Jungle Mobs

Discussing the mapping/spriting/coding efforts involved in creating a version of SS13 that takes place on a planet surface. Will be finished Soon(TM)
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Jungle Mobs

Post by Armhulen » #314613

Bottom post of the previous page:

danno wrote:balanced for planetstation
Ergovisavi
Byond Username: Ergovisavi

Post by Ergovisavi » #314698

I fully admit that the mobs I create may be overtuned, as their largest source of testing comes from myself. That said they aren't even put anywhere on the map yet, so nobody has really seen them, so maybe dial down the YOU'RE LITERALLY FUCKING HITLER until they've seen some action?

Also, I don't see what the big deal is on the leaper, I kill the thing without a scratch with a knife.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #314831

Leapers are very easy to kill. They have specific tells and timings between their attacks.
If you'd like some help, there's a small infographic that might help you here:
Spoiler:
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Ergovisavi
Byond Username: Ergovisavi

Post by Ergovisavi » #316883

'Nother new mob, probably the last one for a long while.
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/29253
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #316886

make sure it's player controllable!
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #317059

it would be neat if a plant shot seeds and did un-dodgable vine attacks instead of magic lasers but okay I guess.

Maybe need some low quality filler sprites to resprite some existing or plain basic mobs because most of ergosavis new stuff seems to be in the "bring a friend or know the pattern and slowly kill it. Flat out die if you are under any slowdown/ping/lag spike" school of thought.
kust
Byond Username: Kustridaren

Post by kust » #317236

Why not have random mobs so you never know what to expect in the jungle ?
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #317507

kust wrote:Why not have random mobs so you never know what to expect in the jungle ?
Random mix-and-matching the mob sprites with behaviour so you can't just look and know "oh that's an X, I fight it by Y" at roundstart would be interesting

inb4 the RNG decides to pair "cute little bunny sprite" with "bubblegum code"
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #317537

Screemonster wrote:"cute little bunny sprite" with "bubblegum code"
ponty mython.
私は完璧
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #319745

add fake trees
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #337086

NOT EVEN READ THE REST OF THE THREAD JUST GONNA DUMP THIS HERE.

An immobile hostile rafflesia that sends out clouds of flesh-searing toxin in various directions and formations. It turns a bit into a bullet hell, but much slower, as you have to dance around their waves of corrosive pain.

A rare, spooky mob that appears behind you sometimes when you walk through darkness. If you always look away from it, it'll never do anything to you, and it goes away if you reach a station tile. If you look at it at any point, it starts attacking you in a frenzy.

A player-controlled giant ant nest, which work like spiders & ash walkers mixed together - maybe half a dozen different varieties of ant, all spawned from the queen to whom they return the bodies of fallen enemies.

Snake mob. Long, takes up several tiles. Will pursue mobs - if it ever straightens up completely while pursuing a mob, it will charge forward several tiles VERY quickly. Consumes mobs for additional length and health.

Giant frog. Not hostile unless provoked (or you're a flyman). Can be rode; acts a bit like a janicart, with a button that lets it bound forward four steps, or occasionally leap seven (you stay in the air for two seconds doing this last one).
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #337833

AnonymousNow wrote: Snake mob. Long, takes up several tiles. Will pursue mobs - if it ever straightens up completely while pursuing a mob, it will charge forward several tiles VERY quickly. Consumes mobs for additional length and health.
Gave me flashbacks of how demented and buggy space worms(?) were. Snake inspired expanding people eater tended to eat itself too or just tear i guess leaving just a head. Part of the reason coders fear the multi tile.