that reaches out to grab you. If it gets you, it begins pulling you in, slowly dealing small damage by squeezing. If it gets you to the main monster, it starts doing slow but heavily damaging bites. You can attack the arm, but it doesn't do a lot of damage. Attacking the main monster does massive damage. You can escape the arms grab by resisting (RNG chance to break out) or dealing a certain amount of damage to the monster (guaranteed).

Kind of like those things that dangle from the ceiling in half life 2 that latch on and pull you up, only two dimensional.
I like mobs that are fun to sentience, and this is definitely exactly that.
Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #270983

There should totally be roving space monkey groups armed with sticks and rocks.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #270987

PKPenguin321 wrote:Idea for an attack pattern: It's slow moving, but has a long arm that reaches out to grab you. If it gets you, it begins pulling you in, slowly dealing small damage by squeezing. If it gets you to the main monster, it starts doing slow but heavily damaging bites. You can attack the arm, but it doesn't do a lot of damage. Attacking the main monster does massive damage. You can escape the arms grab by resisting (RNG chance to break out) or dealing a certain amount of damage to the monster (guaranteed).

venus human traps then?

I mean they are plants they probably could naturally spawn in the jungle.
私は完璧
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #270988

The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #271115

Remie Richards wrote:

venus human traps then?

I mean they are plants they probably could naturally spawn in the jungle.
If you mean the things spawned by kudzu, those are kind of busted and they don't grab and pull you as much as they stun you indefinitely
Spoiler:
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #271133

They grab you, they pull you towards them.

What you've described is literally vht.
私は完璧
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #271135

I like to call them "Remie Plants", as RR coded them, and they are HILARIOUSLY deadly. They USED to have Xray targeting and could stunlock you through walls!

Oh, but to my suggestion for mobs? G I A N T H O R N E T S. Terraria style, which can fire venomous stingers at their targets to inject the toxin chem. Like all bugs, they REALLY hate fire.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #271137

well look at that, something else related to something I coded.

just have wild bee hives, they already have chems!
私は完璧
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #271149

Shrake.
A scouting party lost in the jungle. Died at the hands of corrupted monsters.
Hours later, they rose again, bodies a mix of jungle life, corruption, and the humanity they once had.
They don't directly "attack", but rather give you stamina damage as they entangle you and sap your health.
If you reach critical condition, the corpse is freed from the corruption as it takes a hold of you, and you are "trapped" inside the body of the mob until someone kills it by chopping the shit out of it.
The longer you fight it, the harder it gets to kill it.
I play Boris Pepper.
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #271189

Here's an old sprite from a discussion older than dismemberment;

you might find a use and a mob for this.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #271211

I remember seeing that sprite in the OP a while back and actually designed a concept around it when the Being gamemode was still floating around. I always wanted something done with it, though, so here's my concept.
Spoiler:
Name: Let's call it the Cigyd
Fluff: It has the Necropolis color scheme but for the venom/acid/green food coloring sacs on its back, so I'd say that it was a carnivorous reptile creature that laired near the Necropolis when it was dormant. When the ship landed and it started spreading, their burrows, and in turn they, were the first to be corrupted. They spawn around the Necropolis itself and are incredibly dangerous, serving as a kind of guardian. I'd place their health at around ash drake levels.
Patterns: It's obviously aggressive. It has a mouth on its goddamn chest. As they were stealthy hunters in their lifetime, I imagine that they'd be in this case, too.
  • When idle, they burrow into the ground, but they keep their aggro radius. When "pulled" they just don't do anything. The acid sacs (we'll call it acid for now) are visible and luminous. We'll imagine that there's a rare plant that grows in the jungle with really good healing properties - it looks very similar to that plant but with tiny differences.
  • If an aggroed mob leaves the radius, it loses its patience and bursts out of the ground and charges for them.
  • If an aggroed mob gets within one tile of the fruit, the Cigyd lunges at them; they have around a third of a second to react, and if they're too slow, the Cigyd grabs them with its chest-mouth-thing and starts munching on them for massive and probably lethal damage unless they can do enough damage to it to force it to stop snacking on them.
  • Normal attacks consist of it lunging at nearby people with its normal mouth. Its long neck grants it two-tile reach for melee, but its head has very limited degrees of movement.
  • Moves slowly, maybe goliath-speed, with carp speed when it's charging after someone that's trying to run away. Its weakness is getting behind it and attacking, where its bite can't reach you.
  • Has a tail swipe that knocks down anyone behind it with minor damage if it's getting harassed too much.
  • If someone's lying on the ground nearby, it'll prioritize making them its dinner. If it grabs someone with its chest mouth and they're unconscious, they're eaten alive and die. Corpses take ten minutes to digest, during which all of their gear is lost.
  • Digestions give a HoT that heals the Cigyd for its max health over one minute.
  • Hitting it with sharp weapons enough will cause its acid sacs to burst, spraying the area in acid and dealing tremendous damage to the Cigyd.
  • When it falls below 33% health, it retreats at full speed into the treeline, avoiding all others of its kind. It leaves tracks and blood trails that can be tracked down as it rests after its initial flight and limps towards the Necropolis.
  • If it reaches the Necropolis, it's fully healed and returns to its normal spot. If it's intercepted before then, yay, you can finish it off, because it won't fight back!
  • Can be butchered on death to leave ungodly amounts of meat for eating (but it's Necropolis-tainted...), plus its acid sacs if they haven't been popped. It leaves three, and each one contains a potent acid that naturally wards of jungle fauna - a remnant of its acidic saliva when it was a normal animal. The acid isn't effective against synthetic materials but destroys carbon very quickly, meaning it's lethal if it's applied to humans, animals, or even other Cigyds.
  • The acid also has the unique property of inducing docility in other Cigyds, maybe because of their natural instinct to flee when their own acid sacs rupture. Smashing a sac near a burrowed Cigyd will make it completely docile for several minutes, during which you can sever its acid sacs without doing any real damage. You can also sneak past, but doing any damage will break the haze and cause it to attack.
That's just a really quick concept I whipped up. I always like designing encounters and enemies, so if you want more I can post.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #271249

I want to see Cassowaries murdering spessmen.
imblyings wrote:stinging trees when?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendrocnide_moroides
I look forward to the Gympie.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #271261

imblyings wrote:stinging trees when?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendrocnide_moroides
I honestly thought it was a meme that everything in Aussieland wants to kill you. Apparently the plants want in on the action too.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #271265

Oh okay what if

we have the natural flora and fauna, and then versions corrupted by the necropolis that are significantly more dangerous. That way as the bigbad spreads the natural world becomes more dangerous. Maybe have a necropolis monster that injects mutation toxin into other animals like De Rol Le from PSO episode 1 rather than having them shift when the tile below them changes
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #271266

I was going to have the corruption just eat the jungle monsters but I guess transforming them works as well
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #271283

It gives an incentive to stop it even if it isn't an immediate threat. If xenobiologists want to go hunt an animal to dissect its corpse, they need to get to it before the Necropolis.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #271291

Xhuis wrote:It gives an incentive to stop it even if it isn't an immediate threat. If xenobiologists want to go hunt an animal to dissect its corpse, they need to get to it before the Necropolis.
smart, SMART!
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #271359

J_Madison wrote:Here's an old sprite from a discussion older than dismemberment;

you might find a use and a mob for this.
I drew this.

It eventually became this:
私は完璧
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #271632

requesting emu sprites
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #271640

Mobs should drag corpses to their nest and consume them, maybe spawning a new monster, so the outside still serves as corpse disposal for traitors.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #271645

Image honk honk

but seriously, triffids
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #271662

XDTM wrote:Mobs should drag corpses to their nest and consume them, maybe spawning a new monster, so the outside still serves as corpse disposal for traitors.
Skin or husk the mob but now eat it, so conquering a nest shows all the bodies that was feasted
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #271679

Realistically we are not going to code a complex AI ecosystem, but I think "hunting" could be managed by dropping a carnivores aggro range to 1 tile when it has recently fed, and increasing it as it gets hungrier.

Throw monkey corpses to distract the giant spider.
Jazaen
Byond Username: Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #271686

We could also go for a monster that's able to replicate using corpses. I know legion hosts can do it, but they are pretty much harmless, unless in large numbers, while I think of something more similar to a chrysalid.
I play:
SMAI-Reactivation (SybilAI)
SMAI-Revolutions (BagilAI)
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Shannah Rader (Sybil geneticist)
Janette Hall (Bagil geneticist)
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
I seriously hope you don't make the same mistakes I have
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #271689

Jazaen wrote:We could also go for a monster that's able to replicate using corpses. I know legion hosts can do it, but they are pretty much harmless, unless in large numbers, while I think of something more similar to a chrysalid.
Hive full of egg sacks and bodies glued to the wall YES
MrEousTranger
Byond Username: Mr.EousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #271706

Just curious we do have non aggressive passive mobs that flee when threatened right?

Right?

And where is the predator? We're in a jungle.
One person on this planet wrote:Wow you're funny and original Eous
I don't play often but when I do I'm Kyp Astar normally a sec role unless I'm bored and go assistant.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #271738

Pissed off pygmies.